Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,063 members, 7,807,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo (19759 Views)

Debate: Messi V Raul - Who Is The Bigger Champions League Legend? / Messi V Ronaldo / Didier Drogba And Christiano Ronaldo Hot Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by mubarakopeyemi(m): 6:33pm On Sep 14, 2014
Messi all the Way
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 15, 2014
Scoring goals doesn't make u the greatest player ever, ..Now take a look at zinedine zidane who has won world best player three consecutive times,he hasn't scored much goals like goerge best and gerd muller did, but he was pretty good with magical dribbles,penalty,freekicks, ball control,and no look passes,he helps theiry henry and da rest of d goalies in 2006 world cup until an italian figured out a way to send him off da field by provoking him.....Messi has a good scoring record ,no doupts ,but he just hasn't nailed it yet,yaaaaah atleast i haven't seen him do any famous dribbling skillz, (like ronaldo's step over,maradona's both leg feints etc)...i dnt hate him sha,..he has shot acuracy,gud timing ,and a lot of fakes and feints move around defenders....i give it to CHRISTIANO RONALDO for SKILLs/SCORING, LIONEL MESSI is a BORN SCORER .....they r both da best.
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by mcdreeezy: 12:02am On Sep 16, 2014
JESUSchoice: Scoring goals doesn't make u the greatest player ever, ..Now take a look at zinedine zidane who has won world best player three consecutive times,he hasn't scored much goals like goerge best and gerd muller did, but he was pretty good with magical dribbles,penalty,freekicks, ball control,and no look passes,he helps theiry henry and da rest of d goalies in 2006 world cup until an italian figured out a way to send him off da field by provoking him.....Messi has a good scoring record ,no doupts ,but he just hasn't nailed it yet,yaaaaah atleast i haven't seen him do any famous dribbling skillz, (like ronaldo's step over,maradona's both leg feints etc)...i dnt hate him sha,..he has shot acuracy,gud timing ,and a lot of fakes and feints move around defenders....i give it to CHRISTIANO RONALDO for SKILLs/SCORING, LIONEL MESSI is a BORN SCORER .....they r both da best.
Pls what do u mean by famous dribbling skills? Is it legovers, or snakebites? Messi doesn't do such but that doesn't dispute the fact that Messi is a better dribbler than Ronaldo and I woldnt like to compare Messi with those pple u mentioned as they played in different times. Ronaldo counts his legovers and whatever tricks he's got at ONE spot. Messi on the other hand beats opponents, as in, he gets past them with ease.

Go and watch the match against Getafe way back where messi beat 4 opponents includin the goalie makin 5 and scored. I can bet u that Ronaldo has never done that
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Iamzuna(m): 6:12am On Sep 16, 2014
JESUSchoice: Scoring goals doesn't make u the greatest player ever, ..Now take a look at zinedine zidane who has won world best player three consecutive times,he hasn't scored much goals like goerge best and gerd muller did, but he was pretty good with magical dribbles,penalty,freekicks, ball control,and no look passes,he helps theiry henry and da rest of d goalies in 2006 world cup until an italian figured out a way to send him off da field by provoking him.....Messi has a good scoring record ,no doupts ,but he just hasn't nailed it yet,yaaaaah atleast i haven't seen him do any famous dribbling skillz, (like ronaldo's step over,maradona's both leg feints etc)...i dnt hate him sha,..he has shot acuracy,gud timing ,and a lot of fakes and feints move around defenders....i give it to CHRISTIANO RONALDO for SKILLs/SCORING, LIONEL MESSI is a BORN SCORER .....they r both da best.

I dont get your point. So dribbling is now a what makes a player better or the best abi, then if you know like Denilson, Okocha, Hleb and a whole lot of other players then you wil know that it is just a gift and does not make any player the best because you must have techniqe wit your so called skills.

Now Ronaldo can do 10000step overs but that does not mean he can beat 4/5 playes at a go like Messi does. You are just being sentimental because everyone has been WOWed at how the ball sticks to Messi's feet and how he can beat as much as 6 players at a time. No matter how good you are, you dare not play 1 or just 2 man against Messi cos he will make a meal of them no matta how good they are (ask Hummels and others). Now you dont need 5 man to mark Ronaldo because Juanfran, Alves, Puyol, Ashley Cole and a lot more defendes have single handedly kept out Ronaldo over and over again.

Now talking about goals, sorry to say but you cowardly mentioned that forgetting that your man Ronaldo scores a whole lot of goals as well. Messi and Ronalde have a good ratio of scoring goals so i see no point in debating here because anytin you have said on this point applies to Ronaldo.

You mentioned Zidane (a great player as that can never be denied) been sent off because some1 upset him, was he not on the field for more than 90 minutes like others or he needed extra 90 right (bro no 1 is perfect) even Zidane was not marked as Messi is been marked today.

Now its good you mentioned they are both the best, but you spoiled it again by saying that Ronaldo is better because he has skills. Have you heard Pele or Maradona talking about Ronaldo before or heard them comparing Ronaldo with themselves even with his skills? We are only having this debate because Messi was injured for most of last season. Let me do a quick stats for you (early last season in La liga b4 injury, Messi had 8 goals in as many as 6 goals before the injury and Ronaldo had 2 goals. Ronaldo had scored 28 when Messi came baq frm injury and we all know how it ended, Ronaldo with 31 goals and Messi with 28). So just imagine that he was not injured. So i tink you Ronaldo fans should be happy for last season and compare both players on what they played last season othewise there is no way you can compare them.

Just this weekend when both players played for their teams what happened? Messi did not score but helped his team with 2 assists to win the game and Ronaldo, he dived, scored the penalty and that was his contribution? Still they lost at home. My point is that Messi's goals is an addition to his exceptional play.
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by shanktang(m): 7:27am On Sep 16, 2014
Endowed595: You pple are not serious, When does messi ever mark or husle ball, Ronaldo is way way better in free kick, shot power, speed, aerial balls..... Messi is just a lazy goal scorere.....Suarez don show nw

If he doesn't mark, how then does he get booked, he's been booked several times in marches remember, have u been watching your matches with your eyes closed ?, common be more objective in your analysis.
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 16, 2014
Iamzuna:

I dont get your point. So dribbling is now a what makes a player better or the best abi, then if you know like Denilson, Okocha, Hleb and a whole lot of other players then you wil know that it is just a gift and does not make any player the best because you must have techniqe wit your so called skills.

Now Ronaldo can do 10000step overs but that does not mean he can beat 4/5 playes at a go like Messi does. You are just being sentimental because everyone has been WOWed at how the ball sticks to Messi's feet and how he can beat as much as 6 players at a time. No matter how good you are, you dare not play 1 or just 2 man against Messi cos he will make a meal of them no matta how good they are (ask Hummels and others). Now you dont need 5 man to mark Ronaldo because Juanfran, Alves, Puyol, Ashley Cole and a lot more defendes have single handedly kept out Ronaldo over and over again.

Now talking about goals, sorry to say but you cowardly mentioned that forgetting that your man Ronaldo scores a whole lot of goals as well. Messi and Ronalde have a good ratio of scoring goals so i see no point in debating here because anytin you have said on this point applies to Ronaldo.

You mentioned Zidane (a great player as that can never be denied) been sent off because some1 upset him, was he not on the field for more than 90 minutes like others or he needed extra 90 right (bro no 1 is perfect) even Zidane was not marked as Messi is been marked today.

Now its good you mentioned they are both the best, but you spoiled it again by saying that Ronaldo is better because he has skills. Have you heard Pele or Maradona talking about Ronaldo before or heard them comparing Ronaldo with themselves even with his skills? We are only having this debate because Messi was injured for most of last season. Let me do a quick stats for you (early last season in La liga b4 injury, Messi had 8 goals in as many as 6 goals before the injury and Ronaldo had 2 goals. Ronaldo had scored 28 when Messi came baq frm injury and we all know how it ended, Ronaldo with 31 goals and Messi with 28). So just imagine that he was not injured. So i tink you Ronaldo fans should be happy for last season and compare both players on what they played last season othewise there is no way you can compare them.

Just this weekend when both players played for their teams what happened? Messi did not score but helped his team with 2 assists to win the game and Ronaldo, he dived, scored the penalty and that was his contribution? Still they lost at home. My point is that Messi's goals is an addition to his exceptional play.
Once again, i am beaten!
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by hensben(m): 11:10am On Sep 16, 2014
I will take messi in my team anytime, any day, cr7 is egocentric and always want the team to play for him to take glory, me, myself n I attitude, he only score goals nothing more of which messi is still better than him, messi create chances, assist, play make.
Messi>>cr7...EOD.
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Tval(m): 11:17am On Sep 16, 2014
Messi anytime, anywhere, any day, any hour, any minute, any second and any moment.
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by hensben(m): 11:34am On Sep 16, 2014
cotzywitzy:

Some people be mumu.. do you really know what loyalty means... when talking about loyalty its not about staying with a particular club, tell me Mikel staying at Chelsea is loyalty the fool is scared of leaving cause of one his wages and knows he would never matter in any other team... Ronaldo proved to the world that he can conquer any league he finds himself... Messi should try that before we can give him accolades... I see messi as someone that would never leave his comfort zone not now that he's got no more tricks in his bag... #TeamCR7
bias and myopic view, if mata, david sylva can survive in epl what do you take messi for huh? Can we now say maldini is not the greatest LB since he played in one club all his career or SAF is not a quality coach since he never change man utd for another club...messi was diagnosed of growth disease and barca payed for the operation, nurture him and make him world star and he is paying them back by been loyal to the club no matter the blank cheque temptation from man city. Messi said n I quote 'I can't leave barcelona except they decides to sell me'...anelka has plays for different club does that make him greater than cr7 who has played for 3 clubs?.
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by hensben(m): 12:04pm On Sep 16, 2014
RayMcBlue:

You couldn't be more wrong. Statistically speaking, there is more probability for short players to go down to flimsy tackles compared to taller ones. For example, you rarely see Ibrahimovic or Pogba taking a tumble compared to the frequency of dives per game from shorter players like Aguero and Alexis Sanchez.

Messi is a player to whom taking a dive is an unknown desire, which leads to one of my favorite videos of his exploits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0gS5CshUDE

anybody wey dey compare messi with cr7 football wise dey madt for head, even pele n maradona talks about messi when comparing themselves, they never talk about cr7 with themselves always messi.
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Iamzuna(m): 12:40pm On Sep 16, 2014
JESUSchoice: Once again, i am beaten!

No you are not. I understand your point and i have learnt from it just as you should from mine (even if its just a line). All the same, i hail o.

I tink the Op should do a topic where we can exchange views like this and compare players as well
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 16, 2014
Iamzuna:

Did CR7 dive in dat game ?,i taught it was an obvious fault from what i saw on da screen?
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 16, 2014
Iamzuna:

No you are not. I understand your point and i have learnt from it just as you should from mine (even if its just a line). All the same, i hail o.

I tink the Op should do a topic where we can exchange views like this and compare players as well
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 16, 2014
Iamzuna:

No problem, .,am just a huge fan of Cr7,.... ma sista luvs messi,but a lil. angry at him 4 now, because of dos 2goals he scored again da super eagles.....lols. Anyway since ur gud with analysis,how many goals has dis dudes scored dis season??
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Bosville(m): 10:57pm On Sep 16, 2014
ArguabLY messi z a grand Master in d world of football. Ronaldo is trying his moves are great, he's got gudskills, Nice shot accuracY and others.....but i bet u a LioNel's single mOve can supercede all those attributes in d twinkle of an Eye...When people CoMpare those two i think of MicheaL Jackson and Usher, we all knw dis twO are great dancers Bt M.J is always a step ahead of him. Same goes 4 Messi and Ronaldo. MEssi Was born, Ronaldo Was Made...#TeamMessi

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by naturalwaves: 11:38pm On Sep 16, 2014
mcdreeezy: Pls what do u mean by famous dribbling skills? Is it legovers, or snakebites? Messi doesn't do such but that doesn't dispute the fact that Messi is a better dribbler than Ronaldo and I woldnt like to compare Messi with those pple u mentioned as they played in different times. Ronaldo counts his legovers and whatever tricks he's got at ONE spot. Messi on the other hand beats opponents, as in, he gets past them with ease.

Go and watch the match against Getafe way back where messi beat 4 opponents includin the goalie makin 5 and scored. I can bet u that Ronaldo has never done that
You made a bit of sense but a bulk of your argument is so myopic. Ronaldo gets past opoonents in whiskers too in his own way. When Ronaldo was at Man United, all he needed was a through ball from Evra and before you count 9 seconds, the ball his at the back of the net. Most times, he moves with great speed on the left and cuts off any defender on the way and when he is close to the box eighteen edge, drags like 3 defenders along with him towards the right before placing the keeper on the left. Fine, Messi dribbled well in that match and scored calmly, still, doesn't beat Okocha's dribble againt Oliver Khan and team mates in Germany. That Messi's dribble is not even close to half of what Maradona dribbled at the world cup when he dribbled everyone from his own half till he scored. You can't be pin pointing examples and referring to them cos Ronaldo has a lot of things that can be pointed to that you cannot get the Messi equivalent. I could say......go and check Ronaldo's rocket shot against FC Porto at the champs league when he played for Man United and so on. Moreover, why didn't your Messi get the better of ordinary Bosingwa when Mourinho dragged him (Bosingwa) from) to somewhere around LB to mark Messi. In 90 minutes, Messi got past him just twice. Couldn't even enter the 18 box before the ball was taken back from him. If your Messi is as magical as you claim, he would have evaded the defence now.

I said it and I am saying it again, there is nothing Messi can do or has done that Ronaldo hasn't done or have an equivalent of but there are things C.Ronaldo has done that Messi has no answer for.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by mcdreeezy: 12:50am On Sep 17, 2014
naturalwaves:
You made a bit of sense but a bulk of your argument is so myopic. Ronaldo gets past opoonents in whiskers too in his own way. When Ronaldo was at Man United, all he needed was a through ball from Evra and before you count 9 seconds, the ball his at the back of the net. Most times, he moves with great speed on the left and cuts off any defender on the way and when he is close to the box eighteen edge, drags like 3 defenders along with him towards the right before placing the keeper on the left. Fine, Messi dribbled well in that match and scored calmly, still, doesn't beat Okocha's dribble againt Oliver Khan and team mates in Germany. That Messi's dribble is not even close to half of what Maradona dribbled at the world cup when he dribbled everyone from his own half till he scored. You can't be pin pointing examples and referring to them cos Ronaldo has a lot of things that can be pointed to that you cannot get the Messi equivalent. I could say......go and check Ronaldo's rocket shot against FC Porto at the champs league when he played for Man United and so on. Moreover, why didn't your Messi get the better of ordinary Bosingwa when Mourinho dragged him (Bosingwa) from) to somewhere around LB to mark Messi. In 90 minutes, Messi got past him just twice. Couldn't even enter the 18 box before the ball was taken back from him. If your Messi is as magical as you claim, he would have evaded the defence now.

I said it and I am saying it again, there is nothing Messi can do or has done that Ronaldo hasn't done or have an equivalent of but there are things C.Ronaldo has done that Messi has no answer for.
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by mcdreeezy: 12:52am On Sep 17, 2014
naturalwaves:

I dunno since when powerful shots became a criteria to judge who's better. Anybody can take shots, anybody can also lift so well to head a ball into the net. Whenever I argue with CR7 fans these are the points they raise and I begin to wonder. Messi is too brilliant a footballer to not be better than Ronaldo, watch all his matches without bein biased and you'll see what I'm sayin. Where was Ronaldo over the weekend when they lost to Atletico? If he's so good a footballer as u claim, why is it that the best he can get is to score a penalty? On the other hand, when Messi is not scoring, he's assisting others. Well, we are all entitled to our opinions.

As someone said, I have not seen where Maradona and Pele use CR7 to compare themselves, it's always Messi they use and that should give you a cue. I know people usually say they're the best footballers in the world as of now but if we're to be honestly sincere or sincerely honest, you'd agree with me that Messi's brilliance puts the Argentine ahead of the Portuguese. I've not seen anyone that has a sixth sense in football than Messi, Ronaldo doesn't come anywhere close. Bro, you can't deny this fact now Just be sincere
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by naturalwaves: 8:58am On Sep 17, 2014
mcdreeezy: I dunno since when powerful shots became a criteria to judge who's better. Anybody can take shots, anybody can also lift so well to head a ball into the net

You just shot yorself wity these statements. Point of correction, not every footballer can do all what you stated, not every footballer can score long range shots and not everybody can jump so well to head the ball. It takes more than just lifting yourself to nod a good shot, directing the ball is another thing, takes a lot of technique and practice and that is why not everyone does it. Before you start telling me the Messi is short bla bla bla tale again, go and watch Abedi Pele's goal against Nigeria at the 92 African cup of nations third place match and see how he beat our tall defenders to the ball in the air.

mcdreeezy: Whenever I argue with CR7 fans these are the points they raise and I begin to wonder. Messi is too brilliant a footballer to not be better than Ronaldo, watch all his matches without bein biased and you'll see what I'm sayin. Where was Ronaldo over the weekend when they lost to Atletico? If he's so good a footballer as u claim, why is it that the best he can get is to score a penalty? On the other hand, when Messi is not scoring, he's assisting others. Well, we are all entitled to our opinions.

So, because Messi performed better over a weekend, he is automatically better? What an analysis! Where was Messi when his team was being flogged mercilessly at the champs league? My friend, there are times one wouldn't even know that Messi is on a football pitch, so, stop being sentimental, footballers do have off days or a not too good day.

mcdreeezy:
As someone said, I have not seen where Maradona and Pele use CR7 to compare themselves, it's always Messi they use and that should give you a cue.

This issue has been over flogged. Who gave Pele or Maradona the right to say who is better or not? They are regular persons like us and that's their opinion just as we have ours. Moreover, they can't compare C Ronaldo to themselves cos they are not in any way similar. Messi plays more like their kind of pattern and that was why Messi was called the new Maradona when he just came up but C Ronaldo plays in an entirely unique way, so comparing themselves to C Ronaldo will make no sense. Again, South American players hardly compare themselves with European players ( nationality wise) and finally, Pele, Maradona and Messi have one thng in common; The three of them are dwarfs grin , so their comparism might be solidaritary, maybe Ronaldo's build is too intimidating for them, so, they have to find a comfort zone.

mcdreeezy: I know people usually say they're the best footballers in the world as of now but if we're to be honestly sincere or sincerely honest, you'd agree with me that Messi's brilliance puts the Argentine ahead of the Portuguese. I've not seen anyone that has a sixth sense in football than Messi, Ronaldo doesn't come anywhere close. Bro, you can't deny this fact now Just be sincere

Messi's brilliance? Are you kidding me? Well, the essence of this thread was to compare their qualities. The only quality you have mentioned now is "brilliance" . How about Ronaldo's power, agility, athleticism and so on?

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by naturalwaves: 9:07am On Sep 17, 2014
@mcdreeezy, why did you pick a portion of the points raised in the last quote. You haven't still answered why your Messi that dribbles past 5 defenders couldn't get the better of Bosingwa nor get into the 18 yard box against Chesea and the fact that there was nothing magical in what he did as Maradona and Okocha have done it better in the past.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by mcdreeezy: 9:13am On Sep 17, 2014
naturalwaves: Messi's brilliance? Are you kidding me? Well, the essence of this thread was to compare their qualities. The only quality you have mentioned now is "brilliance" . How about Ronaldo's power, agility, athleticism and so on?
I dunno about you but I believe if you have the brain and brilliance, you don't need to apply physicality or force... Ronaldo works hard, Messi works smart
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by mcdreeezy: 9:15am On Sep 17, 2014
naturalwaves: @mcdreeezy, why did you pick a portion of the points raised in the last quote. You haven't still answered why your Messi that dribbles past 5 defenders couldn't get the better of Bosingwa nor get into the 18 yard box against Chesea and the fact that there was nothing magical in what he did as Maradona and Okocha have done it better in the past.
I no wan argue this one, durin that time I neva dey carry ball for head like I'm doin now. But one thin pple fail to realise was that chelsea was lucky against Barca
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by naturalwaves: 9:33am On Sep 17, 2014
mcdreeezy: I no wan argue this one, durin that time I neva dey carry ball for head like I'm doin now. But one thin pple fail to realise was that chelsea was lucky against Barca

Okay, I will let this go. I wasn't talking about Chelsea's champions league triumph in 2012 though. Infact , in the match I was referring to, it was Chelsea that was cheated. Barcelonia defenders handled the ball in the eighteen yard box twice but the referee refused to blow because order from above says Bacelonia must play at the finals either by crook or other means, that was why Ballack and Drogba wanted to slap the referee after the match.

You also said something about chelsea being lucky (2012) against Bercelonia.Let me quickly tell you a short story;

When this beautiful game callled football was invented, it was said that the aim of the game shall be to put the ball in the opponent's net. They didn't state how that must be done. No definitions were given for tiki taka, beautiful football and so on. A team that defends and lunches a counter is using a strategy, another that passes out its opponent before unlocking the opponent is also using a strategy. The fact that Barca did a bulk of the playing and chelsea did the scoring is not luck, it is a strategy.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by naturalwaves: 9:40am On Sep 17, 2014
mcdreeezy: I dunno about you but I believe if you have the brain and brilliance, you don't need to apply physicality or force... Ronaldo works hard, Messi works smart

You would have been correct. Unfortunately, this argument does not apply to football. In football,.it takes more than mere brilliance to triumph. You need the mechanism to carry out your brilliant ideas. If an Engineer is brilliant enough and knows a certain horse power rating must be met before an engine performs optimally, he need to design such or else, his brilliant ideas will be a waste. Moreover, Christiano Ronaldo is brilliant too and his brilliance + his built and style gives him a lil edge over Messi.
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by mcdreeezy: 9:49am On Sep 17, 2014
naturalwaves:

Okay, I will let this go. I wasn't talking about Chelsea's champions league triumph in 2012 though. Infact , in the match I was referring to, it was Chelsea that was cheated. Barcelonia defenders handled the ball in the eighteen yard box twice but the referee refused to blow because order from above says Bacelonia must play at the finals either by crook or other means, that was why Ballack and Drogba wanted to slap the referee after the match.

You also said something about chelsea being lucky (2012) against Bercelonia.Let me quickly tell you a short story;

When this beautiful game callled football was invented, it was said that the aim of the game shall be to put the ball in the opponent's net. They didn't state how that must be done. No definitions were given for tiki taka, beautiful football and so on. A team that defends and lunches a counter is using a strategy, another that passes out its opponent before unlocking the opponent is also using a strategy. The fact that Barca did a bulk of the playing and chelsea did the scoring is not luck, it is a strategy.
Well, if you say so...
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by mcdreeezy: 9:50am On Sep 17, 2014
naturalwaves:

You would have been correct. Unfortunately, this argument does not apply to football. In football,.it takes more than mere brilliance to triumph. You need the mechanism to carry out your brilliant ideas. If an Engineer is brilliant enough and knows a certain horse power rating must be met before an engine performs optimally, he need to design such or else, his brilliant ideas will be a waste. Moreover, Christiano Ronaldo is brilliant too and his brilliance + his built and style gives him a lil edge over Messi.
Ronaldo is not brilliant anymore, he stopped bein brilliant when he left Man Utd... Are you a Real Madrid fan?
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by naturalwaves: 9:59am On Sep 17, 2014
mcdreeezy: Ronaldo is not brilliant anymore, he stopped bein brilliant when he left Man Utd... Are you a Real Madrid fan?

grin grin @he stopped being brilliant after he left Manchester United. Guy, you so funny. I don't think he stopped being brilliant, I think it is due to the variation in pattern of plays of football clubs and the club's philosophy. These players always try to just blend in into different patterns and that alone is "brilliance".The way Neymar Jr was instructed to play at Barca is not the same way he plays normally before getting in. I even observed one funny thing and I was so surprised when I did.....Do you know that some coaches will even tell players the maximum number of touches they must do? Some will give only 1 or 2 players the right to dribble. Part of why Robben left chelsea was freedom to express himself on the pitch. I don't support Madrid, I support Chelsea FC.
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Lily4star(f): 10:14am On Sep 17, 2014
[quote author=Iamzuna]

Note that not all the time you get past your markers, they ve their good days and their bad days as well, there re some matches you get to ask yourself 'where is Messi or where is Ronaldo?', but when they re at their best dangerous things happen on the pitch, if you think am lying ask Ashley Cole what caused his knee injury that took him out for a whole season, it was courtesy of a CR7 dribble. When you see a Messi or Ronaldo marked out by just a player know that that player has been practicing for months just for that particular match to outweight them and has watched lots of clips about them over and over again, aside that when they re at their best they still perform excellently well.

Messi is a natural born talent, just like one born with a gift in singing, art, he was born with the gift of soccer,

But Ronaldo on the other hand is a hardworker, he worked extremely hard to get to the top, and his hardwork has paid off for him.

I respect them, they both great players.

Cos if you guys wanna keep comparing is better, know that Messi is better than CR7 in certain aspects, same way CR7 is better than Messi in certain aspects too.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by mcdreeezy: 10:16am On Sep 17, 2014
naturalwaves:

grin grin @he stopped being brilliant after he left Manchester United. Guy, you so funny. I don't think he stopped being brilliant, I think it is due to the variation in pattern of plays of football clubs and the club's philosophy. These players always try to just blend in into different patterns and that alone is "brilliance".The way Neymar Jr was instructed to play at Barca is not the same way he plays normally before getting in. I even observed one funny thing and I was so surprised when I did.....Do you know that some coaches will even tell players the maximum number of touches they must do? Some will give only 1 or 2 players the right to dribble. Part of why Robben left chelsea was freedom to express himself on the pitch. I don't support Madrid, I support Chelsea FC.
Ok bro, Chelsea the arrogant club. Thank God Man Utd is recoverin so they can treat Chelsea's fvck up grin

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by naturalwaves: 10:28am On Sep 17, 2014
mcdreeezy: Ok bro, Chelsea the arrogant club. Thank God Man Utd is recoverin so they can treat Chelsea's fvck up grin

Hahahahahahah, are chelsea fans really loud mouthed? Well, the current chelsea squad is one of the best assemblage of players. If they can play together for three years, the achievements will be awesome. I am most happy for Eden Hazard, he has less work load now and can always be used as a joker unlike last season.
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Iamzuna(m): 11:03am On Sep 17, 2014
naturalwaves:

From the above and all the points you have raised, i have concluded that you are new to la liga and you only watched last season in la liga. 1st saying Messi has not scored a goal similar to Maradonna's shows you are biased and not even ready to get your facts before concluding. Against Villareal wen Messi was 23 or so he scored a goal that was exactly and even better than Maradona's and has scored even better goals. Talking about Okocha's fluke, only Nigerians rememba that goal because apart from Nigeria i have never seen that highlight amongst best goals of all tym. So about high profile header goals, na yansh Messi take score against Man U for finals of UCL abi.

I was a fan of Ronaldo b4 Mourinho came to Madrid and in his career he has had just 2 years he has been better than Messi and that was when he won the UCL both with Man U and Madrid and he won the Ballon dor(sic), and both times Messi was out with long injuries. Like i stated b4 here when debating with a strong Ronaldo fan, Ronaldo had 2 goals last season before Messi got injured with 8 goals. Ronaldo had 28 goals when Messi fully came back to end the season on 28 goals and Ronaldo end with 31. Now just Imagine Messi was 100 fit also not forgetting that when he came back from injury he was keeping himself for the WC couple with bad coaching where he was played entirely out of position. I am only saying this to let you know why Ronaldo had a better season also not forgetting that his feeders were in the form of their lives. In Madrid Ronaldo is fed goals and i just wish both players would switch clubs and see just how Messi would become a god in Madrid because Madrid has a more balanced team and dont look to Ronaldo when they are down.

Now you said because Ronaldo scores Rocket shots he is way better, i respect Ronaldo for his shots and its because of these attributes he has that we are comparing both players. You will agree with me that if Ronaldo does not have these attributes then we wud be comparing him with Nani and not Messi, and if messi has what Ronaldo has with what he has then there will be no need to compare. Now please if you want to compare both players dont watch highlights or 'best of Ronaldo vs best of Messi' but please watch both players play and you will see the difference.

Do you know that Pele hates Messi and has been looking for some1 he can say is better than Messi? 1st he did it using your Ronaldo but Messi bettered Ronaldo by far and also tried saying Neyma was better and changed saying Neyma is 4 d future, so i dont know where you got ur facts from because they can mislead those who dnt know. I love gud football and love both players but the truth must be told. Even Ronaldo said its the competition with Messi thats making him outdo himself but Messi and everyone close to him say that he has not gotten to his best, so you just imagine when he is at his best

Now can you count for me the number of games Ronaldo has single handedly won for Madrid?

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Iamzuna(m): 11:24am On Sep 17, 2014
grin[quote author=Lily4star][/quote]

You are right sis but you have to correct that one statement that a defender can mark oud Messi (never) you need at least 3 players to mark him out and yet he still gets the better of them. Even Ferdinard and vidic combine can testify. I know defenders that Ronaldo can never get the better of grin grin grin

I will agree with you on ashley cole because u b sisi ni o. Ashley cole was trying to recover when the injury occured bt i agree with you. I love both players and they are both too good bt Messi is ahead of Ronaldo and no defender can boast that he will personally stop Messi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal / Mbappe Turns Down Al Hilal Approach / It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.