Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University (34275 Views)

7 Benefits Of Attending A Public University / Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics / Is FUNAAB, Abeokuta The Most Beautiful Public University Campus In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by onihaxy: 7:40am On Sep 10, 2014
Ok
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by dryakson(m): 7:40am On Sep 10, 2014
Am watching the op in 3D.....counter my thread

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by CoCoLav(f): 7:40am On Sep 10, 2014
grin
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 10, 2014

Finally!!!!!
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by jonescyras(m): 7:40am On Sep 10, 2014
Yesterday > 6 reasons not to attend private universities

today > 6 reasons not to attend public universities.

Threads whe dey make front page these days na wash.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by buoye1(m): 7:40am On Sep 10, 2014
Mtcheeew! Oshi rata mah rayo!
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by itsIYKE(m): 7:41am On Sep 10, 2014
OduntanGabriel: This is a counter thread to what was written by a fellow nairalander.

Here are the 6 reasons why I attending a private university is good for you.

1)Conducive Environment : When you look at some government owned universities,you wonder if this is actually a secondary school or what? The government of nigeria doesn't really show much concerns to their schools but private university believes that a conducive environment is very essential for learning. When you go to private universities for a tour , you don't feel like leaving there, they have things in place for learning. You see student of public university overcrowded(receiving lectures through the window or standing @ the door) how do you learn in this environment,with so much heat thanks to the over population.

2)COST: Yea, I know you do be surprised I said cost. Private universities are expensive, you don't expect education to be cheap. The are expensive because they give you value for money. I leave you with the slogan which says if education is expensive try ignorance.

3)CONNECTION: No matter how rich a man is,if he doesn't have connection,he's useless. Private universities creates an avenue for you to meet the sons and daughters of the rich and powerful men in our societies. The Dangotes and otedolas have their sons ,daughters, nephew etc in this so called private universities and this can easily elevate you. Being a scholar does not guarantee you an employment opportunity in our society except you are connected. Isn't it a good thing to be dinning and winning with the crème de la crème of society? Answer me

4)SECURITY: Our public schools are not safe,not even safe for the lecturers not to talk of the students. Many student have lost their lives to this game called Cultism (even the innocent ones). Some lecturers who refuse to dance to the tune of this so called school prefects have kicked the bucket. What is the essence of making a 1st class in public universities and on your graduation day or final exam ,you get wasted. Abraham Maslow's listed 5 hierarchy of needs and SAFETY is one of it. Our Public universities are not safe for learning

5) STRIKE ACTION: OMG, why would a 4years course becomes 6years without any extra years or carry over? Strike has been one of the main problem facing the education system in nigeria. Some people entered the university @ the age of 25 with the hope of finishing a 4 years course but due to strike actions the finished at the age of 31 and couldn't go for their youth service because they are above 30years. In a private university, you know when you are graduating except the student failed some courses which lead to extra years.

6) Discipline: There is discipline in private university, you don't slap your lecturer, you don't threaten your fellow colleague. You don't run away from lecturers,you don't receive calls while having lectures, all because you want to party or flex. Remember , the main reason you are in school is too learn. Private university instill discipline on their student unlike public university.
. WTF

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by lymelyte(m): 7:41am On Sep 10, 2014
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by DrankFonga(m): 7:41am On Sep 10, 2014
[/quote] 6) Discipline: There is discipline in private university, you don't slap your lecturer, you don't threaten your fellow colleague. You don't run away from lecturers,you don't receive calls while having lectures, all because you want to party or flex. Remember , the main reason you are in school is too learn. Private university instill discipline on their student unlike public university.[/quote] com slap lecturer for FUT mx. U go hear am

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Eneze1(f): 7:41am On Sep 10, 2014
funny counter thread. You guys better do something productive with your life instead of creating threads that add nothing to your status. whether public or private whoever is going to make it in life will. Your success in life is not based on the higher institution attended but the stuff you are made of and the Grace of God

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by lacreamieboie(m): 7:43am On Sep 10, 2014
Private Universities... Producing more gays and lesbians since inception!

#teampublicuni #teamFUNAAB!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by playcharles(m): 7:43am On Sep 10, 2014
The OP must be high on water

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 10, 2014
OduntanGabriel: This is a counter thread to what was written by a fellow nairalander.

[s]Here are the 6 reasons why I attending a private university is good for you.
[/s]

With this your grammar, grin ;DI'm so glad to have attended a public University

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by DrankFonga(m): 7:44am On Sep 10, 2014
OduntanGabriel:
6) Discipline: There is discipline in private university, you don't slap your lecturer, you don't threaten your fellow colleague. You don't run away from lecturers,you don't receive calls while having lectures, all because you want to party or flex. Remember , the main reason you are in school is too learn. Private university instill discipline on their student unlike public university

com slap lecturer for FUT mx. U go hear am
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 10, 2014
lacreamieboie: Private Universities... Producing more gays and lesbians since inception!

#teampublicuni #teamFUNAAB!
_

Huh? No wonder. Reason with your ass much?

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by WOCKHARDI(m): 7:47am On Sep 10, 2014
Bottom line :There are good public universities and bad ones while there are bad private ones and some are good.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by hunkydory(m): 7:47am On Sep 10, 2014
There is nothing wrong with public schools generally unless the decline in standard in Nigeria.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by MORNDEW(m): 7:48am On Sep 10, 2014
Public or private what we need is quality education.
So the Story of Jonathan travelling with alleged Boko sponsor Sherif has not made front page. I pity Nigerian youth. Right thinking Nigerian youth shud we keep queit nd watch all dis on dis forum? We can do something.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by KnightOfLaif: 7:48am On Sep 10, 2014
Shey public schools... oh sorry I meant public universities wey lecturers dey treat dem students anyhow? Past glory schools...
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Sijioke(m): 7:48am On Sep 10, 2014
Private universities are bunch of craps.. I heard those private uni students wait until they unlock their gate to enta to the whole university boys or girls hostel after lecturing.. They lock and reopen the gates.. Some Secondary skul hostels are beta than them by far.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by kheart(m): 7:49am On Sep 10, 2014
op A graduate of Public uni is naturally ahead of u. So keep hating.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by KnightOfLaif: 7:50am On Sep 10, 2014
kheart: op A graduate of Public uni is naturally ahead of u. So keep hating.

lie lie lie

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 10, 2014
I've been waiting for this thread...finally..grin
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Mention(m): 7:52am On Sep 10, 2014
Another hit and miss post..
Op you go hear am today
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by shollay09(m): 7:52am On Sep 10, 2014

Here are the 6 reasons why I attending a private university is good for you.

1)Conducive Environment : When you look at some government owned universities,you wonder if this is actually a secondary school or what? The government of nigeria doesn't really show much concerns to their schools but private university believes that a conducive environment is very essential for learning. When you go to private universities for a tour , you don't feel like leaving there, they have things in place for learning. You see student of public university overcrowded(receiving lectures through the window or standing @ the door) how do you learn in this environment,with so much heat thanks to the over population.

2)COST: Yea, I know you do be surprised I said cost. Private universities are expensive, you don't expect education to be cheap. The are expensive because they give you value for money. I leave you with the slogan which says if education is expensive try ignorance.

3)CONNECTION: No matter how rich a man is,if he doesn't have connection,he's useless. Private universities creates an avenue for you to meet the sons and daughters of the rich and powerful men in our societies. The Dangotes and otedolas have their sons ,daughters, nephew etc in this so called private universities and this can easily elevate you. Being a scholar does not guarantee you an employment opportunity in our society except you are connected. Isn't it a good thing to be dinning and winning with the crème de la crème of society? Answer me

4)SECURITY: Our public schools are not safe,not even safe for the lecturers not to talk of the students. Many student have lost their lives to this game called Cultism (even the innocent ones). Some lecturers who refuse to dance to the tune of this so called school prefects have kicked the bucket. What is the essence of making a 1st class in public universities and on your graduation day or final exam ,you get wasted. Abraham Maslow's listed 5 hierarchy of needs and SAFETY is one of it. Our Public universities are not safe for learning

5) STRIKE ACTION: OMG, why would a 4years course becomes 6years without any extra years or carry over? Strike has been one of the main problem facing the education system in nigeria. Some people entered the university @ the age of 25 with the hope of finishing a 4 years course but due to strike actions the finished at the age of 31 and couldn't go for their youth service because they are above 30years. In a private university, you know when you are graduating except the student failed some courses which lead to extra years.

6) Discipline: There is discipline in private university, you don't slap your lecturer, you don't threaten your fellow colleague. You don't run away from lecturers,you don't receive calls while having lectures, all because you want to party or flex. Remember , the main reason you are in school is too learn. Private university instill discipline on their student unlike public university.
............ Well, we all know fingers they say are not equal.. Not only in private universities,'ll u see that.. You talk about been connected, disciplined, and time.. Why not try other universities if you won't see that... Come down to Unilorin,and am sure u'll be well groomed, get connected and I can boldly say we are even faster than some of d so called Private universities

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by msmon(m): 7:52am On Sep 10, 2014
Space booked, Lemme go through your points once again and I will know whether to give you a dirty slap or not!
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:53am On Sep 10, 2014
On facilities, the only that private universities can boast of being conducive are hostels and lecture halls. There laboratories (for both the humanities and the sciences) are not as equipped as some of those in some public universities. Have you asked yourself why some private universities said the Federal Government should extend grants from the Education Trust Fund, ETF, to them?
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Libkid(m): 7:55am On Sep 10, 2014
Another thread for public uni vs private uni.mtchew
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by ichommy(m): 7:57am On Sep 10, 2014
cheesy
Titiluvly: I've been waiting for this thread...finally..grin
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Horlawoomey(m): 7:57am On Sep 10, 2014
The OP should not have started what he cannot finish, see bashing everywhere............... 7th reason not to attend a private university ; You will not know where to create a counter thread.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by arimahoseloka(m): 7:58am On Sep 10, 2014
The only thing i see here is envy.. Offcourse private universities has its advantages. If not for anything atleast u will not spend 10 years writing jamb.. Just 2 enter public uni. The situaution is so bad now that Nigerians filled up the classrooms in ghana and cotonou. Nothing is as sweet as spending just 4 years in d university. U graduate still looking young and ready 4 more challenges in life.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by nickz(m): 7:58am On Sep 10, 2014
sorry op...i bet your lecturer asked you to write names of noisemakers yesterday grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

How Yabatech Students Sat For A Test / FUOYE Bans Students From Using Cars On Campus (pics) / 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.