Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,807,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

What Happened To Nigerian Music? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Happened To Nigerian Music? (878 Views)

~ Ever Wondered What Ever Happened To A Singer You Use To Like? ~ / Can I Download Nigerian Music From the Internet? / To Listen to Nigerian Music Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened To Nigerian Music? by oge4real(f): 4:39pm On Sep 09, 2014
I just finished watching project fame 7 on YouTube.
I felt like crying when the contestants all came out to pay tribute to Tuface Idibia by singing his songs and those of the defunct Plantashun Boiz.

Virtually ALL the songs rendered had great lyrics with clear messages, different tunes and beats and of course wonderful instrumental composition.

Now I am wondering why the so called stars of today have decided to fill the airwaves with absolute garbage. Songs with no more than 3 lines for the verse and chorus, all revolving around, money, intimacy and women's back.side. The more frustrating part of it is they all sound alike with the annoying abuse of auto-tune. You can't even tell exactly what or whom you are listening to.

What has happened to creativity? Is music now all about jumping and sweating? Who will be the next 'legend' to be celebrated on next years' season of project fame?

I know some people will disagree with this but there are actually 100million things one can write and sing about and still make great sales.
Re: What Happened To Nigerian Music? by rawpadgin(m): 5:50pm On Sep 09, 2014
was watching zaki's heroes of our time & saw raski mono doing his thing, men, I almost shed tears

some of these present artist are actually talented but they all want to be rich & famous

no one want to be mode, 9 they prefer to be ice prince.
giving to the fact that that's what these present day fans want

just like what vector said " marketers are telling me to do the regular so how i mine suppose to be spectacular"
Re: What Happened To Nigerian Music? by oge4real(f): 1:24am On Sep 10, 2014
rawpadgin: was watching zaki's heroes of our time & saw raski mono doing his thing, men, I almost shed tears

some of these present artist are actually talented but they all want to be rich & famous

no one want to be mode, 9 they prefer to be ice prince.
giving to the fact that that's what these present day fans want

just like what vector said " marketers are telling me to do the regular so how i mine suppose to be spectacular"

That is really sad. I wonder what the scenery will be in 10yrs time.
Re: What Happened To Nigerian Music? by rawpadgin(m): 6:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
oge4real:

That is really sad. I wonder what the scenery will be in 10yrs time.
it will disaster, unless we stop appreciating wacky artists

(1) (Reply)

Download New Music: Viruz Zamora – Hangover + Owapa / Winner Of Livingspring Music Festival Talent Discovery 2015 / Download – Irek Dee "Ima Afiop” (prod.bantybeat & Patrick Shadow)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.