Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University (57424 Views)

5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic / 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 / 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nsonaso(m): 10:53am On Sep 09, 2014
pgidex: Na book dem send u go read nor b 2 go catch fun u hear tongue

If you've known the meaning of University in Igbo, you wouldn't have said so

It's is called MAHADUM = MARA HA DUM (learn/know them all)

In life you're supposed to know both the good and bad... And then make your choice

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by omona10: 10:58am On Sep 09, 2014
Top Reasons Why You Must Attend Private Uni. And Why Yo Musn't Attend www.nairaland.com/1894554/top-reasons-why-must-attend
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by sarutobie(m): 11:02am On Sep 09, 2014
is there anyway we can guage the Intelligence Quotient of the Mods on this forum before assigning them the tasks as moderators? how can such moronic post make it to the frontpage?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 09, 2014
nawahoo: Your points are so unfounded and is bereft of logical reasoning. You have a poverty mentality. Why don't you send your wards or encourage your family members to send their wards to public primary and secondary schools so that they can be "exposed" to life and have a first hand experience in "struggling"

Na inferiority complex dey worry you. You need to go back to schoool or stay back in school to develop some logical reasoning. Ode!

hey shut up there joor. What's wrong about the OP's comment? I'm sure ur one of those private university students or maybe you graduated from one because its apparent in ur reply. Sentiments apart, public universities are way better than private universities and they have an upper hand in the labour market. Just imagine the total number of first class students a private univeRsity can produce alone in one academic year. They can be up to hundreds and majority of them will struggle to make that same first class in a public university. The OP didn't create this thread for shallow minded people. If you can't reason the truth well, hells gate is opened solely for you. Ur free to go to hell.

6 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by EldaTimba(m): 11:06am On Sep 09, 2014
Why do u go to university? U attend a tertiary institution mainly to be employed or to employ others. Private university graduate are better off in this aspect. U might find the searching for jobs but they are few compared to public uni. If u get money and u no wan go private, pass me the money may I help u spend am. #irepFUTA

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Sweetlemon(f): 11:07am On Sep 09, 2014
It is only Christian Universities that have such strict laws.

Secular private schools have all the freedom of public schools. Only difference is that cultism, harassment from lecturers and other vices are at the barest minimum in private schools.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by legendsilver(m): 11:07am On Sep 09, 2014
lilprinze: I noticed that most of the students who attend private universities are people who were denied or not given admission into public university or people who did not have a very good result so they have or had no choice other than to go to private Universities half bread is better than none.

This comment kills it all cheesy grin
Proudly public school pikin, from nursery-»primary-»secondary-»university.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by p2t2r(m): 11:08am On Sep 09, 2014
OP...speak for yourself, not all private universities are the same. Coz you hear there force students to the chapel in madonna and caritas, u think all private schools are the same That's one big fat lie mehn.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by p2t2r(m): 11:11am On Sep 09, 2014
OP...speak for yourself, not all private universities are the same. Coz you hear there force students to the chapel in madonna and caritas, u think all private schools are the same That's one big fat lie mehn...and for the record, nobody finds it easy in school. Nobody. No matter the school.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Pasca07: 11:14am On Sep 09, 2014
Afghanistan:
hey shut up there joor. What's wrong about the OP's comment? I'm sure ur one of those private university students or maybe you graduated from one because its apparent in ur reply. Sentiments apart, public universities are way better than private universities and they have an upper hand in the labour market. Just imagine the total number of first class students a private univeRsity can produce alone in one academic year. They can be up to hundreds and majority of them will struggle to make that same first class in a public university. The OP didn't create this thread for shallow minded people. If you can't reason the truth well, hells gate is opened solely for you. Ur free to go to hell.
upper hand in labour market?from your comment i can deduced a sign of frustration and inferiority complex.So u mean their are lot of jobless private university graduates than public ones?go to the street and see how public universities graduates are roaming the street without jobs........

8 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by butanep(m): 11:19am On Sep 09, 2014
Op you are very correct. Private university is like advanced secondary school. Most of them always wish, they attend a public university because of the monotonous life they live there. Schools where lecturers beg students to learn and where they monitor you if you are still reading or have slept.
Private university life is so boring i must confess because some secondary schools are even more social and fun-filled than them. for me it is for those that were not opportune to gain admission in public...

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by benjichuks(m): 11:19am On Sep 09, 2014
Afghanistan:
You can as well do yourself a favour by sharing it as a miracle in church next week sunday.......mumu pikin.

Yea d beefing na... Is this jealousy or what?
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 09, 2014
But to be sincere, most private university students/graduates are just utterly stupid,
Sorry to say that.
And they know they are..........acdemically stupid,physically stupid,brain stupidity and lastly socially stupid.
Infact they are just 'dumb'..........i don't know why the nigerian government/ministry of education allowed private ownership of universities in the country.
For shit's sake the private universities produces mostly dumb niggaz and its painful......Government should as a matter of urgency revoke/abolish the law that provides for the private ownership of universities in nigeria.........
Private universities= Home of dumbness!
I'm outta here before they crucify me or burn me to death......*SPITS*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Maser: 11:22am On Sep 09, 2014
Again, Commonsense turned on its head. CRAAAP!
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by p2t2r(m): 11:23am On Sep 09, 2014
I look at the things that make front page this days, and I ask myself.....How manage

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by WoodcrestMayor(m): 11:24am On Sep 09, 2014
@bolded na life or na suffer head undecided
dryakson:

5. Hard work is compulsory

Students in public universities have work​ed​ through exceptional odds to succeed; challenges that
help one not take life for granted. Imagine a department of over a thousand students with a very
small lecture hall or a lecturer who spends only twenty minutes in a class where he is meant to
spend two hours, or one who only gives handouts
. Faced with issues like these, students work
extra hard to come out with well-deserved results.
https://m.premiumtimesng.com/arts-entertainment/167863-6-reasons-%e2%80%8byou-shouldnt-attend-a-private-university.html

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by p2t2r(m): 11:26am On Sep 09, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: But to be sincere, most private university students/graduates are just utterly stupid,
Sorry to say that.
And they know they are..........acdemically stupid,physically stupid,brain stupidity and lastly socially stupid.
Infact they are just 'dumb'..........i don't know why the nigerian government/ministry of education allowed private ownership of universities in the country.
For shit's sake the private universities produces mostly dumb niggaz and its painful......Government should as a matter of urgency revoke/abolish the law that provides for the private ownership of universities in nigeria.........
Private universities= Home of dumbness!
I'm outta here before they crucify me or burn me to death......*SPITS*
this is poverty speaking.

5 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by scarletdp(m): 11:26am On Sep 09, 2014
Afghanistan:

Upper hand in the labour market ke? Well that was what i was made to blv when i wrote jamb, but bro.. Wake up... employers dont care at all weda u went to public or private, blv me

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by dam007(m): 11:26am On Sep 09, 2014
dryakson: Many Nigerian students these days often move quickly to queue for private universities when
making a choice of institution.

I agree that private universities have advantages like the absence of strike, easy access to
lecturers… Well, that’s about all.

Public universities, federal and state, have a lot of advantages, from cheaper school fees, to the
freedom to be an adult. Public universities expose you to the real world, introduces you to the
hustle of life unlike private universities that consist of a lot of brats who are literally spoon-fed.

They are so pampered, making difficult to face the real world when they become graduates.
So here’s my case for choosing a public university.

1. Public universities allow for freedom and independence:

Students in public universities enjoy the freedom to make decisions for themselves and learn to
be almost independent. Private universities keep students within the four walls of their campuses
and under certain rules more suited for teenagers than young adults. The laws in public
universities are not imposed on the students; they are just the basic principles a normal student
is meant to follow. It’s funny when I see pictures of private university students being punished or
hear of certain rules like compulsory attendance of chapel, feeding time tables, dress codes,
e.t.c​.​ It is absurd; these are adults​!​

2. Cost of education:

It is a lot cheaper to attend public university than a private one and this is not limited to school
fees. Cost of living on public universities is also cheaper. Students cook their own meals and hav​
e access to shops on campus and in town where prices of goods and services are competitive.
On the other hand, the cost of living on a private university secluded campus for one semester is
enough to build a house.

3. Public university g​ives “exposure” to students:

It’s more than obvious that public university students are ”​sharper​”​ than private university
students. Private university students who are often referred to as “JJC” or “Learners” by public
university students, live what I term “the microwave life” which is the easy life.
In federal universities you get to meet all sorts: from cultists to Aristo chicks, people with
different personalities. It makes one exposed to what life really is. One is exposed to the hustle
and learns how to struggle for things. There are still brats in federal universities but most of
them get to grow up when exposed to the hustle.

4. Life on and off campus is FUN:

There are so many parties to attend, clubs and events. One gets to meet real people, one also
learns to be real. There is a lot of gist and gossip, lot of things to laugh at. Rather than chapel,
it’s clubbing. Dating is even fun in federal schools. Couples express love without fear as adults.
One gets to see students that are rich and poor mingling as equals; students who express
themselves through their dressing and not relegated to some uniform.

5. Hard work is compulsory

Students in public universities have work​ed​ through exceptional odds to succeed; challenges that
help one not take life for granted. Imagine a department of over a thousand students with a very
small lecture hall or a lecturer who spends only twenty minutes in a class where he is meant to
spend two hours, or one who only gives handouts. Faced with issues like these, students work
extra hard to come out with well-deserved results.

6. Public universities produce more mature graduates:

With all the challenges: strikes, nonchalant lecturers, freedom to express yourself as adult etc,
public universities are more equipped for life after graduation. They know that things would not
just be handed to them and are used to making decisions for themselves.

https://m.premiumtimesng.com/arts-entertainment/167863-6-reasons-%e2%80%8byou-shouldnt-attend-a-private-university.html
very funny!! i saw the topic and i was soooo eager to open it.. are these the so-called reasons? clearly you've not been anywhere.. no offense tho.. your post is wacky... the only agreeable ground is cost.. you see the rest?? public school have less to offer! mature graduates?? really hard work is compulsory?? talk about freedom and exposure.. have you been to igbinedion university?? and i hope you know fun is dependent individual choices.. believe me you only mentioned the reasons you should go to a private school!!

5 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Omonoba1: 11:28am On Sep 09, 2014
Wether public or private university, who cares?? what people want to hear is your grade...and for all i know, all your degrees in both private and public universities are PIECES OF PAPER outside the shores of Africa..

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by dam007(m): 11:28am On Sep 09, 2014
p2t2r: this is poverty speaking.
ohhh yeeeeaahhh.. category 24 poverty cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by MabraO: 11:28am On Sep 09, 2014
pgidex: Not all private schools.......... undecided. If u can't afford their fee just tell us and stop all ds hating. Na book dem send u go read nor b 2 go catch fun u hear tongue

All book and no play makes pgidex a lonely girltongue

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 09, 2014
p2t2r: this is poverty speaking.
oh....private university student! The truth must have seriously pained you....but just look at your life,i'm sure that if you were given a second chance you would choose public uni over the embrassment you just find yourself in today.....sorry bro!.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by piagetskinner(m): 11:31am On Sep 09, 2014
JadeWilliam: I will always choose good private schools over govt schools. Frm facilities to safety.

Private schools have less cult activities&have good hostels&learning facilities. And most especially, no strike action.

Inshort d benefits of going 2a private sch are plenty. I can't list dem right now cos I'm heading out.
U should have at least, listed oNE before heading out
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by dam007(m): 11:32am On Sep 09, 2014
butanep: Op you are very correct. Private university is like advanced secondary school. Most of them always wish, they attend a public university because of the monotonous life they live there. Schools where lecturers beg students to learn and where they monitor you if you are still reading or have slept.
Private university life is so boring i must confess because some secondary schools are even more social and fun-filled than them. for me it is for those that were not opportune to gain admission in public...
whatt ever been in one?? hearsay!! undecided i'm not surprised...

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Omonoba1: 11:32am On Sep 09, 2014
omona10: What's this one saying? Yoo n0 sabi pay 4 ads?
Sire, must u quote him just to say this??
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by faceve: 11:33am On Sep 09, 2014
Very correct
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 09, 2014
dam007: ohhh yeeeeaahhh.. category 24 poverty cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy
sorry bro,you 're one of them too?!
Just look at the embrassment you are in.....study to pass your wassce and utme and have a better life in a public uni you will not now you wanna put the blame on me?!

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Maureenurch(f): 11:34am On Sep 09, 2014
@ Op, am sorry to inform u buh u have no point ,who says those in private uni doesnt live an independent,abeg there is nothn lyk freedom,remember freedom comes wit a responsibility,hw many of u in public uni have livd up to the responsibility of freedom. Abeg enuf of al these private uni this and that. Why nt meet Jamb chairman to gve al student admissn to public uni and let the private unis close down.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by thelastgenius: 11:35am On Sep 09, 2014
Hemanwel: OP,you mean '6 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Glorified Secondary School' ??

Naturally,I see people who opt for a private university as academically inferior to their public university counterparts....
After paying huge sums of money as school fees for four years (in the case of a 4-year course),the school authority cannot afford not to graduate the student even if he/she gallivanted throughout his/her stay in the institution.

Baba....we get 600L students for my school oo...

Mind yu all courses have a max of four years.

I Rep RUN.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by dam007(m): 11:36am On Sep 09, 2014
sarutobie: is there anyway we can guage the Intelligence Quotient of the Mods on this forum before assigning them the tasks as moderators? how can such moronic post make it to the frontpage?
i tire oo grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) / Lady Mocked By Her Friends Who Graduated Before Her, 2 Years Later This Happened / NUC Lists Universities Approved For Postgraduate Programmes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.