Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,383 members, 7,781,090 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:43 AM

Ohanaeze Gives APC 48 Hours To Apologise To Ihejirika - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Gives APC 48 Hours To Apologise To Ihejirika (1026 Views)

Akpabio Refuses To Apologise To Goje In The Senate Over Comment / Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos / Breaking! Ohanaeze Gives Apc 48 Hours To Apologise To Ihejirika (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohanaeze Gives APC 48 Hours To Apologise To Ihejirika by Henrycruch: 7:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
The Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Wing on Sunday threatened to label the All Progressives Congress an ‘anti-Igbo political party’  if it fails to apologise to former Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika, within 48 hours.

The threat, which the Ohanaeze Youth Wing issued in a statement jointly signed by its National Secretary, Emmanuel Nnabuike, and Publicity Secretary, Obinna Adibe, followed the APC’s demand for Iherjika’s prosecution over alleged sponsorship of the Boko Haram sect.

The APC demanded Ihejirika’s prosecution in the wake of claims made by Australian negotiator, Mr. Stephen Davies.

In the statement titled, ‘Ongoing Attempts To Brand Gen. Ihejirika a Boko Haram Sponsor’, the Ohanaeze youths described the negotiator’s claims as “spurious”.

The group expressed regrets that the APC did not bother to ascertain the veracity of his allegations before calling for Ihejirika’s prosecution.

Ohanaeze youths noted that Ihejirika deserved an apology from the APC since the Department of State Security has now absolved him of any involvement with Boko Haram.

It said, “It is on record that the same people trying to frame up Gen. Ihejirika are the same people who claimed they would make Nigeria ungovernable for President Jonathan, in the aftermath of the 2011 presidential election.

“We view the call for Ihejirika’s trial by the APC through its spokesman, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, without bothering to confirm the authenticity of the statement, as malicious and premeditated.

“Now that the Director of State Security has officially absolved Ihejirika of any complicity in the matter, we ask the APC to issue an apology to Gen. Ihejirika and Ndigbo within 48 hours.

“If they fail to do so, the APC shall be formally labeled an anti-Igbo party and other sanctions shall follow.”

Continuing, the group described Davies as a “fraudulent character and mercenary”.

It said, “Security is too weighty a matter to be politicised. Therefore it is unpatriotic for political leaders to embark on character assassination based on unsubstantiated and misguided rumours.

“Dr Stephen Davies has shown himself to be a fraudulent character and a mercenary, whose stock in trade is the distortion of information in order to cause chaos, thereby creating more business for him.”

Ohanaeze youth wing added that Davies employed “cheap propaganda tactics” by naming Ihejirika alongside former Borno State Governor, Ali Modu Sheriff, who has been consistently linked with the emergence and sponsorship of Boko Haram as the sect’s sponsor in order to lend credence to his claims in the eyes of “gullible members of the public”.

The group noted that Davies did not provide any evidence or motivation for Ihejirika, a Christian and an Igbo from the South East, to sponsor Boko Haram.

Further casting doubt on his claims, the group noted that his allegation that the Central Bank of Nigeria official who handled the funding of Boko Haram was an uncle to three of the Nyanya bombing suspects was equally disproved by the DSS.

“It is uncharitable for Nigerians to reward someone who laid down his life in defence of his country by associating him with the sponsorship of the sect,” it said.

Sources :THE PUNCH NEWSPAPER

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Gives APC 48 Hours To Apologise To Ihejirika by Henrycruch: 7:35pm On Sep 07, 2014
I personally don't see wat ihejirika will gain in sponsoring the group,

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Gives APC 48 Hours To Apologise To Ihejirika by redcliff: 7:38pm On Sep 07, 2014
Otherwise what would happen? Is that the worst they can do? All these tribal groups know how to threaten with very empty barrels..smh

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Gives APC 48 Hours To Apologise To Ihejirika by Ayed44: 7:38pm On Sep 07, 2014
Re: Ohanaeze Gives APC 48 Hours To Apologise To Ihejirika by eph12(m): 7:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
or what?

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Gives APC 48 Hours To Apologise To Ihejirika by MayorofLagos(m): 8:16pm On Sep 07, 2014
grin grin grin

...dem don come again!
The tribe of "ineffective" ultimatums and threats.

Where is Gwoza sef
cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Gives APC 48 Hours To Apologise To Ihejirika by MayorofLagos(m): 8:21pm On Sep 07, 2014
It is uncharitable for Nigerians to reward someone who laid down his life in defence of his country by associating him with the sponsorship of the sect,” it said.

Since when did Ihejirika ever lay his life in defence of Nigeria?

grin grin grin Ohaneze Youth Squad must be high on controlled substance.

8 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Gives APC 48 Hours To Apologise To Ihejirika by skyfall: 10:22pm On Sep 07, 2014
And yet another ultimatoom.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Gives APC 48 Hours To Apologise To Ihejirika by brownlord: 10:26pm On Sep 07, 2014
Jobless mofos

note: the person below me is sick
Re: Ohanaeze Gives APC 48 Hours To Apologise To Ihejirika by koboko66: 10:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
undecided undecided when we have someone like Ogar, an unprofessional mofo, in a sensitive organisation like DSS, what do we expect?? Asides from.dividinf this country along tribal lines, Jonathan have infected every arm of the Government with cluelessness. I really feel sorry for the guy when he vacates office.
Re: Ohanaeze Gives APC 48 Hours To Apologise To Ihejirika by rosebowl01(m): 10:50pm On Sep 07, 2014
“Now that the Director of State Security has officially absolved Ihejirika of any complicity in the matter, we ask the APC to issue an apology to Gen. Ihejirika and Ndigbo within 48 hours.

“If they fail to do so, the APC shall be formally labeled an anti-Igbo party and other sanctions shall follow.”[i][/i]
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

So the consequence of non-compliance is to be labelled "anti-Igbo"? I thought every non-ibo person was already "anti-igbo"? Can a person or entity receive multiple anti-ibo label?

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Gives APC 48 Hours To Apologise To Ihejirika by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:35pm On Sep 07, 2014
I pity Rochas Okorocha.
Re: Ohanaeze Gives APC 48 Hours To Apologise To Ihejirika by hardywaltz(m): 1:32am On Sep 08, 2014
Or what will happen?
They will trek from Onitsha to Sambisa?
My brodas abeg make una go sleep and leave Ihejirika to defend himself. (Duh I don't believe the story of his involvement).
Re: Ohanaeze Gives APC 48 Hours To Apologise To Ihejirika by MeAboki(m): 7:16am On Sep 08, 2014
Henrycruch: I personally don't see wat ihejirika will gain in sponsoring the group,

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY - isn't that be obvious.
Re: Ohanaeze Gives APC 48 Hours To Apologise To Ihejirika by KwoiZabo(m): 7:39am On Sep 08, 2014
I am beginning to see clearly the Handwriting on the wall. All the while shetima was in APC, they were silent about his alleged sponsorship. Now that he left their party they now cooked up these alegation against him and Ihejirika thriugh the so called Mr. Davies. As soon as the negotiator was interviewed (Arise News), Elrufai was also interviewed the same say day. Something is Fishy.
Re: Ohanaeze Gives APC 48 Hours To Apologise To Ihejirika by MayorofLagos(m): 2:42am On Sep 10, 2014
rosebowl01: “Now that the Director of State Security has officially absolved Ihejirika of any complicity in the matter, we ask the APC to issue an apology to Gen. Ihejirika and Ndigbo within 48 hours.

“If they fail to do so, the APC shall be formally labeled an anti-Igbo party and other sanctions shall follow.”[i][/i]
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

So the consequence of non-compliance is to be labelled "anti-Igbo"? I thought every non-ibo person was already "anti-igbo"? Can a person or entity receive multiple anti-ibo label?

grin

you sir, are a first degree anti-ibo.

APC is on the 6th degree tier of anti-iboism.

kikikikikikikikikikikikikikiki grin grin grin grin grin

Yoruba people are on their 360th degree level, and still accumulating.

Kakakakakakakakaka grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ohanaeze Gives APC 48 Hours To Apologise To Ihejirika by MayorofLagos(m): 2:44am On Sep 10, 2014
When is the ultimatum expiring? cheesy cheesy
Re: Ohanaeze Gives APC 48 Hours To Apologise To Ihejirika by Nobody: 2:48am On Sep 10, 2014
won tun tun de ooo. awon Ultimate WARRIOR.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Gives APC 48 Hours To Apologise To Ihejirika by edo3(m): 3:48am On Sep 10, 2014
Even thou APC apologised,,it doesn't make any difference to them cos they'v already tagged d party. Ibos issuing threat since 1759..

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Gives APC 48 Hours To Apologise To Ihejirika by MayorofLagos(m): 12:20am On Sep 14, 2014
When is this doggone ultimatum going to expire?

(1) (Reply)

Air Force Rules Out Sabotage Over Missing Jet (pix) / CHAIRMAN Of PDP Board Of Trustees, Chief Tony Anenih Is The Tactician In Chief / 12 Mi-35 Attack Helicopters To Be Acquired From Belarus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.