Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,277 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:41 AM

Kindly Download My First Android Mobile Application - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Kindly Download My First Android Mobile Application (1917 Views)

Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) / How To Create Your First Android App Like Instagram / How To Build And Design A Mobile Application Like 2go, Whatsapp, Mixit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindly Download My First Android Mobile Application by Mercyraheem: 8:38am On Sep 10, 2014
I am new into mobile applications development, so i decided to start with a tutorial on Computer networking in form of a mobile app which runs on all android phones and also it is ready for download on google play store.
Please follow the link below to download the app. Criticism, encouragement, correction ,mode of application is highly welcomed.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andromo.dev339155.app335961

1 Like

Re: Kindly Download My First Android Mobile Application by nollyj: 2:44pm On Sep 10, 2014
Although I did not download it but what I could see in play store is that you need to work on these issues

1. Typography: Learn a bit about typography to understand how base to use it.

2. Some part of your background images are blur. You can improve the quality of some of your images

3. Contrast: Putting a white colored text on a light green background color does not give enough contrast. This can affect readability.

Nice work

Best of luck
Re: Kindly Download My First Android Mobile Application by Mercyraheem: 5:14pm On Sep 10, 2014
Thanks so much @ nollyj. It will be corrected in my next update
Re: Kindly Download My First Android Mobile Application by asalimpo(m): 7:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
Mercy are u a woman/girl?
Askg cuz of monica name.
Re: Kindly Download My First Android Mobile Application by Mercyraheem: 10:48pm On Sep 10, 2014
am a guy
Re: Kindly Download My First Android Mobile Application by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 16, 2014
Mercyraheem: I am new into mobile applications development, so i decided to start with a tutorial on Computer networking in form of a mobile app which runs on all android phones and also it is ready for download on google play store.
Please follow the link below to download the app. Criticism, encouragement, correction ,mode of application is highly welcomed.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andromo.dev339155.app335961

I downloaded your App, nice idea, just like the Dictionary App I made for someone here on NL.

I would have negatively criticised your App, if it were from a Big software company, but your tried with the App.

But I will advise you, to stop using jQueryMobile UI frameworks or any Web App technology to make your App, if you want your audience to smile go Native.

SIMPLE.
Re: Kindly Download My First Android Mobile Application by Mercyraheem: 5:52pm On Sep 16, 2014
Thank you very much @ phatjoe, i really appreciate your comment and advice. From your post, i want to believe that you are an IT Guru. I am willing to learn from you if you don't mind and also i appreciate your download of the app.
This is my email: buhariraheem@gmail.com
Re: Kindly Download My First Android Mobile Application by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 16, 2014
Hahahahahaha!!! I'm still a beginner.
Re: Kindly Download My First Android Mobile Application by Hawlahscho(m): 12:24am On Sep 17, 2014
Shoutout to the programmers in the house, Straight to the point, I want to make an android application, I need someone to put me tru...., like a week tutorial. (
I'll pay d person) if you're interested pls drop your Number or email me your Number for.conclusion on whatsapp. I'll prefer the person to be in Ogun state (Abeokuta) to be precise, but no problem if from any other place, I'll appreciate your replies.
Re: Kindly Download My First Android Mobile Application by umaryusuf(m): 6:28am On Sep 17, 2014
Hawlahscho: Shoutout to the programmers in the house, Straight to the point, I want to make an android application, I need someone to put me tru...., like a week tutorial. (
I'll pay d person) if you're interested pls drop your Number or email me your Number for.conclusion on whatsapp. I'll prefer the person to be in Ogun state (Abeokuta) to be precise, but no problem if from any other place, I'll appreciate your replies.

See my signature for contact.
Re: Kindly Download My First Android Mobile Application by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 17, 2014
Mercyraheem I noticed a something in your App this morning which is not a best practice.

You used jQueryMobile UI Framework and you are calling it from the web, and you know people are going to use your App without keeping their Data On, even though you choosed to put your Web file inside your App.

That is not a best practise, if you are developing with a FrameWork like jQuery or jQueryMobile inside a Mobile App and not the Web, try to put the Framework locally within your App.

BAD BEST PRACTICE...
Re: Kindly Download My First Android Mobile Application by Mercyraheem: 8:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
[quote author=phatjoe50]Mercyraheem I noticed a something in your App this morning which is not a best practice.

You used jQueryMobile UI Framework and you are calling it from the web, and you know people are going to use your App without keeping their Data On, even though you choosed to put your Web file inside your App.

That is not a best practise, if you are developing with a FrameWork like jQuery or jQueryMobile inside a Mobile App and not the Web, try to put the Framework locally within your App.

BAD BEST PRACTICE..
thanks for the observation...can you put me through how the framework will be stored locally
Re: Kindly Download My First Android Mobile Application by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
Mercyraheem:
BAD BEST PRACTICE..
thanks for the observation...can you put me through how
the framework will be stored locally

It's easy.

Instead of calling it from the Web via the url, put it inside a folder and call it there eg

<script src="jquery-mobile-min.js></script>

Here I'm calling it directly because it is inside the same folder of my index.html

CALLING THE CSS FILE

<link rel="stylesheet" href="jquery-mobile-min.css"/>

Calling it same as before.

You can organise your Web files anyhow u want, just make sure you call it, directly.

Because of disk storage space use the minified version eg the one ending with .min.js or .min.css

Lemme know if you need any other help.

Remember this files can be downloaded from jQueryMobile homepage
Re: Kindly Download My First Android Mobile Application by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
Don't forget to add jQuery to your index.html to prevent story for the gods grin

<script src="jquery-min.js"></script>

Re: Kindly Download My First Android Mobile Application by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
Good job man. cool
Re: Kindly Download My First Android Mobile Application by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 26, 2014
phatjoe50:

It's easy.

Instead of calling it from the Web via the url, put it inside a folder and call it there eg

Here I'm calling it directly because it is inside the same folder of my index.html

CALLING THE CSS FILE

Calling it same as before.

You can organise your Web files anyhow u want, just make sure you call it, directly.

Because of disk storage space use the minified version eg the one ending with .min.js or .min.css

Lemme know if you need any other help.

Remember this files can be downloaded from jQueryMobile homepage
look at a life person offering help pls i need help. Pls pls
Re: Kindly Download My First Android Mobile Application by dpuzo: 9:46pm On Sep 26, 2014
UI not cool but ok for first try
Re: Kindly Download My First Android Mobile Application by Mercyraheem: 11:12pm On Sep 26, 2014
Thanks @ Phatjoe

(1) (Reply)

I'm A Java Web Developer - I Need A Job / Please Help With This Fortran Assignment / Why It's Important To Be Very Well-rounded Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.