Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,421 members, 7,808,511 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight (13772 Views)

TeHN's 2nd Annual End Of Year Charity Flight / The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread / Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 25, 2014
r231:

Thanks for the information......

Do you have the full address please.

That's the address..Harbour road is at borokiri
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by r231(m): 8:26pm On Sep 25, 2014
keppyy:

Thanks!!
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by jaybee3(m): 8:51am On Oct 07, 2014
barcanista:
@jaybee3 and all

You guys are doing well. I will avail myself to contribute in kind to this TeHN Project. I am looking @ where to fit in.
My Oga,
Would you be happy to help coordinate our outreach under this year's theme for your region. If you are happy to help then please email us @ nairalandcharity@gmail.com
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by jaybee3(m): 8:53am On Oct 07, 2014
keppyy:

Thanks for the Info Ma'am. Can i please ask if you are anywhere close to the location of the home?
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by jaybee3(m): 8:57am On Oct 07, 2014
Gboliwe:

Most if not all Nigerians who can afford to put their aged ones in homes do NOT live below the poverty level.

I think we should pick the option of looking around us and finding one aged who is really in need of a breathe of fresh air.
Like someone mentioned, the north as it is today need a lot of help too. We can also look at helping a family or two up north.
Hi Gboliwe,
We would like to move this forward so any ideas on how we can achieve the set goals?
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by jaybee3(m): 8:58am On Oct 07, 2014
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 07, 2014
jaybee3:

Thanks for the Info Ma'am. Can i please ask if you are anywhere close to the location of the home?

I'm not a Ma'am...I live in port-harcourt and it's about 45mins drive from my house.
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Gboliwe: 9:14am On Oct 07, 2014
jaybee3:

Hi Gboliwe,
We would like to move this forward so any ideas on how we can achieve the set goals?

Set goals? Sorry, but I sincerely don't know what the agreed goals are. Please intimate me.
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Gboliwe: 9:21am On Oct 07, 2014
keppyy:

I'm not a Ma'am...I live in port-harcourt and it's about 45mins drive from my house.

Hahahahaha @ Keppy. So you are not ma'am. grin
Are you "sir"?
Chei, by the way, are you competing with musiwa on opening new handles? tongue who banned you, again?
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 07, 2014
Gboliwe:

Hahahahaha @ Keppy. So you are not ma'am. grin
Are you "sir"?
Chei, by the way, are you competing with musiwa on opening new handles? tongue who banned you, again?

I forget my passwords a lot..I lost my phone this time...How are you?

I'm a lady nauuuu...
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by jaybee3(m): 9:33am On Oct 07, 2014
Gboliwe:

Set goals? Sorry, but I sincerely don't know what the agreed goals are. Please intimate me.

My bad,sorry about that.

So we decided as a group to move forward with the following action plans (set goals) and was wondering how you can help with any of them:

1) We shall try and recruit regional volunteer coordinators that can help visit hospitals where we can find elderly folks that may need some sort of help during these period. They are to help identify their needs and then report back so we can make executive decisions on how we plan to use donated money to meet some of these needs.

2) We will leave the option of NLers making recommendations of elderly folks that they know and might need help for a month so we can investigate and accept as we go along.

3) We shall work with the NLers that suggested 2 dedicated care homes for the elderly to investigate and in turn include into our planning if they are deemed fit for purpose.
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Gboliwe: 9:33am On Oct 07, 2014
keppyy:

I forget my passwords a lot..I lost my phone this time...How are you?
I'm a lady nauuuu...
funny girl lady. You agree you are a lady but won't answer to a respectable "Ma'am" acknowledgment. Lol.

The phone that was bad? Well if it is, be happy it finally got lost, you were prolly getting too attached to it.
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by jaybee3(m): 9:45am On Oct 07, 2014
keppyy:

Can we work with you to help establish an initial contact with the home?
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 07, 2014
jaybee3:

Can we work with you to help establish an initial contact with the home?

Hmmmmm...Okay
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 07, 2014
Gboliwe:
funny girl lady. You agree you are a lady but won't answer to a respectable "Ma'am" acknowledgment. Lol.

The phone that was bad? Well if it is, be happy it finally got lost, you were prolly getting too attached to it.

Yes OOoo, that phone...Have you been to that place again? I always think about that girl (the one that prayed).
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 07, 2014
jaybee3:

My Oga,
Would you be happy to help coordinate our outreach under this year's theme for your region. If you are happy to help then please email us @ nairalandcharity@gmail.com
accepted
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Gboliwe: 2:49pm On Oct 07, 2014
(
keppyy:

Yes OOoo, that phone...Have you been to that place again? I always think about that girl (the one that prayed).

Yes, I was there in May or so. I have even lost the guy's number but that isn't an acceptable reason for not visiting them one of my free days. Shame on me cry
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Gboliwe: 3:02pm On Oct 07, 2014
[quote author=jaybee3 post=26933693]

My bad,sorry about that.

So we decided as a group to move forward with the following action plans (set goals) and was wondering how you can help with any of them:

[b]1) We shall try and recruit regional volunteer coordinators that can help visit hospitals where we can find elderly folks that may need some sort of help during these period. They are to help identify their needs and then report back so we can make executive decisions on how we plan to use donated money to meet some of these needs.
There is a state owned general hospital and a federal govt owned teaching hospital in my state of residence, these are mostly the place we can find such helpless downtrodden aged people. It shouldn't be a big deal to be a part of this. If its even going into a village to find/verify one who can't even afford getting to these hospitals. I am game.
2) We will leave the option of NLers making recommendations of elderly folks that they know and might need help for a month so we can investigate and accept as we go along.
If any falls within my region, I will be happy to be a part of it.

3) We shall work with the NLers that suggested 2 dedicated care homes for the elderly to investigate and in turn include into our planning if they are deemed fit for purpose.[/b]

If we don't find enough persons to support the Rivers state flight, its next door, I won't mind being a support "help"

Let's do it!
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 07, 2014
Action Gboliwe. cool
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Gboliwe: 1:54pm On Oct 08, 2014
keppyy:
Action Gboliwe. cool
What is this one saying? tongue
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by jaybee3(m): 9:06am On Oct 21, 2014
Gboliwe:

Dear Gboliwe,
Can you please help make the initial contact so we can ascertain their needs as well as the total no of patients in our defined category

Kind Regards
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by jaybee3(m): 9:07am On Oct 21, 2014
keppyy:

Dear Keppyyy,
Can you please help make the initial contact so we can ascertain their needs as well as the total no of patients in the defined category

Kind Regards
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Gboliwe: 9:24am On Oct 21, 2014
jaybee3:

Dear Gboliwe,
Can you please help make the initial contact so we can ascertain their needs as well as the total no of patients in our defined category

Kind Regards

Dear Jaybee3,
This seems like a blank cheque you are throwing my way. I would rather you give me a defined instruction.
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by jaybee3(m): 9:49am On Oct 21, 2014
Gboliwe:

Dear Jaybee3,
This seems like a blank cheque you are throwing my way. I would rather you give me a defined instruction.

Basically, we sort of need you to visit any location that's convenient for you then do the following:
1) Identify patients within the defined age group with long term stay/condition or regular attenders (You can just ask the Nurses to help with the identification)
2) Find out the type of their ailment
3) If the ailment is non physical and they are sort of reluctant to disclose specifics then just ask for their needs

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Gboliwe: 3:16pm On Oct 21, 2014
jaybee3:

Basically, we sort of need you to visit any location that's convenient for you then do the following:
1) Identify patients within the defined age group with long term stay/condition or regular attenders (You can just ask the Nurses to help with the identification)
3) If the ailment is non physical and they are sort of reluctant to disclose specifics then just ask for their needs

Thanks

Seen
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 21, 2014
jaybee3:

Dear Keppyyy,
Can you please help make the initial contact so we can ascertain their needs as well as the total no of patients in the defined category

Kind Regards

Okay
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Gboliwe: 11:50am On Oct 27, 2014
jaybee3:

Thanks

I am presently at the University of Uyo teaching Hospital the NHIS wing. I prefer this wing because the patients here are all under the managed care scheme of the FGN.
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Gboliwe: 11:51am On Oct 27, 2014
jaybee3:

Thanks

I am presently at the University of Uyo teaching Hospital the NHIS wing. I prefer this wing because the patients here are all under the managed care scheme of the FGN.
Even from the outpatient waiting room, the number of aged and sick persons I have seen is overwhelming. I am waiting to see a matron though.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by pickabeau1: 12:24pm On Oct 27, 2014
welldone Gboliwe
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by jaybee3(m): 12:24pm On Oct 27, 2014
Thanks Gboliwe

Much appreciated
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by r231(m): 12:39pm On Oct 27, 2014
Gboliwe:

Even from the outpatient waiting room, the number of aged and sick persons I have seen is overwhelming. I am waiting to see a matron though.

Nice one...

Thanks
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Gboliwe: 3:59pm On Oct 27, 2014
Well, I am just leaving the hospital. Summary: after personally walking round all the various wards in the many units of the hospital, (not only the nHis unit) there are no aged patients without financial sponsors. When I didn't find any aged who didn't have financial backing in the NHIS, I went to the other units and the closest I found was a 40yr old man who had an accident, treated, discharged but can't go home because of lack of funds. His bill is less than N180k.

I hope to visit the state general hospital on or before thursday by God's grace.

Maybe the aged who need this help can't even get to the hospital, what do you think?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

At What Point Do You Complain Of Being Broke? / Brain Teaser / Help A Nairalander Go To The GIST TECH-I Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.