Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,827 members, 7,802,645 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Christain Wise, Can A Divorcé/divorcée Remarry? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christain Wise, Can A Divorcé/divorcée Remarry? (630 Views)

Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective / Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress / Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christain Wise, Can A Divorcé/divorcée Remarry? by clemigho(m): 7:48pm On Sep 09, 2014
Recently, I witnessed an argument/ debate about if a man / woman that is divorced due to infidelity of his/ her partner can remarry.
So house am asking is it okay from christian perspective?
Re: Christain Wise, Can A Divorcé/divorcée Remarry? by Rehil(f): 7:56pm On Sep 09, 2014
Nope.a christain marriage is valid in d eyes of God n men till death.as long as one partner is alive,n d oda gets married its adultery.[color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: Christain Wise, Can A Divorcé/divorcée Remarry? by clemigho(m): 8:09pm On Sep 09, 2014
Rehil: Nope.a christain marriage is valid in d eyes of God n men till death.as long as one partner is alive,n d oda gets married its adultery.[color=#000099][/color]
But what of the account of Matthew 19:9 Therefore I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, unless it be for infidelity, and marries another, commits adultery."
Re: Christain Wise, Can A Divorcé/divorcée Remarry? by Rehil(f): 8:18pm On Sep 09, 2014
U answer is in verse 8.What kind of sin is beyond forgiveness dat wil lead 2 divorce?
clemigho:
But what of the account of Matthew 19:9 Therefore I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, unless it be for infidelity, and marries another, commits adultery."
Re: Christain Wise, Can A Divorcé/divorcée Remarry? by JesusisLord85: 10:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
clemigho: Recently, I witnessed an argument/ debate about if a man / woman that is divorced due to infidelity of his/ her partner can remarry.
So house am asking is it okay from christian perspective?

NOTE: A woman cannot divorce her husband. Only her husband can divorce her.

Second: Adultery, according to the bible is defined as:

1. A married man having an affair with a woman that is also married
2. A single man having an affair with a woman that is already married
Re: Christain Wise, Can A Divorcé/divorcée Remarry? by Joagbaje(m): 6:12am On Sep 10, 2014
JesusisLord85:

NOTE: A woman cannot divorce her husband. Only her husband can divorce her.

Divorce is both ways :

1 Corinthians 7:10-11
And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

Second: Adultery, according to the bible is defined as:

1. A married man having an affair with a woman that is also married
2. A single man having an affair with a woman that is already married

So what you're saying can be summed in one thing . Adultery is having affair with a married woman .
Re: Christain Wise, Can A Divorcé/divorcée Remarry? by Joagbaje(m): 6:17am On Sep 10, 2014
Re: Christain Wise, Can A Divorcé/divorcée Remarry? by JesusisLord85: 12:12am On Sep 11, 2014
Joagbaje:

Divorce is both ways :

1 Corinthians 7:10-11
And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

So what you're saying can be summed in one thing . Adultery is having affair with a married woman .

You can't stop a woman from running. But according to the law, the woman can't put her husband away. Her husband can put her away if she played the harlot.

Do you know the law of a man who suspects his wife of adultery? Read Numbers 5.

Once you have read it, notice, there is no such law for a woman who suspects her husband of the same thing? For men could have more than one wife then:

How else could this be possible:

Deuteronomy 21
15 If a man have two wives, one beloved, and another hated, and they have born him children, both the beloved and the hated; and if the firstborn son be hers that was hated:
16 Then it shall be, when he maketh his sons to inherit that which he hath, that he may not make the son of the beloved firstborn before the son of the hated, which is indeed the firstborn:
17 But he shall acknowledge the son of the hated for the firstborn, by giving him a double portion of all that he hath: for he is the beginning of his strength; the right of the firstborn is his.

After all, we know that an illegitimate child shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord.

Shalom

(1) (Reply)

Help Is Coming Your Way / Please, Is This A Sin? / What Happens After The Rapture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.