Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,211 members, 7,780,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:21 PM

I Urgently Need Your Advice! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Urgently Need Your Advice! (538 Views)

I need your advice. Msc control Engineering OR Msc Embedded Computing Systems. / Nairalanders I Need Your Advice,medicine Before NYSC / I Urgently Need You Guys Help!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Urgently Need Your Advice! by gbengress1: 8:46am On Sep 08, 2014
Hello nairalanders,
I kindly need your sincere advise over an issue.
I applied for a job but during the application stage, the girl that sent my cv @ the cyber cafe mistakenly understate my age (2yrs younger) despite the fact that my original age is still within the recruitment age.
I get the interview tomorrow and I was told to come with my birth certificate. My fear now is the discrepancy between the age on d sent cv and on my birth certificate (because I know it is not professional).
What should I do? Your sincere response would be highly appreciated
Re: I Urgently Need Your Advice! by gede7744(f): 8:50am On Sep 08, 2014
tell them d truth if asked. if need be go with sworn affidavit to second ur birth cert. if d job is urs, u will surely get it. all d best
Re: I Urgently Need Your Advice! by gbengress1: 9:40am On Sep 08, 2014
gbengress1: Hello nairalanders,
I kindly need your sincere advise over an issue.
I applied for a job but during the application stage, the girl that sent my cv @ the cyber cafe mistakenly understate my age (2yrs younger) despite the fact that my original age is still within the recruitment age.
I get the interview tomorrow and I was told to come with my birth certificate. My fear now is the discrepancy between the age on d sent cv and on my birth certificate (because I know it is not professional).
What should I do? Your sincere response would be highly appreciated
Thanks...
Re: I Urgently Need Your Advice! by gbengress1: 9:41am On Sep 08, 2014
More advise would be highly appreciated
Re: I Urgently Need Your Advice! by insidifyguru: 9:47am On Sep 08, 2014
I concur with what gede said. Though getting a sworn affidavit might take a couple of days to get,it will enable whoever is going to interview you to firmly believe you story. Now,in the event that you are not able to get the affidavit afore going for the interview,state it upfront to the interviewer,even before you are asked to submit a copy of your birth certificate, the mistake done. Voluntarily giving that piece of information will elicit more belief in what you say. Wish you all the best in your interview! #Insidify
Re: I Urgently Need Your Advice! by Bhy(f): 10:32am On Sep 08, 2014
I think you should do as other posters suggested cause that's the only way I see you geeting out of this issue. All the best.
Re: I Urgently Need Your Advice! by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
All the best with what others have said best.

(1) (Reply)

Easy Way To Sell Your Products Online. / Has Anyone Tried Profgigs.com? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.