Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,007 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit (1265 Views)

MY BROTHER IS Cheating On His Wife / Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum / Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by darisgod(m): 8:22am On Sep 09, 2014
Just wondering why some men cheat like it's their legal right.

When the wife seek for advice all she get is "always pray to God,be submissive etc....

But when a woman is caught

Mhen!!!!

All hell is loose, no advice for the man

Na family meeting

Anyway just wondering
Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by ChildofChukwu(m): 8:27am On Sep 09, 2014
I think it's more of a habit, but it can also be spiritually motivated. Most people say they'll stop cheating when they get married but the truth is "old habits die hard".
Faithfulness in relationships should be practiced with discipline until mastered, long before marriage. You don't learn to shoot at the war front.

8 Likes

Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 09, 2014
There's nothing like spiritual thing.

Most African are religious fanatics and always ascribe everything as being spiritual.

As for this;
darisgod: Just wondering why some men cheat like it's their legal right.
When the wife seek for advice all she get is "always pray to God,be submissive etc...
But when a woman is caught
Mhen!!!!
All hell is loose, no advice for the man
Na family meeting
Anyway just wondering

It can only be found in Africa with their cave mind mentality and nothing more.

Even with their so-called Religion fanaticsm, hypocrisy reigns superior in them. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 09, 2014
I believe cheating is a choice, not a mistake or a spiritual thing..

3 Likes

Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by MizMyColi(f): 10:39am On Sep 09, 2014

First it's psychological
Then it's a choice.

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by Kanwulia: 10:49am On Sep 09, 2014
Hmmmmmm

NL and the curse of NIGERIAN marriages! grin
Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by plaetton: 7:22pm On Sep 09, 2014
We ignore truths and then are confused when the falsehoods confound us.

The truth is that we are darwinian creatures. Men and women are different biologically , socially and psychologically.
To understand ourselves , we need to understand animal behavior.

We are not divine beings ,but are simply supped up and glorified animals with the same darwinian impulses as all other creatures.

What I am trying to say is that men are polygamous by nature.
Women always tend to kick against this idea because it leaves them in disadvantaged position in the social setting.
That is quite understandable.

Now, society, especially western societal norms, force us to pretend and practice monogamy .
We do try our very best, but nature always seem to prevail in the majority of the circumstances.

It is true that a man can, of his own freewill, decide not to cheat. Ok.
But it is a very very long shot that require an extra-ordinary willpower and sacrifice that most of us don't have.

For how long can man, I mean any man on earth, stay faithful to one partner ?
For some, its a few days, for others, a few weeks, a few months, even stretching a few years.
Anything after that is a miracle.

So, for men, it is not a matter of if you will cheat, but how you do it and still protect and preserve the integrity of those that you love or claim to love.

Truth is bitter, but someone has to say it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by Kanwulia: 7:24pm On Sep 09, 2014
So, for men, it is not a matter of if you will cheat, [size=20pt]but how you do it and still protect and preserve the integrity of those that you love or claim to love.[/size]

Amen! The difference between yeye and beta cheats! grin
Hear ye!
Hear ye!

Stop taking fake vows of misery! grin
Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by Godmystrength: 11:06am On Sep 10, 2014
plaetton: Truth is bitter, but someone has to say it.
shocked shocked where is the truth?
Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by crackhaus: 11:30am On Sep 10, 2014
Godmystrength: shocked shocked where is the truth?
The truth by my reckoning is that everyone can cheat given the right time, place, setting, and atmosphere.

Heck it takes only two of those criteria before most people cheat...but for the more conservative and faithful person, when all four criteria are met & in the presence of someone they admire even just as little as 1/10th, he/she would most likely give in.

The only thing that stops people from expressing themselves sexxually and giving in to their intimate desires is the negativity associated with it. These include ethics, laws, religion...etc.
Trust me, both men and women are polygamous by nature, society just lets men get away with it more...

@OP, it's not a spiritual thing neither is it habit. It is HUMAN NATURE.
Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by izaray(f): 11:42am On Sep 10, 2014
plaetton: We ignore truths and then are confused when the falsehoods confound us.

The truth is that we are darwinian creatures. Men and women are different biologically , socially and psychologically.
To understand ourselves , we need to understand animal behavior.

We are not divine beings ,but are simply supped up and glorified animals with the same darwinian impulses as all other creatures.

What I am trying to say is that men are polygamous by nature.
Women always tend to kick against this idea because it leaves them in disadvantaged position in the social setting.
That is quite understandable.

Now, society, especially western societal norms, force us to pretend and practice monogamy .
We do try our very best, but nature always seem to prevail in the majority of the circumstances.

It is true that a man can, of his own freewill, decide not to cheat. Ok.
But it is a very very long shot that require an extra-ordinary willpower and sacrifice that most of us don't have.

For how long can man, I mean any man on earth, stay faithful to one partner ?
For some, its a few days, for others, a few weeks, a few months, even stretching a few years.
Anything after that is a miracle.

So, for men, it is not a matter of if you will cheat, but how you do it and still protect and preserve the integrity of those that you love or claim to love.

Man God 4give our men

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by Acidosis(m): 12:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
People cheat at will because they believe no penalty is ascribed to cheating husbands/wives. No matter how hard your d**k is, at the sound of AIDS or ebola, your thing will become flacid like a deflated tyre.

In the same vein, those who really fear God (not hypocrites and non-believers) who truly believe a punishment awaits cheats would never be found cheating.

We also have generational cheats (spiritual); these sets cheat because their great grandparents -- grandparents -- parents (in that order) are chronic cheats; only those who break the chain (spiritual) can avoid this tree - it's a family tree.
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by Acidosis(m): 12:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
FrancisTony: There's nothing like spiritual thing.

Most African are religious fanatics and always ascribe everything as being spiritual.

As for you this

It can only be found in Africa with their cave mind mentality and nothing more.

Even with their so-called Religion fanaticsm, hypocrisy reigns superior in them. undecided

You non-believers are always quick in exposing your ignorance. How many countries have you lived in to come up with that warp conclusion?
What is your definition of religion? Church?

What is your definition of hypocrisy?

Are you aware we have only 3 african countries (1. Ghana, 2. Nigeria, 8. Kenya) on the list of 10 most religious countries in world?

The young man only made his points known. Post yours and move on

2 Likes

Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
Acidosis:

You non-believers are always quick in exposing your ignorance. How many countries have you lived in to come up with that warp conclusion?

- I am not a non-believer. I can describe myself as a free-thinking theist/deist. Gerrit? undecided

What is your definition of religion? Church?

Religion is guided by certain dogma which must be obeyed fervently by its/her member or face consequence.

What is your definition of hypocrisy?

Check google. undecided

Are you aware we have only 3 african countries (1. Ghana, 2. Nigeria, 8. Kenya) on the list of 10 most religious countries in world?

None of the country are performing well.

BTW, my point ain't about being religious but living in hypocrisy.

Like OP stated about how women would be treated when they cheat unlike men.

I am sure the 'others' are muslim dominated country(ies) probably in Arab nation.

The young man only made his points known. Post yours and move on

I stated mine also. Post yours and move on.
Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by herald9: 12:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
FrancisTony:

- I am not a non-believer. I can describe myself as a free-thinking theist/deist. Gerrit? undecided
Francis!

since when? shocked
Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
herald9:
Francis!

since when? shocked

You sure know what a 'deist/theist' mean?
Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by herald9: 12:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
FrancisTony:

You sure know what a 'deist/theist' mean?

my surprise is about the 'deist'

sure u do believe in ur Catholic doctrines... you can't be a deist
Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 10, 2014
herald9:

my surprise is about the 'deist'

sure u do believe in ur Catholic doctrines... you can't be a deist

That's why I still put theist.
Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by Acidosis(m): 1:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
FrancisTony:
In other words, there is no principle guiding your actions. You can decide to cheat on your wife when you deem fit, since you didn't sign a no-cheat contract, right?
By free-thinking, I want to believe you can also bring home a 2nd wife at will.

Religion is guided by certain dogma which must be obeyed fervently by its/her member or face consequence.
Do you practise religion?
If yes, why then do you insult Africans for being religious?

None of the country are performing well.
People do not practice religion to "perform." That's where you missed it. Hold your government responsible for performance level. Besides, this is about cheats. I don't have statistics on cheating levels.

BTW, my point ain't about being religious but living in hypocrisy.
Like OP stated about how women would be treated when they cheat unlike men.
I am sure the 'others' are muslim dominated country(ies) probably in Arab nation.
It has nothing to do with hypocrisy. A cheating married woman would even be condemned more by her own children. Women (themselves) feel more guilt. [/quote]

I stated mine
The question remains: is cheating a spiritual thing or a habit?
Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by herald9: 1:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
FrancisTony:

That's why I still put theist.
What about the 'free thinking '

You can't be 'free-thinking' when you are neck deep in a doctrine.... can you?
Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 10, 2014
Its all in the mind. nothing spiritual at all.

people who cheat take time to plan the deed.

You as an individual should know what you want, to stick or not to stick to a cheating partner.

for me, its either its over, i move to the next one or not. I have no patience, sampling and secretly planning to screw some other guy.

i love my tool same size. smiley

if there will be change in size, i got to condition my mind to it.
Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2014
herald9:
What about the 'free thinking '

You can't be 'free-thinking' when you are neck deep in a doctrine.... can you?

I am not guided by any doctrine. I am just a church goer.

BTW, I attend a 'protestant' church not 'Catholic.
Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by Acidosis(m): 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
Chillisauce: Its all in the mind. nothing spiritual at all.

people who cheat take time to plan the deed.

You as an individual should know what you want, to stick or not to stick to a cheating partner.

for me, its either its over, i move to the next one or not. I have no patience, sampling and secretly planning to screw some other guy.

i love my tool same size. smiley

if there will be change in size, i got to condition my mind to it.

How would you advice those who do not have the strength for consecutive relocations?

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
Acidosis:
In other words, there is no principle guiding your actions. You can decide to cheat on your wife when you deem fit, since you didn't sign a no-cheat contract, right?
By free-thinking, I want to believe you can also bring home a 2nd wife at will.

I am not an atheist. I don't know whether I should describe myself as a deist or free-thinking theist.
Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by herald9: 1:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
FrancisTony:

I am not guided by any doctrine. I am just a church goer.

BTW, I attend a 'protestant' church not 'Catholic.
Lolz...
lemme pretend I've not been seeing you in Catholic threads...
You have not celebrated the Holy Mary bullshiiit
Nd you've not shared a Catholic post this morning...

Mr Peter... I feel yougrin
Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
herald9:
Lolz...
lemme pretend I've not been seeing you in Catholic threads...
You have not celebrated the Holy Mary bullshiiit
Nd you've not shared a Catholic post this morning...

Mr Peter... I feel yougrin

Just say you don't know anything about me. undecided undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/1464338/thread-catholics/190#26090293
Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2014
Is the combination of both,first it will be habit,then later turn spiritual,when the man will become possessed,then it will become difficult to control.

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by simplyOJ(m): 3:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
There is nothing spiritual about the man that cheat on his wife but rather a habit learnt over time. It is a thing of the mind. The flesh would always crave to be satisfied; the man is not under any obligation to satisfy its cravings. The difference between the men that cheat and those that dont is SELF CONTROL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by apolonius(m): 5:36pm On Sep 10, 2014
Well,all bad things including habits come from the devil we have been told.smiley

Of course,both men and women must learn to truly love; a cheating appetite is subdued by this.
Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by darisgod(m): 7:52pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ummmm
Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by Mintayo(m): 1:22am On Sep 11, 2014
Ojukokoro. Lack of self-control. Covetousness. Etc. All these are works of the flesh,lol. The word cheating is "mind-playing".
If you say adultery and fornication? Those two are bros and sis,and they are spiritual.
Re: Is Cheating A Spiritual Thing Or A Habit by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
have u heard of the spirit of wodom.... it works with the flesh. it forces you to engage in all immoral acts from lust ,masturbation to cheating. not seen in men alone but also in women , thats why we have prostitutes.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerian Fathers Egoistic About Going To Take Food In The Kitchen? / Is This Right? / How To Restore A Broken Relationship And Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.