Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture (4802 Views)

Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos / Akpabio's Home Town One Of The Most Beautiful Place In Nigeria Pix / The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture by Biliamin(m): 10:07am On Sep 09, 2014
It was in the year 1963 and Nigeria's first and only Prime Minister, Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa took his annual leave and was off to his village to spend it. Then a British photojournalist came along but they told him the that the PM had gone on vacation.

The photojournalist then asked to which country but he was shocked when they told him the PM went to spend the vacation in his own village. To satisfy his curiosity, he decided to travel to the village. But on getting to the village, there was no sign that a big man was in town. Everyone went on their normal business and the village was peacefully quiet. Then he met a farmer along the way with his donkey carrying bales of sugarcane, and he asked from the farmer the house of the PM. The photojournalist was again left speechless when the farmer told him that he had just left the PM and that if he gets to the PM's house, which he described, he would meet him sitting on the bare floor with his kids enjoying the sugarcane that he gave them.

The British photojournalist was dazed when he reached the PM's home. This is the picture that he took. May the labours of our heroes past never be in vain.

Today, we have vagabonds and thieves in power. Those who disturb an entire city with sirens and their empty noises of vanity. Those who loot the treasury of an entire nation and still insult our common intelligence with their embarrassing incompetence. Nigeria has all it takes to become the greatest nation on earth. All we need are visionary, dedicated and inspiring leaders and not the shameless rogues and incorrigibly kleptomaniac bandits who lie, rob, cheat, rig and kill their way to power.

WHEN IT IS TIME TO VOTE, REMEMBER YOUR UNBORN CHILDREN AND USE YOUR HEAD. HAVE A NICE DAY.

www.nigeriacamera.net

Re: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture by benjichuks(m): 10:12am On Sep 09, 2014
Re: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 09, 2014
a lesson to all of us

1 Like

Re: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture by enomakos(m): 11:47am On Sep 09, 2014
people like him will be crying in their grave cos of the state of the country

2 Likes

Re: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture by KwoiZabo(m): 12:06pm On Sep 09, 2014
We that were born in the North knows that the region is the most ideal place to raise a Family in this country thats why we are most hurt b this bokoharam issue. Viva Northern Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture by Lordlexyy: 12:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
North is synonymous with peace, love, brotherliness and very moderate until the influx of easterners who almost corrupt the region with their over ambition and pechant to make money above all things. North without extrimis remains the only ideal place to live a purposeful life.
Re: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture by Caseless2: 12:34pm On Sep 09, 2014
The day some of our brothers from a certain part of Nigeria allowed their sons in the army to kill these noble, humble, patriotic and selfless leaders was the day they set forth the present problems facing Nigeria.
You can't kill leaders like this and expect the society to have peace afterward.
Infact, libyans killed a good leader/dictator, they're yet to find peace(which i'm not sure they will find), not to talk of killing humble and democratic leaders this; it is a total miscalculation and has put us on a standstill ever since.
Allah ya jikan mallam!

5 Likes

Re: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture by dridowu: 12:52pm On Sep 09, 2014
that was when we have real politician practising real democracy but now we have politrician practising democrazy.

1 Like

Re: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 09, 2014
In a nutshell, leadership by example!
Re: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture by Noneroone(m): 1:41pm On Sep 09, 2014
Re: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture by Noneroone(m): 2:18pm On Sep 09, 2014
Lordlexyy: North is synonymous with peace, love, brotherliness and very moderate until the influx of easterners who almost corrupt the region with their over ambition and pechant to make money above all things. North without extrimis remains the only ideal place to live a purposeful life.
I am not sure the Easterners were the ones who taught shekau, your own brother how to use rocket luncher, artillery, armoured vehicles, IED to bomb his own people,including men, women and children. Did we coach your teenagers on how to behead innocent people as far back as 1966 in the guise of pogrom? Even the present emirate in the north is founded through war and bloodshed just as boko haram is doing, yet you claim north was peaceful. Agression, conflict, blooshed and even jealousy run in your DNA from time immemorial.
Region of piss indeed!

7 Likes

Re: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture by kekakuz(m): 3:48pm On Sep 09, 2014
Lordlexyy: North is synonymous with peace, love, brotherliness and very moderate until the influx of easterners who almost corrupt the region with their over ambition and pechant to make money above all things. North without extrimis remains the only ideal place to live a purposeful life.

north is synonymous with peace?
since the time of usman Dan fodio
the north has suffereth violence

all my 20 years in kaduna kano I knew no peace

1 Like

Re: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture by kekakuz(m): 3:55pm On Sep 09, 2014
Back to the picture
great man

but you will agree with me this story is wack

which kin sugarcane slim like that
why would a photographer leave Lagos to the north as at 1963 just to satisfy his curiosity
and by the way there was no oil money then so its hard to say he is good since there is not enough temptation

1 Like

Re: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 09, 2014
These are the kind of stuffs I luv to see. He existed in an era when Christians, Muslims, Pegans and Atheists alike put their heads together for the progress of our dear country. When politics was not a means to a livelihood, but a sacrifice. Now all we see is religious and ethnic sentiments with a clearly demarcated line between the rich and the poor. Life is no longer worth a dime, and corruption have eaten deeply into our souls.

God have mercy on my country Nigeria.
Re: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 09, 2014
IF U DONT KNOW WHAT TO WRITE ...PLEASE WRITE UR WILL...
IN MY PRIMARY DAYS...I READ A STORY BOOK ABOUT GANDOKI BEING D WAR CHIEF OF D MUSLIMS..
I ALSO READ ABOUT USMAN DAN FODIO.
NOW .....IMAGINE THIS..
BORNO STATE------HOME OF PEACE..(PIECES).
KATSINA STATE---HOME OF HOSPITALITY (ARID LAND).
PLATEAU-----HOME OF PEACE AND TOURISM...
JIGAWA STATE----NEW WORLD..

1 Like

Re: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
IN MY PRIMARY DAYS...I READ A STORY BOOK ABOUT GANDOKI BEING D WAR CHIEF OF D MUSLIMS..
NOW .....IMAGINE THIS..
PLATEAU-HOME OF PEACE AND TOURISM(BLOOD THIRSTY)
KADUNA ----LIBERAL STATE (LIBERTY TO KILL).
SOKOTO------BORN TO RULE.....(TO RULE BEGGARS)

1 Like

Re: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture by Lordlexyy: 5:38pm On Sep 09, 2014
kayciano:
NOW .....IMAGINE THIS..
PLATEAU-HOME OF PEACE AND TOURISM(BLOOD THIRSTY)
KADUNA ----LIBERAL STATE (LIBERTY TO KILL).
SOKOTO------BORN TO RULE.....(TO RULE BEGGARS)
If you weren't in a haste to quote me, you would have read where i stated that extremism is responsible largely for the chaos. But on the average, the north remains largely accomodative, warm and friendly compare to any other part in this country closely follow by the South west. But that can't be said of the South East, where betrayal, pride, over ambition and the general competition to out do themselves which obviously has led to the wave of crimes and criminality that often blow from the region and scattered and exported far and beyond. In the crime scenes for instance, how many northerners have been found wanting compare to the Igbo extract whose criminality is a grave concern to other nations. That Nigeria is a criminal nation today is because of the Igbos quest and unquenchable appetite for money. That on its part isn't all bad, but when you begin to desire what belong to someone else, there in lies the challenge. I consider myself a northernern any day any time even though originally i'm not from here, cos the north has proven quite simple and easy going than any other region.

1 Like

Re: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture by djfaithy: 5:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
Caseless2: The day some of our brothers from a certain part of Nigeria allowed their sons in the army to kill these noble, humble, patriotic and selfless leaders was the day they set forth the present problems facing Nigeria.
You can't kill leaders like this and expect the society to have peace afterward.
Infact, libyans killed a good leader/dictator, they're yet to find peace(which i'm not sure they will find), not to talk of killing humble and democratic leaders this; it is a total miscalculation and has put us on a standstill ever since.
Allah ya jikan mallam!
still those set of people won't let us rest, they've started again, me I'm just patiently waiting for the day, the table is going to turn around again.
Re: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture by A7(m): 6:39pm On Sep 09, 2014
kekakuz:

north is synonymous with peace?
since the time of usman Dan fodio
the north has suffereth violence

all my[b[ 20 years in kaduna kano I knew no peace[/b]

So, you experience 20 years of uninterrupted violence but still live there?

Dude, this testimony of yours only potray you as a dum.b mythomaniac.
Re: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture by A7(m): 6:41pm On Sep 09, 2014
kayciano:
NOW .....IMAGINE THIS..
PLATEAU-----HOME OF PEACE AND TOURISM...

Gandoki? The comic character? Nigga please!
Re: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture by kekakuz(m): 7:52pm On Sep 09, 2014
A7:

So, you experience 20 years of uninterrupted violence but still live there?

Dude, this testimony of yours only potray you as a dum.b mythomaniac.
stupid you
where were you during the the time of Mai tasine zango kataff
1992 1996 1999

you think peace is about having a week of quietness

when last did hear of such in the southwest
Re: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
Lordlexyy: If you weren't in a haste to quote me, you would have read where i stated that extremism is responsible largely for the chaos. But on the average, the north remains largely accomodative, warm and friendly compare to any other part in this country closely follow by the South west. But that can't be said of the South East, where betrayal, pride, over ambition and the general competition to out do themselves which obviously has led to the wave of crimes and criminality that often blow from the region and scattered and exported far and beyond. In the crime scenes for instance, how many northerners have been found wanting compare to the Igbo extract whose criminality is a grave concern to other nations. That Nigeria is a criminal nation today is because of the Igbos quest and unquenchable appetite for money. That on its part isn't all bad, but when you begin to desire what belong to someone else, there in lies the challenge. I consider myself a northernern any day any time even though originally i'm not from here, cos the north has proven quite simple and easy going than any other region.
In a nutshell... you're a daft!

2 Likes

Re: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 09, 2014
KwoiZabo: We that were born in the North knows that the region is the most ideal place to raise a Family in this country thats why we are most hurt b this bokoharam issue. Viva Northern Nigeria
I disagree. Wait o!, is it the north where children work as beggars for their parents?(am just asking o).

2 Likes

Re: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 09, 2014
Lordlexyy: If you weren't in a haste to quote me, you would have read where i stated that extremism is responsible largely for the chaos. But on the average, the north remains largely accomodative, warm and friendly compare to any other part in this country closely follow by the South west. But that can't be said of the South East, where betrayal, pride, over ambition and the general competition to out do themselves which obviously has led to the wave of crimes and criminality that often blow from the region and scattered and exported far and beyond. In the crime scenes for instance, how many northerners have been found wanting compare to the Igbo extract whose criminality is a grave concern to other nations. That Nigeria is a criminal nation today is because of the Igbos quest and unquenchable appetite for money. That on its part isn't all bad, but when you begin to desire what belong to someone else, there in lies the challenge. I consider myself a northernern any day any time even though originally i'm not from here, cos the north has proven quite simple and easy going than any other region.
The average northerner sees nothing wrong in killing an armless visitor in his parlour. During the 1960's, despite the evil perpetrated by northerners against those of igbo origin in the north, easterners still did not return the favour. Thats honour and tolerance in display, a trait that abokiss would never attain.(*all abokiss are soulless beasts, anyday~anytime*)

1 Like

Re: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture by Lordlexyy: 9:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
Danrizzle: The average northerner sees nothing wrong in killing an armless visitor in his parlour. During the 1960's, despite the evil perpetrated by northerners against those of igbo origin in the north, easterners still did not return the favour. Thats honour and tolerance in display, a trait that abokiss would never attain.(*all abokiss are soulless beasts, anyday~anytime*)
Yeah, and the Igbos were saint? Clap for yourself. You hatefully killed people on a baseless excuses, openly celebrate your folly by releasing an album to that effect and you expect same people to keep mute. You must be a tribalist to blame the north and exempt your own people. Yet, after your faulty claims, the north continue to remain home to some millions of Igbos who never visits 'home' except during festive period.
Re: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa In His Home Town With His Family - Picture by Caseless2: 10:11pm On Sep 09, 2014
djfaithy: still those set of people won't let us rest, they've started again, me I'm just patiently waiting for the day, the table is going to turn around again.
i'm waiting too.

(1) (Reply)

Guy Won 30.4 Million Naria In Bet 9ja In Asaba / Uganda Elections: Picture Of A Ugandan Policeman Running Away With A Ballot Box / See What I Saw On A Ladies Timeline On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.