Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,773 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” (45183 Views)

EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports / FG Plans To Ban Fertiliser Importation / FG Set To End Importation Of Processed Tomato Paste (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by dosht(f): 5:31pm On Sep 09, 2014
Oh my sweet ponmo
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by MizMyColi(f): 5:31pm On Sep 09, 2014
Are the farmers complaining of selling kponmo to us?
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Ahmeduana(m): 5:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
berem: Make dem no try am o! If dem try am....

#teampomounited#

grin grin

NA YOU vs OBIAGELI BE THAT!
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by eunisam: 5:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
nawaooh.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Smoj(m): 5:33pm On Sep 09, 2014
FG always look for a way to punish d masses. Ponmon is a poor man's food & u want to ban it. diaris God ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by killuminati(m): 5:34pm On Sep 09, 2014
Chorus: we no go gree o, we no go gree, kpomo to nice na him we want!

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 09, 2014
nickz: what!!! shocked shocked shocked
*draws out machete* angry angry

that means i need to switch to babe wey get 'ponmo lips' cos i must continue to dey chop ponmo angry angry

You failed woefully in your attempt at humor. cry

11 Likes

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 09, 2014
dem knw fit angry
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Odunharry(m): 5:35pm On Sep 09, 2014
dridowu: ponmon to ko beje. Anyway good for the farmer as it will increase their income but bad news for ponmon eater like me.
i like that kpomo mk u upload o...kpomo dn dy hungri me gan
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by blank(f): 5:36pm On Sep 09, 2014
Silly reasoning.

If the livestock farmer sees greater gain in selling to tanneries, you think he won't do it? Assuming he is a rational consumer.

It's because the market is not there that is why they prefer the relatively lower yield than to wait for Godot.

Banning eating of ponmo will not increase the market for hides. Instead, it will lead to a glut, supply being higher than demand and will thus crash the price of leather. Except, he is referring to the export of such. That is another discussion altogether.

3 Likes

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Airforce1(m): 5:36pm On Sep 09, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
Is Ponmo not premium enough .... which one is this Hide n Seek English tho

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
Don't know why people eat this stuff
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Odunharry(m): 5:38pm On Sep 09, 2014
pDude:

wicked..haba,u harsh on dat guy

2 Likes

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by timilehing(m): 5:38pm On Sep 09, 2014
It is called "Pomo" not "Ponmon" OLODO

2 Likes

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by digitalman: 5:38pm On Sep 09, 2014
ban ban ban.. thats the only thing this cursed government can do.. Incredible.. why dont you ban people and kill them all.

2 Likes

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by feyif(f): 5:38pm On Sep 09, 2014
FG Wan Kill Me?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by nickz(m): 5:38pm On Sep 09, 2014
pDude:

i know your problem
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by damilare442: 5:38pm On Sep 09, 2014
ponmo i hail u o
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 09, 2014
kilokeys: haba... ponmo.. we no go gree.

Government sha.. always reasoning with dem anus.. they never think things through.

before u make such laws have u made alternatives?

how many tanning facilities do we have atm?
or mKe dem spread am for sun as we don dey do since 1843?

small time una go ban offals( rounbadout, abodi, shaki and co.)

That's the xtics of a dull and clueless Government...so becos they want to make More money that they will embezzle,They want to alter the Delicacies of the average man ...**In Femi Kuti's Voice** I sorry for Nigeria
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by YoursGEJ(m): 5:39pm On Sep 09, 2014
One of the few things that makes life worth living for the common man na him dem want take away just like that? Impossicant!!
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 09, 2014
Jeez! So Nigerians have been eating leather for foot wears! My sweetness! Thank you federal government of Nigeria for banning this bad practice. The whole environment there must be smelling burnt animal skin. Bleh!
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 09, 2014
Odunharry:
wicked..haba,u harsh on dat guy

Abi I lie? grin
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by brownlord: 5:42pm On Sep 09, 2014
Them don come again, dem no go let ordinary man drink water drop cup, ban ponnmo say wetin happen, why you wan turn am to leather.

Na wetin them want make I take dey chop fufu for iya kafayat buka? Jonaathan if you wan Gamble with your reelection ban ponnmo all APC need do na to promise us say them go bring am back.

2 Likes

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by uzolexis(f): 5:42pm On Sep 09, 2014
Nonsense,all they know is ban ban ban, how big is the market for hide and skin in Nigeria, is the technology to convert it to leather readily available? don't they know that a farmer's aim is to make profit and if the leather market is profitable you dont even have to ban pomo,cattle rearers will take care of that themselves. Develop the leather market 1st and see if the consumption of pomo will not reduce,right now farmers are using their animal skin for what is most profitable. Dont saturate the underdeveloped leather market we have now,it wont help anybody.
on a more personal note,i like pomo and anybody that tries to take that away from me dey find my trouble angry angry

3 Likes

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by victorazy(m): 5:43pm On Sep 09, 2014
Obiagelli: Heard this 2yrs ago. Ban the damn thing.

Bia nwa, remove that u wrote on ur status. Gej bu onye-oma, omara ihe ona-eme. U won't understand his plans now. Ichoro ka ndi alakuba chia obodo anyi?
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 09, 2014
kpomooooo!
ban kpomo!!?
That's impossible!i will personally cut of mine and put it up for sale:

3 Likes

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by ibedun: 5:43pm On Sep 09, 2014
Error

Ponmo is consumed by all and sundry and it is safer and healthier than most other red meat derived products.

3 Likes

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by fiftynaira(m): 5:43pm On Sep 09, 2014
Mama nkechi still selling ponmon since 1950
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by mars123(m): 5:44pm On Sep 09, 2014
BAN IT...also ban corruption.f00ls

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by retepmurt(m): 5:44pm On Sep 09, 2014
Fg wan comot the poor's food and use am to better the life of the rich.
They want to rob peter to pay paul.
God dey o

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by 4everisaac(m): 5:44pm On Sep 09, 2014
:-P B-)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Nigerian Farmer Displays His Harvested Cassava From His Farm, Hails Buhari / My Goat Gave Birth To A Premature Kid / What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.