Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo (30284 Views)

Senate Presidency: PDP Begins Move To Battle APC / I’m Eager To See How Buhari Will End Corruption In Nigeria – Femi Aribisala / "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by Godbest(m): 9:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
The son of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Lt. Col Adeboye Obasanjo, who was shot in the ferocious Michika battle between the Nigerian military and Boko Haram has expressed eagerness to return to the battle front.

The revelation was made on Tuesday when former Vice President Atiku Abubakar visited the wounded soldier who is recuperating at a government medical facility in Yola, Adamawa State on Tuesday.

Atiku, who was in Yola over the weekend to vote in the All Progressives Congress gubernatorial primaries and to collect his permanent voter card on learning that Lt. Colonel Obasanjo was being treated at a government medical facility in Yola, went to visit him Tuesday afternoon.

A Source at the hospital told our Correspondent that Atiku was glad to find the soldier son of former President Obasanjo in high spirit.

According to the source, the former Vice President, who recently mended fences with his former boss was impressed to learn from the injured officer his readiness to return to the front to deal with the insurgents.

The source quoted Atiku to have told Lt. Col Obasanjo that he was impressed to see him display the type of courage associated with his former boss, President Obasanjo.

“He was even marching before me even as he was recovering from gunshots,” the source recounted Atiku as saying.

The Turaki Adamawa was said to have wished Lt. Col Adeboye Obasanjo speedy recovery from the injuries he sustained from gunshot in an operation to push back Boko Haram insurgents from Michika in Adamawa state.

http://www.punchng.com/news/im-eager-to-return-to-battle-injured-obasanjo/

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 09, 2014
Gallant soldier

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by Godbest(m): 9:39pm On Sep 09, 2014
just like the way your father lead the Nigeria army to victory against the biafra,
I see you adeboye obansanjo leading our Great Nigeria Army to victory against BOKO HARAM

But am sure you will be redeploy fast from that battle front assignment

but i have one assignment for you make sure get all war strategic from your father so we can win this War

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by mistudreh(m): 9:40pm On Sep 09, 2014
God bless our soldiers... May He give you victory in all battles... Nigeria shall rise again!!!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by purplesummer(f): 9:52pm On Sep 09, 2014
That's the spirit!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by EdCure: 9:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
Thank God he survived!

16 Likes

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by brownlord: 10:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
We don hear, this one na media talk, no surprise say em go don dey call e papa to tell Jonathan make them redeploy him go south south or South west.

Speedy recovery sojo

5 Likes

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by lionduke(m): 10:03pm On Sep 09, 2014
all na wash, all these hype because he is obasanjo. so many gallant soldiers have lost there life's in active service without mention. may God bring succour to the families of fallen soldiers and they rest in bosom of the Almighty.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by anomsodi(m): 10:12pm On Sep 09, 2014
Smoking igbo since 1800

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by Rexnegro(m): 10:19pm On Sep 09, 2014
Its well...quick recovery gallant soldier ..!!! Recover n kill them all pls

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by OCTAVO: 10:32pm On Sep 09, 2014

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by shiffynaani(m): 10:42pm On Sep 09, 2014
MayorofLagos:

...you know!! grin

unlike freaking Ibo Cowards that flee batllefront into gaddem Cameroon to escape from bokoharam onslaught.

Now we know we owns this yeye country!

God Bless Oodua!
just shaking my head at this tribalized sentencesad

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by tit(f): 11:28pm On Sep 09, 2014
Oh!
So this Adeboye Obasanjo missed his appointment with Allahu and 72 virgins to join?

3 Likes

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by drsteroid(m): 12:53am On Sep 10, 2014
Brave soldier!as brave as his father.Godspeed galant soldier..bravery runs in your family's blood

10 Likes

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by sirjohnson(m): 2:27am On Sep 10, 2014
As brave as his father

7 Likes

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by MayorofLagos(m): 2:28am On Sep 10, 2014
morgang:

I guess it is not too late to obtain the ongoing army form. You can make Oodua people proud as a gallant soldier to be.......

probably you will no what it takes to flee at the battle front when you are out of arms and ammunition....

Tribal bigoT!!!

na only you waka come? angry

11 Likes

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by phlemzy: 2:50am On Sep 10, 2014
Lt. Col. Obasanjo our prayers are right with u! We shall be victorious at the very end!

4 Likes

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by edo3(m): 3:23am On Sep 10, 2014
Yeah!! Burma spirit.. Gallant officer,,nothing do u sir..

5 Likes

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by egift(m): 3:25am On Sep 10, 2014
Quick recovery and may God help our Soldiers. Our top officers and leaders at the top are the prolonging this crisis.

1 Like

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by EddyNumerouno(m): 3:47am On Sep 10, 2014
I spoke with someone in the Col. Obasanjo's unit and he said the troops morale is low as they had to retreat to Yola. Hearing this will undoubtedly boost their spirits. NA will overcome

Last bullet, funny how some people hide behind free/bonus data and call someone who even graced a battle theatre a coward. "Talk is cheap, action isn't"

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

“Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech / Patience Jonathan At The Burial Of Bethel Obuah In Rivers .PICS / Buhari To Commission Cross River Noodles Factory, Fertilizer, Chicken Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.