Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 (81259 Views)

Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 / Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 / Nigerian Navy Dssc 2012 Commenced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 3:40pm On Nov 27, 2014
But pls does anybody have an idea of what the aptitude test looks like pls??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by oluamid(m): 1:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
2muchopoTBdope:
But pls does anybody have an idea of what the aptitude test looks like pls??

Its your normal test. A mix of basic Maths, English, General Paper, Military knowledge and Current Affairs.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by jazz04(m): 9:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
oluamid:

Its your normal test. A mix of basic Maths, English, General Paper, Military knowledge and Current Affairs.
millitary, current affairs and you call that normal test?
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by trademyke(m): 10:11pm On Nov 29, 2014
Shark infested what! Is it dt dangerous shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by trademyke(m): 10:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
jazz04:
Who get materials for navy tests?? Make we dey practice before form come out na.......
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by oluamid(m): 11:02pm On Nov 29, 2014
jazz04:
millitary, current affairs and you call that normal test?

Well, its no SHL, GMAT or Dragnet type.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by Generaloluseye: 4:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
People are vry funny. They re putting square pegs in round holes. When you should be praying to God to connect you, u re talking about one exam that ll not be marked. I am not saying u should not prepare but those past questions of a thing is just 1% of what is needed.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by oluamid(m): 8:24pm On Nov 30, 2014
Generaloluseye:
People are vry funny. They re putting square pegs in round holes. When you should be praying to God to connect you, u re talking about one exam that ll not be marked. I am not saying u should not prepare but those past questions of a thing is just 1% of what is needed.

True. I know someone who is covered in tatoos but who made the final list of those currently in training. Connections go a long way in the navy. The exam is even the least part of everything.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by ehissi(m): 9:12am On Dec 03, 2014
oluamid:

True. I know someone who is covered in tatoos but who made the final list of those currently in training. Connections go a long way in the navy. The exam is even the least part of everything.

He better not be having tattoos that can be seen when dressed else when he gets to camp for training eventually he would wish he never had them.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by Generaloluseye: 10:36am On Dec 03, 2014
ehissi:

He better not be having tattoos that can be seen when dressed else when he gets to camp for training eventually he would wish he never had them.
long time sir. How is everything? Hope to see u online when those forms come out.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by Joshuadon: 1:18pm On Dec 03, 2014
Generaloluseye:
long time sir. How is everything? Hope to see u online when those forms come out.

No be small thing ooooo.,
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by Luminary1(f): 1:25pm On Dec 03, 2014
Generaloluseye:

Pls sir could you shed more light on the duly completed parent consent form to be signed by candidate parent or guardian...
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by oluamid(m): 4:32pm On Dec 03, 2014
ehissi:

He was already on the (painful) process of erasing them during the selection board.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by ehissi(m): 9:54pm On Dec 03, 2014
Generaloluseye:

Na so my bro......long time
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by ehissi(m): 10:23pm On Dec 03, 2014
oluamid:

He was already on the (painful) process of erasing them during the selection board.

I know a gentleman (he is a lance corporal ) in the airforce who was feeling like a funky bad guy with his tattoo. While he was in training before his POP, one of his coursemate had a tattoo that was visible even with his clothes on (his own was on his upper arm so he wasn't spotted).

When he saw the way they drilled his coursemate, just for having a tattoo; he did not know when he begged some of his friends to help him plug pressing iron and iron out the very skin where the tattoo was until it vanished. He spent a day in the MRS (health centre), after lying that he scrapped his skin during training and got a note excusing him from physical drills for 10 days. His colleague with the tattoo spent 6 weeks in MRS (D guy pass out during the heavy brushing). .......
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by oluamid(m): 10:37pm On Dec 03, 2014
ehissi:

I know a gentleman (he is a lance corporal ) in the airforce who was feeling like a funky bad guy with his tattoo. While he was in training before his POP, one of his coursemate had a tattoo that was visible even with his clothes on (his own was on his upper arm so he wasn't spotted).

When he saw the way they drilled his coursemate, just for having a tattoo; he did not know when he begged some of his friends to help him plug pressing iron and iron out the very skin where the tattoo was until it vanished. He spent a day in the MRS (health centre), after lying that he scrapped his skin during training and got a note excusing him from physical drills for 10 days. His colleague with the tattoo spent 6 weeks in MRS (D guy pass out during the heavy brushing). .......

Lol. The dude I mentioned was using some chemical ish though the thing developed into sores and he was constantly on meds to prevent infection. Still, the tattoos were so obvious that even a blind man will see it. He's got some heavy connections though. Else I don't think he would have passed the stripping stage during the medical exam.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by BUSHHUNTER: 6:37am On Dec 04, 2014
Pls what will need here is info about the NAVY form not stories dats not helping.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by oluamid(m): 8:36am On Dec 04, 2014
BUSHHUNTER:
Pls what will need here is info about the NAVY form not stories dats not helping.

If you can read between the lines sir, you'll see those "stories" are about things that could get you disqualified except you've got a 'godfather'. And my "stories" are actually eye-witness accounts of what happened during the last selection board.

FYI, the form is not out yet.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by oluamid(m): 8:41am On Dec 04, 2014
Luminary1:

Pls sir could you shed more light on the duly completed parent consent form to be signed by candidate parent or guardian...

The consent form has a clause that parents will not press charges or seek for indemnity in case of accidents or deaths during the training exercise. Parents have to agree to this by signing.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by jazz04(m): 9:34am On Dec 04, 2014
oluamid:

The consent form has a clause that parents will not press charges or seek for indemnity in case of accidents or deaths during the training exercise. Parents have to agree to this by signing.

Na wa ooo
Eve dss training reach to kill person?
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by ehissi(m): 11:29pm On Dec 04, 2014
jazz04:

Na wa ooo
Eve dss training reach to kill person?

Yes!!! If U choose to put yourself in harms' way by being an assumptionist. I always say this to intending applicants, you want to join this our armed forces; do press up, babu! Do 3km marathon, Sam Sam (for you to go piss, you must take okada)!! Do you even know how to swim real fast? No!! you don't engage in any sport that will build your stamina, endurance. To crown it all you eat crap & then you don't have godfather & U go and buy form (of which if them no take you, you go say na corruption na e cause am. If them take you, na "Thank God" na e cause am).

Some of una don already know say if navy form come out, una go buy am as far back as march this year. If U go to a stadium or regular gym & put yourself on a 4-6 months program & tell yourself that by the end of it, U go dey lift 100kg barbells with ease (that is 2 bag of rice which is not easy, even 80kg is enough for your Shirt size to change); won't you be looking gallant and packard for D job enough for at least the NCO's on ground to mark you out for senior men to notice you? - at least you have a fighting chance especially when you know say U no get godfather. Its not a guarantee that when U R buff U will make it, its an extra; an added advantage that may come in handy especially when they start handing you physical drills to eliminate some folks.

Do the needful, use that one take beg God make e do e own part too. U will surprised when you go there and meet veteran applicants that have been applying for over 8yrs, gallant & good to go only for some others to submit wawa parade....
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by Generaloluseye: 8:47am On Dec 05, 2014
@mr ehisi. Thanks for ur support and info on this thread. Is it possible for an ssc guy to be posted south south in this period of insurgency in the north?
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by Luminary1(f): 9:48am On Dec 05, 2014
Generaloluseye:
@mr ehisi. Thanks for ur support and info on this thread. Is it possible for an ssc guy to be posted south south in this period of insurgency in the north?
Tanks sir ,

Pls z it a must to fill the witness part CUs, mine z still vacate...
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by ehissi(m): 2:30pm On Dec 05, 2014
Generaloluseye:

All SSC officers irrespective of discipline are assigned to infantry corps of the Nigerian army. Posting will be a function of vacancy that exist from time to time. You can find yourself anywhere as an infantry officer. You could be assigned to The Nigerian military school, you could find yourself in sudan, Congo, they could even keep you back at NDA for retraining of new soldiers or officers; it depends on where vacancies exist. As far as we know, the current crop of ssc are the major source of bodies for insurgency & peace-keeping related assignment. In my opinion (I stand to be corrected on this one), except you R placed on patrol duty in a sector somewhere, don't expect to be thrown into the field just like that. If you are really meant for this insurgency business, the army will still send you for many more courses outside the normal ssc training before they shove you into the north east (some may even be done in foreign countries like Ukraine, israel etc.). They R not in the habit of throwing rookies in a hot zone so going to the north east shouldn't be an issue...
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by ehissi(m): 2:33pm On Dec 05, 2014
Luminary1:

Tanks sir ,

Pls z it a must to fill the witness part CUs, mine z still vacate...

That greatly depends on if you wanna be recruited....... Wait!! R U asking me about a rating recruitment related question?
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by Jacinta75(f): 9:49am On Dec 06, 2014
I like learning frm intelligent people,pls kip up wit ur gud work@ehissi and Generaloluseye.u guys alws speak d fact.Dis so calld Navy recruitment no b moi-moi,som1 told me dis"u must knw a powerful person b4 u get it n its true.i pray God shud pity us wey no knw any poweful person.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by ehissi(m): 11:25pm On Dec 06, 2014
Jacinta75:
I like learning frm intelligent people,pls kip up wit ur gud work@ehissi and Generaloluseye.u guys alws speak d fact.Dis so calld Navy recruitment no b moi-moi,som1 told me dis"u must knw a powerful person b4 u get it n its true.i pray God shud pity us wey no knw any poweful person.

Thanks!! I must say first of all that it isn't a law that only those who know powerful people that get it. There are still exceptions of folks who were in the right place at the right time.

An officer I know in the airforce very well (during his own recruitment circle) had the opportunity to pass the shortlisting stage and was invited to write the exams, he had the opportunity of using one old GMAT textbook to practice only for him to face the aptitude test and the questions in the edition of GMAT he used was what came out word for word. He scored 98%. He was invited to face the selection board, when the board saw his result they were impressed & wanted to test him with an academic question. The chairman of the board asked him a question (which he later confessed was his thesis for his Masters degree program), coincidentally that was the area of concentration this young gentleman dealt with as a project topic as an undergraduate. After less than 5 mins of talk, the Chairman commended his brilliance, there there the Chairman of the board told him to go and get ready for training that he will personally make sure that nobody swapped his name when the final list comes out and he took note of his number (for future tips that young officer later gave him for his Masters Thesis).

There are cases I can mention but most times, those who fall on the side of merit are 20%. The rest are likely man know man (more so in the era of insurgency where they try to avoid fielding candidates that may or may not be secretly sympathetic to boko boys). Mind you, there are also soldiers who want to become officers that will also apply too. To do so, they must receive letter of recommendation from their commanders (who have a slot in the recruitment exercise, though usually they can out of 540 they want to take, keep 60 for in house slot & then randomnly using a computer select just 60 names out of all the names presented by different commanders of varying rank). And those soldiers know everything about what is required from them which means stiffer competition for the godfatherless folks.

The point here being do your best, prepare ahead. You are a guy, get physically fit or buff if U can. U are a lady, build your endurance and shed those big tummies & love handles you are carrying around if possible.

I know a guy who is going for Nigerian army dssc, a barrack boy. As I speak with you, he has put himself on an 18months programme. 150kg barbell, 1500 press-ups plus building relationships among NCO & officers that may assist, that is his target, constantly updating himself on the changes in appointments in the Armed forces. Though age is on his side, by the time the guy shows up (if the guy is lucky to be shortlisted) they cant help but notice as the guy gallant.
I also know a lady who since last year has been swimming and doing training for 4km jog for the past 13months, speed reads and all manner of GMAT just to face airforce recruitment, as the day approaches if she is lucky to be shortlisted, she has a better chance of moving ahead if given a chance than you whey start to do training/preparation after you buy form.

U no get godfather! Fine, do the needful, prayerfully prepare. You may fine yourself amongst the 20% if you so prepare. Its not to apply, then when you don't get it, start complaining that there was corruption, some get shortlisted but later dont make the final cut and then say na man know man.

Question, when did you start preparing? Did you find out what may be required of you before picking the form (test, physical drills etc.). I know someone who called me sometime last year who was going for airforce dssc, he was lucky to be shortlisted, less than 3 days to the exams, who is the chief of airstaff? E nor know! What is the highest attainable rank within the armed forces & the airforce as an airforce personnel? E no know! Then you squander the opportunity and later start complaining that all the people you saw none of them where taken..............when things are tough, planning and preparation is key.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by jazz04(m): 1:57am On Dec 07, 2014
ehissi:

Thanks!! I must say first of all that it isn't a law that only those who know powerful people that get it. There are still exceptions of folks who were in the right place at the right time.

An officer I know in the airforce very well (during his own recruitment circle) had the opportunity to pass the shortlisting stage and was invited to write the exams, he had the opportunity of using one old GMAT textbook to practice only for him to face the aptitude test and the questions in the edition of GMAT he used was what came out word for word. He scored 98%. He was invited to face the selection board, when the board saw his result they were impressed & wanted to test him with an academic question. The chairman of the board asked him a question (which he later confessed was his thesis for his Masters degree program), coincidentally that was the area of concentration this young gentleman dealt with as a project topic as an undergraduate. After less than 5 mins of talk, the Chairman commended his brilliance, there there the Chairman of the board told him to go and get ready for training that he will personally make sure that nobody swapped his name when the final list comes out and he took note of his number (for future tips that young officer later gave him for his Masters Thesis).

There are cases I can mention but most times, those who fall on the side of merit are 20%. The rest are likely man know man (more so in the era of insurgency where they try to avoid fielding candidates that may or may not be secretly sympathetic to boko boys). Mind you, there are also soldiers who want to become officers that will also apply too. To do so, they must receive letter of recommendation from their commanders (who have a slot in the recruitment exercise, though usually they can out of 540 they want to take, keep 60 for in house slot & then randomnly using a computer select just 60 names out of all the names presented by different commanders of varying rank). And those soldiers know everything about what is required from them which means stiffer competition for the godfatherless folks.

The point here being do your best, prepare ahead. You are a guy, get physically fit or buff if U can. U are a lady, build your endurance and shed those big tummies & love handles you are carrying around if possible.

I know a guy who is going for Nigerian army dssc, a barrack boy. As I speak with you, he has put himself on an 18months programme. 150kg barbell, 1500 press-ups plus building relationships among NCO & officers that may assist, that is his target, constantly updating himself on the changes in appointments in the Armed forces. Though age is on his side, by the time the guy shows up (if the guy is lucky to be shortlisted) they cant help but notice as the guy gallant.
I also know a lady who since last year has been swimming and doing training for 4km jog for the past 13months, speed reads and all manner of GMAT just to face airforce recruitment, as the day approaches if she is lucky to be shortlisted, she has a better chance of moving ahead if given a chance than you whey start to do training/preparation after you buy form.

U no get godfather! Fine, do the needful, prayerfully prepare. You may fine yourself amongst the 20% if you so prepare. Its not to apply, then when you don't get it, start complaining that there was corruption, some get shortlisted but later dont make the final cut and then say na man know man.

Question, when did you start preparing? Did you find out what may be required of you before picking the form (test, physical drills etc.). I know someone who called me sometime last year who was going for airforce dssc, he was lucky to be shortlisted, less than 3 days to the exams, who is the chief of airstaff? E nor know! What is the highest attainable rank within the armed forces & the airforce as an airforce personnel? E no know! Then you squander the opportunity and later start complaining that all the people you saw none of them where taken..............when things are tough, planning and preparation is key.

You sha want make boys dey gym
Lol
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by Generaloluseye: 2:07am On Dec 07, 2014
@ ehisi. Can a brig. General automatically guarantee my shortlisting to the nigerian army ssc. Does collecting the form early gives me an edge too? Thanks
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 07, 2014
jazz04:

You sha want make boys dey gym
Lol
Hahahahaha
You sha quoted that long post just to tasi the guy cheesy
Go gym joor, you need am grin
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by Tunnamania(m): 7:13am On Dec 07, 2014
Jacinta75:
Hope u were told that u will be compelled to naked yourself totally for the medical test , and be checked by a male navy doctor? well, u won't be alone that time though, u would be among up to 5 ladies completely naked with him for the physical check up.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 by Luminary1(f): 8:58am On Dec 07, 2014
Some said it going to be white shirt and a blue short as a recruit....... I doubt dat any body who has an idea....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

NBC Management Trainee 2017 DragnetNG / Lady Loses Employment Opportunity Over Semi-nude DP On Social Media / Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.