Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,162 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

Nigeria Vs Congo: The Calabar Jinx Broken? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Congo: The Calabar Jinx Broken? (800 Views)

Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) / Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs Congo : AFCON 2015 Qualifiers (2 - 3) On Saturday September 6, 2014 (2) (3) (4)

Nigeria Vs Congo: The Calabar Jinx Broken? by ximarro(m): 7:56pm On Sep 06, 2014
I believe the calabar jinx has been broken by the Congolese National Team. Until now, the Super Eagles of Nigeria haven't lost a match at the U.J Esuene Stadium and I believe that must have prompted the fixing of the match in that venue. Rumours had it that people were optimistic of the super eagles beating their opponents from the same continent as long as the match is to be played in Calabar. My question is; has the Calabar venue failed us? Or what do you think are the factors responsible for their loss.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: The Calabar Jinx Broken? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 06, 2014
God is not a politician, .ok
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: The Calabar Jinx Broken? by ximarro(m): 8:08pm On Sep 06, 2014
ajibolabd: God is not a politician, .ok
Of course he is not.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: The Calabar Jinx Broken? by Ethereal0110(f): 8:20pm On Sep 06, 2014
Wetin concern me..

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: The Calabar Jinx Broken? by philantoxx(m): 8:24pm On Sep 06, 2014
my foot.wetin we dey feel like self?
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: The Calabar Jinx Broken? by ximarro(m): 8:45pm On Sep 06, 2014
philantoxx: my foot.wetin we dey feel like self?
Guy, according to what I heard, de believed de could surmount d Congolese cos precedence has it that d Calabar soil favours us.

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: The Calabar Jinx Broken? by tiswell(m): 8:59pm On Sep 06, 2014
The calabar 'slaughter' ground has seen d owner's decimation...dis is not our very own super eagles.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: The Calabar Jinx Broken? by ximarro(m): 9:53pm On Sep 06, 2014
tiswell: The calabar 'slaughter' ground has seen d owner's decimation...dis is not our very own super eagles.
To b frank, it got to a point dat d eagles wer frustrated. I will say dat d current crop of players can't win a street tournament not to talk of a major one. A pity angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: The Calabar Jinx Broken? by ximarro(m): 9:57pm On Sep 06, 2014
Ethereal0110: Wetin concern me..
Na it u enter here?
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: The Calabar Jinx Broken? by philantoxx(m): 7:45pm On Sep 08, 2014
ximarro: Guy, according to what I heard, de believed de could surmount d Congolese cos precedence has it that d Calabar soil favours us.
high time we move to other stadiums oo
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: The Calabar Jinx Broken? by ximarro(m): 8:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
philantoxx:
high time we move to other stadiums oo
True ma guy
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: The Calabar Jinx Broken? by philantoxx(m): 9:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
[quote author=ximarro] True ma guy[/quote
abi
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: The Calabar Jinx Broken? by philantoxx(m): 9:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
ximarro: True ma guy
na soo boss

Diego Costa's Goals Are Not Normal - Jose Mouriho / NFF Crisis: Giwa Resumes, Recalls Keshi / A Man Walks Blinfolded On A Tiny Rope Of 200 Yards Between 2 Sky Scrapers