Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

The Strangest 'church' In Nigeria/africa - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Strangest 'church' In Nigeria/africa (2188 Views)

Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Strangest 'church' In Nigeria/africa by mojeer678: 11:41am On Sep 07, 2014
No, it's not The Synagogue although it qualifies. Neither is it Christ Embassy yet since that too is gradually qualifying due to the unravelling ongoing.

This 'church's location is in Ebute Metta. Lagos Street. For those familiar with Ebute-Metta, this fact is notorious among the residents. You can even spot the building from the 3rd Mainland Bridge or those going to or coming from Adekunle.

For many years, neighbours have scratched their heads at the goings-on in this ‘church’.

There’s no sign board pronouncing the name or denominational affiliation on top, in front or around it.

The members are all male. No female or children.

They always come with the very expensive motor vehicles, and dressed in black, all the time.

Some ‘big’ men of society have been spotted to attend ‘services’. Some are known while some are unknown in this part of the country.

There’s no noticeable songs of worship emanating from the ‘church’ as the windows are always locked tight and big air-conditioners ensure that the building is sound proofed.

The windows are designed in a way that you cannot peek inside. Indeed, you can’t just wander near as the fencing has been done to thwart any attempt of trespass, deliberate or accidental from coming close before the effective perimeter security men challenge you.

That the heightened security, which is definitely contrary to the gospel mandate, gives cause for concern. In a normal church, aren't the doors supposed to be open to the world, not locked and sealed against the world.

If this is a secret society/cult pretending to be a ‘church’, then it is the classic case of hiding right out there in the open.

Curiously, there is a big white cross on top of the unnamed and unidentified edifice. But when has a cross the sole determinant of a Christian church?

The few workmen who have been allowed to carry out some repairs/maintenance swore that most of the building is underground.

Some wild claims have it that the building has gateways to other continents and dimensions. You enter and instantaneously emerge in Brazil, India, Japan and other parts of the globe. This is yet to be confirmed to this reporter grin

People confess of having weird feelings while passing in front or around the ‘church.’ Maybe it’s their imagination or real effects, nobody knows.

In this period of insecurity and ebola, is it not logical that the SSS or Lagos State Government pay closer attention to this ‘church’ for the sake of innocent citizens?

We know that since ‘big’ men are involved, that might just be a wishful thinking in Naija, a country where anything goes.

So, who can enlighten us more on what exactly is this 'church'?

Re: The Strangest 'church' In Nigeria/africa by purplesummer(f): 11:50am On Sep 07, 2014
Isn't freedom of religion guaranteed by the constitution anymore? They are probably a religious sect unless their activities suggest that they are a secret society as defined by the criminal code, in which case there will be need to alert security operatives.
Re: The Strangest 'church' In Nigeria/africa by dopedealer(m): 11:51am On Sep 07, 2014
STC..... grin
Re: The Strangest 'church' In Nigeria/africa by iceberylin(m): 12:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
so
Re: The Strangest 'church' In Nigeria/africa by dosht(f): 12:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
I pray the government do something about it
Re: The Strangest 'church' In Nigeria/africa by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 07, 2014
What is a church ? The word 'church' biblically means The body of Christ , which is a person or group of people that comes together to worship God not a building which cross on up .

1 Like

Re: The Strangest 'church' In Nigeria/africa by mojeer678: 10:59pm On Sep 26, 2014
Elantracey: What is a church ? The word 'church' biblically means The body of Christ , which is a person or group of people that comes together to worship God not a building which cross on up .

Tell that to the sunday-sunday crowd grin

1 Like

Re: The Strangest 'church' In Nigeria/africa by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 26, 2014
mojeer678:

Tell that to the sunday-sunday crowd grin

which you are one right ?
Re: The Strangest 'church' In Nigeria/africa by mojeer678: 1:16am On Sep 29, 2014
Elantracey:

which you are one right ?

as usual, jumping to conclusions, teh eh eh cool
Re: The Strangest 'church' In Nigeria/africa by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 29, 2014
mojeer678:

as usual, jumping to conclusions, teh eh eh cool

who? grin
Re: The Strangest 'church' In Nigeria/africa by Lilimax(f): 1:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
@OP, I'll suggest you disguise yourself one day and enter into the 'church' to see things yourself.
smiley
Re: The Strangest 'church' In Nigeria/africa by mojeer678: 9:58pm On Oct 14, 2014
Lilimax:
@OP, I'll suggest you disguise yourself one day and enter into the 'church' to see things yourself.
smiley

grin

Very imaginative. I'm sure you'll light up as a Christmas tree immediately you are asked for that day's password and you could only mutter some gibberish.

Instead of kicking you out, I'm sure you would be dragged inside and forever vanish!

Some territories are not meant to be trampled upon.

Moreover, that's a mission for those fat-paychecks collecting agents of the SSS. Since I don't belong to those very nice organisations, whose bosses probably are members of the 'church', thus ensuring its presence in a highly populated area of Lagos State all of these years, then you can guess what happens to intruders! wink

1 Like

Re: The Strangest 'church' In Nigeria/africa by PastorOluT(m): 8:26am On Oct 15, 2014
mojeer678:

grin

Very imaginative. I'm sure you'll light up as a Christmas tree immediately you are asked for that day's password and you could only mutter some gibberish.

Instead of kicking you out, I'm sure you would be dragged inside and forever vanish!

Some territories are not meant to be trampled upon.

Moreover, that's a mission for those fat-paychecks collecting agents of the SSS. Since I don't belong to those very nice organisations, whose bosses probably are members of the 'church', thus ensuring its presence in a highly populated area of Lagos State all of these years, then you can guess what happens to intruders! wink

Cant stop laughing!
Re: The Strangest 'church' In Nigeria/africa by mojeer678: 10:02pm On Nov 03, 2014
PastorOluT:

Cant stop laughing!

Maybe I should try and take up your challenge.....

(1) (Reply)

Biblical Proofs That Ancient Israelites Were Black Including Jesus,moses,paul Et / 'suicidal' Nickelodeon Star Kel Mitchell Finds 'peace' After Turning To Christ. / SHOCKING VIDEO: Google Home Assistant Refuses To Define Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.