Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating (20152 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:58am On Sep 07, 2014
texaco1: we are both saying the same thing . I can remember during my pe classes in secondary school ,we were taught the measurement of pitches for each sport and told it could be eg. 2m but not exceeding 2.7m.this is just an example . Why I am taking time to stress this is because some people may believe that some sttadiums have huge pitches due to the way they maybe seeing it on tv
A two yard addition is a lot. That is why possessive teams like Arsenal, Barcelona and Brighton FC have wider pitches than others.

Look at it from a wingers perspective. If the pitch is not wide like Stamford Bridge, Terry can leave his position and go to help the wing back and still come back. But, a two yard step off his defence would be disastrous.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by MissTeaseMe(f): 2:58am On Sep 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: If the coach just says play, how did they train to play a high line defence.

In tournaments, we improve as the tournament goes on under Coach Keshi, do you think it is just go and play.

In the Nations Cup, we played a formation that had the strikers, Ideye and Emenike go wide to play as wingers, stretching the marking defenders wide to follow the attackers, creating room for Mba to penetrate from the midfield and score.

Please there is a lot of technicalities to Coach Keshi's game. It just takes time to gel.
I pray we "gel" before year 3000

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 3:01am On Sep 07, 2014
MissTeaseMe:
I pray we "gel" before year 3000
If you look at the Good side of Coach Keshi, you will see that he has done well. I just hope he focuses on the younger lads like Ezeh and Nacho.

I believe we will see improvements in the next game.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 07, 2014
adiosgracias: Blame it on d coach. Keshi building a football team since 1806 BC
i don't have anything to say. But thegoodjoehunt3, you are messing up the share button, please. It's is not to share every comment you see. It does not look good at my end biko.

You should ONLY share reasonable OP, not people's comments/reply all the time. I will unfollow you if this continues.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Nobody: 6:52am On Sep 07, 2014
2sExy1: i don't have anything to say. But thegoodjoehunt3, you are messing up the share button, please. It's is not to share every comment you see. It does not look good at my end biko.

You should ONLY share reasonable OP, not people's comments/reply all the time. I will unfollow you if this continues.

Lol grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by mummyson26(m): 6:59am On Sep 07, 2014
obiseq: stop deceiving urself. dat is naija pitch no be congolese pitch oo. a lazy man always blames his tools. is it not d same bad pitch a visitor beat ur team. if congo beat ur team in their country den u say it is bad pitch+weather+ referee+caf+fifa etc dat gave dem victory. smh for SE
Bros take am easy abeg. U knw when d team u so much love lost na orishirishi exquise u go dey gv to console yourself

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by JideTheBlogger(m): 7:06am On Sep 07, 2014
arnold75: Nigerians enjoy victory by chance or fluke, keshi has never impressed me. Cracks when he faces good oppositions, being saved all these while by sheer brilliance of individual players and he had been taking the glory. Now the players whose brilliance gave him a good name iddnt come to party today. What was keshi's pattern today? What wad his formation? What was his plan b, smh he needs to upgrade his tactics as we might face more humilations in the hands of SA. A 38 yrs old record broken today i hope we have not become man utd in the hands of moyes.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 07, 2014
Three7Ty9:

Lol grin
I tire jor. Na wetin make me unfollow Banega b this. I started following that one because of her contribution at Politics section, for which she striked me as a very intelligent lady.

Alas! She sef begin dey share rubbish post, without realising that what may seem amusing/interesting to her may not excite others. angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Wolison(m): 7:36am On Sep 07, 2014
Nobleval: tongue
lols.....allow me jaare....dis tin dey vex me die
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 07, 2014
2sExy1: I tire jor. Na wetin make me unfollow Banega b this. I started following that one because of her contribution at Politics section, for which she striked me as a very intelligent lady.

Alas! She sef begin dey share rubbish post, without realising that what may seem amusing/interesting to her may not excite others. angry

Oh sowi,. didn't realise I was causing much of a problem.. Was only trying out the new SP feature then.. I wanted to know how it works!! Don't really make much use of that feature now though!! Expect when necessary!! M truly sorry for the inconvenience..
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 07, 2014
banega: Oh sowi,. didn't realise I was causing much of a problem.. Was only trying out the new SP feature then.. I wanted to know how it works!! Don't really make much use of that feature now though!! Expect when necessary!! M truly sorry for the inconvenience..
it's okay. smiley I rarely follow people except they exhibit exceptional intellects or if I find them interesting.

I believe the facebook share button should have taught us how to effectively use such feature but I am just amazed at way people misuse it here.

It's okay ma'am. smiley happy sunday!
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 07, 2014
2sExy1: it's okay. smiley I rarely follow people except they exhibit exceptional intellects or if I find them interesting.

I believe the facebook share button should have taught us how to effectively use such feature but I am just amazed at way people misuse it here.

It's okay ma'am. smiley happy sunday!
Yea,. Samehere • • Next time though!! If you got a problem or an issue with mee.. Please do bring it to ma attention!! Thank you and please do have a very nice dae smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by searay(m): 8:17am On Sep 07, 2014
condralbede: Its tomorrow things Broo...dem Don shift am, cos thr is no Light!!!
thankchew, what times are them goings to pray the mash?
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 10:01am On Sep 07, 2014
Like super Eagles of Nigeria like three lions of England
like Stephen Keshi like Roy Hodgson
like NFF like. .............................NDI ARA
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Mrnnamdi(m): 2:12pm On Sep 07, 2014
Keshi is not a good coach, i expected him to invite kelechi ihenacho. He has no tactical football sense. I still suggest NFF should drop him.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Bigsteveg(m): 6:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
otokx: It really was not keepers fault; try rating the coach and the field too.

What do u mean d field too? We've being playing our game at that stadium for the past 2 yrs or thereabout, ever heard of the saying that we never lost a game at that stadium before?
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Bigsteveg(m): 6:46pm On Sep 07, 2014
Wolison: ....and how would this bring back my hard earned N3,000.00 that I bet on their head;ego mu weree sii etua wee gwue mmiri!...#sob#
Usef fall my hand, how u go put 3k ontop super eagles? U deserve flogging.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Wolison(m): 7:03pm On Sep 07, 2014
Bigsteveg:
Usef fall my hand, how u go put 3k ontop super eagles? U deserve flogging.
guy no mind me oooooo!!!
I thought those guys can be used to bet ooooo!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by iconize(m): 11:44am On Sep 08, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: If the coach just says play, how did they train to play a high line defence.

In tournaments, we improve as the tournament goes on under Coach Keshi, do you think it is just go and play?

In the Nations Cup, we played a formation that had the strikers, Ideye and Emenike go wide to play as wingers, stretching the marking defenders wide to follow the attackers, creating room for Mba to penetrate from the midfield and score.

Please there is a lot of technicalities to Coach Keshi's game. It just takes time to gel.

Please educate them more, I've tried my best.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by yinkeys(m): 6:45am On Sep 09, 2014
@Jarus oga, please I'd love to know which EPL team you support. Hopefully, it's Arsenal smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 09, 2014
yinkeys: @Jarus oga, please I'd love to know which EPL team you support. Hopefully, it's Arsenal smiley

Gunner since 1999.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 09, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Thank you. Mikel gets all the sticks but as Arsene Wenger pointed out—The Super Eagles problem is indiscipline.

Many did not understand Coach Arsene Wenger then. Onazi does not play his role and causes the team to be imbalanced.

Mikel needs a defensive midfielder who would protect the back four. As long as Onazi continues this his Yaya Toure football, forgetting Yaya Toure had Fernandinho and Javi Garcia protecting the back four, our pre-World Cup/World Cup form will continue.

And you think this is Onazi's fault? Keshi is quick to call you out in the media or elsewhere when you do not stick with his plan. It is purely the coaches's fault that Onazi doesn't stay in his lane.

Keshi has always said he loves box to box midfielders, hence giving the likes of Onazi freedom to roam, and thinning the midfield in the process.

He's a good coach but when it to deep technicalty he is wanting.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by pazienza(m): 5:13pm On Sep 09, 2014
hardeyswaggz: TWAS TOO FAST TRYNA BRING BACK WHAT WE HAD BEFORE WORLD CUP. AND AGAIN I FELT THE ERA OF LOBING THE BALL FROM DEFENCE TO ATTACK HAD STOPPED WITH THE FRANCE GAME.

I swear, that lobing ish was so annoying. It was obvious that it wasn't going to work,but they kept doing it over and over, gosh! Those guys have gone mad.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by hardeyswaggz: 8:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
hahahahahahahaahha, its jst mikel, he is the one that does it most and he plays with some of the best midfielders in the world, week in week out.
pazienza:

I swear, that lobing ish was so annoying. It was obvious that it wasn't going to work,but they kept doing it over and over, gosh! Those guys have gone mad.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
onirugbon1:

And you think this is Onazi's fault? Keshi is quick to call you out in the media or elsewhere when you do not stick with his plan. It is purely the coaches's fault that Onazi doesn't stay in his lane.

Keshi has always said he loves box to box midfielders, hence giving the likes of Onazi freedom to roam, and thinning the midfield in the process.

He's a good coach but when it to deep technicalty he is wanting.
Mikel would not scream at Onazi in the friendly game against USA if that was the game plan. A box to box midfielder always has a cover. If a defensive midfielder does not shield the defence, the defence gets weak.

Arsene Wenger called it indiscipline, that is not playing according to the coach's instructions. He said that was our weak point.

Let me repeat again. Coach Arsene Wenger said Nigeria's weak point was players not playing to instruction. Remember Coach Keshi complaining about Osaze. Also Onazi leaving his line to become Yaya You're is not the coach's instruction.

Coach Keshi played as a defensive midfielder and a defender. He knows the importance of keeping the defence protected.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by yinkeys(m): 2:25am On Sep 10, 2014
Jarus:

Gunner since 1999.
like me sir, back when Kanu was on fire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AFCON 2021: Algeria Vs Equatorial Guinea 0 - 1 On 16th January 2022 / USA Vs WALES: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (1 - 1) On 21st November 2022 / Ronaldo's Al Nassr Eliminated From The King's Cup By 10-man Al Wehda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.