Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Prevent Your bosoms From Saggin - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Prevent Your bosoms From Saggin (1334 Views)

Staring At Women’s Bosoms Makes Men Live Longer And Healthier- Dr. Karen / How To Keep Your bosoms Firm / Squeezing Bosoms "Can Stop Cancer" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prevent Your bosoms From Saggin by Durchess(f): 6:09am On Sep 09, 2014
keep it Firm: Prevent Your Boobs From Sagging
Time and a pesky little thing called gravity are working against us, and none of us are looking forward to the day when what used to be firm and bouncy starts feeling loose and droopy. While we know saggy boobs are in all of our eventual futures (hopefully our far, far-away futures), we’re still fighting back. We can stave off the sagging for a few extra years by giving our girls the support they deserve today!

What causes saggy boobs?

According to Dr. Fardad Farouzanpour, a plastic surgeon and founder of Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgical group, sagging is based in biology.

“Breasts are composed of fat cells, milk ducts, milk glands, and Cooper’s ligaments,” he explains. “As women age, milk glands in the breasts are replaced with fat tissue [that has] less support.” While he says that breasts can sag at any age, he adds, “Most females do not experience sagging during their teenage years or early twenties unless their breasts are extremely large [or] the person is obese.”

Sagging isn’t purely biological, however. Dr. Farouzanpour notes that a number of external factors can speed up the process. In addition to genetics and the stretching of the skin and the Cooper’s ligaments, he cites “gravity, weight gain and weight loss, pregnancy, certain sports that can cause the breasts to bounce, and possibly cigarette smoking” as key factors behind the boob droop.

How to prevent the boob droop

1. Wear a supportive sports bra

Dr. Farouzanpour says a snug sports bra is the key to maintaining firmness. “[A supportive sports bra] can prevent the skin and ligaments from stretching,” he explains. “Women with larger breasts [especially] should wear more supportive bras to prevent the breasts from bouncing while jogging.” Bouncing only puts more strain on our skin.

The definition of support goes beyond simply preventing the boobs from flying in our face mid-workout. Look for sports bras with adjustable straps, inner seaming that circles the sides and bottom of the breast, and cup size differentiation (rather than just XS-XXL). If it’s thin, flimsy, and unstructured, chuck it in the trash.

2. Know your bra size

Most ladies don’t realize that they aren’t wearing the right bra. You could chalk it up to the fact that we’re focused on more important things. 80% of women are wearing the wrong bra size. It would be one thing if incorrect bra sizing only resulted in mild discomfort, but it turns out that the right bra can keep our boobs perkier longer.

For the same reasons that they recommend a supportive sports bra, Dr. Farouzanpour and Rebecca Jennings, CEO of the plus size lingerie company Hips & Curves, stress that the support of a properly fitted bra is our first line of defence against sagging. According to Jennings, the best way to ensure your bra is cupping your breasts correctly is to have a professional fitting, which is free at any lingerie store and major department stores .

“Lifestyle [and] weight or health changes all can affect the type of bra that’s perfect for you,” notes Jennings. Your sizing could change over time without you even knowing it, so you should be fitted by a professional periodically to make sure that you’re still sporting the right fit. “Definitely don’t ignore your bra [sizings] for more than six months to a year,” advises Jennings.

a. An ill-fitting bra “may slide up in the back or the cup may have some gaps. Both are signs that the bra is too big,

b. You know a bra is too small if your breasts spill out the sides or the band is uncomfortably tight.

c.  Another easy way to tell is by pulling your bra away from your back. If it stretches more than two inches away from your skin, you need a smaller size.

3. Don’t Smoke

As if you didn’t have enough reasons to stay away from cigarettes before, we’re giving you another that you probably hadn’t considered: your boobs! “Smoking… can also cause stretching of the breast tissue,” Dr. Farouzanpour elaborates. “So, [this is a] no-no if a woman wants to prevent her breasts from sagging.”

“Smoking breaks down a protein in the skin called elastin, which gives youthful skin its elastic appearance and supports the breast.”

4. Protect the boobs from UV rays

Sunburns are never any fun, no matter what part of your body they’re affecting. The good news is that most burns fade within a few days. The bad news is that if that burn happened to be on the undersides of your breasts, you’re more likely to have droopy boobs down the line.

One of the four scary truths you didn’t know about going tanning is that when UV light from a tanning bed (or sunshine from a topless afternoon by the pool) hits the sensitive, rarely-exposed skin on your breasts, it burns it far too quickly. Like all sunburns, it damages your skin cells and negatively affects elasticity, causing the tissue to wrinkle earlier in life. Lather on the sunscreen and always cover up your breasts while tanning.

5. Maintain a stable weight

Another major cause of breast sagging is weight fluctuation. “Weight gain associated with the consumption of alcohol and junk food” – i.e., weight gain from an unhealthy diet rather than weight gain from muscle-building exercise – “can also cause stretching of the breast tissue,” Dr. Farouzanpour elaborates.

While muscle building makes you heavier, it doesn’t affect your breast tissue (which is why, sadly, no specific exercise or workout will keep your breasts firm and tight). Weight in the form of body fat, however, does affect breast size.

Unfortunately, our bodies often times change without our say-so, so the best we can do is to stay consistent with healthy eating habits and exercise (with a supportive sports bra, of course!). The stretching and shrinking that accompanies weight fluctuations adds to the strain on your skin and ligaments (think of stretch marks), so it’s best to steer clear of fatty foods and fad and crash diets (which are bad for more than just our boobs, anyway).

Unfortunately, Dr. Farouzanpour says there is no one diet or vitamin that is known to keep the girls firmly in place, so we’re trusting our healthy instincts..

“The way your curves change at any given age really depends on body type, lifestyle and heredity,” concludes Jennings. “What’s most important throughout our lives is to love and embrace them!” We love our perky boobs today and we’ll love them just as much when they’re starting to sag (we swear!). There’s nothing wrong with delaying that droopy day, though. Slap on a sports bra; get yourself fitted for support; and keep your skin from stretching by ditching the butts, the tanning beds, and the Big Macs.

keep It firm
How do you keep your boobs firm?
I wear a sports bra I know my bra size I don't smoke I protect my boobs from Uv-ray I maintain a stable weight
Re: Prevent Your bosoms From Saggin by megafox: 6:19am On Sep 09, 2014
I think this article would be helpful. Sincerely, i did not read all before commenting first.
Re: Prevent Your bosoms From Saggin by Durchess(f): 6:33am On Sep 09, 2014
smiley
Re: Prevent Your bosoms From Saggin by Nobody: 6:50am On Sep 09, 2014
sweetheart thanks so much for this piece

mods fp

#team arise and shine boobi!!!!
Re: Prevent Your bosoms From Saggin by Baddo101(m): 6:51am On Sep 09, 2014
"enlightening" but how will i tell my boss say her bosom dey fall.... hope say dem no go fire me for lookery?...............
Re: Prevent Your bosoms From Saggin by MabraO: 9:30am On Sep 09, 2014
[b]If the boobs dey sagg/fall na to buy shuck absorber na that will hold it firmly]/b]
Re: Prevent Your bosoms From Saggin by Durchess(f): 12:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
MabraO: [b]If the boobs dey sagg/fall na to buy shuck absorber na that will hold it firmly]/b]
Lolzzzz ur not serious
Re: Prevent Your bosoms From Saggin by Obinoscopy(m): 10:02pm On Sep 09, 2014
OP breast sorry source please.
Re: Prevent Your bosoms From Saggin by corisande: 10:40pm On Sep 09, 2014
smiley
Re: Prevent Your bosoms From Saggin by passionate88: 12:02pm On Oct 27, 2014
Some 26 year old boooobs dn fall finish, e come flat join sef with small veins and stretch marks.. Yuck angryangryangry

(1) (Reply)

How Dogs Ate Boy Alive....! / How To Get Bigger Butt In 28 Days / Little Known Ways To Burn Ugly Belly Fat FAST

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.