Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,451 members, 7,801,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. (2753 Views)

My Boyfriend Said I Should Buy Him Gucci Driver Shoes (screenshots) / Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best / Man Returns To Children He Abandoned For Eight Years (With Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by ayomidegambari(m): 3:56pm On Sep 08, 2014
Am really confused, actually my dad was a very fun man, like going on tour and left the family to suffer, my mum used everything in her reach to send me to school, now I am a banker, but mum never want me to look my dad side even for once, she said she will dislike me if I give my dad a penny. Am really confused..what do I do?
Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by Unionised(m): 3:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
ayomidegambari: Am really confused, actually my dad was a very fun man, like going on tour and left the family to suffer, my mum used everything in her reach to send me to school, now I am a banker, but mum never want me to look my dad side even for once, she said she will dislike me if I give my dad a penny. Am really confused..what do I do?

A tricky situation, indeed.

One's got to feel for your mum, and all she's gone through to care for you.

But SHE NEEDS TO FORGIVE HIM! Then, and only then, can she be free...

That being said, whatever issues your parents have is theirs and theirs alone.

They can't make you suffer for their past mistakes.

It may sound unkind, but YOU NEED TO LIVE YOUR LIFE.

And if BONDING with your dad will make you happy, then by all means GO FOR IT.

Use your discretion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by perry2020(f): 3:59pm On Sep 08, 2014
ayomidegambari: Am really confused, actually my dad was a very fun man, like going on tour and left the family to suffer, my mum used everything in her reach to send me to school, now I am a banker, but mum never want me to look my dad side even for once, she said she will dislike me if I give my dad a penny. Am really confused..what do I do?
If you don't tell her she wouldn't know,it was his speerm that made u no matter what.just appreciate him and do it for god,also see it as a lesson.
Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 08, 2014
Don't partake with the annoying grudges. Just follow your heart. Dad or not help those in need especially the ones you Love.
Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by tosinjoe(m): 4:04pm On Sep 08, 2014
U should do it because its your responsibility as his child and not because he cared or not. Do the little u can and leave him for his maker to judge. From same xperience
Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by Ndababa(m): 4:04pm On Sep 08, 2014
Oh please... You shouldn't bring this here. Oh my! Sighs!
Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by pickabeau1: 4:10pm On Sep 08, 2014
Do you have a relationship with your dad
why does your dad need your jhelp now
Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by crusader01(m): 4:16pm On Sep 08, 2014

Op,you have your discretion to forgive. The same thing happened to me. We were abandoned for 19yrs. We went through hell. Now Ali is a man. When I was about to marry,I realised he has a role to play as a father. All I had to do was to forgive him before he asked for forgiveness, and looked for him to take his place on my day of wedding as a father of the groom.
Yes,he offended you but you just have to forgive him to have peace within you. You are the only one that can talk to your mum to forgive him.
Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by SAMBARRY: 4:48pm On Sep 08, 2014
Mom knows best

1 Like

Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by cococandy(f): 8:22pm On Sep 08, 2014
They run away and remember they have kids when the kids are full grown.
When all the work has been done
When the suffering and sowing is over.
Show up during reaping season.

Well Op follow your heart.

11 Likes

Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
Always remember that Joseph wouldn't ve become a king in Egypt but not for his brothers betrayal, I. Know ur Mum is still pained it's ur duty to make Her realize that there's nothing in this world that happen by chance, she suffered yes but it all Over now, yesterday is gone Care for ur Dad today U may be sending a Message to one Irresponsible Man out there.
Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by Pavore9: 4:56am On Sep 09, 2014
Forgiving such a man is not easy but God's grace gives us the strength to do so.
Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by ogawisdom(m): 7:32am On Sep 09, 2014
U ve d blood of ur dad flowing in ur blood vessels. If u can't forgive ur own blood who can u forgive undecided if ur mum is a christian read d story of d prodigal son in d bible to her she ll forgive ur father in tears.
Forgive ur father as soon as possible n start caring for him where u can even if it means living apart.
Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by Kanwulia: 8:28am On Sep 09, 2014
That is your choice! kiss
Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
God in heaven will not forgive u if u don't take care of him COs on earth they are our GODS....my parents separated wen i was 6months,my dad took me in but today i give them d same amount of money COs God will be my rewarder......goodluck
Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 17, 2014
Lacomus: Always remember that Joseph wouldn't ve become a king in Egypt but not for his brothers betrayal, I. Know ur Mum is still pained it's ur duty to make Her realize that there's nothing in this world that happen by chance, she suffered yes but it all Over now, yesterday is gone Care for ur Dad today U may be sending a Message to one Irresponsible Man out there.

What message?

That they will be rewarded for the abandonment of their kids?

Just asking.

7 Likes

Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
carefreewannabe:

What message?

That they will be rewarded for the abandonment of their kids?

Just asking.
that the child u abandon today may be of help tomorrow, do u think he won't feel a shame when he takes anything frm u ?
Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by thorpido(m): 8:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
Your mother's relationship should be different from your relationship with your dad.Your mother is hurting, hence her instruction.
Do you have a relationship with your dad?The choice of giving him gifts will depend on your heart of forgiveness.
Follow your heart but be discreet.Your mum won't take it lightly.
Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by Profcamsey(m): 8:32pm On Sep 17, 2014
They have said it all, nothing to say anymore #Don'tthinkibookedspace
Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 17, 2014
Lacomus: that the child u abandon today may be of help tomorrow, do u think he won't feel a shame when he takes anything frm u ?

How would seeing his face make me any happier?

@ayomidegambari

Did you ask your father why he abandoned you?

2 Likes

Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
carefreewannabe:

How would seeing his face make me any happier?

@ayomidegambari

Did you ask your father why he abandoned you?
no good reason bt am happy his absence has made me stronger

3 Likes

Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by beeevan: 11:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
Abeg forget that man, heart like yours is why they keep abandoning with the hope that you will come looking for them to play son when you are made. Abandon those that abandon you, shikena.

7 Likes

Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by ayomidegambari(m): 11:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
Lacomus: no good reason bt am happy his absence has made me stronger
I didn't ask him coz I know he doesn't have a tangible reason

1 Like

Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by Nobody: 12:36am On Sep 18, 2014
Bro,you old enough to make decision.

And secondly,must you tell her if you did something for him?

Don't allow them drag you to their own life,you have got your life to live.
Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by Rose2014: 1:25am On Sep 18, 2014

I don't blame you op. I blame the woman that sacrificed everything within her reach to give you life. If she had abandoned you like your dad did, you won't be here asking this silly question. She should have equally abandoned you people and enjoyed her life like your dad so that finally everybody gets to reap where they didn't sow na.
To those telling him to forgive & talking about prodigal son bla bla bla, where did you read that the father has asked for forgiveness? If the man wants forgiveness, he can lay his apparent useless ego aside and start with the mom & not going to the so called banker abi him no born another pikin for where he waka go?

You see a Fun loving man, I see a gold digger tongue

6 Likes

Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by Rose2014: 1:53am On Sep 18, 2014
ogawisdom: U ve d blood of ur dad flowing in ur blood vessels. If u can't forgive ur own blood who can u forgive undecided if ur mum is a christian read d story of d prodigal son in d bible to her she ll forgive ur father in tears.
Forgive ur father as soon as possible n start caring for him where u can even if it means living apart.

Though I didn't read that the father apologized to his family, After reading about the prodigal son, I also read Gal 6:7 ' Be not deceived, God is not mocked, whatever a man Soweth he shall reap' Why can't the man go n reap where he sowed na, is that too much to ask?

4 Likes

Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by ayomidegambari(m): 9:52am On Sep 18, 2014
Rose2014:

I don't blame you op. I blame the woman that sacrificed everything within her reach to give you life. If she had abandoned you like your dad did, you won't be here asking this silly question. She should have equally abandoned you people and enjoyed her life like your dad so that finally everybody gets to reap where they didn't sow na.
To those telling him to forgive & talking about prodigal son bla bla bla, where did you read that the father has asked for forgiveness? If the man wants forgiveness, he can lay his apparent useless ego aside and start with the mom & not going to the so called banker abi him no born another pikin for where he waka go?

I won't blame you, that's your own opinion tho, but where did I made mention of dad asking for forgiveness in my write up? Tnx anyway
Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 18, 2014
ayomidegambari: I won't blame you, that's your own opinion tho, but where did I made mention of dad asking for forgiveness in my write up? Tnx anyway

Op, he's your father so follow your heart, I have a neighbor who happens to be the only son of his father, the father left the mother and married another woman and his mother married another man too but died shortly after, so they took him to his father who rejected him, he said he begged the father as a young boy for him to forgive him the man refused ,, years later the father is depending on him for survival, he told me that if his father is demanding too much from him, he will have a rethink but still give to the father and the stepmother.
Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by aderonila18: 8:48pm On Sep 18, 2014
Same thing happened to me, he abandoned his 5children and while my Mum sacrificed everything to provide for us he was enjoying his life with different women and alcohol. As they always do he came back when he was old and broke, we gave him the very basics I.e rent for a very modest apartment in a modest neighbor hood and basic feeding allowance. I would never buy him a car or a ticket, those are luxuries that he doesn't deserve. The person who did the work deserves the best and it would be unfair to give them the same. Remember that in the story of the prodigal son the father took in him and gave him food but all his fortune were to be left for the faithful soon. One must reward faithfulness otherwise that is the type of thing that makes all these irresponsible men feel it's no big deal. They are wicked and they know that after the woman had sacrificed her life for the children they will turn up and beg for forgiveness. How come they never come and beg while the children still need them financially? They only realize their mistake when the children are financially secure? Gold diggers .

OP , give him the most basic things but you owe him no extras. Pamper your Mum extra and give her all the luxuries you can afford so she'll know you appreciate the sacrifices she made

6 Likes

Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by cutiesoglam(f): 9:18pm On Sep 18, 2014
Pls give him wat wateva u feel ur mind wants. See, d fact dt he is even want u to give him ur hardearned and u r givin him in forms ofd gifts or cash , it is a curse he is placing onhimslf. dt is wat yoruba calls" ounje omo toh n koro lenu obi".as 4 ur mum ,she is still pained so u can bear with her n also she m ight see wat u don't see and knw things u don't knw afterallna her husband.
Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by bebe2(f): 10:01pm On Sep 18, 2014
Rose2014:

tnk u very much,

so on point.

1 Like

Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by cococandy(f): 10:12pm On Sep 18, 2014
there is difference between repentance and opportunism. if he didn't repent until the kids made it, he's not repentant. only coming to steal what he did not work for.
if the son was poor and struggling,would he come for forgiveness or even offer assistance if he can?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is My Father So Quiet? / Could This Be Love Or Child Abuse? / This Wife Needs Your Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.