Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,217 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

Uk Visa Appeal Pending: Help Needed! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa Appeal Pending: Help Needed! (1743 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Uk Visa Appeal Pending: Help Needed! by teachee: 11:05am On Oct 29, 2008
Good morning to one and all,
I am a UK citizen and this year I married my Nigerian partner.We have been in a relationship for 3 years and have a 1 year old son.
My husband's visa was refused due to the fact that he was previously in the UK without leave.He was caught in a house with 2 other people and finger printed.
They were told  (in 2004) that they would be visited by immigration officials and then be returned to Nigeria. Suffice to say  no official  turned up and so they stayed.
He returned to Nigeria by his own free will and at his own cost last year.
When applying to join me in the UK the biometrics showed up the 2004 case and they refused him.
We are currently in the appeal process, the lawyer says we have a good chance as we have a child together and the fact that he committed no criminal offence while he was here.
In fact he worked very hard while he was here,paying taxes that he will not benefit from,and going to church every week.
What I need to know is whether I should be bombarding the Embassy and Tribunal panel in the form of a letter/phone calls with the stress I am feeling without my husband here to help me.Some friends have told me that it might be a good idea to worry them so they speed things up.It has already been 3 months and the Embassy has been given until Feb '09 to prepare their case. I know the hearing could be set from 2 months after that.I don't need to tell u all how heart breaking it is to be seperated from a loved one for so long,much less our child.
The only reason that I am hesitating is that I don't want to make the situation worse as I know these British officials do not use empathy when making their decisions.
I just want to be doing something while this long wait continues
any advice would be much appreciated embarassed
As I said I do have a lawyer who is being paid heavily,I have put my question to them but I do not want to put my faith in them 100% (only the Almighty gets that ammount of trust!)as they are being paid to help,and at the end of the day if the case looks like it is not working out then it is more money to them.It took me a long time to find a lawyer in the 1st place,I went to several to make sure they were all giving the same advice etc
Can anyone tell me if they have known or been in a similar situation
Many thanks,God bless

(1) (Reply)

Ghanian Orthopaedic Surgeon Blasts Spanish Ambassador For Denying Him Visa / Description From Ajah To Agbara By Bus / Please Help Solve This Booking Wahala with Egyptair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.