Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,501 members, 7,781,516 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:01 PM

10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space (25834 Views)

astonishing images from space. / 25 Surprising Things You Might Not Know About Earth’s Oceans / Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
Dolemite: Meanwhile in Africa, total darkness at night. sad

A bit harsh..... Over half the continent is uninhabited desert and another quarter uninhabited forest. Africa is not like America or Asia or Europe where everywhere is generally habitable.

1 Like

Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by kultimate009: 8:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
Hmmm
Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by calobinna(m): 8:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
we are blessed....I would be happier if you guys show me where cannabis are grown
#teamlegaliseweed
Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by MissBritney(f): 8:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
valmunich: Lies! have you been to space?
Its the view of the scientists and NASA officials not the OP.
Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by nikkypearl(f): 8:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ok!noted!

1 Like

Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
valmunich: Lies! have you been to space?

Did he say he took the pictures himself?
undecided
Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by adeolamuis: 8:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
I just hope to travel to space soon, so as to take some pix of my darling nigeria
Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by Dolemite(f): 8:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
ROSSIKE:

A bit harsh..... Over half the continent is uninhabited desert and another quarter uninhabited forest. Africa is not like America or Asia or Europe where everywhere is generally habitable.

Have you flown over Lagos at night? zero electricity!

1 Like

Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by mohdrufai(m): 8:36pm On Sep 10, 2014
Keneking: Aso Rock gensets
Brown roofs in Ibadan
Jona's bowler hat
Sambisa forest
PDP umbrella in the forest mentioned above grin
Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by valmunich(m): 8:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
MissBritney:
Its the view of the scientists and NASA officials not the OP.
pictures can be deceptive, the pictures too don't even look real. we need something like a video to believe
Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by masqot(m): 8:44pm On Sep 10, 2014
Richhommie: 6. The border between india and pakistan - There’s no better vantage point than space to see the expansive beauty of the planet and the interconnectedness of the human race. However, even getting hundreds of kilometers above Earth isn’t far enough away to blur some of the ugly sides of life and the divisions we create between each other.Take, for instance, the man-made border between India and Pakistan. These two countries are at such odds that they’ve erected a physical, militarized border which remains lit by floodlights at night to prevent ammunition trafficking and terrorist crossings.

That's one of the sorry cases of human existence that I've read in recent time. Peace to the world
Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by MissBritney(f): 8:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
valmunich:
pictures can be deceptive, the pictures too don't even look real. we need something like a video to believe
How rare do you think it will be to get a video footage of such occurence and events.
Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by IRRESPONSIBLE(m): 8:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
MissBritney:
No they are actually real.
Hmmmm... That's incredible
Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by Mutuwa(m): 8:55pm On Sep 10, 2014
and the holy land of makkah aswell..

1 Like

Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by MissBritney(f): 8:55pm On Sep 10, 2014
IRRESPONSIBLE:
Hmmmm... That's incredible
And ur username is funny. R u truly irresponsible ?. Joking.
Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by youngvizzy1(m): 8:58pm On Sep 10, 2014
Babyboy1986: U well so
tongue
Babyboy1986: U well so
ur head is shaking cheesy
Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
If u are interested in the interpretation and carrying analysis on satellite Images (such as d ones on this tread). You want to study the change,dynamics,growth, of the following urban areas,river,vegetation,wetland,desert etc using satellite images. Contact us.
Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by Stepout(m): 8:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
So inspired with the topic, If the ISS are watching like this, what of God who created the space, the earth and all the Planet. Twale Baba God.................i think every president of the country should send to the space to learn more. Moreover Space tourism on my mind. May God bless.

And someone will tell me that they can't trace the Chiboks girls with this powerful tech.
Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by Toosure70: 9:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
Kabiyesi re o. Olodumare
Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
Richhommie: 6. The border between india and pakistan - There’s no better vantage point than space to see the expansive beauty of the planet and the interconnectedness of the human race. However, even getting hundreds of kilometers above Earth isn’t far enough away to blur some of the ugly sides of life and the divisions we create between each other.Take, for instance, the man-made border between India and Pakistan. These two countries are at such odds that they’ve erected a physical, militarized border which remains lit by floodlights at night to prevent ammunition trafficking and terrorist crossings.

Who paid for the wall, India or Pakistan or both?
Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by davien(m): 9:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
nature sure is beautiful!....
Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by Nmeri17: 9:19pm On Sep 10, 2014
shogz89:
and to those that keep shouting FTC,, you guyz are assholes,, cos this hasn't changed anything in me as far as am concerned undecided

k.
Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
The logo of Mr. Sander aka KFC logo can be seen from space... Op add that
Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 10, 2014
Awesome. Good job, OP. I just added 'space exploration' to my bucket list.
Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by IRRESPONSIBLE(m): 9:26pm On Sep 10, 2014
MissBritney:
And ur username is funny. R u truly irresponsible ?. Joking.
LOL... Take a guess
Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by chelseabmw(m): 9:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
wowww lovely
Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
Dolemite:

Have you flown over Lagos at night? zero electricity!

You're a LIAR.

Flying over Lagos at night shows a very well lit city.

South Africa and Nigeria are the most lit up parts of Africa at night:

[img]http://www.forensicgenealogy.info/images/africa2003.jpg[/img]
Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by valmunich(m): 10:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
MissBritney:
How rare do you think it will be to get a video footage of such occurence and events.
well, only that can convince me of its originality.
Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
cool
Re: 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space by sergioclaudio(m): 10:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
Where is the Coral Reef?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Similarities Between Human Being And Chimpanzee - Aroms Aigbehi / Silas Adekunle Shuts Down Reach Robotics In UK / Xiaomi Produces CyberDog Robot That Can Recognize Owner's Face & Voice (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.