Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers - Music/Radio (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers (117252 Views)

no / Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers / M.i's Top Ten Nigerian Rappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by slimshay(m): 12:44pm On May 06, 2010
@topic

Genuflect:

DBR, my comment has nothing to do with his death. Da Grin has the best flow in Naija, period!!

haaawwttt!!! grin grin grin
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by eldee(m): 12:45pm On May 06, 2010
DBR:

Stop sayin he has less words to choose from. obviously u do not kno how rich yoruba languaqe is.
I do not recall Ajayi crowther complainin he didnt have enuff yoruba words to translate the entire 788,258 words of the bible!

So are you actually coming here to imply that Yoruba has up to half the word strength of English??
You do know most of the words in the Yoruba Bible were descriptive right??

Words like, Asoromagbesi (radio) and Ero abanisoro (telephone) . . . Yoruba is extremely confined, especially for a modern day application as in the case of rapping.
Even everyday items in Yoruba are described, and you're comparing that to Anglais where the 1,000,000 word mark had already being crushed last year??
The fact that Dagrin could go at par with many other rappers even with this should at least get him some credit . . . come on.

khanye:

Sauron is a chameleon . . . .Today Rugheadman is the best, tommorow is Dagrin, Next tommorow is M.I . . I tire for u.

So because Messi is the best footie player today, we should stop the Ballon D'or and start carting it to his house every year abi??
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by khanye(m): 12:48pm On May 06, 2010
So because Messi is the best footie player today, we should stop the Ballon D'or and start carting it to his house every year abi??

For you M.I is the best rapper . . . KH is making him look like a kid grin
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 12:51pm On May 06, 2010
DBR:

So u rplied to this by sayin:So anywhere any M9's fan says anythin',  u have vowed to stand against it whther u make sense or not Way to go boy!!
HPB no go kill u for mode mata oo. Plus, it takes only a slowpoke sorry i mean Saurone to say M9 is WACK, im sure u didnt mean that  grin grin

Gibberish. . . .

Stop sayin he has less words to choose from. obviously u do not kno how rich yoruba languaqe is.
I do not recall Ajayi crowther complainin he didnt have enuff yoruba words to translate the entire 788,258 words of the bible!
If dagrin didnt feel he's beta off and more competent rappin in yoruba he wldnt dare, that wld be like wearin your
trouser half way to run a race, he's not as dumb as u implyin he is. Plus, he uses english words to so we can say he even has an advantage.
And u just hit the key word: u THINK,

More gibberish. . . .U don't need to type a thousand words to get your message across.
Da Grin raps with Yoruba but what has his language gotta do with his flow? He flows better than Mode-9 and that's as clear as daylight.

U serious? LMAO ~i wonder then why ma own opinion on a subject that has no M9 in it gave u
a fit of congenital epilepsy.
Mongoloid like u shudnt allow hate ruin wat is left of your impaired chromosome.

Yet another heap of applesauce.
Left to Mode-9 fans, he is the best in the rap industry when all i hear are wack lyrics.
The problem is. . . . .Many of you don't even understand what he says. When you nitpick his lyrics, there are obvious flaws in em.
Jupiter and Star. . . .Europe/Belgium. . . .Yeast does rise. . . .WTF?

Is this not it?;
Mo ti jiya ri, Mo ti jale r[/b]i
Die loku eyin [b]somori

Mi ba ti payan ri

u underlined the bold text.
Now saurone, how has that help your sorry case.

Permit me to call you a fool. . . .So Jiya ri, Payan ri and Somori don't rhyme?
Hehehehe, it's the way the words sound that matters not the spelling. . . .This is why Canibus can rhyme with Javelin, Abdomen and Travelling.
Cheese n Rice. . . .Did you skip classes in primary school?

this is pure display of sychophantic ignorance!
Infact, show me the multies wit your so called underlined syllables,~~ im waitin'.
Show me how it even rhymes, or multies aint s'pose to rhyme no more??
The only thing that helped those barz is the ri ri ri that gave it any semblane that some tots went into it to make it rhyme

Allow me to call you a consummate retard once more.
Jiya-ri, Payan-ri and Somori are all tri-syllabic(3 -way syllables).
You on the other hand was quoting biscuit, lipstick, mystique. . . . .Do you grow testicles in your brain cavity?

To think of it that I doubted the authenticity of the scandal that revealed u as a lyrical kleptomaniac ,
but if it takes a "stark illiterate" like me to skool u like this since u kno nxt to nothin bout multies and rhymes,
u must be worse than revealed, plus now im sure u have an excusable reason for "fappin" lyrics grin

I'm sorry for the donor of your Y-chromosomes.
U are a monumental disgrace to their hardwork and the money spent on your child development.
Only a lunatic will say Da Grin's lyrics i quoted weren't classic multis but then what do you know?

Oh puuhleaazeee!, Havent u heard sense makes no sense to an autistic child?
But incase u r gettin better, read ma response above.
Yea yea~~u need to come up wit new vapid statements, this one is tired. Didnt u say that bout the album b4 this, and the one b4 that??~~yet u save up and plan installment payment scheme to cop the next as soon as it's gon drop grin grin
Ma bruv, suck it in,  u'v neva sounded so unsmart in all your NL career life!

Cos your retarded hero keeps declining. His rhyme schemes keep getting worse.
The subject matter is non-existent. No theme, no vocab, no wordplays. Just gibberish rhymes for idiotic listeners like yourself and Dejiariyo.
The last album was 39%, this one is 29%
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by DBR: 12:57pm On May 06, 2010
Flow me ma ndun but emi o gbadun
Bere lowo Ibidun mo dangerous bi Magun

Ti n ba bo ra si hoho, to ba ri kokoro
O ma sare lati ile mi de fola agoro

DBR over to you.
Slimshay~~over to me, as in~~~?
if it's bout the barz; it's witty, nice, decent.
Far beta than wat saurone was hypin in here

to ba wo sole,/ buss stop e loti ma bole/
mi o kin fight fair~ mi kin se oshiomole/
o le bere mole/, ko mo le/  lole/
mo sha mo pe o o ni wo le/---------ponponpon DaGrin

oNe
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by slimshay(m): 12:58pm On May 06, 2010
DBR abeg give Omo Ogun his due, rhyming in Yoruba is quite easy it is however not really as easy as you think to multi-in yoruba and still make sense. For a very good example of this I refer you to Photocop. 9ice really did take it to another level in there.

However the debate really was how good was Da-Grin's flow. I have no doubt he had one of the best flows on the 9ja scene, maybe you could come up with some one else you felt had better.
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by slimshay(m): 1:01pm On May 06, 2010
Sauron, give it up man. DVM does not come near bad in any way at all.
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 1:04pm On May 06, 2010
slimshay:

DBR abeg give Omo Ogun his due, rhyming in Yoruba is quite easy it is however not really as easy as you think to multi-in yoruba and still make sense. For a very good example of this I refer you to Photocop. 9ice really did take it to another level in there.

However the debate really was how good was Da-Grin's flow. I have no doubt he had one of the best flows on the 9ja scene, maybe you could come up with some one else you felt had better.

He had the best flow(no question about it). . . .I have all the relevant rap albums of Naija artistes since 2005 so i know what i am talking about.
Go and listen to the 2nd verse of 'Hola Hola'
I am yet to see any Naija artiste with such tenacity and hunger to cook the mic like he did on that track. Not even M.I. or Ruggedman.

slimshay:

Sauron, give it up man. DVM does not come near bad in any way at all.

Shut up your GAYnner mouth. . . .
One thing i have realised about you twats is the fact that y'all don't even sit down and scour Naija rap albums.
U only listen when Rhythm 93.7 or Raypower plays one or two tracks and then you form a useless opinion based on those 2 tracks.

In all the 22 tracks on that album, only 2 or 3 are decent and that is very poor by my own standard - i dunno about yours.
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by khanye(m): 1:05pm On May 06, 2010
oga ooooo, sauron cant argue without no insult . . . .
'A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient man calms a quarrel' . . . . cool
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 1:07pm On May 06, 2010
khanye:

oga ooooo, sauron cant argue without no insult . . . .
'A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient man calms a quarrel' . . . . cool

Sauron is EVIL. I thunk you knew that before now.
Why the surprise?
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 1:11pm On May 06, 2010
eldee:

+1

Mayneeeeeeee, that track was smoking HAWT!!!!!
It's now ma favourite track on the album followed by 'Thank God' and the one with Bigiano.
Honestly, C.E.O. is like 'Ready To Die'. . . . .U cannot skip any track and there are no useless skits like Mode-9 does to rack up senseless tracks.
Da Grin made 13 effervescent tracks that induce eargasm.

Meanwhile, send me your email so you can download Da Vinci Mode. . . .I wanna read your review.
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by slimshay(m): 1:17pm On May 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

Sauron is EVIL. I thunk you knew that before now.
Why the surprise?

Evils my Arse[size=4pt]nal[/size]. More like internet Luca Brasi grin. Abegi commot for hia!!!

Raypower lipsrsealed grin were they ever hip hop inclined?!

Yet again, I advise, give it up man. Men shouldnt be jealous hate thats a female trait. words of wisdom form my fellow 'gayner' tongue grin
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by eldee(m): 1:19pm On May 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

Mayneeeeeeee, that track was smoking HAWT!!!!!
It's now ma favourite track on the album followed by 'Thank God' and the one with Bigiano.
Honestly, C.E.O. is like 'Ready To Die'. . . . .U cannot skip any track and there are no useless skits like Mode-9 does to rack up senseless tracks.
13 effervescent tracks that induce eargasm.

Meanwhile, send me your email so you can download Da Vinci Mode. . . .I wanna read your review.

The few Modenine songs I've listened to off DVM are not as bad as you make it sound.
It's obvious that Modenine listens to NL and other blogs, because most things that guys have pointed out from his work have been corrected in the songs I heard.

As long as he doesn't do any more M.I impersonations, I'm cool with that.

Send it to elderated@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by DBR: 1:22pm On May 06, 2010
So are you actually coming here to imply that Yoruba has up to half the word strength of English??
You do know most of the words in the Yoruba Bible were descriptive right??

Words like, Asoromagbesi (radio) and Ero abanisoro (telephone) . . . Yoruba is extremely confined, especially for a modern day application as in the case of rapping.
Even everyday items in Yoruba are described, and you're comparing that to Anglais where the 1,000,000 word mark had already being crushed last year??
The fact that Dagrin could go at par with many other rappers even with this should at least get him some credit . . . come on.

Eldee, i wonder how u guys see a truth and u just wanna create tension in it cos it's a lil' bit at variance wit watya think.
U and saurone are the guyz paintin a picture that dagrin cos of his language of rap is  constrained. Im sayin he is not.!

Heck, eedris rhymes in hausa and eno, Nigga raw rhymes in igbo, french, spanish german rappers all do it, so wats the fuss?

Yoruba is the language he's more competent with. plus he still uses english! so wat constrain u talkin bout?
I aint takin anythin from him, cos u guyz are tryna make pple think im anti Grin now.
The fact that the language he uses is even more descriptive is a plus,cos that's wat rapper try to do, paint pictures.
So when a language exist that naturally lends itself to that, is that a restriction or a blessin'??~~ goodness me!!!
Rhymin or multies aint more difficult in yoruba' thats wat im sayin, did he ever say he felt disadvantaged??

oNe
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 1:24pm On May 06, 2010
eldee:

The few Modenine songs I've listened to off DVM are not as bad as you make it sound.
It's obvious that Modenine listens to NL and other blogs, because most things that guys have pointed out from his work have been corrected in the songs I heard.

Obviously. . . .The production was tight but he couldn't match the excellent beats. He was scared to take risks.
U know how some lazy backside rappers attempt to kill a beat and then they pause after 4 secs and he kept doing that over n over again. He's a coward.
The obvious one was 'Rhyme Tight'. . . .One of the best soundtracks ever and Mode-9 kept having hiccups on the track.
Ma dawg, Streetwize woulda done better. grin

His problems were deep-rooted. Nothing to do with impersonations.
Subject matter and vocab were gash.

Send it to elderated@yahoo.co.uk

In few mins. . . I don send am.
Meanwhile, load your itunes page so it can be converted straight to your library.

slimshay:

Evils my Arse[size=4pt]nal[/size]. More like internet Luca Brasi  grin. Abegi commot for hia!!!

U wan die soon? Nor try me o!!!

Raypower  lipsrsealed grin were they ever hip hop inclined?!

Who knows for y'all these days.

Yet again, I advise, give it up man. Men shouldnt be jealous hate thats a female trait. words of wisdom form my fellow 'gayner'  tongue grin

Criticism = Jealousy in Nigeria. . . . .See what i am saying??
99% of Mode-9 fans are stark illiterates.

There's nothing to be jealous of in Mode-9. . . .
He is a failure at what he does, I am not a failure in what i do.
Why should i be jealous of him?
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Genuflect(m): 1:25pm On May 06, 2010
DBR:

Gflex,
dude i kno your statement has nothn to do wit his death.
But alot of guys who didnt think or say much of him b4 the death are all pourin accolades.
And one guy jumped in and said "He's d king cos of the street response to his death"
I kno it aint u. Howeva thats aside. he's beasty on the mic no doubt BUT he doesnt have the best flow in 9ja, menses month!! grin

oNe

Oya DBR, mention some other rappers who have their flows as their strong point like Da Grin.
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by slimshay(m): 1:30pm On May 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

U wan die soon? Nor try me o!!!
Who knows for y'all these days.
Criticism = Jealousy in Nigeria. . . . .See what i am saying??
99% of Mode-9 fans are stark illiterates.
There's nothing to be jealous of in Mode-9. . . .
He is a failure at what he does, I am not a failure in what i do.
Why should i be jealous of him?

See what I mean. grin So which one are you? A friend of mine or A friend of ours grin grin

Dude hate not jealous, note the strike-out in the sentence?! The square one goes into the square hole okaaaay?! grin
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 1:30pm On May 06, 2010
DBR:

Eldee, i wonder how u guys see a truth and u just wanna create tension in it cos it's a lil' bit at variance wit watya think.
U and saurone are the guyz paintin a picture that dagrin cos of his language of rap is  constrained. Im sayin he is not.!

Heck, eedris rhymes in hausa and eno, Nigga raw rhymes in igbo, french, spanish german rappers all do it, so wats the fuss?

Yoruba is the language he's more competent with. plus he still uses english! so wat constrain u talkin bout?
I aint takin anythin from him, cos u guyz are tryna make pple think im anti Grin now.
The fact that the language he uses is even more descriptive is a plus,cos that's wat rapper try to do, paint pictures.
So when a language exist that naturally lends itself to that, is that a restriction or a blessin'??~~ goodness me!!!
Rhymin or multies aint more difficult in yoruba' thats wat im sayin, did he ever say he felt disadvantaged??

Da Grin isn't the first to rap with Yoruba. . . . .Why do Sauron, Eldee, Genuflect and Slimshay think he had the best flow in Africa?
It's about how he delivered, what he said, his wits, his wordplays. . . .The nigga was tantalizingly brilliant.

E bami ji Tolulope
Ko wa bami sope.

So simple yet 99% of Naija rappers can't deploy such wordplays.
All we keep hearing is Jupiter and Star. grin grin grin
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by eldee(m): 1:37pm On May 06, 2010
DBR:

oNe

Of course Yoruba is constrained for hiphop. . . that's a FACT.
Why?? because the word bank is minute compared to English . . . FACT!!!

Hiphop favours people that summarise ideas/stories into short lines while constrained by beats you can't skip.
Guys that rap in Nigerian languages are at a disadvantage in hiphop. . . but Dagrin doing it better than most other rappers is exceptional.
And German, French and Spanish are obviously lightyears more developed than Yoruba or Hausa.

Also, you seem to forget that these artistes are starting something new in Nigeria. . . it's harder for you to rap in Yoruba or Igbo if your influences were Jadakiss, Tupac and what not.
Isn't that the main reason everyone in Nigeria raps with an American accent??
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by kaydee(m): 1:39pm On May 06, 2010
eldee:

M.I impersonations? LWKMD!!!!!!!! U're one incorrigible slowpoke, It's impossible to impersonate M.I,get that into ur 'tabularasa'.

@ DBR

I'll give it to Da Grin in 9ja but lemme hear who U think is better.

@ Sauron
~Sauron~:

Da Grin isn't the first to rap with Yoruba. . . . .Why do Sauron, Eldee, Genuflect and Slimshay think he had the best flow in Africa?
I'll consider Tumi and Proverb for Africa
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 1:41pm On May 06, 2010
kaydee:

@ DBR
I'll give it to Da Grin in 9ja but lemme hear who U think is better.

Another convert. . . .So you also believe Da Grin had the best flow in Naija?
Priceless.

@ SauronI'll consider Tumi and Proverb for Africa

I will look them up. . . . .
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by eldee(m): 1:47pm On May 06, 2010
kaydee:

M.I impersonations? LWKMD!!!!!!!! U're one incorrigible slowpoke,  It's impossible to impersonate M.I,get that into your 'tabularasa'.

And once again you prove the the Yar'adua failed the educational system.
'It's impossible to impersonate M.I' . . .

It's a lose-lose . . . If I try to help your sorry case, Slimshay will say I'm bullying people, if I leave you like that, you'll remain an unrepentant slowpoke for life.

Slimshay, help me out here grin grin
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by slimshay(m): 1:52pm On May 06, 2010
eldee:

And once again you prove the the Yar'adua failed the educational system.
'It's impossible to impersonate M.I' . . .

It's a lose-lose . . . If I try to help your sorry case, Slimshay will say I'm bullying people, if I leave you like that, you'll remain an unrepentant slowpoke for life.

Slimshay, help me out here grin grin

Ha, ko jo. Won o ni koba e o. Like the immortal Gbenga Adeboye said 'Two fighting ni eleyi oh'!!! grin grin
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by kaydee(m): 1:56pm On May 06, 2010
Check Crowd Mentality,that's MI,then any other stuff after that is somebody else,Wayne,Khanye and TI.
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by eldee(m): 2:04pm On May 06, 2010
kaydee:

Check Crowd Mentality,that's MI,then any other stuff after that is somebody else,Wayne,Khanye and TI.

Do you know what you sound like??
'Check Reasonable Doubt, that's Jay-Z . . . every other thing since then is Biggie, hence, it's impossible for anyone to sound like Jay-Z'
'Check Good Riddance, that's Drake, every other thing sice then is Weezy/Kanye . . . it is impossible to sound like Drake'

Now step back and see how silly that actually sound.
Do I think you're capable of that?? Maybe not, but I'll give you the benefit of doubt.
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by DBR: 2:10pm On May 06, 2010
Saurone,
we all have competents,there are those who kick facts, and who are knowledgable on NL.
there are those who result to insult to cover up the shame of their ineptitude at puttin
their brain to work while typin. Now e'rbody knowa u dont belong to the 1st class.
And the more insult u throw just futher butress the point.
We dont expect anythin less from sm1 who's brain wasflused out at birth instead of the placenta.

A klepto u are, comfirmed, molested abusive child. comfirmed; we are bout to see if u a liar too.
tell me Dagrin slanted those words to rhyme, c'mon go ahead lie to d entire NLer.

Call me waeva makes u sleep well at night, it dont change nothin. we used to same tired abuses.
It wont make ur harebrained arguments valid.
And r u so braindead to quit recyclin them
We shud be mournin u tday saurone, not yar'adua,
cos in his last state yar'adua was more intellectually resourceful and competent than u cld eva be.

If "Only a lunatic will say Da Grin's lyrics i quoted weren't classic multis"
It sure take an bubble headed orangutan like u to call it classic.

When i said i was done i meant it, dont grag me back on this issue, just die it. cos ur point is pointless.

oNe
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 2:20pm On May 06, 2010
DBR:

Saurone,
we all have competents,there are those who kick facts, and who are knowledgable on NL.
there are those who result to insult to cover up the shame of their ineptitude at puttin
their brain to work while typin. Now e'rbody knowa u dont belong to the 1st class.
And the more insult u throw just futher butress the point.
We dont expect anythin less from sm1 who's brain wasflused out at birth instead of the placenta.

Don't feel too sore. . . . .Sauron is about telling it as it is.
You have the brain power of a pubic louse. . . .If you think Payan Ri, Jiya R[i/i] and [i]Somori don't rhyme together.
Even ma Yoruba classes told me they all have the same tonations(/do/-/do/-/mi/)
But of course, a goat like you won't grab it. . . . .I am sure you have never heard the song before. . .Your mission is just to lick Mode9's scrotums.

A klepto u are, comfirmed, molested abusive child. comfirmed; we are bout to see if u a liar too.
tell me Dagrin slanted those words to rhyme, c'mon go ahead lie to d entire NLer.

U were the one that was sexually molested by the donor of your Y-chromosomes.
It's no slant rhymes. The words actually rhyme. Are you a retard?
U mean you don't know "Abdomen" and "Javelin" rhyme together? Must every rhyme be Saint, Paint, Taint and Faint?
Like i keep reiterating, complex rhymes are beyond your single digit IQ. U need an IQ booster. grin grin grin

Call me waeva makes u sleep well at night, it dont change nothin. we used to same tired abuses.
It wont make your harebrained arguments valid.
And r u so braindead to quit recyclin them

I don't spare people who set out to be fools.
This is no Nollywood. . . . No one is paying you to be a retard and yet you have made it your objective this lovely Thursday.
Don't you get tired of being a slowpoke all your life?

We shud be mournin u tday saurone, not yar'adua,
cos in his last state yar'adua was more intellectually resourceful and competent than u cld eva be.

NL should be mourning your IDIOCY. . . .
Anyone who says those rhymes are not multis should be killed and have his brains transplanted to guide dogs.

If "Only a lunatic will say Da Grin's lyrics i quoted weren't classic multis"
It sure take an bubble headed orangutan like u to call it classic.

When i said i was done i meant it, dont grag me back on this issue, just die it. cos your point is pointless.

Without any shadow of doubt. . . .Wrong pills were taken when you were in the womb.
It's not humanly possible for anyone(including animals) to be as grossly silly as you are.
We keep asking you to produce another rapper in Naija with multis in their lyrics. . . .and all you could come up with was a 2-way rhyme pattern.

Log off and kill yourself. The world will be a better place withOUT you.
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by DBR: 2:30pm On May 06, 2010
Of course Yoruba is constrained for hiphop. . . that's a FACT.
Why?? because the word bank is minute compared to English . . . FACT!!!

Hiphop favours people that summarise ideas/stories into short lines while constrained by beats you can't skip.
Guys that rap in Nigerian languages are at a disadvantage in hiphop. . . but Dagrin doing it better than most other rappers is exceptional.
And German, French and Spanish are obviously lightyears more developed than Yoruba or Hausa.

Also, you seem to forget that these artistes are starting something new in Nigeria. . . it's harder for you to rap in Yoruba or Igbo if your influences were Jadakiss, Tupac and what not.
Isn't that the main reason everyone in Nigeria raps with an American accent??
FACT? FACT? wat arrogance.
Fact by who?
plssss, all wat u hav said here doesnt change the truth.
If dagrin didnt feel constrained , nobody else's gon tell me contrary.
Summaries, short lines,,wtf, y r u gropin' for a point that doesnt exist.
Now u talkin accent? Must y'all win a discussion at all cost? pppshhh!
16barz aint even a standard no more, dudes are kickin 400.
Dont sell that idea to me, i aint buyin corny merchandise.
The only disadvatage is that of audience. kapishhh!

And i'v been sayin it, y'al shud quit actin like u dont see it,
he doesnt rap exclusively in yoruba, he uses english when he needs(ed) and wants(d) to.
Na wa ooo~~~
oNe
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 2:35pm On May 06, 2010
@ Eldee,

Did the ish download?
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by DBR: 3:14pm On May 06, 2010
Yours is simple an intelligent display of knuckleheadedness.
How dyu set out to make ur self sound intelligent but only succeeded at achieving the opposite with such wide margin.
even tho u were dropped at birth is not enuff an excuse.
Dont take it out on me blame the pedophile nurse in the mental maternity ward who dropped u on ur head.
But then u cant blame her too, she hasnt see a baby with Instruments for head before, she had to molest u.
U gettin frantic, no vex, truth hurts.
. . .If you think Payan Ri, Jiya R[i/i] and [i]Somori don't rhyme together.
Even ma Yoruba classes told me they all have the same tonations(/do/-/do/-/mi/)
Bozo! so any words that share the same tonation automatically rhymes. LMAO
Do u hear urself?? this is what happens when lethargic sperm is mechanically forced to fertilize rotten eggs.
Ur image shud be standn in the dictionary next to slowpoke.

It's no slant rhymes. The words actually rhyme. Are you a retard?
U mean you don't know "Abdomen" and "Javelin" rhyme together? Must every rhyme be Saint, Paint, Taint and Faint?
Like i keep reiterating, complex rhymes are beyond your single digit IQ. U need an IQ booster.

U betta send out dog catcher to go fetch the one that took ur brain thinkin t'was vulture's carcass.
Tell me how Abdomen and Javelin rhymes witout u slantin it~~u r so cluelsess.
It's just a pity u xposin how ignorant u r bout things pple tot u knowlegable bout.

And wat use is 3 or 300 ways syllables if the dont rhyme? Like i said it's d third portion which is the ri ri ri that rhymes.
Insisting the words actually rhyme is the abysmal depth of idiocy.

Told u, stop bringin me back.

oNe
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 3:28pm On May 06, 2010
DBR:

Yours is simple an intelligent display of knuckleheadedness.
How dyu set out to make your self sound intelligent but only succeeded at achieving the opposite with such wide margin.
even tho u were dropped at birth is not enuff an excuse.
Dont take it out on me blame the craddle-robber nurse in the mental maternity ward who dropped u on your head.
But then u cant blame her too, she hasnt see a baby with ittybits for head before, she had to molest u.

I was molested by a woman, you were molested by a man.
Of course, u have the bigger adverse effects. . . . . .No wonder you cannot reason to save a life.

U gettin frantic, no vex, truth hurts.Bozo! so any words that share the same tonation automatically rhymes. LMAO
Do u hear urself?? this is what happens when lethargic spermatozoa is mechanically forced to fertilize rotten eggs.
your image shud be standn in the dictionary next to slowpoke.

The whole world is laughing at you. . . . .
This poof is still arguing Javelin and Abdomen don't rhyme. . . . .Christ Almighty.
I am yet to see a bigger fuckwit.

U betta send out dog catcher to go fetch the one that took your brain thinkin t'was vulture's carcass.
Tell me how Abdomen and Javelin rhymes witout u slantin it~~u r so cluelsess.
It's just a pity u xposin how ignorant u r bout things pple tot u knowlegable bout.

Slanting what? U think Abdomen is pronounced the way you use village accent to pronounce it?
FFS, grow a pair.
Abdomen n Javelin and Travellin rhyme wella. . . . .Not your simple basic rhyme structure but it RHYMES perfectly.
Of course. . . .a goat like you won't decipher such.

And wat use is 3 or 300 ways syllables if the dont rhyme? Like i said it's d third portion which is the ri ri ri that rhymes.
Insisting the words actually rhyme is the abysmal depth of idiocy.

Told u, stop bringin me back.

Foolish Arrow. . . . .Who says all the words in multies must rhyme?

In two syllable multies (wu-tang, blue-flame), of course, either syllables will rhyme, or it wouldn't be a multie!
However, in three syllables, it is usually the first and last syllable rhyme (stomp-his-back, drop-the-bats, cocking-macs).
You can variate on this, such as (babbling, travelling, abdomen, javelin, snatching-men).
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by DBR: 4:13pm On May 06, 2010
a bigger fuckwit? Get a mirror, even wit a reverse side of a microscope u r a much bigger schlepper.
I've said they shud war against bestiality, cos when a diseased cow crossbreeds wit semi humanoid
U have a stubborn chowderhead like u.

i tot u had hope, but u gettin more retarded every key u punch.
Stil your deflated ego wldnt still letya kno the best thing is to stop typin
if i ever see u show up on rap thread again with all the atrocious statement u makin bout
multies and rhymes na pelt we go pelt u, u are a disgrace NL writers.

. . . .Who says all the words in multies must rhyme?

In two syllable multies (wu-tang, blue-flame), of course, either syllables will rhyme, or it wouldn't be a multie!
However, in three syllables, it is usually the first and last syllable rhyme (stomp-his-back, drop-the-bats, cocking-macs).

Next time u go stealin comments try and read them b4 postin. cos u drillin hole in your already sinkin boat.
Only 1st and last rhymes chei, this boy, who do u like this??
well,at least we makin progress, u now agree they must rhyme.

stomp his back
drop the bats
cocking macs

If u do not see that every word in these linez rhyme then i'l conclude your egg was fertilized in saw dust.
But seriously why dyu have to reveal to us that u got ashes of goat feces for brain?

I advice u again, stop bringin me back.

@topic
to better thing jare~~
M.i's tribute is simply beautiful'
y'all can check it on notjustok.

HipHop General, New School Icon!
I know where you are now, you just turned the Mic on!
M.I End of Time(tribute to dagrin)

oNe

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (51) (Reply)

Music: P-square - Double Trouble Full Album Download / Damino Damoche Shot Dead At LASU Gate / Full List Of Radio Stations In Nigeria, Frequency, Location And Address

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.