Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? (36453 Views)

What's Wrong With DSTV? / What's With Dstv's Censoring? / Problem With Dstv Decoder And Smartcard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by marcjoe(m): 7:19am On Sep 10, 2014
So DSTV(dsthieves) want ppl to miss yesterday's important program.... undecided

Go here to get MTN cheap data plans.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by heed101(m): 7:19am On Sep 10, 2014
Stories for the gods angry
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by alobam1: 7:20am On Sep 10, 2014
kultimate009: Simple Solution.... BUY GOTV.... Better, cheaper and as far as I know it doesn't 'hang' or 'freeze' and most importantly, almost the same content.... Abi na by force to watch Comedy Central ni?

Wa sere..#TeamGOTV

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by jeamie(m): 7:20am On Sep 10, 2014
Velvet86: Please is anyone experiencing the same problem as I am.?
My decoder is always changing channels on its own & the most annoying is the rebooting/scanning which takes ages to complete.

Pls what is actually the problem?
Is it Software issues?

It's very frustrating especially when it causes you to miss important episodes.
go and get GOTV grin
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 10, 2014
MrOrioye: I'm so happy to see this trend . I thought it was my decoder going bad. Now i know its a software problem. I hope they release a better software soon. shocked shocked shocked shocked

You mean thread?
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by jnrbayano(m): 7:21am On Sep 10, 2014
DSTV dealing with Nigerians since 1993

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by shegsrules(m): 7:21am On Sep 10, 2014
Same here also,mine for the past 3weeks it would work at day and off at night
Like say na jazz. I even gave a guy at d dstv office dey go d tell me say na power problem, why don't they just voice out their problem abi na 2015 digitization dey make dem wan chop money.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by jeamie(m): 7:21am On Sep 10, 2014
heed101: Stories for the gods angry
STORIES grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by iceberylin(m): 7:21am On Sep 10, 2014
Go and Repair yours joor
mine is working Perfectly well wink
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by igbsam(m): 7:25am On Sep 10, 2014
I No get DSTV, and na my Panasonic black and white tv i still dey use. So i no get answer for your question mbok!
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Tic4tac(m): 7:30am On Sep 10, 2014
U better go nd get GoTv
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by jeamie(m): 7:32am On Sep 10, 2014
Funbii...i see ya wink
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by obitobe: 7:33am On Sep 10, 2014
barika2011: Same thing here,my decoder takes forever to boot and hangs from time to time
are you sure you are using dstv or Qsat, because the hanging/ freezing thing is peculiar with Qsat users.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Abduletudaye(m): 7:33am On Sep 10, 2014
Even my Dstv does the same.. Am guessing its the recent software upgrade...11K just wasting..

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Slymonster(m): 7:41am On Sep 10, 2014
The time counting annoys me more,from 26 it will go up to 100 one day...
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by himclfgud(m): 7:44am On Sep 10, 2014
Mehn! the same thing with mine oooo....i thought it was the weather at first , but i studied it and found out .....its nt, lols Why i no buy CMTV
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by IYANGBALI: 7:46am On Sep 10, 2014
preciosaadriana8: My Dstv Is Doing The Same
hmmmmmmmm everyone including you that is using free to air decoder is claiming to use DSTV,God dey grin
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:48am On Sep 10, 2014
Smh 4 You'all DSTV Subscriberz. Go 4 Metro All The Way!!! They Neva Disappoint!

#team_meatro!
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by IYANGBALI: 7:49am On Sep 10, 2014
Slymonster: The time counting annoys me more,from 26 it will go up to 100 one day...
the time I bought my dstv decoder the counting was just 11,now just like you said it is now 26,one day he go reach 1000
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Johnolis(m): 7:50am On Sep 10, 2014
smiley wink cheesy grin cool tongue kiss
Enjoying my Startimes since time immemorial.no scanning issues and problems.interesting channels too,just 1000naira for monthly recharge.STARTIMES,Enjoy digital life.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Danelo(m): 7:58am On Sep 10, 2014
My decoder does the same aswell + DSTV is becoming so damn annoying we pay high bills and get below par services. They show wateva. They like ranging frm movies that date as far back as 2000. The sports channels nko? Dey keep repeating matches common Euro qualifiers dem no fit show. they are ridding us big tym.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by femi4: 8:00am On Sep 10, 2014
sauceny: Does it,cus itz put up on an automatic software update...
Its not automatic, you can choose to ignore the update
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by meetgaya: 8:02am On Sep 10, 2014
Funbii: 1. Switch off the power, pull out the power
cord from the DStv Decoder and wait 30
seconds.

2. Re-insert the power cord, switch on the
power and wait for the DStv Decoder to finish
scanning.

If the problem still persists, tweet at them @DStvNg
Is it what we are going to do everyday switching and disconnecting? This is terrible!
You have fail Nigerians like Jonathan. You need to upgrade your systems with the money you collected from us because the way my DSTV is freezing and rebooting am began to think how to change to strong. The worst about DSTV is showing old films.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by horlabiyi(m): 8:05am On Sep 10, 2014
Having the same issue
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by adahib: 8:10am On Sep 10, 2014
It's good to see this here. I was of the opinion that my decoder was going bad. I hope DSTV sorts this out as soon as possible. It's quite frustrating...
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by jujunaty(m): 8:13am On Sep 10, 2014
Thank God I never pay..... Oya SEKEM SEKEM SEKEM.... grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Leopantro: 8:17am On Sep 10, 2014
was thinking of taking the decoder to the Dstv office before I saw this.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by kennyfao(m): 8:19am On Sep 10, 2014
What Is DSTV? We use Wire to Wire(cable to cable)here in my street and its working fine.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by BuhBye: 8:22am On Sep 10, 2014
Afghanistan:
Your decoder may be fauly or you are having smart card problem because its not a general issue. By the way, what type of decoder are you using.

His decoder is not faulty, didn't you read the comments from other members. Oh i'm sorry, i guess we all have faulty decoders maybe it's time to buy that over priced PVR.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by BluStreak(m): 8:23am On Sep 10, 2014
dashintrends: i suspect it is a software update that does not fit some decoders, but was sent to all.
Hubby said, its like they want to force us to get the PVR.
They should do something about this please.

I share in this thoughliine. I am having the same problem and my tot exactly was to force subscribers to upgrade their decorder.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by BuhBye: 8:23am On Sep 10, 2014
kultimate009: Simple Solution.... BUY GOTV.... Better, cheaper and as far as I know it doesn't 'hang' or 'freeze' and most importantly, almost the same content.... Abi na by force to watch Comedy Central ni?

#Team GOTV

Joke of the day.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by BuhBye: 8:24am On Sep 10, 2014
Austamaj: The solution is simple whe it asks for reboot just press EXIT on your remote you will be fine. That's my short cut solution.

It's automated, one does simply cancel it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nina's Boyfriend, Collins Reaches Out To Her Following Her Cry In The Diary Room / BBNaija: Alex Tags BamBam "Dirty". Nigerians React / Bbnaija: Cee-c Gives Reason Bambam Is Madly In Love With Teddy A [VIDEO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.