Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,506 members, 7,781,555 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:57 PM

Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) (9430 Views)

Nairaland E-workshop And Nairaland Writers Award: How Do We Improve? / About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* / Nairaland E- Workshop For Writers--Last Day Of 6(OCt5) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 08, 2014
[size=16] Nairaland E-Workshop For Writers[/size]

Here is the link..
https://www.nairaland.com/1897222/nairaland-e-workshop-writers-main#26197134
This is a concept from Lite.
L.I.T.E stands for Living in the truth everyday, a concept that grew in the heart of Divepen..(Lol)
Well Brothers and Sisters, Aunties and Uncles, Mummies and Daddies, it is with a joyful heart I invite you to the E-Workshop
For Writers where we will have great writers teaching us some great skills for writer. Who is This for?
Writers and Aspiring Writers.
DATE 30th september- 5th October, 2014
THEME: PREPARING WRITERS FOR TOMORROW
TIME: 12.00 Noon- 6pm Daily

:
VENUE: Here On Nairaland (
Here is the link
https://www.nairaland.com/1897222/nairaland-e-workshop-writers-main#26197134)
The speakers are :

Larrysun
Whitemosquito
Sammyhoe
Audreytimms
Princesa
Prettyspicey
Davep
kayemjay
Texanomaly
jigsawkillah
Queenxstar
Noble4d
flakkydagirl
TiffanyJ
Missyhorlah
Timpaker
Dorisbest
Repogirl
Kingzpen
Therock5555
Royver
OMA4U
Dammygoody
Rapmike
Dygeasy

[b] Please note the following
1. This thread is the only place you, our guests, are allowed to comment (so as to prevent disorderliness and missing of salient points)
2. If you have any Poem/ short story (not more that 200 words) that you wish to post in the workshop thread,please, make your intention known here , so that I can give you a slot.
Note: A Slot in the event will be given to the first 24 People.
The others will be allowed to post before the event day.
3. Please if you are not given a slot for the other thread, you are not allowed to post there. This is just to have it done orderly

This is the link
https://www.nairaland.com/1897222/nairaland-e-workshop-writers-main#26197134...

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 08, 2014
Suggestions needed...
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by overhypedsteve(m): 7:51pm On Sep 08, 2014
Space booked. Yea na me get am. Divepen this your thread better get head oh.
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 08, 2014
overhypedsteve: Space booked. Yea na me get am. Divepen this your thread better get head oh.
E go get more than Head...
I know wan dey call names..
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by overhypedsteve(m): 7:59pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ok, divepen, i hope you are not angry i booked two spaces, please forgive me, but i have a lot i need to write on the thread.and i am very ready to learn from some of our resident writers, i will prefer if the thread is all about writing tutorials, the inclusion of short stories in the thread will defile the provisions of the literature section frontpage. And long stories will make scrolling an hectic business for those not interested in the story, some viewers may even lost interest and close the thread. I prefer if the thread is used for creating a link network to stories
like this
https://www.nairaland.com/1872011/sunset-ancient-city-benin-overhypedsteve
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 08, 2014
overhypedsteve: Ok, divepen, i hope you are not angry i booked two spaces, please forgive me, but i have a lot i need to write on the thread.and i am very ready to learn from some of our resident writers, i will prefer if the thread is all about writing tutorials, the inclusion of short stories in the thread will defile the provisions of the literature section frontpage. And long stories will make scrolling an hectic business for those not interested in the story, some viewers may even lost interest and close the thread. I prefer if the thread is used for creating a link network to stories
like this
https://www.nairaland.com/1872011/sunset-ancient-city-benin-overhypedsteve

you are free to comment as much as you like here...
Thanx for that...
I'm not praying the thread grace the fp until the last day...
I will tell the mods that..
The short story is will be very shhort...I will correct what I wrote there... Not more than
200 words
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 8:14pm On Sep 08, 2014
Oh,
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by Dygeasy(m): 8:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
Divepen:

you are free to comment as much as you like here...
Thanx for that...
I'm not praying the thread grace the fp until the last day...
I will tell the mods that..
The short story is will be very shhort...I will correct what I wrote there... Not more than
200 words
Please check your mail.
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by Dygeasy(m): 8:18pm On Sep 08, 2014
And I hope you are working with a mod on this. Divepen?
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
Dygeasy: And I hope you are working with a mod on this. Divepen?
since this is not the real thread...
I will have to send the link of that one to them, and I do not think it is wise to open that thread now...
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by Dygeasy(m): 8:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
Divepen:
since this is not the real thread...
I will have to send the link of that one to them, and I do not think it is wise to open that thread now...
Nonetheless. Better to inform one beforehand.
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 08, 2014
Dygeasy: Nonetheless. Better to inform one beforehand.
okay..
This one that people r not responding...Hope we will not start calling names
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by Dygeasy(m): 8:43pm On Sep 08, 2014
Divepen:
okay..
This one that people r not responding...Hope we will not start calling names
The thread is less than an hour old. Give it time. Don't force them. It's either it works out or it doesn't. Either ways we have used this space. Let's hope it goes as hoped. grin
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 08, 2014
Dygeasy: The thread is less than an hour old. Give it time. Don't force them. It's either it works out or it doesn't. Either ways we have used this space. Let's hope it goes as hoped. grin
Thanx...
I've sent a mail to the mods
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by Dygeasy(m): 8:54pm On Sep 08, 2014
Divepen:
Thanx...
I've sent a mail to the mods
I got your mail too.
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by zyzxx(m): 9:09pm On Sep 08, 2014
space booked
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by daveP(m): 10:01pm On Sep 08, 2014
Divepen: [size=16] Nairaland E-Workshop For Writers[/size]

The Link Will Be Made Available soon
L.I.T.E stands for Living in the truth everyday, a concept that grew in the heart of Divepen..(Lol)
Well Brothers and Sisters, Aunties and Uncles, Mummies and Daddies, it is with a joyful heart I invite you to the E-Workshop
For Writers where we will have great writers teaching us some great skills for writer. Who is This for?

:
VENUE: Here On Nairaland ( The Link Will Be Made Available Soon)
The speakers are :

Larrysun
Sammyhoe
Audreytimms
Princesa
Prettyspicey
Davep
kayemjay
Texanomaly
jigsawkillah
Queenxstar
Noble4d
flakkydagirl
TiffanyJ
Missyhorlah
Timpaker
Dorisbest
Repogirl
Kingzpen
Therock5555
Royver
OMA4U
Dammygoody
Rapmike
Dygeasy

1. This thread is the only place you, our guests, are allowed to comment (so as to prevent disorderliness and missing of salient points)
2. If you have any Poem/ short story not more that 1000 words that you will Like to post in the thread please make your intention known here , so that I can give you a slot.
Note: The slot that will be given to the first 24 People who will be given slot for the first the event.
3. Please if you are not given a slot for the other thread, you are not allowed to post there. This is just to have it done orderly

The Link will be made available soon...

erm... Okay (rubs hands) can we get this started asap. And hope its moving with d appropiate 'powers' to make it successful. Lets go!!
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by JigsawKillah(m): 10:02pm On Sep 08, 2014
200 words is better
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by whitemosquito(f): 11:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ok. This should be interesting.. Start up asap.
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by LarrySun(m): 12:24am On Sep 09, 2014
I will only speak my mind, regardless of whoever disapproves.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by Nobody: 2:39am On Sep 09, 2014
LarrySun: I will only speak my mind, regardless of whoever disapproves.
That's what we want bro.
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by PrettySpicey(f): 2:58am On Sep 09, 2014
Seriously this triggered off my scardy pants yesterday, lol.

But it's cool, all a body is asked is to work at its best *winks*

@daveP, why you gotta quote lengthy post all the time *narrows eyes*
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by daveP(m): 3:07am On Sep 09, 2014
PrettySpicey: Seriously this triggered off my scardy pants yesterday, lol.

But it's cool, all a body is asked is to work at its best *winks*

@daveP, why you gotta quote lengthy post all the time *narrows eyes*
only wanted to make them come. (straightens eyes)
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by Iolite(f): 9:40am On Sep 09, 2014
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by lopeoba(f): 9:50am On Sep 09, 2014
hmnnn...at long last.... I guess this was what the roll call and request for some people's email was all about... anyway really looking forward to it.....learning all the way.... divepen, you rock.
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by AudreyTimms(f): 10:34am On Sep 09, 2014
Oowwkkaayy! I'm here. It sounds interesting. I'm game!

@Divepen, do I need to come as a fire breathing dragon or should I reserve that for your thread alone?
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by noble4d(m): 10:44am On Sep 09, 2014
" When a hunter sets a trap using a goat as bait, he does not expect to catch a rabbit".

All I can say is I'm optimistic. Good 1 Bro.

Noble cares smiley
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by dammygoody(m): 11:03am On Sep 09, 2014
OKAY I'm here boss....

Watching out"!!
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by texanomaly(f): 11:51am On Sep 09, 2014
Guys, can you help me out? I'd like some of your input for my piece in the workshop. If you are a poet, why do you write? Thanks smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/1894650/poet-why-write#26150075
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by Olusharp(m): 2:10pm On Sep 09, 2014
Divepen: [size=16] Nairaland E-Workshop For Writers[/size]

The Link Will Be Made Available soon

:
VENUE: Here On Nairaland ( The Link Will Be Made Available Soon)
The speakers are :

Larrysun
Sammyhoe
Audreytimms
Princesa
Prettyspicey
Davep
kayemjay
Texanomaly
jigsawkillah
Queenxstar
Noble4d
flakkydagirl
TiffanyJ
Missyhorlah
Timpaker
Dorisbest
Repogirl
Kingzpen
Therock5555
Royver
OMA4U
Dammygoody
Rapmike
Dygeasy

2. If you have any Poem/ short story not more that 1000 words that you will Like to post in the thread please make your intention known here , so that I can give you a slot.
Note: The slot that will be given to the first 24 People who will be given slot for the first the event.

The Link will be made available soon...

I need slot o
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by D9ty7(m): 3:18pm On Sep 09, 2014
Waiting for those days, so I can lear new things.
Nice innovative @Divepen
Re: Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
AudreyTimms: Oowwkkaayy! I'm here. It sounds interesting. I'm game!

@Divepen, do I need to come as a fire breathing dragon or should I reserve that for your thread alone?
MY THREAD IS ALWAYS OPEN FOR IT..
but I think this is the best time to unleash a part of the fire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

CALL FOR ENTRIES: 2017 Commonwealth Short Prize / Ikeogu Oke Wins 2017 Nlng Prize For Literature / What Literature Books Did You Read In School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.