Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,963 members, 7,799,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Onye..... A Review - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Onye..... A Review (706 Views)

Lyrics: Onye Lyrics By Frank Edwards / [DOWNLOAD] ONYE VIDEO : Waje Ft Tiwa Savage & (mp3) / Video Premiere: ‘onye’ Waje Ft Tiwa Savage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onye..... A Review by ololololo: 12:13am On Sep 07, 2014
My baby fine, onye
Otorogonogo, onye
My baby sure, onye
I love, I love, I love this baby

Permit me to do an ololololo remix
The video fine, ehen
Onasom uso, ehen
The video cute, ehen
I love, I love, I love this video
(E don tay wey I know say music no be my talent. lol)

In case you missed it, the chorus above (the original o, not the sorry remix) is from Onye, a song by Waje and Tiwa Savage. However, the song is not the subject here. It's the video. Simply put, the video rocks. Kponkwem!!!

Coming at a time when music videos are all about nudity and/or "flaunting what mama gave you", Waje and co successfully made a video that is hilarious, comic, watchable and had concept. The video is still PG 13, what with the sneak view Waje gave us of her "assets" but that takes nothing away from the brilliance of the video. This video should be in the top three videos of the year.

Minus the absence of nudity, check out the concept na. Simple role reversal. They just tried to remind us say no be only bobos dey suffer for babes hand. See as the guy use their eye, and account balance, see yeye. My baby ko, my baby ni. lol.

Costume nko? They killed it. See Omawumi looking like one sugar mummy. Story line, cool. Picture quality, correct. And they kept the whole video simple. No overkill of any kind. No useless scenes, rubbish dancing, nothing unnecessary.

Our music industry has boomed over the years. As the industry blossomed, the music video producers became more daring and began to do it the Hollywood way. Out went modesty and in came the bikini girls. It's a bit ironic though that Timaya will wear better jeans and shirt but the girls in his video will wear only pant and bra. I wonder how they convince them sha.

Abeg, before e be like say I want pour sand sand for person garri, lemme watch Onye, again, for the seventeenth time.
Re: Onye..... A Review by iheanyi4u(m): 12:19am On Sep 07, 2014
Just incase..
Re: Onye..... A Review by redcliff: 12:25am On Sep 07, 2014
I was even thinking it was the onye naija-china gadet company..or is it inye?. Cant remember
Re: Onye..... A Review by akay48(m): 6:20am On Sep 08, 2014
Credits--> Kemi Adetiba Visuals...Kemi is a creative visual director per excellence! She's done vid for Niyola, Lynxx, Bez among others. She also did Olamide's Anifowoshe video, Niyola's Toh Bad etc...Currently, she's the best video director in Nigeria IMO.

(1) (Reply)

Work Out If He Pays Her Or Not Fair Enough / MUSIC DOWNLOAD: Chidinma Features Mum In New Song Titled “MARTHA” / Top 10 Worst Nigerian Hit Songs Of 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.