Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,240 members, 7,807,810 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

Correcting The Misconception About The Private University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Correcting The Misconception About The Private University (946 Views)

6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University / Which Of The Private University In Nigeria Is Offering Medicine? / Best Private University In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Correcting The Misconception About The Private University by SamConquer(m): 10:19am On Sep 10, 2014
This was written to address some of the misconception concerning the Private universities people have no knowledge of what is happenings they just join the Bandwagon.

1) Most people that fail Jamb are the ones that are in the private.
:Anytime I see this particular one it always makes me laughs,So is everybody that are in the Public university that passed jamb?most people who made this type of comment are those who pay there way into the Public university.
Talking about Failing jamb, is it everybody that passed, that are been admitted?The canker worm called corruption that has eaten deep into the root of Public uni system, and the growing number of Nigerian population that has outweigh the Public uni has made it look like those public uni is a kind of "pearl".
If you say because private uni is easy to get admitted into, so you will downgrade it .did you know that most Ivy Leagues universities like the likes of Havard,Yale,Oxford and the rest are very easy to be admitted into, as far as you can pay the Money?so because of that your "Precious public uni"which is not among the 2000 in the world is better them.?
Actually it is not the Fault of the Public uni student. this is what the public Uni Has programmed in the Head of most Nigerian students.

2) Comparison of a Private university to a Public University:
How Shamefull can it get?please someone should tell Me how old is ABU,UNIBEN,UI,OAU,UNN.this are university that are more than three,four,five decades,and you compare it with a private university that is barely a decade.this is indeed Shameful.
And with the current ranking of this private univate universities,just imagine where they will be ranked in the next Fourty years.
Taking Covenant university as a case study-this university is barely 10years but is ranked number 10 in Nigeria.keeping most Aged public university behind.just imagine where it will be in the next twenty years.

3) there level of education is below par:If you say there level of education is below par then it means the level of product been churn out by the public unis are below par also.Hope you get it now?because most of the lecturers are graduates of public uni(that was when public uni where public uni and not the living in past glory uni).most of this Lecturers are people who have done there Masters and Phd in most outstanding universities abroad.and some are even from great universities abroad.and you stand up to say they are below par.
Get Your Facts right and stop joining the bandwagon.

4) They are glorified Secondary Schools:
So they are glorified secondary schools because some of the private unis which are church-owned decided to put restraints to the some level of freedom?I wonder when some principles which are been laid down by an organization which is not yours is been questioned.if you don't like it,you can just pass by.
It is this level of freedom and exposure that Public uni student crave and admire that has turned most children to Cultist and inadvertenly led to there untimely death.
And by the way it is not all private uni that have this Laws.the secular ones still allow some level of freedom.Such as Igbenidion Universits,Apti-american university and the likes.so the stand of the church-owned universities should be understood by any Sane person.

5) They make you to pass regardless of wether You pass or Fail because of what You pay: Now this is height of misconception.I usually say this-"If you are not in a system,You won't know what is in the sytem".Let me use My school IGBENIDION UNIVERSITY as a case study-before I got into the school I used to have this particular impression something made me not to have this impression immediately I got in.I noticed the great commitment to teaching by the Lecturers.I discover that this is no joke at all.but those who think is a rosy affair had it though in there first semester result.that was when I saw people having "F parallel"Some F's and D's.
In igbenidion nobody cares about the fees You paid, afterall some lecturers even have there kids schooling there.
I am sure this is same for other private universities,so where is this misconception coming from.

6) The Fees are to Much,I will instead send My child Abroad:Most people are educated but not enlightened.do you know the meaning of "private"?where you expecting the fees to be same with public universities.is not because the government subsidize the fees that is why it is not on the High side?Like seriously.And the last time I checked the Fees been paid are by there parents.So?what is Your business
Then for those saying they will send there children abroad instead.if You know the Fees of Havard,yale,imperial colledge London and the rest You will shut up and enter inside Your room to sleep instead.

7) They are to many first class from private university:Like seriously I don't blame the public uni student on this one,I blame the Lecturers and the School which has made "First class"a kind of Luxury.Imagine a Lecurer will say "Is not possibe to have A in My course".so the A's are for the goats in your farm abi?
This alone has demoralize the spirit of any student, whose aim is to have that A.
If not for the intentional unnecessary wickedness by Lecturers most public uni student will be graduating with A's.because if IVy leagues Schools like the Havard's and Yale's can be graduating thousand of student on High grades.I just wonder.
Because to them they are creating an image that before you pass you will sweat.and most of the time is just for the Bribe and sex for marks.

BOTTOM LINE: To all the public uni student,stop deluding Yourselves with all this.it will do no good.stop trying to be little the private uni to satisfy Yourselves.Remember,Your public University is not even among the world's 2000. try mould yourselves. university is just there to direct You towards achieving Your goals.

1 Like

Re: Correcting The Misconception About The Private University by Promxy94(m): 11:30am On Sep 10, 2014
nice write up at Op
U school at IUO
Am a law student there....
Re: Correcting The Misconception About The Private University by SamConquer(m): 11:38am On Sep 10, 2014
Promxy94: nice write up at Op
U school at IUO
Am a law student there....
yap.college of pharmacy. IYASHOLA things#smiles

1 Like

Re: Correcting The Misconception About The Private University by android666: 12:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
Beautifully written!
1000 likes.

6 Likes

Re: Correcting The Misconception About The Private University by DBrizz(m): 6:26pm On Aug 12, 2015
i just gaind admission to study medicine at iuo.. i jus wanna be clear as to how d issue of cultism is tackled

(1) (Reply)

100% Free Maths Waec Gce Expo Here / 1st Batch Admission List Out (the Kings Poly, Saki, Nigeria) / #

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.