Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

12 Attractive Nigerian Universities Where You Can Apply For Postgraduate Program - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 12 Attractive Nigerian Universities Where You Can Apply For Postgraduate Program (2985 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies / Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / Ui Postgraduate Program For 2011/2012 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Attractive Nigerian Universities Where You Can Apply For Postgraduate Program by nollyj: 11:24am On Sep 09, 2014
12 Attractive Nigerian Universities where you can apply for postgraduate program now

Admission into postgraduate programs in Nigeria has not gotten the kind of awareness that it deserved especially when you compare it with JAMB and Post-UTME news that fly around all day. Some of our readers usually ask to know when a particular university in Nigeria will commence the sales of their postgraduate admission form.

This post will answer some of the questions that we got in the past about postgraduate admission. Just like other entrance examinations in Nigeria, having a first-hand information about a postgraduate program you are interested to follow will be of immense help during and after the admission processes.

There are many universities that have concluded their postgraduate admission for 2014 - 2015 academic year. But don't worry because this post will let you know about other universities in Nigeria where you can obtain admission form for a postgraduate program of your choice right now.

Why Postgraduate Studies
I am not here to tell you why you should go for a postgraduate degree but I have found out that there are many people in Nigeria right now who are engrossed with the decision of going for a postgraduate degree or do something else. I wrote a post about 8 unthinkable reasons why getting a postgraduate degree in Nigeria is rewarding. If you haven't made up your mind I think the link above is for you.

Postgraduate admission process varies from institution to institution. The place to start with is identifying your program of choice and the universities that offer this program. If you are interested about the cost of postgraduate programs in Nigeria, there again it varies. Focus on your institution of choice and find out how much it cost before you proceed with the admission process.

Program Inquiries / Visitation
I am also of the opinion that postgraduate studies are slight different from undergraduate studies. In line with this statement, I usually advise that you should not base everything about your postgraduate admission online.

If you are applying for a practical oriented specialization program, it is important you first visit the department that offers this program in your chosen university. This will help you gather more information about the amount of resources that the department have for this program. It is also an opportunity to meet some of your "would-be" lecturers in the future. This information is important and will void of any regret once you start with your postgraduate program.

Enough of this precautionary measure lets head over to the list of 12 attractive Nigerian Universities to apply for postgraduate program now

1. UNIPORT Admission 2014/2015 Into Bamanga Tukur Institute For International Trade and Development M.Sc Programme

2. UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission for : 2014 - 2015 Academic Year

3. MOUAU Postgraduate Admission for 2014 - 2015 Academic Year

How to Apply
Interested candidate should obtain application forms from the Postgraduate School with seven thousand and five hundred naira (N7, 500) only by bank draft in favour of Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike.

Completed application forms and all relevant documents should be enclosed in an envelope marked PG Admission and returned to:
The Secretary,
Postgraduate School,
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike,
P.M.B 7267,
Umuahia, Abia State.

4. UDUSOK Postgraduate Admission for 2014 - 2015 Academic Year

5. UNIZIK Postgraduate Admission for 2014 - 2015 Academic Year

6. UI postgraduate Admission 2014 - 2015

7. Covenant University Postgraduate Admission for 2014 - 2015 Academic Year

8. UNILAG Postgraduate Admission for 2014 - 2015 Academic Year

9. POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION INTO NIGERIAN INSTITUTE OF JOURNALISM

The postgraduate diploma forms can be obtained at Nigerian Institute of Journalism: 8-14 Ijaiye Road, Ogba, Ikeja- Lagos.

10. FUTA Postgraduate Admission for 2014 - 2015 Academic Year

11. POSTGRADUATE TRAINING FELLOWSHIPS FOR WOMEN

12. Bowen University Postgraduate Admission for 2014 - 2015 Academic Year

If you know about other universities in Nigeria that are currently advertising their postgraduate programmes that did not make this list, I will be glad to hear about them.

For aspiring postgraduate candidates, there is much to find out before making your application. If you need clarification or have some questions to ask, do not hesitate to do that.

I don't know how to add neat links to all the postgraduate programs. If you want see the link you can go to the original blog below

http://toscanyacademy.com/blog/
Re: 12 Attractive Nigerian Universities Where You Can Apply For Postgraduate Program by Haywhymido(m): 6:33pm On Sep 09, 2014
Ok, i don hear
Re: 12 Attractive Nigerian Universities Where You Can Apply For Postgraduate Program by cuteprinz(m): 6:59pm On Sep 09, 2014
Nice one
Re: 12 Attractive Nigerian Universities Where You Can Apply For Postgraduate Program by samlestic(m): 7:40pm On Sep 09, 2014
FUTO
Re: 12 Attractive Nigerian Universities Where You Can Apply For Postgraduate Program by nollyj: 7:45pm On Sep 09, 2014
samlestic: FUTO

Thanks so much I will check it now
Re: 12 Attractive Nigerian Universities Where You Can Apply For Postgraduate Program by samlestic(m): 8:06pm On Sep 09, 2014
pls boss, i dont understand uniben referee report. after printing out d referee report form 4 dem to fill do they stil need to forward online report to d SCHOOL? And they don't do entrance exams. what will b dea basis 4 screening? and lastly, must d referees b my former lecturers? since am so far from my former school, tnk u
Re: 12 Attractive Nigerian Universities Where You Can Apply For Postgraduate Program by Faun(m): 9:10pm On Sep 09, 2014
samlestic: FUTO

Our school can never be on that list.
The devilish lecturers alone are enough to scare people away grin
Re: 12 Attractive Nigerian Universities Where You Can Apply For Postgraduate Program by SEYIKP(m): 9:26pm On Sep 09, 2014
@ OP, YOU MUST BE FROM THE EASTERN OR SOUTHERN PART OF THE COUNTRY. WITH THE PLACEMENT OF THESE UNIVERSITIES.
Re: 12 Attractive Nigerian Universities Where You Can Apply For Postgraduate Program by nwaobitex: 10:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
nice one @op
Re: 12 Attractive Nigerian Universities Where You Can Apply For Postgraduate Program by priscaoge(f): 11:02pm On Sep 09, 2014
SEYIKP: @ OP, YOU MUST BE FROM THE EASTERN OR SOUTHERN PART OF THE COUNTRY. WITH THE PLACEMENT OF THESE UNIVERSITIES.
I think he only posted the ones he know. Like he said,if u know any other Universities that wasn't included,U can list them.
Re: 12 Attractive Nigerian Universities Where You Can Apply For Postgraduate Program by gift01: 6:09am On Sep 10, 2014
Re: 12 Attractive Nigerian Universities Where You Can Apply For Postgraduate Program by Lulumide: 6:51am On Sep 10, 2014
I have a question. Is it possible for a biology education studnt to do hs /hr her masters in nursing? If so whch sch offers msc nursing?
Re: 12 Attractive Nigerian Universities Where You Can Apply For Postgraduate Program by urheme: 3:47pm On Oct 24, 2014
op, which school is still selling forms,

(1) (Reply)

10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria / Uniport Students Are Different. (pics) / Breaking : ASUU And FG Reach An Agreement After Meeting - huspends Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.