Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes (47680 Views)

16 Bizarre Things Your Body Does While You Sleep / Five Common Nigerian Home Remedies And Their Uses / 20 Bizarre Ways To Burn Calories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 09, 2014
11: Remove scratches on DVDs and CDs. This remedy has been used with mixed success rates, but it seems to work fairly well on shallow scratches and smudges. Apply a thin coating of toothpaste to the disc and rub gently, then rinse clean.

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 3:57pm On Sep 09, 2014
ndidibabe: The iron must be hot for you to do this. Just put some paste on a soft towel and wipe it off. It works !

Alright, thanks for the hints.
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 3:59pm On Sep 09, 2014
chrisviral:

Can you recommend dosage...
Is every night okay for the next two weeks?

I can't. Am an Engineer, not a Chemist.
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
Toothpaste can do anything, it can clean Nigeria too.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 09, 2014
what the Bleep u mean? undecided undecided clean Nigeria kwa how?

ikp4succes: Toothpaste can do anything, it can clean Nigeria too.. undecided
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by haryomikun(m): 4:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
yuzjet: 6. Removing Pimples and Blemishes:
As surprising as this may sound, it is very effective against acne and other skin irritations. We have all looked for simple home remedies for acne but have always overlooked toothpaste as an option but in reality, it is probably one of the fastest ways to get rid of pimples. Just a small amount of it on the area could remove the blemish within a few hours. Just follow the link and you will be left without pimples for sure. Best method of application is to use it overnight. Apply the paste to the pimple before sleeping and wash it off in the morning. The toothpaste dries and removes all the impurities remaining in the skin.
ΩƠ̴̴̴͡ω I know J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇τ̣̣̥ the average Nigerian suffers from pimples!

This was the most liked comment

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
yuzjet:

Which is why u see many of those ancient old men/women tooth are decay.
& they live long& strong
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 4:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
haryomikun:
ΩƠ̴̴̴͡ω I know J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇τ̣̣̥ the average Nigerian suffers from pimples!

This was the most liked comment

U're very observant. Will check through.
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 4:17pm On Sep 09, 2014
Adikam: & they live long& strong

Maybe. But adults of this days too dey live long nah.
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by defendedvictim(m): 4:21pm On Sep 09, 2014
temigracie: ....lol...I wash my lips together with my teeth whenever i brush...

I believe it ll make it look pink and soft....lol...
realli, I saw my cousin doing it n I wz wondering y. #ladies sha
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
olaxco2f: what the Bleep u mean? undecided undecided clean Nigeria kwa how?

From Corruption grin grin grin
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by OnyiDoris: 4:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
Thnks plenty
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by Swaggzkid: 4:38pm On Sep 09, 2014
yuzjet: 1. Removing Shower Slime:
If you have a built in shower with glass doors, you will notice that the glass gets very slimy and dull after constant use. This can be dangerous for people climbing in and out of the shower. Simply cleaning it with a cloth will not work because it needs a chemical to release it from the glass. By taking a lightly damp sponge and a good squeeze of toothpaste, wipe away the slime which will leave the glass door clean and perfectly clear. If there slime and soap stains are a bit too much,let the toothpaste sit on the door for a while before wiping clean.

Amazing..... Isn't it?
yeah av done this one before.. But it takes time before u scrub out the soap stains.
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by bamite(m): 4:57pm On Sep 09, 2014
i usually brush my mouth thoroughly after smoking but girls stil get to know i smoked cigarettes after kissing...
y?
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by Padipadi(m): 5:05pm On Sep 09, 2014
yuzjet:

Your number 2 point is damn hilarious! grin. I Wouldn't ever try it though.
Try it, its just like eating bread with jam
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by lolaxavier(m): 5:05pm On Sep 09, 2014
mzlizabelle:

Naso the pimples chop your face reach? tongue

Hahahahaha, funny you. On a serious note, check ma pix, pimples no chop my face ooo.
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 5:08pm On Sep 09, 2014
Padipadi:
Try it, its just like eating bread with jam

Jam or wetin?
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by Raypawer(m): 5:20pm On Sep 09, 2014
cleaning burnt iron..

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by tochman(m): 5:28pm On Sep 09, 2014
Toothpaste can serve as sugar. When i was quite young, i almost used toothpaste to soak garri. Thank God i was caught. Lol grin
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by singlefade25(f): 5:43pm On Sep 09, 2014
As surprising as this may sound, it is very effective against acne and other skin irritations. We have all looked for simple home remedies for acne but have always overlooked toothpaste as an option but in reality, it is probably one of the fastest ways to get rid of pimples. Just a small amount of it on the area could remove the blemish within a few hours. Just follow the link and you will be left without pimples for sure. Best method of application is to use it overnight. Apply the paste to the pimple before sleeping and wash it off in the morning. The toothpaste dries and removes all the impurities remaining in the skin.
OP, are u sure of this, make I go try ham o
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
yuzjet:

What's end time got to do with this?
i wonder o!
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by abdul4me(m): 6:25pm On Sep 09, 2014
I knew tooth paste as a good agent for cleaning burnt pressing iron, even a piano and any silver surface that is turning brown color.
If pressing Iron burn your cloth, needless to start scratching the heating plate, just spill tooth paste on it while very hot, it will form bubble and don't let it to dry off before doing the cleaning. Just use it like that to rub on a clean rag or hand kachive. You will return the hot plate of your iron to normal

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by Sike(m): 6:41pm On Sep 09, 2014
Hmmmm! Noted

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by Bebetter: 6:45pm On Sep 09, 2014
[size=24pt]Cleaning fogged out headlights! [/size]

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 6:45pm On Sep 09, 2014
tochman: Toothpaste can serve as sugar. When i was quite young, i almost used toothpaste to soak garri. Thank God i was caught. Lol grin

ℓ☺ℓ
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by AdeniyiA(m): 7:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
temigracie: ....lol...I wash my lips together with my teeth whenever i brush...

I believe it ll make it look pink and soft....lol...
...nd kissable...tongue cool
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by Padipadi(m): 7:43pm On Sep 09, 2014
yuzjet:

Jam or wetin?
Yes.
Bread jam!
Especially strawberry flavour. It look like a red toothpaste.
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by Rhea(f): 8:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
Story! A trial will convince you grin grin grin
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 8:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
Padipadi: Yes.
Bread jam!
Especially strawberry flavour. It look like a red toothpaste.

Ok then. Will check it out!
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by StepG: 8:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
yuzjet: 7. Defogging Sports Eyewear:
Have you ever noticed that after constant use of sunglasses, helmets or any form of eye wear that the lens can get a little bit dirty and foggy? Although many people insist that water alone will get all that out, it is not the truth. Toothpaste actually cleans out all the dirt caught in the glasses because its slight abrasive texture ensures that dirt in tiny spots is removed for clear visibility. All you need to do is take a dab of toothpaste and wipe the lens with it for a couple of minutes using a soft cloth. Rinse and wipe after cleaning and the result will be a clean, clear and smooth pair of sunglasses.
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by StepG: 8:16pm On Sep 09, 2014
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by Infoay: 8:44pm On Sep 09, 2014
This is very educating. Thanks all!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? / Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours / Slayqueen Creates A Scene While Trying To Receive An Injection (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.