Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Help!!! My Avast Antivirus Is Giving Me Problems. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help!!! My Avast Antivirus Is Giving Me Problems. (874 Views)

How Can I Use My Avast Antivirus Software For Life? / How To Delete Virus By Using Avast Antivirus / How Do I Uninstall Avast Antivirus? Its Proving Difficult. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! My Avast Antivirus Is Giving Me Problems. by sleeknick: 10:42pm On Sep 07, 2014
I installed avast antivirus on my laptop and ever since it has been giving me a whole lot of problem. I don't even know if the antivirus is the virus itself. This has been very frustrating. These are the problems;
1) It removes the executables of most of my softwares thereby making it useleSs
2) It detects almost everything as a virus
3) When it notifies me about a particular threat, I click on a particular action but that threat notification keeps on reoccurring a million times
4) It has eaten up most of my system files
5) It corrupts my installed software one by one making me to install them all over again.

Please in the name of God or any other deity u serve I need somebody to to tell me how do I resolve these issues.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Help!!! My Avast Antivirus Is Giving Me Problems. by Cakamnonu(m): 10:58pm On Sep 07, 2014
Uninstall the avast and go for better antivirus softwares like: norton,eset,bit defender. Had the same problem with my avast it messed up my keyboard controls.
Re: Help!!! My Avast Antivirus Is Giving Me Problems. by femi4: 10:59pm On Sep 07, 2014
sleeknick: I installed avast antivirus on my laptop and ever since it has been giving me a whole lot of problem. I don't even know if the antivirus is the virus itself. This has been very frustrating. These are the problems;
1) It removes the executables of most of my softwares thereby making it useleSs
2) It detects almost everything as a virus
3) When it notifies me about a particular threat, I click on a particular action but that threat notification keeps on reoccurring a million times
4) It has eaten up most of my system files
5) It corrupts my installed software one by one making me to install them all over again.

Please in the name of God or any other deity u serve I need somebody to to tell me how do I resolve these issues.

Thanks in anticipation.
1. Stop using cracked software

2. Download latest avast from http://avast.com and perform definition updates from time to time
Re: Help!!! My Avast Antivirus Is Giving Me Problems. by sleeknick: 11:10pm On Sep 07, 2014
femi4: 1. Stop using cracked software

2. Download latest avast from http://avast.com and perform definition updates from time to time

I did all that sir and fyi its not a cracked version
Re: Help!!! My Avast Antivirus Is Giving Me Problems. by femi4: 11:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
sleeknick:

I did all that sir and fyi its not a cracked version
You did not, Fyi...I ve been using avast for the past 10yrs.

Also, perform boot time scan and restore all settings to default
Re: Help!!! My Avast Antivirus Is Giving Me Problems. by Tolzeal(m): 7:40am On Sep 08, 2014
Cakamnonu: Uninstall the avast and go for better antivirus softwares like: norton,eset,bit defender. Had the same problem with my avast it messed up my keyboard controls.

Getting norton will make case worth....
stick to Ur avast Bro, go exxlude some some folders.
Re: Help!!! My Avast Antivirus Is Giving Me Problems. by Tolzeal(m): 7:43am On Sep 08, 2014
femi4: 1. Stop using cracked software

why On earth would someone stop using cracked apps.....
Re: Help!!! My Avast Antivirus Is Giving Me Problems. by femi4: 8:20am On Sep 08, 2014
Tolzeal:

why On earth would someone stop using cracked apps.....
So many reasons
1. They are prone to virus attack

2. Its somebody's sweat that is being shared illegally

3. They are gatway to inviting spywares and viruses to your system
Re: Help!!! My Avast Antivirus Is Giving Me Problems. by Tolzeal(m): 8:37am On Sep 08, 2014
femi4: So many reasons
1. They are prone to virus attack

2. Its somebody's sweat that is being shared illegally

3. They are gatway to inviting spywares and viruses to your system

lol... you seem to talk like a saint on ur second opinion. But Can u imagine yourself without this Cracked softwares, u will be spending twice/ thrice the money Used in getting the PC.

I wont say no to anybody trying to get a cracked apps, u only to make preventive measures, updating the virus base now and then and installing some anti-malware @pps like malwarebytes.

If u have the Apps and base up to date u gonna Be frer from been enslaved or whatever Attact u might wanna ever thing of.

@op the only thing u can do is exclude ur trivial trusted files from scanning.
Re: Help!!! My Avast Antivirus Is Giving Me Problems. by femi4: 9:55am On Sep 08, 2014
Tolzeal:

lol... you seem to talk like a saint on ur second opinion. But Can u imagine yourself without this Cracked softwares, u will be spending twice/ thrice the money Used in getting the PC.

I wont say no to anybody trying to get a cracked apps, u only to make preventive measures, updating the virus base now and then and installing some anti-malware @pps like malwarebytes.

If u have the Apps and base up to date u gonna Be frer from been enslaved or whatever Attact u might wanna ever thing of.

@op the only thing u can do is exclude ur trivial trusted files from scanning.
And how many people make such preventive measures.

Not every1 is tech savvy. I ve seen people fried their hdd all in an attempt to use paid versions when the free versions of such software can serve them.
Re: Help!!! My Avast Antivirus Is Giving Me Problems. by Tolzeal(m): 10:06am On Sep 08, 2014
femi4: And how many people make such preventive measures.

Not every1 is tech savvy. I ve seen people fried their hdd all in an attempt to use paid versions when the free versions of such software can serve them.

Well that for them. As u said not everyone is a tech savvy. that why u have people around u to help. If u end crashing ur Pc (1 outta 1000) u should be ready to make up for it.
Re: Help!!! My Avast Antivirus Is Giving Me Problems. by femi4: 10:15am On Sep 08, 2014
Tolzeal:

Well that for them. As u said not everyone is a tech savvy. that why u have people around u to help. If u end crashing ur Pc (1 outta 1000) u should be ready to make up for it.
1/1000, I think you need to deal with pple more. In 2014, I saw avast v5 on someone's laptop with last update performed in 2008. Yet, they ll keep asking you to teach them on how to download torrent files

(1) (Reply)

I Need Information On Grid Computing Pls / HP Pavilion G6z – 2200 For Sale / How To Install Sim Card On Your Pc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.