Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,710 members, 7,805,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Reason Why Modern Nigerians Will Not Speak Their Native Tongue - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Reason Why Modern Nigerians Will Not Speak Their Native Tongue (12207 Views)

Igbos In Spain Attend Their Village Meeting In Native Attires (Photo) / The Beauty Of Edo Brides And Women In Their Native Attires / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason Why Modern Nigerians Will Not Speak Their Native Tongue by Fulaman198(m): 8:31pm On Jan 01, 2016
sukkot:
provide documentary evidence that it existed over 10,000 years ago

Link below my friend the one I linked earlier
Re: Reason Why Modern Nigerians Will Not Speak Their Native Tongue by sukkot: 8:37pm On Jan 01, 2016
Fulaman198:

oh ok let me peruse it, because from research, the people you call fulani today did not exist as they are today. the fulanis are a mixture of ancient ptolomeic greek and a black hamitic race hence why some of you have caucasian features like white greek nose. so 10,000 years ago the fulani was not in existence. your people only came into existence about 5000 years ago and then up till the greek ptolomeic empire. you are a mixture of races and the name fulani was adopted or created to identify this new nation of people crerated by miscegenation with white greek.
Re: Reason Why Modern Nigerians Will Not Speak Their Native Tongue by sukkot: 8:48pm On Jan 01, 2016
Fulaman198:

this fulani girl still has her greek features. many from intermarrying back to blackness after the whites left africa have become black again but you can still see caucasian features in many fulani. like the nose shape

[img]http://2.bp..com/-p09juKkO4y8/TVg2ltgZeDI/AAAAAAAAFnc/4P9MmEjNs1M/s570/Picture%2B24.png[/img]
Re: Reason Why Modern Nigerians Will Not Speak Their Native Tongue by sukkot: 8:53pm On Jan 01, 2016
Fulaman198:

greek nose

[img]http://4.bp..com/-xzGezUvZc6o/UsLMpjx1TVI/AAAAAAAABnA/ccupnOWk8Dg/s1600/Fulani-woman.jpg[/img]
Re: Reason Why Modern Nigerians Will Not Speak Their Native Tongue by sukkot: 8:55pm On Jan 01, 2016
Fulaman198:

greek nose

Re: Reason Why Modern Nigerians Will Not Speak Their Native Tongue by sukkot: 8:57pm On Jan 01, 2016
Fulaman198:

greek nose

[img]http://2.bp..com/-hyt9W6caWOo/UPuPGnojNQI/AAAAAAAAAi0/KC68WLG7C_4/s1600/fulaniobvious.jpg[/img]
Re: Reason Why Modern Nigerians Will Not Speak Their Native Tongue by sukkot: 9:01pm On Jan 01, 2016
greek nose

Re: Reason Why Modern Nigerians Will Not Speak Their Native Tongue by Fulaman198(m): 10:30pm On Jan 01, 2016
sukkot:
greek nose

[img]http://2.bp..com/-hyt9W6caWOo/UPuPGnojNQI/AAAAAAAAAi0/KC68WLG7C_4/s1600/fulaniobvious.jpg[/img]

Nonsense, I assume that you are educated so you do realise that Africans are a very diverse group of people. There is no such a thing as Greek nose. If you watched the documentary, which I know you didn't you will see that it said we are not mixed and that we have lived in the West African region for WELL over 10,000 years.

If you have been coerced or brainwashed by white propaganda, then I don't know what to tell you.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Modern Nigerians Will Not Speak Their Native Tongue by Fulaman198(m): 10:32pm On Jan 01, 2016
sukkot:
oh ok let me peruse it, because from research, the people you call fulani today did not exist as they are today. the fulanis are a mixture of ancient ptolomeic greek and a black hamitic race hence why some of you have caucasian features like white greek nose. so 10,000 years ago the fulani was not in existence. your people only came into existence about 5000 years ago and then up till the greek ptolomeic empire. you are a mixture of races and the name fulani was adopted or created to identify this new nation of people crerated by miscegenation with white greek.

There is no such thing as Caucasian features, that myth has been debunked on numerous occasions

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Modern Nigerians Will Not Speak Their Native Tongue by sukkot: 10:47pm On Jan 01, 2016
Fulaman198:

There is no such thing as Caucasian features, that myth has been debunked on numerous occasions
ok, greek features wink
Re: Reason Why Modern Nigerians Will Not Speak Their Native Tongue by GorkoSusaay: 11:56pm On Jan 01, 2016
sukkot:

That's a theory (fringe) among many many others.

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why Modern Nigerians Will Not Speak Their Native Tongue by Fulaman198(m): 1:57am On Jan 02, 2016
sukkot:
this fulani girl still has her greek features. many from intermarrying back to blackness after the whites left africa have become black again but you can still see caucasian features in many fulani. like the nose shape

[img]http://2.bp..com/-p09juKkO4y8/TVg2ltgZeDI/AAAAAAAAFnc/4P9MmEjNs1M/s570/Picture%2B24.png[/img]

That's not a Fulani girl
Re: Reason Why Modern Nigerians Will Not Speak Their Native Tongue by Fulaman198(m): 1:58am On Jan 02, 2016
GorkoSusaay:

That's a theory (fringe) among many many others.

Thank you my Fulani brother from Senegal.
Re: Reason Why Modern Nigerians Will Not Speak Their Native Tongue by Fulaman198(m): 1:58am On Jan 02, 2016
sukkot:
ok, greek features wink

No such thing.
Re: Reason Why Modern Nigerians Will Not Speak Their Native Tongue by Fulaman198(m): 2:03am On Jan 02, 2016
sukkot:
provide documentary evidence that it existed over 10,000 years ago

All you have to do is watch the first 5 - 10 minutes of the video. Good night, I'm going to sleep! This programming project is keeping me awake.
Re: Reason Why Modern Nigerians Will Not Speak Their Native Tongue by tpiar: 3:01am On Jan 02, 2016
Fulaman198:

Caucasian features are long facial structure, etc etc.

compared to non -Caucasian features.
Re: Reason Why Modern Nigerians Will Not Speak Their Native Tongue by tpiar: 3:02am On Jan 02, 2016
sukkot:

is she a mixed Fulani?
Re: Reason Why Modern Nigerians Will Not Speak Their Native Tongue by Fulaman198(m): 8:05am On Jan 02, 2016
tpiar:

is she a mixed Fulani?

She's not a Fulani she's a complete Daneejo (GorkoSusaay e OmarBah catch my drift?)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reason Why Modern Nigerians Will Not Speak Their Native Tongue by tpiar: 8:38am On Jan 02, 2016

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Modern Nigerians Will Not Speak Their Native Tongue by Fulaman198(m): 8:43am On Jan 02, 2016
tpiar:

is your post responding to me or the names you mentioned?

All of my Fulani brethren to confirm what I said. She's not a Fulani lollllllllll No Fulani that I know looks like that. Some Fulani can be light, but not Daneejo light and look exactly like a Daneejo. Fulani skin colour ranges from light brown to extremely dark brown (close to Sudanese complexion).

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Modern Nigerians Will Not Speak Their Native Tongue by GorkoSusaay: 5:39pm On Jan 02, 2016
Fulaman198:

She's not a Fulani she's a complete Daneejo (GorkoSusaay e OmarBah catch my drift?)

True talk. Fulani are bronze-skinned; they do not have a porcelain skin like the lady on the photo

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Modern Nigerians Will Not Speak Their Native Tongue by ideykwum: 8:29am On Jan 04, 2016
Couldn't resist following you! You're refreshing smart and logical. Please follow back. Thanks

McSquishi:
Jewish tradition has boy children's penis skin cut off at 8 days old... just bc. Especially when was first done it appeared especially barbaric to outsiders. Parent's here have sharp needles pierced through their baby girl's ears before they are old enough to consent, for beauty. So tribal marks and the like don't seem so far off from these accepted practices. yes, from the outside certain cultural traditions can seem ignorant. Some are especially disconcerting imo it involves the killing of people. Then again, even in "civil" society we kill ppl who commit certain crimes, we've legal abortions. Legal systems reflect culture as well...

You are right, you can choose to live in a culture-less way of life, though that may prove impossible as you're bound to adopt one cultural practice or another unless you live in your home & never leave. I sense you just look down upon certain cultural traditions while viewing others as just normal behavior, not understanding everything anyone does is representative of a culture, modern or otherwise.
Re: Reason Why Modern Nigerians Will Not Speak Their Native Tongue by McSquishi(f): 9:56pm On Jan 05, 2016
ideykwum:
Couldn't resist following you! You're refreshing smart and logical. Please follow back. Thanks

Wow, thanks for the wonderful compliments! ☺️ I will follow now wink
Re: Reason Why Modern Nigerians Will Not Speak Their Native Tongue by McSquishi(f): 10:14pm On Jan 05, 2016
Black Hamitic race?? The Hamitic race myth has long been debunked. There is no such thing. thats old race quack lingo. I didn't realize the Ptolemies had such a reach that their genes greatly impacted even Western African populations.

Re "Caucasoid" features. You have it backwards. People that have elongated or narrow features outside of Africa have so because of the African ancestor from which they derive, not the other way around. Does a child with certain features turn to his parents and upon recognizing the same features then say "parents, you got these features from me."? Of course not. You sound just as ridiculous as that child would.

sukkot:

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? / FG Recovers 45 Stolen Artefacts From The U.S. / Wow! The Real English Name Of Agbalumo Gotten At Last

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.