Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,978 members, 7,806,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? (24869 Views)

Solomon Dalung Visits National Stadium Lagos (Photos) / Akwa Ibom Stadium, Nominated As World Stadium Of The Year (Pic) / Nigeria Vs Congo-4pm Today At Calabar Uj Esuene Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by LilPeezy(m): 2:18pm On Sep 07, 2014
As far as warri township stadium is not mention...OP u no sabi better tin
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 07, 2014
Op, wld u hv brought dis up if we won d match?
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by dont8(m): 2:28pm On Sep 07, 2014
We could not even shine Congo at our back yard, too bad.

On a more serious note, NFF Officials cannot tell us they don't know this guys (SE) play on best fields week in week out and all they (NFF) can do is to take them to one of the worst pitches ever known to mankind.
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by chimzyblack(m): 2:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
THE ABUJA NATIONAL STADIUM IS IN TOP SHAPE AS AT NOW. BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN REFURBISHED. I SEE NO REASON WHY A COUNTRY LIKE NIGERIA WILL BE PLAYING ON A PITCH THAT THE GRASS IS ALREADY BROWN
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
The OP is right and many of you are missing the point - international football is more than just a "game". It's not just about winning or getting a result. It's much, much more than that!
When you send out 11 players onto the pitch, it's you saying "of 180,000,000 of us, you guys are the soldiers we have chosen to fly the country's flag and defend our honour".
People across the world are watching and I'm telling you that things like stadium and pitch quality, size of the crowd and how much noise they make count just as much as the game happening on the pitch.
You don't just play international football to say haha eleven of our men were better at kicking a ball into a net than eleven of yours - you project your country's image through it. Many people will form their entire opinion about your country merely by just watching a match.
The saving grace for us yesterday was the fans. We lost in terms of pitch quality, stadium quality, gameplay and scoreline but the Calabar fans did us proud. They behaved themselves impeccably throughout and the majority of them even stayed to the end and never stopped supporting the Super Eagles. They were even jovial and big hearted enough to hail the Congolese team in our customary style when they started tiki taka-ing us off the pitch. Had it been Lagos, fans would have started ripping up seats and throwing bottles and riot police would have got involved.
When the new Uyo Stadium is completed, I hope all you Calabar fans will make the short trip there and continue to support our National Team.

You guys are a credit to Nigeria and we're very proud of you.
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by chimzyblack(m): 2:49pm On Sep 07, 2014
LATEST PIC OF ABUJA NATIONAL STADIUM AFTER REGRASSING

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Dcmg(m): 3:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
How would a mediocre stadium be the most suitable for 9ja match when we have the Abuja,Lagos and soon,Uyo Stadium?
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Atouke: 3:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
smiley
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by ujoinme: 3:20pm On Sep 07, 2014
I personally like the calabar stadium it will remain a fond soccer stadium for Nigeria for years to come because it was once one of the best stadium we had in the country and has served The SE well all this years.
Calabar has a lot going for it: It was the first city where organized football/soccer was played in Nigeria at the Prestigious Hope Waddel Trainning institute which is a few miles from the stadium, and calabar is the undisputed tourism capital of Nigeria, with its serene environment, nice and civilized people and clean environment, calabar is the place to be in Nigeria.

That said, the stadium needs to be revamped/retrofitted. ie its time for a turn around maintenance of Nigerias Hallowed field: The UJ Esuene stadium popularly known as the "Nigerian Slaughter slab".

SE are lucky for they now have alternative Stadiums to play at while the calabar stadium undergoes maintenance. The Abuja stadium, New Akwa ibom Stadium complex and other stadiums around the country that has been upgraded or newly built can serve the SE in the interim.

But there will be no place like the UJ esune stadium at the peoples paradise there is no replacement of calabar stadium!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Mention(m): 3:25pm On Sep 07, 2014
LilPeezy: As far as warri township stadium is not mention...OP u no sabi better tin
We are talking about stadiums, not community fields!
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by LilPeezy(m): 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2014
Mention:
We are talking about stadiums, not community fields!
u must be mad. Who is talking about community field here.....have u been or seen warri stadium b4? Ekpa like u.....u berra mind ur buz nxt time.....
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 07, 2014
Afam4eva: I have said it before that the Calabar stadium does not project our image as a country that well. Our main national team should be playing in a world class stadium. That notwithstanding, i wonder why this issue of stadium always comes up whenever we perform badly in a match. I remember how people condemned the choice of Kano as the venue of our Germany 2006 qualifiers against Angola just because we lost. If we had won convincingly, the choice of Kano would never have come up. People have alkso criticized the choice of the Abuja stadium is the past citing the fact that the fans are too bland and that the city is not fit to host the SE. No matter where it is taken to, people will complain as far we are not doing well. Let's just make sure we play in standard stadiums irrespective of the location.
honestly the first thing i noticed even before looking at the scoreboard ( joined the game in 2nd half) was the poor condition of the pitch. something need to be done
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by onuwaje(m): 4:12pm On Sep 07, 2014
elobyobi:
Enugu has all these
Do they have a good stadium of 30000 capacity??
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by onuwaje(m): 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2014
honeric01:

Of the states/stadiums i listed, which of them do you think don't have what you asked?
if they do av it? Den maybe weather is a stumbling block
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by oluamid(m): 4:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
ideyvexnow: Asking questions like this topic, is what is so wrong with many Nigerians. We like to only remember bad things and easily forget good things.

When the Super Eagles were winning their previous matches in Calabar, why didn't you ask questions like this.

Now that they lost only 1 match out of over 40 matches, you come now to criticize. You didn't even consider the fact that our football house is
not in order and that our coach is out of contract, volunteering to work without pay,and that all this brouhaha can psychologically affect both the coach and the Super eagles.
All you can focus on is criticism. Na wa for you oooo.

For me, failing 1 out of over forty exam questions will still give you 99% which is equivalent to an A score.

This ur excuse no jell at all. Its just like saying: "why should anyone blame me for falling my final degree exams and coming out with third class? Afterall, I passed my Waec and Jamb with flying colours".
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by EbuGeneral(m): 4:33pm On Sep 07, 2014
what happened to ENYIMBA international stadium of ABA?
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Christmasdon(m): 4:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
That uj esuene stadium was too dry.base on what isaw on the screen. Look at Angola stadia. Beariful.
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by MissTeaseMe(f): 4:58pm On Sep 07, 2014
Complexalfa: @op Slow and steady win the race, 50 years ago we don't have it like this.
What is this one saying
We are talking of other options available that we aint using even tho they are far better that the calabar stadium, u are talking of 50years agoangry
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Mention(m): 5:00pm On Sep 07, 2014
LilPeezy: u must be mad. Who is talking about community field here.....have u been or seen warri stadium b4? Ekpa like u.....u berra mind ur buz nxt time.....
For ya crayfish mind, you don make solid point abi
Abeg carry ya keke park one side make I pass with my Bentley!
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by MissTeaseMe(f): 5:04pm On Sep 07, 2014
onuwaje: It's not about the stadium u knw... most tyms u have to consider things like airports,hotels(standard ones) and road network.. also u have to consider security/protocol/safety measures.. u av done well by voicing ur view but these other places u listed do they have
1.Airports?(not airstrip/or runway)
2.Standard hotels for foreign teams?(i mean standard)
3.good road networks( I guess not)
4.security/safety and protocol measures (I leave that. For the house to answer)

I believe calabar can offer most of those I guess

#teamwarristadium cheesy

Cc:evestar dcmdad eyoniggar barackohandsom
Olodo
So lagos, enugu or warri does not have all those things u listed
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Atouke: 5:05pm On Sep 07, 2014
ujoinme: I personally like the calabar stadium it will remain a fond soccer stadium for Nigeria for years to come because it was once one of the best stadium we had in the country and has served The SE well all this years.
Calabar has a lot going for it: It was the first city where organized football/soccer was played in Nigeria at the Prestigious Hope Waddel Trainning institute which is a few miles from the stadium, and calabar is the undisputed tourism capital of Nigeria, with its serene environment, nice and civilized people and clean environment, calabar is the place to be in Nigeria.

That said, the stadium needs to be revamped/retrofitted. ie its time for a turn around maintenance of Nigerias Hallowed field: The UJ Esuene stadium popularly known as the "Nigerian Slaughter slab".

SE are lucky for they now have alternative Stadiums to play at while the calabar stadium undergoes maintenance. The Abuja stadium, New Akwa ibom Stadium complex and other stadiums around the country that has been upgraded or newly built can serve the SE in the interim.

very nice writeup.

But there will be no place like the UJ esune stadium at the peoples paradise there is no replacement of calabar stadium!
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by honeric01(m): 5:25pm On Sep 07, 2014
chimzyblack: LATEST PIC OF ABUJA NATIONAL STADIUM AFTER REGRASSING

Beauty to behold
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by honeric01(m): 5:27pm On Sep 07, 2014
EbuGeneral: what happened to ENYIMBA international stadium of ABA?

That one na stadium?
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by greyskalez(m): 5:34pm On Sep 07, 2014
If they had won yesterday certainly you won't be making this comparism smh4u sha
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by onuwaje(m): 5:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
MissTeaseMe:
Olodo
So lagos, enugu or warri does not have all those things u listed
who b this ebola patient??
are they up to standard
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 07, 2014
onuwaje:
who b this ebola patient??
are they up to standard
so calabar is the only one up to standard...didn't you see the pictures of the listed stadiums.
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by mikel504(m): 7:03pm On Sep 07, 2014
Rilwayne001: cool
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by onuwaje(m): 7:49pm On Sep 07, 2014
centje: so calabar is the only one up to standard...didn't you see the pictures of the listed stadiums.
understand
my post first b4 u comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Is To Leave Manchester United By Mutual Agreement (Photo) / Kanu Nwankwo, His Wife Amara And Their Children In Adorable Family Photo / Arteta Excludes Ozil Totally From The Arsenal Squad, Says "I Failed With Ozil"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.