Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,795 members, 7,802,535 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

How Reliable Is The Infinity FX35 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Reliable Is The Infinity FX35 (10019 Views)

Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty / Peugeot 406: How Reliable? / How Reliable Are Hyundai Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Reliable Is The Infinity FX35 by drumma(m): 10:33am On Sep 10, 2014
Hello Guys,

I am in the process of buying an infinity FX35 SUV but as is custom, I thought it wise to seek general views and opinions about the car.

I was using an 07 accord V6 and due to the road terrain in my neighborhood, i had to jack up my height. I have read alot of reviews about the infinity ride but would appreciate clarifications from people who have had hands on experience with the ride.

My bone of contention would be the maintenance cost, durability, reliability, resale value and option of everyday usage!

I just hope it will be worth the buy.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is The Infinity FX35 by bimbor(m): 12:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
@Drumma I thought you just bought that 07 Accord less than 6 months ago, you want to sell it already?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Reliable Is The Infinity FX35 by abatically(m): 12:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
If u are buying it mainly because of bad road terrain then in my opinion u should look for another taller car. I have used an fx45 and its ground clearance is not higher than my 05 accord. The suspension is sports tuned, very low and gives a very harsh ride than my accord. I believe fx45 and fx35 share the same suspension.

In every other aspect it is a solid ride. Never owned an fx35 but my fx45 is good on gas considering it is a v8. Handles well and good for traveling. Fx35 has an even better mpg. The only thing I don't like about the car is the sports tuned suspension. Good for smooth roads but terrible on pot hole infested roads.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Reliable Is The Infinity FX35 by webmaster3: 2:58pm On Sep 10, 2014
Currently drive 05 FX35 and its extremely fast.

Love the sound of the exhaust and the movement is tight.

I have never had a mechanical issue with the car aside from the front legs as it does not drive so well on off roads.

You can Google more on the fx35. its actually a crossover vehicle and not a jeep. You would never have problems with stability when you are approaching a bend as most jeeps experience.

P.S You would really enjoy the ride if you travel long distance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Reliable Is The Infinity FX35 by drumma(m): 10:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
@bimbor I can't help but laugh... who would have thought I had a follower here.... chai I feel so bad i had no idea you were interested in my Accord ooo I swear the buyer didn't spend 20mins after test driving it, he even kept his wife in my office just to ensure i don't change my mind..... I guess i'll give myself kudos for the good maintenance culture but I miss that car chai.... thanks for the love

bimbor: @Drumma I thought you just bought that 07 Accord less than 6 months ago, you want to sell it already?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Reliable Is The Infinity FX35 by drumma(m): 10:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
@abatically.... to be sincere hen im not buying the car just because of the bad road terrain ooo... I have just looked through all lists of SUV/CUV's and I haven't seen any one as matured looking, explicitly beautiful and the feel of that sense of belonging owning a ride... biko the car is like a must buy for me.

abatically: If u are buying it mainly because of bad road terrain then in my opinion u should look for another taller car. I have used an fx45 and its ground clearance is not higher than my 05 accord. The suspension is sports tuned, very low and gives a very harsh ride than my accord. I believe fx45 and fx35 share the same suspension.

In every other aspect it is a solid ride. Never owned an fx35 but my fx45 is good on gas considering it is a v8. Handles well and good for traveling. Fx35 has an even better mpg. The only thing I don't like about the car is the sports tuned suspension. Good for smooth roads but terrible on pot hole infested roads.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is The Infinity FX35 by drumma(m): 11:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
@webmaster you're such a God sent.... I really needed someone who actually is driving that piece of chocolate to help me through my decision.... Growing up, I have always envisioned driving a Nissan car but I don't know what changed along the line that Honda just overshadowed my thinking faculty. Now that im inching closer to the luxury model, I would like to enjoy this ride before I relocate to Dubai at least.

1. What would your analysis of its maintenance cost be like? my accord would swallow 11k oil, 500 filter & 1500 total servicing... that's pretty convenient for me

2. Since you said there are no mechanical issues as such, I can only pray I get a pretty well maintained piece &

3. What type of oil is recommended by manufacturer at service & what its availability in the Nigerian market ? that's about the most important thing to me.

I will appreciate further advise from your stable of experience.

webmaster3: Currently drive 05 FX35 and its extremely fast.

Love the sound of the exhaust and the movement is tight.

I have never had a mechanical issue with the car aside from the front legs as it does not drive so well on off roads.

You can Google more on the fx35. its actually a crossover vehicle and not a jeep. You would never have problems with stability when you are approaching a bend as most jeeps experience.

P.S You would really enjoy the ride if you travel long distance.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is The Infinity FX35 by webmaster3: 10:19am On Sep 11, 2014
@drumma

Maintenance cost is pretty much the same with your Honda accord.

As stated in my previous post, I have not had any mechanical issues with the 05 fx35 so far.

You can can use any oil with the rating SAE 5W30 which is the recommended oil.

Ride is smooth and the sound system is crazy. It has inbuilt factory BOSE speakers so if you love music like I do you would enjoy the output

I actually traded my 2008 Toyota Camry SE v6 fro this machine and I have never regretted my decision.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is The Infinity FX35 by drumma(m): 12:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
@webmaster: there's nothing much to say, thanks for everything verdict line has been drawn Im going for it.... #for the records, im a musically inclined maggot. I cannot do without it in fact im a drummer in one of the big churches in Lagos and my car serves as my mini studio to score songs when im in traffic..... btw, please do u think I can get a clean superb looking 2006 for like 1.7 or 1.8

webmaster3: @drumma

Maintenance cost is pretty much the same with your Honda accord.

As stated in my previous post, I have not had any mechanical issues with the 05 fx35 so far.

You can can use any oil with the rating SAE 5W30 which is the recommended oil.

Ride is smooth and the sound system is crazy. It has inbuilt factory BOSE speakers so if you love music like I do you would enjoy the output

I actually traded my 2008 Toyota Camry SE v6 fro this machine and I have never regretted my decision.
Re: How Reliable Is The Infinity FX35 by drumma(m): 2:35pm On Sep 14, 2014
Opppsss sorry guys but one quick question... I was close to dropping cash for my FX35 when I notice the FX45 and i was thrown into confusion.

Can someone please analyze briefly the sheer difference btw the two rides asides the v6/v8 engines & Torques
Re: How Reliable Is The Infinity FX35 by ceeerock(m): 5:43pm On Nov 26, 2019
The fx45 is a beast.
drumma:
Opppsss sorry guys but one quick question... I was close to dropping cash for my FX35 when I notice the FX45 and i was thrown into confusion.

Can someone please analyze briefly the sheer difference btw the two rides asides the v6/v8 engines & Torques

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Reliable Is The Infinity FX35 by TRYGO(m): 7:36pm On Nov 26, 2019
FX45 is a cool car. Fuel consumption isn't bad. They shared the same engine type, VK45DE, with my M45 Infiniti. You never see car yet. Have you seen the FX50? Too much of a ride it is.

A full tank on my M45 takes me from Lagos to Lokoja, Kogi state, without topping(of course, I maintain a constant velocity here:120km/hr). On trips to Ibadan, and back to Lagos, half tank takes me.

So, you got to be specific on what you want here. The V6/8.

When you eventually buy any of the vehicle, pls make sure, you only used specified TRANSMISSION SYSTEM FLUIDS. My car uses Nissan matic J transmission fluids. Do not used any other one in its place please.

Just in case you are interested in having the car fixed any day, my contact details are in my signature.

Regards,
Joseph
Re: How Reliable Is The Infinity FX35 by naijadrivablog: 11:00am On Sep 11, 2020
@nurey

(1) (Reply)

The Secret Services’ Best Kept Secret? The Chevrolet Suburban / Uber Signs Deal With Volvo To Buy 24,000 Self-Driving SUVs For Taxi Fleet / Car Remote Key Complains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.