Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,443 members, 7,801,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo (19752 Views)

Debate: Messi V Raul - Who Is The Bigger Champions League Legend? / Messi V Ronaldo / Didier Drogba And Christiano Ronaldo Hot Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by naturalwaves: 5:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
RayMcBlue: Loyalty

Cristiano Ronaldo:
Ronaldo has jumped ship for better opportunities. Twice. The only person he's loyal to is named Cristiano Ronaldo.

Lionel Messi:
Messi has had only one club.

Winner: Messi
Easiest one so far.

5-8
You know you so funny. You stylishly turned what was a plus to C.Ronaldo into a negative thing. When it comes into club football, there is nothing like loyalty and that is why contracts are usually signed with certain conditions and if the conditions are met, the player could either leave or decide to stay further if the club wants him to. Players make their decisions based on several reasons. Ronaldo's mum had always wanted him to play at Madrid even when he was a kid.Moreover, Ronaldo is an explorer, he likes challenges and has proved his worth severally at different clubs while your Messi is afraid of the unknown and just wanna stay in his comfort zone all the time. Ronaldo wins!

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Lily4star(f): 5:14pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ichel:
Why should've CR7 played for brazil? Imagine if messi played for Spain, Germany or Brazil too.
Dont end a good writeup with a shit line. THANKS

Stop misunderstanding me, you can't ccompare a team like Argentina to an average team like Portugal always relying on their star man to win matches, take a look at Messi, he plays for Argentina or sidelined with injury they ll still do exceptionally well cos of the chain of world class players in the team.

George Opong Weah succeeded at club level but was never able to bring that to the mediocre Liberian team no matter how hard he tried, now imagine if he was from Nigeria or Cameroun ponder what he would ve achieved at the National level, so stop misunderstanding me cos I know what I said, besides CR7 has Brazil traits.

Get the message.

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by naturalwaves: 5:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
RayMcBlue: Technique

Cristiano Ronaldo:
Cristiano has magnificent tecnhique for a player over 1.85 meters. He loves flicks and tricks and can do basically anything on the book when the ball is on his fee

Messi
Messi just might be the top technician in the world...with everything except his right foot. Other than that, he can control the ball in every situation with every single part of his body.

Winner: Messi
Even with his "one-footedness," Lionel wins this battle because his technique is a little better than Cristiano's.

0-2

How sir? How does this go to Messi? Messi prefers ro do the chip thing one on one when the keeper is out, Ronaldo prefers to round the keeper before putting the ball in the net. From the sides, Messi prefers to curl the ball, ronaldo prefers to use a rocket on the near post. Moreover, Ronaldo's methods of hitting the ball with the in-step particularly during free kicks is unrivalled and that is why some balls pass just above the keeper's head sometimes and yet unstoppable. For every technique Messi has, Ronaldo has it or a substitute. There is no technique Messi as shown that Ronaldo can't match but there are lots of techniques Ronaldo does that beats Messi talking about in-out, ou-in leg overs, passing of the ball with his back and so on.If at all, this is balanced even though Ronaldo seems better, the best you can do for Messi is to leave it balanced. He is not better than Ronaldo with respect to techniques.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Ichel: 5:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
Lily4star:

Stop misunderstanding me, you can't ccompare a team like Argentina to an average team like Portugal always relying on their star man to win matches, take a look at Messi, he plays for Argentina or sidelined with injury they ll still do exceptionally well cos of the chain of world class players in the team.

George Opong Weah succeeded at club level but was never able to bring that to the mediocre Liberian team no matter how hard he tried, now imagine if he was from Nigeria or Cameroun ponder what he would ve achieved at the National level, so stop misunderstanding me cos I know what I said, besides CR7 has Brazil traits.

Get the message.

Thanks
Enlighten me more on the bold. What are the traits
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Lily4star(f): 6:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ichel:

His family tree extends to Brazil

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Lily4star(f): 6:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
naturalwaves:

How sir? How does this go to Messi? Messi prefers ro do the chip thing one on one when the keeper is out, Ronaldo prefers to round the keeper before putting the ball in the net. From the sides, Messi prefers to curl the ball, ronaldo prefers to use a rocket on the near post. Moreover, Ronaldo's methods of hitting the ball with the in-step particularly during free kicks is unrivalled and that is why some balls pass just above the keeper's head sometimes and yet unstoppable. For every technique Messi has, Ronaldo has it or a substitute. There is no technique Messi as shown that Ronaldo can't match but there are lots of techniques Ronaldo does that beats Messi talking about in-out, ou-in leg overs, passing of the ball with his back and so on.If at all, this is balanced even though Ronaldo seems better, the best you can do for Messi is to leave it balanced. He is not better than Ronaldo with respect to techniques.

Sooooo on Point, I love this annalyses

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Lily4star(f): 6:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ichel:

And please teach me how to do the bolded thing. Thanks
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by brainyack(m): 6:41pm On Sep 10, 2014
Oga boss no xavi and iniesta no messi............ who objects? ;DOga boss no xavi and iniesta no messi............ who objects?

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Ichel: 6:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
Lily4star:

His family tree extends to Brazil
Who in his family is from brazil

Lily4star:
And please teach me how to do the bolded thing. Thanks

Just write your comment in between this sign [b][/b]
VOILÀ!
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by kendrick93(m): 6:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
naturalwaves:

Okay sir, Let's see......

Well, the dribbling thing is a bit technical. Because Messi is closer to the ground, gravity works better for him and so can maneuver better in close compact dribbles while Ronaldo is better in open dribbles. Well, Messi wins in this.

Sir, the argument is basically about performance and not attitude but I will still look at this point.Ronaldo has got more yellow cards than Messi too and you know why? Messi hardly attempts to intercept passes or defend. Whenever the ball isn't with him, he just walks or strolls on the pitch while waiting for his team mates to get the ball and give it back to him. So, Ronaldo is better defensively but because, he isn't a professional at that, makes a lot of mistakes with his timing and there is no how you will defend without being carded.So, defensively,...... Ronaldo wins.

Well, in recent times, yes! Overtime, No! I feel this is still balanced.The number of dead balls Ronaldo has converted be it penalties or freekicks is still higher than that of Messi but Messi has had a better conversion rate in recent times and that is why I am leaving this balanced.

Judging by the counter points evaluation, I still give it to Ronaldo. The edge he has is a very very minute one though.
ronaldo hasn't been a dribbler for years since he left man u. also u are wrong,ronaldo doesn't track back. ryt nw ronaldo might be d beta playa but overall messi beats him
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Lily4star(f): 6:58pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ichel:
Who in his family is from brazil

Just write your comment in between this sign [b][/b]
VOILÀ!

And how do I get the sign when I wanna make a bolded post?, I be JJC for NL oo no vex for the many many questions.

Concerning CR7, do your research
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by habiolah(m): 7:17pm On Sep 10, 2014
Messi over Ronaldo anyday. Ronaldo is good, Messi is better
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Ichel: 7:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
Lily4star:

And how do I get the sign when I wanna make a bolded post?, I be JJC for NL oo no vex for the many many questions.

Concerning CR7, do your research
Once you click the reply button, after the NL rules, there is a 'B' sign above the comment box, click on it and it will appear.
On CR7, there is no proof to back up the claim that he is from Brazil
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Lily4star(f): 7:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ichel:
Once you click the reply button, after the NL rules, there is a 'B' sign above the comment box, click on it and it will appear.
On CR7, there is no proof to back up the claim that he is from Brazil

Ok thanks, do your research, google is your friend
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by naturalwaves: 8:23pm On Sep 10, 2014
kendrick93: ronaldo hasn't been a dribbler for years since he left man u. also u are wrong,ronaldo doesn't track back. ryt nw ronaldo might be d beta playa but overall messi beats him
Okay o. What is the "overall" you referring to?
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by kendrick93(m): 10:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
naturalwaves:
Okay o. What is the "overall" you referring to?
what i mean is when both of retire,messi will be regarded or rated more of a football legend dan ronaldo.. nt saying ronaldo isn't but messi will be rated more
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by mubarakopeyemi(m): 1:46am On Sep 11, 2014
Chai smiley I really missed oh! Why was I so long asleep? Thumbs up to that guy who did that analysis. He did it even better cheesy
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Iamzuna(m): 6:43am On Sep 11, 2014
All dese analysis na jege jare. If mesef analyze both players based on potentials and ability, then Ronaldo would win by a wide margin but then your ability and potentials cannot make you a better player (ask Totti, Rooney, Cassano) but there is what we call Statistics (sic) and the Stats speaks 4 each player. Now concerning Ronaldo and Messi, if i should be biased then i would say they are equal but the truth is Messi is way ahead of Ronaldo. It was only Ronaldo's last season at United and last season that he was on equal level with injured Messi. And please any1 callin Portugal an average team knows little or notin about football.
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by brainyack(m): 12:17pm On Sep 11, 2014
naturalwaves: They are both excellent but Ronaldo still edges out Messi slightly.

1)Messi has a better acceleration but Ronaldo has a better velocity........Balanced

2) Aerial ability: Ronaldo beats Messi hands down in this regard......Ronaldo wins

3) Shot power: Ronaldo has a better shot power than Messi. He has been known to score several screamers from distance..........Ronaldo wins

4) Accuracy in front of goal: Messi seems to be more accurate in front of goal.........Messi wins.

5) Ball control: They are both masters of this......Balanced.

6)Team play:Messi is better than Ronaldo in this regard...........Messi wins.

7) Foot dexterity: Messi is one legged, Ronaldo can fire canons from both feet.

cool No of goals: Messi has a higher number of goals than Ronaldo in La Liga based on the number of games he has played but Ronaldo has a better goal ratio.If he plays same game as Messi going at this rate, he will exceed Messi's goals.

I give it to Christiano Ronaldo.
nice1. But come to think of it I don't know if It's becos I don't watch la liga o But I have never see messi head a ball.........and scoring many goals doesn't mean you are a great player. who know half of his career goals may have been from assists and pks Cos messi isn't a football labourer like bale :-D and someone was saying ronaldo is proud It's like u haven't met zlatan

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
CHRISTIANO RONALDO

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Iamzuna(m): 6:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
brainyack: nice1. But come to think of it I don't know if It's becos I don't watch la liga o But I have never see messi head a ball.........and scoring many goals doesn't mean you are a great player. who know half of his career goals may have been from assists and pks Cos messi isn't a football labourer like bale :-D and someone was saying ronaldo is proud It's like u haven't met zlatan

Well you already rightly said that you don't watch la liga so i believe you dont understand what your saying. Messi has more assists than Bale and Ronaldo put together..

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by naturalwaves: 8:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
brainyack: nice1. But come to think of it I don't know if It's becos I don't watch la liga o But I have never see messi head a ball.........and scoring many goals doesn't mean you are a great player. who know half of his career goals may have been from assists and pks Cos messi isn't a football labourer like bale :-D and someone was saying ronaldo is proud It's like u haven't met zlatan
Lol. Micheal Ballack is another pround guy. You can't even touch his head. D guy go para gan.
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by naturalwaves: 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
Iamzuna: All dese analysis na jege jare. If mesef analyze both players based on potentials and ability, then Ronaldo would win by a wide margin but then your ability and potentials cannot make you a better player (ask Totti, Rooney, Cassano) but there is what we call Statistics (sic) and the Stats speaks 4 each player. Now concerning Ronaldo and Messi, if i should be biased then i would say they are equal but the truth is Messi is way ahead of Ronaldo. It was only Ronaldo's last season at United and last season that he was on equal level with injured Messi. And please any1 callin Portugal an average team knows little or notin about football.
Which statistics are you referring to? Messi has spent almost twice the time Ronaldo has spent in La Liga and Ronaldo is almost catching up. If he (Ronaldo) should spend the same time, he will take Messi's numerous goals to the bins.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Iamzuna(m): 9:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
naturalwaves:
Which statistics are you referring to? Messi has spent almost twice the time Ronaldo has spent in La Liga and Ronaldo is almost catching up. If he (Ronaldo) should spend the same time, he will take Messi's numerous goals to the bins.

Lol.... You are so wrong... Need i remind you that Messi started from the youth team in Barca and graduated to first team. He also had competition from the likes of Eto, Henry, Larsson, Dinho, Guily, Gio Dos Santos (when he was still playing his best football) then and he was most of the time injured. Now if you want to know what i mean, count their goals from when Ronaldo joined Madrid and use that to compare. Ronaldo was in Man United for about 3 Years before he started scoring lots and lots of goals in a season. So if you would want to compare both players based on games then you will have to start from when Ronaldo was in Lisbon (also not forgetting that Ronaldo is older then Messi and must have started his senior career before Messi). But if you want to compare the goals based on games Ronaldo has played in Madrid, then you will have to Start counting Messi's from when Ronaldo Joined Madrid.
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by naturalwaves: 9:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
Iamzuna:

Lol.... You are so wrong... Need i remind you that Messi started from the youth team in Barca and graduated to first team. He also had competition from the likes of Eto, Henry, Larsson, Dinho, Guily, Gio Dos Santos (when he was still playing his best football) then and he was most of the time injured. Now if you want to know what i mean, count their goals from when Ronaldo joined Madrid and use that to compare. Ronaldo was in Man United for about 3 Years before he started scoring lots and lots of goals in a season. So if you would want to compare both players based on games then you will have to start from when Ronaldo was in Lisbon (also not forgetting that Ronaldo is older then Messi and must have started his senior career before Messi). But if you want to compare the goals based on games Ronaldo has played in Madrid, then you will have to Start counting Messi's from when Ronaldo Joined Madrid.

As far as I am concerned, Messi has graduated to the Senior Barca team as far as 2005/2006. Those names you mentioned are basically centre forwards and Messi isn't one so, I see no reason why he should be disturbed. Moreover, we can't compare their antecedents ( previous clubs etc) but comparing their stay in La Liga and no of goals scored per match, Ronaldo still has a better goal ratio than Messi.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by habiolah(m): 9:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
I believe that Ronaldo cannot play well in a tiki taka team like Barca but Messi will have no problem with a counter attacking team. Wrong?

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Iamzuna(m): 9:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
naturalwaves:

As far as I am concerned, Messi has graduated to the Senior Barca team as far as 2005/2006. Those names you mentioned are basically centre forwards and Messi isn't one so, I see no reason why he should be disturbed. Moreover, we can't compare their antecedents ( previous clubs etc) but comparing their stay in La Liga and no of goals scored per match, Ronaldo still has a better goal ratio than Messi.

Now here is your stats... From 2009 till date for Real Madrid, Ronaldo has played 250 games and scored 255 goals..... Messi for Barcelona from 2009 till date has played 266 games and scored 276 goals.
For total career goals, Ronaldo has played for Lisbon, United and Madrid a total of 573 games and scored 378 goals..... Messi in total for Barcelona has played 459 and scored 367 goals.....

So please tell me what stats you are as well talking about and who has a better goal per game ratio
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Iamzuna(m): 9:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
habiolah: I believe that Ronaldo cannot play well in a tiki taka team like Barca but Messi will have no problem with a counter attacking team. Wrong?

What people fail to understand is that Madrid has a better balanced team than Barca. Ronaldo does little or nothing when the team is down but takes the glory when they win (probably because he might just head in a corner or just tap in a Di Maria pass). Lol
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Endowed595(m): 10:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
You pple are not serious, When does messi ever mark or husle ball, Ronaldo is way way better in free kick, shot power, speed, aerial balls..... Messi is just a lazy goal scorere.....Suarez don show nw

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by naturalwaves: 11:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
Iamzuna:

Now here is your stats... From 2009 till date for Real Madrid, Ronaldo has played 250 games and scored 255 goals..... Messi for Barcelona from 2009 till date has played 266 games and scored 276 goals.
Let's do the maths;

Ronaldo-----255/250= 1.02 goals per match
Messi--------276/266= 1.04 goals per match

Iamzuna:
For total career goals, Ronaldo has played for Lisbon, United and Madrid a total of 573 games and scored 378 goals..... Messi in total for Barcelona has played 459 and scored 367 goals.....

Ronaldo-------378/573= 0.66 goals per game
Messi---------367/459= 0.80 goals per game

Iamzuna: So please tell me what stats you are as well talking about and who has a better goal per game ratio
Since there are no half goals or quatre goals. They have both scored an average of one goal per match and that makes it equal tongue. Don't mind me, just joking. Based on the statistics you have provided, Messi has a better goal ratio than Ronaldo. Thanks! I will verify in my free time o.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 11:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
Endowed595: You pple are not serious, When does messi ever mark or husle ball, Ronaldo is way way better in free kick, shot power, speed, aerial balls..... Messi is just a lazy goal scorere.....Suarez don show nw
lols ,lets see what will happen to messi!
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 1:19am On Sep 12, 2014
habiolah: I believe that Ronaldo cannot play well in a tiki taka team like Barca but Messi will have no problem with a counter attacking team. Wrong?
That's right. No other team can pass the ball around, wear out their opponents with passes and patiently waiting for goals other than barcelona.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Wilfred Ndidi To Be Replaced By Alhassan Yusuf / Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal / It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.