Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,280 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University (57425 Views)

5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic / 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 / 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 09, 2014
As an employer, first draw candidates are from institutions existing before 1980.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by amichaelz101(m): 9:59am On Sep 09, 2014
Now am waitin for 6 reasons u shudnt attend a pulic/federal uni.
1) Cultism
2)....
3).....
4).....
5).....
Fill in the gap pls

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Eneze1(f): 9:59am On Sep 09, 2014
chidamysy: k
eemalex: story
oleary: .
sauceny: .
benjichuks: .

space booking in progress
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by tempest01(m): 9:59am On Sep 09, 2014
I attended iuo, all the qualities you listed there are present the only one I can say you are correct is the cost

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 09, 2014
All ur reasons are so poor.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 09, 2014
The only reason why I didn't attend na...NO MONEY!

8 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by arabbunkum: 10:00am On Sep 09, 2014
You have succeeded in promoting private universities because all your reasons here are all crap.

7 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Lilimax(f): 10:00am On Sep 09, 2014
Private or Public University, the most important thing is to face your studies;
the primary reason for you to be in school.

However,I still prefer Public universities smiley

2 Likes

Ounpe...........If I hear say I no attend if sponsor dey

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by opella(f): 10:00am On Sep 09, 2014
Also some companies don't accept graduates from private universities.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Egomah(m): 10:01am On Sep 09, 2014
And this made front page? My gowd! What a shame

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 09, 2014
Very soon Nigerians will be compelled to go to private universities, sebi you no longer want to send your wards to public primary and secondary schools? Na small small.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 09, 2014
Nice writeup anyway. Private schools are meant only for the rich where you find sons and daughters of Dangote, Bill Gates etc. Cant imagine myself being restricted to some kind of uniform after passing through that in 6yrs in sec school. Well fed uni get im own disadv also.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by swaystunna(m): 10:02am On Sep 09, 2014
Truu
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by tuasefemi(m): 10:03am On Sep 09, 2014
I will not be surprised to see the counter thread of this thread before the end of this day.
Proud to be a product of a public university though... GREAT UNIBEN

8 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Ndababa(m): 10:03am On Sep 09, 2014
OP should know that majority of those that went to private universities are out there engaged n working as opposed to the many graduates of public schools.

I'm a product of public school by the way, ABU to be specific!

7 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by JadeWilliam(f): 10:04am On Sep 09, 2014
I will always choose good private schools over govt schools. Frm facilities to safety.

Private schools have less cult activities&have good hostels&learning facilities. And most especially, no strike action.

Inshort d benefits of going 2a private sch are plenty. I can't list dem right now cos I'm heading out.

9 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 09, 2014
[size=14pt]where are my covenant University fellas?[/size] grin grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by davidflipcy(m): 10:06am On Sep 09, 2014
All what you said @ OP are not all true
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by nickz(m): 10:06am On Sep 09, 2014
bulls1t angry angry.............na private uni. boys dey suffer konji pas i swear grin grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 09, 2014
Hmmmm.and u expect those from private universities to remain quiet with all these allegations?i just hope they won't bomb nairaland one day.#AvenueForBeefing

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by mentorandfriend(m): 10:07am On Sep 09, 2014
Ever heard the saying that "Great institutions dont make great people" ? Truth is that opinions will always be divided on this issue. I prefer a Federal University though. Proudly an alumnus of one. No regrets at all.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by dayosaurus(m): 10:08am On Sep 09, 2014
Lol.. you can't blame the rich.. it's some form of apartheid.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by rill: 10:09am On Sep 09, 2014
Patiently awaiting a counter thread
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by dayosaurus(m): 10:11am On Sep 09, 2014
JadeWilliam: I will always choose good private schools over govt schools. Frm facilities to safety.

Private schools have less cult activities&have good hostels&learning facilities. And most especially, no strike action.

Inshort d benefits of going 2a private sch are plenty. I can't list dem right now cos I'm heading out.

DID I HEAR You say FACILITIES?. Babe go d sleep. Asides safety private schools are crap.. their lecturers are part time lecturers. Imagine a Msc holder being the HOD of a department in JABU. Pathetic, even in yabatech that is impossible not to talk of a uni

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by mentorandfriend(m): 10:13am On Sep 09, 2014
Even for secondary school, I still prefer a public school to a private school; i'm talking of Federal Government Colleges. I went to one. All my children will go to an FGC. In my days, I curiously discovered that every year when I qualify for National competitions from my state, it is usually FGCs that also qualify from their states to meet us at the National grande finalle, despite all the private schools making noise up and down town, with their exhorbitant school fees on top.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by mimicue(f): 10:14am On Sep 09, 2014
Trash..
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by eddyj36(m): 10:14am On Sep 09, 2014
wey federal an state schools no gree admit ppl nko embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Sagamite(m): 10:14am On Sep 09, 2014
@topic

What a pile of junk!

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by eemalex(m): 10:15am On Sep 09, 2014
Eneze1:

space booking in progress
Na Sky I book

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) / Lady Mocked By Her Friends Who Graduated Before Her, 2 Years Later This Happened / NUC Lists Universities Approved For Postgraduate Programmes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.