Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station (2163 Views)

Ike Ekweremadu's Radio Station / Enugu Set To Become Nigeria's Flagship City --- Guardian UK / GHOST WORKERS: Enugu set to introduce Biometrics in all local government areas. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
News Published on Tuesday, 09 September 2014 17:12 Written by Tony Adibe

The Enugu State Government may have concluded plans to shut down the Enugu-based Dream FM Station, said to be owned by the Deputy Senate President , Senator Ike Ekweremadu.

In an undated letter with reference ENS/ECTDA/ADM/69/Vol. 11/312 written by the Commissioner for the Enugu Capital Territory and Chairman of Enugu Capital Territory Development Authority, Engr. Ikechukwu Ugwuegede and delivered to the FM station on Monday, the State Government demanded the radio station to submit its building plan failing which it would be shut down.

Although the letter is entitled “Approval for All Telecommunication Masts in Enugu Capital City”, the body of the letter, reads: “In line with state government policy on Urban Renewal to create an efficient city, Enugu Capital Territory Development Authority in its resolve to create and manage the city infrastructural development in line with the original master plan (sic).

“You are advised to submit your building approval plan to Enugu Capital Development Authority on or before 12th September, 2014.

“Failure to comply with the stated deadline will result in the closure of your programmes.”

Daily Trust learnt that Dream FM started broadcasting since two years ago but efforts to contact the management of the radio station failed, although an insider at the station said the company’s lawyers would study the letter to make some sense out of it.

The insider said: “The heading of the letter talks about approval for telecommunications masts, but the body talks about building plan. So, my thinking is that the management and lawyers would meet in earnest to study the letter and maybe request the ECTDA to clarify”.

However, in a swift reaction, the Enugu Rescue Group, ERG, has lampooned the move as “totally political and an extension of Governor Chime media clampdown and civilian dictatorship in Enugu State”.

In a statement signed by its National Publicity Secretary, Comrade Martin Okenwa and made available to reporters in Enugu, the group said that ‘’the disparity between the heading of the letter and its content showed that the Enugu State Government was just gambling on the best way to silence the Dream FM before it finally settled for the so-called building approval plan”.

The ERG further reasoned: “This radio station has been standing right in front of the Enugu State Government Secretariat for many years. So, why this emergency demand for building approval plan and why the threat to shut it down a few weeks to the PDP congresses and primaries?”

According to the group, “Today, Enugu people only read what the State government allows because government mops up every edition of newspapers and magazines which contents it considers unfriendly; it locked out the media during the recent kangaroo impeachment trial; hence this imminent clampdown on the Dream FM Enugu is a bid to also determine what the people listen to. It is indeed a total affront on free press and a grave threat and disservice to a free democratic society.”

It urged the media, the civil society and conscientious politicians in the State to stand up against what it called “full blown impunity and tyranny in Enugu State”.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/news/33932-2015-enugu-set-to-shut-down-ekweremadu-s-radio-station
Re: 2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station by UnknownT: 7:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
Sullivan Hitler
Re: 2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station by jaytee01(m): 7:51pm On Sep 09, 2014
Is it actually the half dead Chime that is doing all this?
Re: 2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 09, 2014
you chased away your wife, your deputy and now an investment.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station by RockMaxi: 8:07pm On Sep 09, 2014
Dream FM started broadcasting since two years ago but efforts to
contact the management of the radio station
failed, although an insider at the station said the
company’s lawyers would study the letter to
make some sense out of it.

The Warlord in Enugu has just woken from slumber and ready to devour anything and everything that looks like an opposition even himself along the line. angry wink
Re: 2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station by capricon: 8:10pm On Sep 09, 2014
Hehe!
Re: 2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station by Omexonomy: 8:17pm On Sep 09, 2014
In politics such any thing is allow to make sure the oppositions ar driven to oblivion.
Re: 2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station by Collynzo16: 8:49pm On Sep 09, 2014
His wife
His deputy
Emenike the footballer
and now Ekweremadu.

Should we be wishing that cancer he had resurfaces?

1 Like

Re: 2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station by Faun(m): 8:54pm On Sep 09, 2014
Collynzo16: His wife
His deputy
Emenike the footballer
and now Ekweremadu.

Should we be wishing that cancer he had resurfaces?

I think the cancer resurfaced long ago... in his brain.
Re: 2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station by Nnewi1stSon: 8:54pm On Sep 09, 2014
WTF is wrong with this Sullivan, I understand His desire to install his stooge post 2015. but it shouldn't be at the expense of rights of others!
Re: 2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 09, 2014
I know we have an emperor in Enugu but this is a new low. The governor should give a thought to those that will be rendered jobless. Their should be limit to political fights. This was how all the investments of Chimaroke was killed. Enugu definitely cannot afford to continue to kill businesses because of political differences
Re: 2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
Sullivan playing immature politics since 2007.
Let him come down first, he will so acct for Enugu allocations that he spends on hoes.
Useless man
Re: 2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 09, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
. The governor should give a thought to those that will be rendered jobless. This was how all the investments of Chimaroke was killed.
E concern am?
Re: 2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station by seanet02: 10:10pm On Sep 09, 2014
[quote author=Omexonomy]In politics such any thing is allow to make sure the oppositions ar driven to oblivion.[/quote
Re: 2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station by poiZon: 10:30pm On Sep 09, 2014
aw dis news tek consain super eakles win tmao?
in anoda news abeg who win that 100million naira centenary promo?

1 Like

Re: 2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station by Nobody: 12:06am On Sep 10, 2014
Am currently listening to dream fm, that is the best fm station in the southeast currently.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station by Nobody: 12:45am On Sep 10, 2014
I smell front page.
Re: 2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station by Gboliwe: 2:50am On Sep 10, 2014
This is so wrong. I have always loved, respected and accepted the leadership skill in this governor. What the heck, I have even at times seen him in my mind's eye leading Abia state. But recently, like since his return from "a hospital in india, germany, london, wherever", he has changed for the worse completely! Like he is on a vengeance.
Rainbownet, Cosmofm and other investments that made the state happen in those days and gave some families food all were closed down. Now dream fm? Witch hunting is bad. cry
Re: 2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station by seanet02: 3:18am On Sep 10, 2014
Gboliwe: This is so wrong. I have always loved, respected and accepted the leadership skill in this governor. What the heck, I have even at times seen him in my mind's eye leading Abia state. But recently, like since his return from "a hospital in india, germany, london, wherever", he has changed for the worse completely! Like he is on a vengeance.
Rainbownet, Cosmofm and other investments that made the state happen in those days and gave some families food all were closed down. Now dream fm? Witch hunting is bad. cry
Do you people have media in the east at all?
No Governor dare closed down the business of political opponents in South west.
So he closed down all this companies?

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station by Gboliwe: 3:20am On Sep 10, 2014
seanet02:
Do you people have media in the east at all?
No Governor dare closed down the business of political opponents in South west.
So he closed down all this companies?
I do not stay in the east and don't know much about its media outlets.
Re: 2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station by egift(m): 4:04am On Sep 10, 2014
Oga Chime, nothing is permanent in life. Ekweremadu's sin is targeting Chime's Seat and Chime having someone else in mind. Karma is an ugly pal.

DreamFM http://www.dream925fm.net/
Re: 2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station by akumada1: 7:47am On Sep 10, 2014
the same thing they did to casmus fm which most of us in benue cry. They should please let dream fm be. It is only trusted independent radio station around and that is why they doing this.
Re: 2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station by Plshavmercyamen: 9:54am On Sep 10, 2014
And we wonder why our well to do sons and daughters prefer investing outside our states and region? This kinda nonsense in the name of political witch hunt MUST not be allowed to continue to fester in any part of Igbo Land cos the consequences whether in the short run or long run wil be very disastrous for all of us! The Igbo race not just only the people of Enugu State MUST rise in unison not only online but offline to not only condemn but fight this stupidity and short sightedness by Chime(If true). Udo diri unu.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 10, 2014
The same way Kasmo abi Cosmo FM was destroyed. Rainbownet was also destroyed. Both owned by Chimaroke Nnamani.

Ndi Enugu me pe unu anya o!
Re: 2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station by naijaking1: 11:10am On Sep 10, 2014
UnknownT: Sullivan Hitler

I had called him "The God of Enugu State" earlier!
The man doesn't fail to deliver, what a shame!
Re: 2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 10, 2014
berem: The same way Kasmo abi Cosmo FM was destroyed. Rainbownet was also destroyed. Both owned by Chimaroke Nnamani.

Ndi Enugu me pe unu anya o!

u dey mind them?
Re: 2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station by capricon: 5:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
Dirty money is dirty money. Its as simple as that

(1) (Reply)

Most 'famous' Alumni Of The University Of Ibadan (photo) / Saraki's Arrest Order, Ccb, Cct, Fhc And The Law By Ibikunle Isaac / I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.