Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,358 members, 7,780,977 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:43 AM

6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University (34237 Views)

7 Benefits Of Attending A Public University / Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics / Is FUNAAB, Abeokuta The Most Beautiful Public University Campus In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
louiskay: . 1............................................... Expecting the rest ooo............. Alert me wen u have dem ready #Abeg I won cook rice jare##go try am for lAndmark or AfE# ur Ass go hot
grin Yeah I heard Afe students eat at school cafeteria.
That is pathetic, I must say.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by EldaTimba(m): 6:05pm On Sep 10, 2014
fyneboi79: gringringrin Imagine d pot calling the kettle blackJust look at d terrible grammar construction of an 1diot who claims he schooled in a private uni. Thuunder fire ‎u for there! Shege dan mallam! grin
Smh. I am a fresher in one of the public skul in naija. Why not point out the errors. Seun do the needful.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Blackheritage: 6:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
kudoxs: 90percent of them failed utme and couldn't cope with the struggle to be one of the chosen out off millions that vie to gain admission into public universities.

You've said it all.... Most of their parents are ok and arrogant to start looking for Mr A & B to beg their Olodo children since the secondary they send to are good in teaching them English (how best they can speak English like Wole Soyinka) n nothing more. So the rest highest bidder and connections when they get university Certificates...lolz
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by thelastgenius: 6:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
joseph1832: I am sorry you just replied to it. Weda discussion end or not, na you sabi. Mr baseless.

Learn not to "beat about the bush" bro.....

You could lose a lot while at it.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by joseph1832(m): 6:23pm On Sep 10, 2014
thelastgenius:

Learn not to "beat about the bush" bro.....

You could lose a lot while at it.
Again coming from someone who ignored my comments and called it baseless! Na wa oh.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by thelastgenius: 6:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
joseph1832: Again coming from someone who ignored my comments and called it baseless! Na wa oh.

Dude!!
I didn't ignore your comments....
You only kept saying subjective stuff...
You didn't drive your points home neither did you answer my questions.
I dislike Convo's like that.
Isn't it best to end it?
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by gool(m): 6:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
Public Uni or Private Uni both are base on choice nd financial capacity but that does not determine Ur success in life. As for me, I got admission in both at same time nd I chose public Uni. U know why, I love my human rights nd I can't stand somebody or authority infringing on my right as if I did not ve option in life. I rep public education in Nigeria, I don't know other place o nd talking about my future children, check back in two decades time.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by emog17(m): 6:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
laurel03: Anything Private things in Nigeria, good than public things from all area of human endeavours because they give you value for your money... From education, security, health,just mention it.... Even public school have categories the first generation are different from second generation to third generation.. Truly the private school might not have big campuses and many courses like most of our public schools but they give them the value for their money.. Just compare from pry to secondary school to our public schools......
some private universities hv many courses as public universities.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Kunlexic(m): 6:35pm On Sep 10, 2014
coded80: The labour market has change,employer will not Ask u whether u atend a pivate or a public university,it depend on ur own ability,d way u develop urself.
even if they asked him,who wan employ him coz they will believe most students of private uni are dose dat uses fake result
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Ijobaorun(m): 6:52pm On Sep 10, 2014
If u truely attended a private university wt ur grammar, u are a big shame and a waster to ur parent.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by emog17(m): 6:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
silversonuc:
and have to leave d skool gate with an exit card nd must not return a minute after resumption or a fine is dished out, a skool wia guys nd gals are not allowed to sit on d same row in class, u call dat a uni, u must b kidding me
boys and girls are allowed to sit together in class except in church.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Mystery007(m): 6:55pm On Sep 10, 2014
Chidinho10: Most students in private universities are students that failed JAMB.
Gbam.. End of Discussion

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Kunlexic(m): 6:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
OduntanGabriel: This is a counter thread to what was written by a fellow nairalander.

Here are the 6 reasons why I attending a private university is good for you.

1)Conducive Environment : When you look at some government owned universities,you wonder if this is actually a secondary school or what? The government of nigeria doesn't really show much concerns to their schools but private university believes that a conducive environment is very essential for learning. When you go to private universities for a tour , you don't feel like leaving there, they have things in place for learning. You see student of public university overcrowded(receiving lectures through the window or standing @ the door) how do you learn in this environment,with so much heat thanks to the over population.

2)COST: Yea, I know you do be surprised I said cost. Private universities are expensive, you don't expect education to be cheap. The are expensive because they give you value for money. I leave you with the slogan which says if education is expensive try ignorance.

3)CONNECTION: No matter how rich a man is,if he doesn't have connection,he's useless. Private universities creates an avenue for you to meet the sons and daughters of the rich and powerful men in our societies. The Dangotes and otedolas have their sons ,daughters, nephew etc in this so called private universities and this can easily elevate you. Being a scholar does not guarantee you an employment opportunity in our society except you are connected. Isn't it a good thing to be dinning and winning with the crème de la crème of society? Answer me

4)SECURITY: Our public schools are not safe,not even safe for the lecturers not to talk of the students. Many student have lost their lives to this game called Cultism (even the innocent ones). Some lecturers who refuse to dance to the tune of this so called school prefects have kicked the bucket. What is the essence of making a 1st class in public universities and on your graduation day or final exam ,you get wasted. Abraham Maslow's listed 5 hierarchy of needs and SAFETY is one of it. Our Public universities are not safe for learning

5) STRIKE ACTION: OMG, why would a 4years course becomes 6years without any extra years or carry over? Strike has been one of the main problem facing the education system in nigeria. Some people entered the university @ the age of 25 with the hope of finishing a 4 years course but due to strike actions the finished at the age of 31 and couldn't go for their youth service because they are above 30years. In a private university, you know when you are graduating except the student failed some courses which lead to extra years.

6) Discipline: There is discipline in private university, you don't slap your lecturer, you don't threaten your fellow colleague. You don't run away from lecturers,you don't receive calls while having lectures, all because you want to party or flex. Remember , the main reason you are in school is too learn. Private university instill discipline on their student unlike public university.
all except your number 3 are dumb post. No. 2 reason is meaningless,u just want to form O.B.O,Davido family
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Kunlexic(m): 6:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
OduntanGabriel: This is a counter thread to what was written by a fellow nairalander.

Here are the 6 reasons why I attending a private university is good for you.

1)Conducive Environment : When you look at some government owned universities,you wonder if this is actually a secondary school or what? The government of nigeria doesn't really show much concerns to their schools but private university believes that a conducive environment is very essential for learning. When you go to private universities for a tour , you don't feel like leaving there, they have things in place for learning. You see student of public university overcrowded(receiving lectures through the window or standing @ the door) how do you learn in this environment,with so much heat thanks to the over population.

2)COST: Yea, I know you do be surprised I said cost. Private universities are expensive, you don't expect education to be cheap. The are expensive because they give you value for money. I leave you with the slogan which says if education is expensive try ignorance.

3)CONNECTION: No matter how rich a man is,if he doesn't have connection,he's useless. Private universities creates an avenue for you to meet the sons and daughters of the rich and powerful men in our societies. The Dangotes and otedolas have their sons ,daughters, nephew etc in this so called private universities and this can easily elevate you. Being a scholar does not guarantee you an employment opportunity in our society except you are connected. Isn't it a good thing to be dinning and winning with the crème de la crème of society? Answer me

4)SECURITY: Our public schools are not safe,not even safe for the lecturers not to talk of the students. Many student have lost their lives to this game called Cultism (even the innocent ones). Some lecturers who refuse to dance to the tune of this so called school prefects have kicked the bucket. What is the essence of making a 1st class in public universities and on your graduation day or final exam ,you get wasted. Abraham Maslow's listed 5 hierarchy of needs and SAFETY is one of it. Our Public universities are not safe for learning

5) STRIKE ACTION: OMG, why would a 4years course becomes 6years without any extra years or carry over? Strike has been one of the main problem facing the education system in nigeria. Some people entered the university @ the age of 25 with the hope of finishing a 4 years course but due to strike actions the finished at the age of 31 and couldn't go for their youth service because they are above 30years. In a private university, you know when you are graduating except the student failed some courses which lead to extra years.

6) Discipline: There is discipline in private university, you don't slap your lecturer, you don't threaten your fellow colleague. You don't run away from lecturers,you don't receive calls while having lectures, all because you want to party or flex. Remember , the main reason you are in school is too learn. Private university instill discipline on their student unlike public university.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by loswhite(m): 7:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
Chidinho10: Most students in private universities are students that failed JAMB.
so u when pass jamb na feel say u sabi pass ppl when fail am abi.... U use expo pass jamb and u hold am high as the true test of ur knowledge....smh
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by loswhite(m): 7:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
kudoxs: 90percent of them failed utme and couldn't cope with the struggle to be one of the chosen out off millions that vie to gain admission into public universities.
since when has jamb suddenly become a determining factor in knowledge. An examination that is chracterized by malpractice.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Neinah(f): 7:48pm On Sep 10, 2014
MORNDEW:
there is something we can do. I dont wnt to be the one to Initiate it. Any little step i tk here, am banned. But u know what i think something will happen.

U see? That is the problem, no one wants to initiate anything.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by drizzy009: 7:49pm On Sep 10, 2014
mstik: is that so? where is your source?
you no understand english abi, the guy used the word "most", not "all". Dumbhead
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Namdeenero(m): 7:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
gen2briz: OP did you really mention discipline....... You got to be kidding me
Wz surprised too.. if u cnt discipline urslf by the time ur admitted into a higher institution ur case is somtin else
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by drizzy009: 7:55pm On Sep 10, 2014
wanderlust007: cum to FUNAAB and learn discipline.. and wen i say discipline... I don't mean "forceful discipline"
#teamfunaab
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by mstik(f): 7:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
If you know anything at all,he still needs a credible source to confirm that fact, mr. smartass
drizzy009:
you no understand english abi, the guy used the word "most", not "all". Dumbhead
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by siegfried99(m): 8:17pm On Sep 10, 2014
itsIYKE: private universities are filled wit losers from well-to do families,who can't compete

2 million likes. grin
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
This thread reeks of jealousy and envy.
Na wa o! All you public university graduates should take it easy beefing the rich kids. No one asked your parents not to be rich enough to send you to a private university.
Many of them are intelligent and disciplined. They have good command of English Language unlike 50% of the graduates and undergraduates in public schools.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by jamesbridget13(f): 8:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
Rubbish post. Op wat was ur jamb score?
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by engrsoma(m): 8:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
Last year when When I was still searching for admission. madonna sent me a text message saying I have been admitted. Nawaooo, If they are so good why are they looking for students like that. The truth is that if those in private uni had gotten admission to UNN, UNIPORT, OAU ETC. they wouldnt have looked at the priv uni at all, wether from rich parents or not.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by drizzy009: 8:39pm On Sep 10, 2014
loswhite: so u when pass jamb na feel say u sabi pass ppl when fail am abi.... U use expo pass jamb and u hold am high as the true test of ur knowledge....smh
compose your grammar
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by drizzy009: 8:41pm On Sep 10, 2014
peppyluv02: This thread reeks of jealousy and envy.
Na wa o! All you public university graduates should take it easy beefing the rich kids. No one asked your parents not to be rich enough to send you to a private university.
Many of them are intelligent and disciplined. They have good command of English Language unlike 50% of the graduates and undergraduates in public schools.
see your mouth.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by engrsoma(m): 8:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
peppyluv02: This thread reeks of jealousy and envy.

1. the way you speak its as if you adore money wella
2. All parents would like to send their kids to respected public universities which they themselves graduated from, do you think that those rich parents are happy sending their kids to those expensive schools.
3. forming phonetics is not the same as having good command of english language. No be this same nigeria we all grow up, wetin give them the foreign accent, eating fried rice?.
4. Even if my dad was bill gates, i would rather he used that money he would spend on my school fees to runz UNN for me.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Maureenurch(f): 8:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
Lwkm, nlnders una no go kill person,counter topc indeed, so up private unis o....#lols
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by kudoxs(m): 9:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
loswhite: since when has jamb suddenly become a determining factor in knowledge. An examination that is chracterized by malpractice.
just because it is characterized by malpractise doesn't justify people failing it.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Frankestein08(m): 9:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
Not to counter both parties but I would say that private schools ve their advantages so as their disadvantages also same goes for public schools...not everybody can afford a private skul, someone lyk me can afford a private skul but I goto a public uni I jst feel dat it's a waste of money & mostly for loosers who're scared of trying again after failing jamb & those who're scared of competition especially those who goto skul cos dier mates re goin so dey end up studying stupid courses @ a high cost, I mean y shld I pay millions for a course that is irrelevant in nigeria!!! that's just stupid thinking.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Newborn Baby Dumped Inside Dustbin In Oko Poly Female Hostel (Graphic Photos) / What Is The Differences Between Pre-degree And Remedial? / How Yabatech Students Sat For A Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.