Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" (10647 Views)

Why Do Christians Pray Aggressively & Shout Louder Amen At The Mention Of Money? / What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? / Please What Does The Bible Mean By "vain Repititions" Matthew 6:7? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by priscaoge(f): 8:13am On Sep 07, 2014
If u know that deep down your heart What You are doing is a sin,You stop,but if otherwise then go ahead. The heart is where every action is rooted and that's Y God gave everybody what we call "Conscience".
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Janetozi(f): 8:13am On Sep 07, 2014
kevoh:

Nothing wrong with this abeg. What the hell is ''World songs'' ? As if all songs and hymns are not of the world in the first place.
a worldly song is a song that doesn't move God or bring down his glory.

A worldly song is that song singer sings for the one they love and not for God.

A worldly song is a song that is not prophetic in nature.

A worldly song is a song that when u are singing it, devil and his agent and demons will be dancing and rejoicing instead of God and his angel releasing blessings.

Few Example of worldly song singers (1) P square songs
2) 2face
3) flavor etc

if u are a christain, i will encourage u to wake up. U are sleeping and not running ur christain race, ur comment tells it all.

2 Likes

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by kevoh(m): 8:35am On Sep 07, 2014
Janetozi: a worldly song is a song that doesn't move God or bring down his glory.

A worldly song is that song singer sings for the one they love and not for God.

So how have songs that have included words that praise, worship and edify the christian God into a genre like fuji worldly?

Janetozi: A worldly song is a song that when u are singing it, devil and his agent and demons will be dancing and rejoicing instead of God and his angel releasing blessings.
Bla Bla Bla. This is just laughable and childish. Sorry I don't believe in stupid things as demons. Seems you have actually seen demons before, abeg were they black or white people?

Janetozi:
if u are a christain, i will encourage u to wake up. U are sleeping and not running ur christain race, ur comment tells it all.
Nope, I ceased being a dumb christian a long time ago and yes I've had my fair share of christian songs.
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by cole265(m): 8:42am On Sep 07, 2014
Goodness or evil, peace or war, love or hate ...they all germinates from the heart of man. The heart is sure responsible for what the mouth says or what the hands does. The heart matters as it is the source of all human actions.
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by streetzdreamz(m): 8:47am On Sep 07, 2014
kennygee: For example. There is this woman close to my house who attends a big charismatic church.

She doesn't perm her hair, carry hair extensions, wear trousers (the typical deeper life look). She is even on low cut. She is a neighbour to a Muslim ( shops are beside each other).

But this woman is diabolical and troublesome. One Sunday, she came back from Church, dropper her bible in her shop and came to jack her neighbour on the neck ( obviously they had issues).

People passing were like " and this woman calls herself a Christian?"

In that case, my dear, no be by appearance but the honest state of your heart in the issues that relate to God.
What is even more important is how God sees you, how God sees the relationship you have with Him.
funny,i bet al tru d sermon she wud av been rehearsing how best to deal with her victim,hence she pounced on her immediately she got home,talk bout hypocrisy @ ts peak!!!yea u ryt nt by appearance alone,n nt by ur personal relationship wit God alone either,t encompasses everything u stand for,ur personal relationship wit God,morals,ur use of words,d frnds u kip,ur mode of dressing,...........everything dats a part of u,*if d righteous b scarcely saved,what den s d fate of d selfrighteous hypocrites*
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by ayzero6487(m): 9:07am On Sep 07, 2014
.....Itz d heart dat marras....which heart?....the blood pumpin heart?......everyfin marras jare....ur deeds,words,thoughts....evryfin.........
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 07, 2014
The worst deceit is self-deceit.It is quite disheartening and preposterous to find acclaimed Christians still using such terms in questionable siituatios.They would rather recourse to cheap excuses,instead of admitting their shortcoming,which is the best thing to do.
We all know that out of the abundance of the heart,the mouth(including our actions and inaction) speaks.One cannot give what he do not posses.The heart of a prostitute is filled with prostitution while the heart of a footballer,say Christiano Ronaldo is replete with ingenuous footballing skills.Hence,the statement is true to the words,but these days lacking in virtue.God help us.
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 9:25am On Sep 07, 2014
Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh. According to the Master, what defileth (defiles) a man is not what goes in but what comes out of him.
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Onyiibazz: 9:46am On Sep 07, 2014
When christians want to justify indecent dressing, they say we're no more in the era of the law i.e old testament but when they want to justify tithing, they will still go back to that old testament! Christianity is a fake religion!
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by EbuGeneral(m): 9:57am On Sep 07, 2014
IT IS YOUR HEART THAT MATTERS is an ego defence mechanism many christians use to justify there sin to keep there body in a balanced state. PSYCHOLOGISTS will understand
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Gigateem(m): 10:04am On Sep 07, 2014
jnrbayano: A true Christian isn't someone that doesn't sin. Show me a christian who doesn't sin and I will run far away from him/her.

A true Christian is someone who sins, but never delights in it. He gets up every time he falls, in fact, he stops at nothing to achieving that.

A true Christian never gives excuses why he sinned. He never fails to admit his wrongs, never justifies them.

A true Christian never remembers the grace of our lord Jesus Christ before he sins. He calls on it after sinning. He never consciously takes God's grace for granted.

A true Christian is hurt on the sight of injustice.....

....etc

In actions you interprete the heart and that I deduced from the verse below.
Matthew 15:11-20. Christians must follow
Jesus's lead and not the other way round.

It's indeed the heart that matters but anybody who uses this line "ITS YOUR HEART THAT MATTERS" to justify a sinful action sins double..

My brother, you're very wrong o. A true christian is Christ like, he doesn't sin, he who is born of God overcomes the world. Don't get it wrong. Anyone who sins, is a sinner! A sinner has no part in the kingdom of God. Please read Romans 6:1-12; Heb 6:4-6.
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by deleo16(m): 10:59am On Sep 07, 2014
Counterfeit grace wish i can upload the video here watch and learn this video explain the op question my apology if i cant upload the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN_4S5meLgk
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by tintingz(m): 11:25am On Sep 07, 2014
Rapmoney: Humans have the innate ability to know what is good and what is bad or evil. There's nothing like 'its the heart that matters'. Whatever you do or say is a product of your heart.
Exactly!

some Christians are hypocrites, they forgot that any action done is the product from the heart/intention.

1 Like

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Boss13: 11:46am On Sep 07, 2014
cbrass: Most times I get confused and amused at the folly by some self acclaimed christians.

1. A guy just finished fornication or masturbating and he will say "ITS YOUR HEART THAT MATTERS"

2. A lady dress so skimpy, infact you can see through her dress, but if you challenge her on this she will say "ITS YOuR HEART THAT MATTERS"

3. Most church choirs have suddenly get tired of singing the original christian hymns hence they convert world songs and beats and sing it in church to the point that fuji music as been branded to Gopsel-Fuji, if you challenge them they will say "ITS YOUR HEART THAT MATTERS"

4. To round it all, a pastor caught in adultery ,when challenged will just say" WE ARE SAVED BY GRACE". That's after reminding you that "ITS YOUR HEART THAT MATTERS".

BUT SERIOUSLY YOU DEY BELIEVE THEM?

1 Like

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Boss13: 11:46am On Sep 07, 2014
tintingz: Exactly!

some Christians are hypocrites, they forgot that any action done is the product from the heart/intention.
not some please all are hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Toks2008(m): 12:05pm On Sep 07, 2014
The truth is that GOD judges us by the intent of iur hearts and not by wat we do.
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Toks2008(m): 12:12pm On Sep 07, 2014
Gigateem:

My brother, you're very wrong o. A true christian is Christ like, he doesn't sin, he who is born of God overcomes the world. Don't get it wrong. Anyone who sins, is a sinner! A sinner has no part in the kingdom of God. Please read Romans 6:1-12; Heb 6:4-6.

Slow down,the fact that we sin does not make you a sinner but he that enjoys sin and deliberarely looks forward to sinning is a slave to sin yet could still be born again.

This matter is complicated and we must not make things hard for ourselves.

When you become born again,sometime some sinful habbits take time to wade off and seing urself do those acts does not make u less a beluever but you only need to perfect ur salvation with the help of the joly spirit.

Hard sermon like urs have made many people end up in hell rgt now because they gave up their salvation due to lingering sins.
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Toks2008(m): 12:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
tintingz: Exactly!

Samuel,6 Verse 7

But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

God does not see things as ee see it but yes we know that a sin is a sin but a man who commits adultery because his wife practically denied him conjugal rgt may not face same condemnation like a man who is hopelessly adulterous.

A man who steals money to take care of a sick relative cant face the same penalty like a man who steals for a living and a man who lied to save a man from been killed innocently can not be said to be a liar.

Complicated but true. God ways are never our ways
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Wahala90: 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
Truly, your heart matters!

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by ihedinobi2: 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
kennygee: For example. There is this woman close to my house who attends a big charismatic church.

She doesn't perm her hair, carry hair extensions, wear trousers (the typical deeper life look). She is even on low cut. She is a neighbour to a Muslim ( shops are beside each other).

But this woman is diabolical and troublesome. One Sunday, she came back from Church, dropper her bible in her shop and came to jack her neighbour on the neck ( obviously they had issues).

People passing were like " and this woman calls herself a Christian?"

In that case, my dear, no be by appearance but the honest state of your heart in the issues that relate to God.
What is even more important is how God sees you, how God sees the relationship you have with Him.
I wonder if you're saying that she's a better Christian if she perms her hair, wears extensions and trousers and fights her neighbor too.

The lesson to learn is that it is possible to pretend to Christianity with your appearance and deny it with your actions. But to think that you can be a Christian in your heart and a sinner in appearance is just terrible spiritual ignorance

1 Like

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by ugoezeik(m): 12:52pm On Sep 07, 2014
pussypounder: My friend na pathological self-servicer, I don catch am with omotola jolade picture before dey shout "Omotola you are too much" after molesting the picture hin go wan dey preach for boys
hahahahahaha guy U rili get me cracking now, c as compound ppls jux tink say Dem jux released me from yabaleft
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by SporaD8: 1:10pm On Sep 07, 2014
Aidy97: NL bringing up controversial christain topics since 2005
And trust Christians to clear the controversies without bitterness.
If it were to be our brother from the PEACE side, by now there would have been call for ban and post to be removed.

1 Like

Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by thunder74(m): 1:19pm On Sep 07, 2014
From the beginning, it was not so. It all started when we started having graduates and jobless people as pastors, who interpret the scriptures with "gns" and use of English but not by the leading of the Holy Spirit. They say if you want to catch monkey, you must behave like monkey. But unfortunately, they remain monkey after catching monkey.

They are mere church men not christians, Christians follow Christ teachings and everything they do to glory God.
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by SkinnyDude(m): 1:52pm On Sep 07, 2014
pussypounder: My friend na pathological self-servicer, I don catch am with omotola jolade picture before dey shout "Omotola you are too much" after molesting the picture hin go wan dey preach for boys
you self na pathological pussyPounder. na the same boat carry two of una.
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 07, 2014
A simple way to explain how clueless they are on what the Christian faith is about. And it's selfish most of the time.
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by MAYOWAAK: 2:36pm On Sep 07, 2014
cramjones: The heart is a 4 chambered organ that pumps blood around the body! The heart does truly matter!

-CramJones

4 CHAMBERS-LEFT AND RIGHT VENTRICLE,LEFT AND RIGHT AURICLE.
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by cbrass(m): 2:59pm On Sep 07, 2014
kevoh:

Nothing wrong with this abeg. What the hell is ''World songs'' ? As if all songs and hymns are not of the world in the first place.

You know what I mean by the term "WORLDLY SONG"
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by cbrass(m): 3:03pm On Sep 07, 2014
thunder74: From the beginning, it was not so. It all started when we started having graduates and jobless people as pastors, who interpret the scriptures with "gns" and use of English but not by the leading of the Holy Spirit. They say if you want to catch monkey, you must behave like monkey. But unfortunately, they remain monkey after catching monkey.

They are mere church men not christians, Christians follow Christ teachings and everything they do to glory God.

You hit the nail right grin
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 07, 2014
ihedinobi2:
I wonder if you're saying that she's a better Christian if she perms her hair, wears extensions and trousers and fights her neighbor too.

The lesson to learn is that it is possible to pretend to Christianity with your appearance and deny it with your actions. But to think that you can be a Christian in your heart and a sinner in appearance is just terrible spiritual ignorance

You are obviously getting me wrong. Obviously, the woman is carried away with doctrines and has thrown away the essence and meaning of Christianity. I am shocked that you interpreted it to mean that her perming her hair, wearing of extensions and trousers makes her a better christian.
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by ihedinobi2: 3:19pm On Sep 07, 2014
kennygee:

You are obviously getting me wrong. Obviously, the woman is carried away with doctrines and has thrown away the essence and meaning of Christianity. I am shocked that you interpreted it to mean that her perming her hair, wearing of extensions and trousers makes her a better christian.
I didn't interpret it like that. I asked if that was what you thought.

I've heard arguments that excuse all manner of things that are not godly merely by pointing to people who appear to be Christians but deny the Name in some event or incident.

What do you mean "carried away by doctrines" anyway? What's wrong with doctrines? Or rather how does that come into this matter?
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Godsknight(m): 3:43pm On Sep 07, 2014
I believe those ppl that say that, their spirits ve not been transformed.. From 1 thessalonians 5: 23 . The spirit comes b4 the soul and body. The spirit is the 1st stage in the order of transformation... If d spirit is transformed, the soul and body wil follow suit..my opinion sha, I stand to be corrected on this
Re: What Do Christians Mean By "Its Your Heart That Matters" by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 07, 2014
ihedinobi2:
I didn't interpret it like that. I asked if that was what you thought.

I've heard arguments that excuse all manner of things that are not godly merely by pointing to people who appear to be Christians but deny the Name in some event or incident.

What do you mean "carried away by doctrines" anyway? What's wrong with doctrines? Or rather how does that come into this matter?

There is a difference between doctrines and Christianity. Nowadays, pple are carried away with the doctrines of their church so much that they make it look like doctrines will take u to heaven. It is the person who is in right standing with God and exhibits the characteristics of Jesus that will make heaven. Not the women leader who looks like a sheep but is indeed a wolf behind closed doors. It is the person Whose hidden works can withstand the Light not the hypocrite that will make heaven.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average / The Word 'Forgiveness' And The Concept Behind It. Whats Your Own Definition?. / " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.