Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,888 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Marriage Not Compulsory. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Not Compulsory. (2004 Views)

7 Decades Of Marriage, Not One Arguement! / Is Childless Marriage Not A Problem ? / Is Marriage Not Boring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 13, 2014
EfemenaXY:

grin grin grin

Who says I'm not in Naija at present? Love the goat analogy though... cheesy

No one did.
But If u r, then u need to stop what ur doing and get the heck out, like now! grin
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by ximarro(m): 7:58pm On Sep 13, 2014
EfemenaXY:

It wasn't sarcasm.

He meant it. Literally.

And this ^^ is just another example of why I say he's contradicting himself. He's no better than the meddling folk who pressurize women into hopping into marriage just to suit societal 'norms' whatever those may be.
u wrong. A lady is suppose to get married in my opinion before that age but dat doesn't mean she should do it becos she wana suit societal norms. I believe everyone has his or her opinion on this. If u look at my post, u will see dat I stated marriage is not compulsory and should not be forced on our ladies. U can say I am meddling but I believe many have learnt one or two things from d points. It is not bad to get married but if it is not forthcoming, folks shouldn't force it. As regards d age of marriage, dats my opinion and it doesn't mean a lady can't get married at any age. Every general rule has an exception...I will say here dat my opinion also has exceptions which are d opinions of Others. We r here to help our ladies and profer solutions to what we all know is a fact in our society. God bless.
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by ximarro(m): 8:04pm On Sep 13, 2014
iwakolewa:

so if at 35,a lady is still single, and she doesn't want to settle for less of a man that she believes is the best for her.......what should she do?
less of a man? It depends on what u mean by less of a man. I am of d view dat she can still get married at any age but if at 35 she hasn't seen a man she likes, den sumtin must be wrong with her. Let's reason dis; from d age of 20 to 30 which is 10 years, I believe of all d men dat will chase a lady, de should be one amongst them who will be genuine. If a lady at 35 doesn't wana settle for less of a man, she can decide to stay single or kip d search going. Like I said, it depends what u mean by "less of a man". Pls elucidate more on that. God bless.
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by ximarro(m): 8:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Because?
Time flies and her biological clock is ticking, Xcept she got good reasons to stay single and like I said, marriage is not compulsory. Peeps shouldn't get me wrong. I am not saying a lady must get married...dis thread is addressing the issue or rather a situation where our ladies are forced to get married when de r not ready or d worst of situations haven't seen anyone approaching then for marriage. God bless.
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by EfemenaXY: 8:09pm On Sep 13, 2014
ximarro: u wrong. A lady is suppose to get married in my opinion before that age but dat doesn't mean she should do it becos she wana suit societal norms. I believe everyone has his or her opinion on this. If u look at my post, u will see dat I stated marriage is not compulsory and should not be forced on our ladies. U can say I am meddling but I believe many have learnt one or two things from d points. It is not bad to get married but if it is not forthcoming, folks shouldn't force it. As regards d age of marriage, dats my opinion and it doesn't mean a lady can't get married at any age. Every general rule has an exception...I will say here dat my opinion also has exceptions which are d opinions of Others. We r here to help our ladies and profer solutions to what we all know is a fact in our society. God bless.

And what sort of 'help' and 'solution(s)' are you proposing to single ladies?

Why do you assume just because they're single at a certain age, they require 'help' and 'solution'? You do realize that helping and proffering solutions are only deemed necessary, if there is a problem.

So do you agree that you're indirectly suggesting that any single woman past a certain age has got problems? And that you're proposing marriage is the effective 'cure' to this 'problem' of theirs... yes?
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 13, 2014
ximarro: Time flies and her biological clock is ticking, Xcept she got good reasons to stay single and like I said, marriage is not compulsory. Peeps shouldn't get me wrong. I am not saying a lady must get married...dis thread is addressing the issue or rather a situation where our ladies are forced to get married when de r not ready or d worst of situations haven't seen anyone approaching then for marriage. God bless.

The biological clock is a factor but should not make anyone rush into marriage.

Some people marry early but cannot have children. We cannot plan everything in life.

Some people don't want to have children.

Others find partners who already have (enough) children.

I therefore think that a woman should marry when she feels ready to and has the right partner.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 13, 2014
ximarro: less of a man? It depends on what u mean by less of a man. I am of d view dat she can still get married at any age but if at 35 she hasn't seen a man she likes, den sumtin must be wrong with her. Let's reason dis; from d age of 20 to 30 which is 10 years, I believe of all d men dat will chase a lady, de should be one amongst them who will be genuine. If a lady at 35 doesn't wana settle for less of a man, she can decide to stay single or kip d search going. Like I said, it depends what u mean by "less of a man". Pls elucidate more on that. God bless.

I wish I can elaborate......but let me just try a little. ...if between ages 27-29, a lady is in a relationship with a guy,and the guy is a chronic smoker and alcoholic,she tries to talk him out of it, but yet he wont change,she on the other hand knows she can't live with such a guy,she ends the relationship,luckily for her she gets into another relationship,and for two more years,she has to deal with a violent guy,someone with a quick temper. ...she takes a walk again....by now,she is 31,then she meets an almost perfect guy,only to discover few weeks to their wedding day, that the guy is an unrepentant cheat, she,being a smart lady that wants peace of mind, calls off the wedding, by now,she's 35 years old,and still searching for that right man that will give her peace of mind, she knows her worth....so she knows she deserves a good man in all aspects of being good,so why should she because of pressure,settle for someone that will end up making her unhappy?
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 13, 2014
carefreewannabe:

The biological clock is a factor but should not make anyone rush into marriage.

Some people marry early but cannot have children. We cannot plan everything in life.

Some people don't want to have children.

Others find partners who already have (enough) children.

I therefore think that a woman should marry when she feels ready to and has the right partner.

May God continue to bless you kiss kiss
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 13, 2014
iwakolewa:

May God continue to bless you kiss kiss

Thank you very much smiley smiley smiley

I wish you the same smiley wink kiss
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by spanzed(m): 8:57pm On Sep 13, 2014
ximarro: Well, I agree with u but the problem with this some Preachers and parents is that the make it look as if it is the fault of the women even if it is no fault of the gals. Preachers who also toe that line most times can't profer solutions. It is instructive to note that apart from the spiritual aspect that deter many girls from getting married, it is possible for any gal to get married and I believe it has notin to do much with her character or whatever...afterall, we see stubborn gals, character flawed gals getting married. I believe whoever will get married, will get married.
I agree with that ma...some people don't no how to correct dey just do it anyhow
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by EfemenaXY: 9:15pm On Sep 13, 2014
iwakolewa:

I wish I can elaborate......but let me just try a little. ...if between ages 27-29, a lady is in a relationship with a guy,and the guy is a chronic smoker and alcoholic,she tries to talk him out of it, but yet he wont change,she on the other hand knows she can't live with such a guy,she ends the relationship,luckily for her she gets into another relationship,and for two more years,she has to deal with a violent guy,someone with a quick temper. ...she takes a walk again....by now,she is 31,then she meets an almost perfect guy,only to discover few weeks to their wedding day, that the guy is an unrepentant cheat, she,being a smart lady that wants peace of mind, calls off the wedding, by now,she's 35 years old,and still searching for that right man that will give her peace of mind, she knows her worth....so she knows she deserves a good man in all aspects of being good,so why should she because of pressure,settle for someone that will end up making her unhappy?

That's why we preach it not 'how quickly' one gets married, but 'how well' they maintain that prickly garden called marriage.

Ideally, marriage should be for life. You don't just opt out because it gets tough. Opting out is perfectly acceptable for those dating. Not for those married...
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by gidjah(m): 10:33pm On Sep 13, 2014
kayciano:
U MADE A POINT ....
BUT IF u follow a LADY's mouth(scissors mouth)...u will never cease having sleepless nights.
SOME MEN are very GOOD at TAMING dem...
IF u approach them..dey will offer u CLUES....
Some men will always tell u to WALK OUT ON DEM WEN D HEAT is ON..(Possibly lodge in a hotel for days) because if u UNLEASH UR ANGER it could lead to BATTERING and possibly DEATH.
LIKE MY MUM will always say ,that women have SHARP mouths and for u to CONTROL dem u must 1st make dem know u are the MAN...by telling dem what u DISLIKE about dem from DAY 1...despite their beauty...because if u fail to do so ,it wil always HAUNT U in future.
BUT if not MARRIED and u find these TRAITS in your LADY better DUMP her FAST...because her MOTHER may be the worst when u eventually MARRY HER.
because ur wife will always rely on her for DEADLY ADVICES.
and she may eventually visit U ...wen u both are married.
wish i can do that 'leaving the house thing 4like three days',it might work out u kno
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by ximarro(m): 11:29am On Sep 14, 2014
gidjah: wish i can do that 'leaving the house thing 4like three days',it might work out u kno
lol...leaving d house? mehn...dat invites more troubles.
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by gidjah(m): 9:56pm On Sep 14, 2014
ximarro: lol...leaving d house? mehn...dat invites more troubles.
LOTS of them will say three before u finish sayin one!and blood fit rise for beating levels o!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exposed! Why Some Nigerian Men Hurt Some Ladies In Relationships / Avoid Women Who Always Seem 2av D Best Advice But Neva Seem2av A Wrkin Relatnshp / Heartbreaking Photos: Syrian Father Sells Pens While Carrying His Sleeping Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.