Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,406 members, 7,800,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 (68733 Views)

My CGPA Is Low And I Need To Finish With 2.1 / He Doesn't Want To Attend His Convocation Ceremony Because He Had A 2.2 (Pic) / Why You Must Not Finish With A 2.1 To Succeed At A Job Or In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by awolola26(m): 5:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
Sent you an email message
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by awolola26(m): 5:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
How do you send personal messages..I never turn guru in operating the nairaland site....maybe you should send me one so I can reply
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 10, 2014
I believe the idea of getting a job only with 'connections' is a bit exaggerated. There are many multinational companies that still employ individuals based on merit because they need intelligent minds with new ideas. Also, having a first class or second class upper is not enough to obtain a very good job. It's very important to set yourself apart by enhancing your degree with extra skills and to an extent, exposure. This will give you a vital edge in the employment market.

@op; I totally agree with everything you said. I'm sure you'll also get a good job just like your friends. Good luck! smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Olutola88(m): 6:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ngirl1: I believe the idea of getting a job only with 'connections' is a bit exaggerated. There are many multinational companies that still employ individuals based on merit because they need intelligent minds with new ideas. Also, having a first class or second class upper is not enough to obtain a very good job. It's very important to set yourself apart by enhancing your degree with extra skills and to an extent, exposure. This will give you a vital edge in the employment market.

@op; I totally agree with everything you said. I'm sure you'll also get a good job just like your friends. Good luck! smiley smiley
thank you ma
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by afolayanto(m): 6:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
And what about 1st class working for someone that finished with a pass? Idea sells more than what you finished with! In all thy gettings......Get ideas and be a solution to your generation's problem! That's what we should all craved for and not 2.1. You most likely lose direction when you finished with 1st class in school, it gets into your head easily and you may easily lose focus! To me idea is what's needed in this country.

12 Likes

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Olutola88(m): 7:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
awolola26: Ha...abeg gimme your number if you are on whatsapp
I'm really exhilarated for this young man. He is very lucky and privileged to get this information at this critical time of his career. He is just about to get into the University.
Here is my piece of advice for him and anyone in this category:

1. Understand that you need GOD in all your endeavours

2. Set a goal for yourself as you are entering the school( preferably a First Class)

3. Make sure you complete Registration and other necessary things as early as possible.

4. Try as much as you can to secure accommodation on campus( at least for year one). For those of you that cannot cope living with up to 3 or 7 other people in a room, get a decent apartment somewhere not too far from the campus

5. Start receiving lectures and make sure you don't miss lectures

6. Visit your department and look for the best students in 200L, 300L and 400L or even 500L. Tell them you are a fresher and that it's conspicuous you know nothing and you'll want them to be your mentor. You can have up to 4 mentors( e no dey too many)

If you are a lady, it's possible some of them( guys) will want you to date them. Just make sure you are diplomatic in telling them NO but if you think you are mature enough to handle a relationship you can say YES to the one you like. Nevertheless, I wouldn't advise you to start having a boyfriend in your first year. Remember the daughter of whom you are *lol*.

Now the stage is set. You now have the best students as friends/mentors.

7. Make sure you see at least one of them daily and show him or her your lecture notes. Let him check and tell you whether syllabus has changed or it's same. The best student in 200L might be very useful to you as there will be little or no difference between what he was taught and what you'll be doing.

8. You can tell him or her to tell you when he or she reads. You can also tell him that you'll like to go to class with him to read at night and during the weekend. With this, you will be getting personal tutorials from him, getting past questions from him and you'll be on top of the world

9. You can ask him for past notes and possibly read ahead of the class.

10. When exams are approaching, make sure he explains every little thing you don't understand to you about 4 weeks to exams. And when it's about 2 weeks to exam, practice 3 to 4 years past questions.

By the time you do all these, you'll definitely finish with nothing less than a 4.7 out of 5.0. CONGRATULATIONS young scholar! That's a 1st class and that's a good foundation. You are now in 200L. You now understand the school and how everything operates very well. You are mature enough to stand on your own but I'll advise you still work with that your mentor.

Now, you can turn your 4.7 GP into hundreds of thousands even before leaving the university! Did I hear you say how?( Your ears don open wen u hear money) Lol!
The secret is Scholarships. We have a number of good companies that give merit undergraduate scholarships to high-performing students. You can rake in as much as 400 thousand naira per annum till you graduate. Close your mouth! 400K is small money.

All you need do is to subscribe to one of these websites that give updates on undergraduate scholarships in Nigeria. Apply when the application is out, go for their aptitude tests, pass it and start collecting your cool cash even as a student.
Companies like MTN will give you two hundred thousand naira ( N200,000 ) per annum, Shell will give you around 100K, Chevron around 90K, Exxonmobil around 100K amongst others.

Unfortunately, I didn't get this kind of information when I was like you but thanks to my dad he told me that he saw one scholarship advert in the newspaper and that I should apply( Then, I was already in 300L). The requirement was a minimum of 2.1, I applied and was short listed for the test. I took the test and passed. I was on a scholarship of 100K per annum till the end of my course.

I know you will want to ask me how one can make up to 400K per year. It's simple, apply for as many as possible scholarships. After I got my scholarship, I met about 5 guys that were benefiting from 3 different scholarships each.

I'm already tired of typing, so I have to go. But before I go, I'll like to let you know that as much as you are reading like your life depends on it, also make sure you try and engage yourself in other activities like sports, social activities, politics if possible, make a lot of friends, attend departmental and faculty dinners, develop your leadership skills, develop your communication skills( both speaking and writing) as all these will be required life after school. Don't make yourself someone that knows book alone, that thing sucks I tell you.

I took part in almost all reasonable activities when I was in school; I was academically sound( tho, I didn't finish with a 1st class cos I wasn't hard working), I took part in sports, politics, I was a Master of Ceremonies, A Radio Presenter, A writer etc and all these didn't say I shouldn't face my studies. I was referred to as the “COMPLETE STUDENT”. It's about knowing God, knowing what you want and managing your time well. I have to go now. Bye!

44 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by PeckNARM: 9:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
SCAM BEWARE!
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Olutola88(m): 9:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
PeckNARM: SCAM BEWARE!
lmao. did you just wake up

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by PeckNARM: 9:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
Olutola88: lmao. did you just wake up
SCAM
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by ekeneidiagbor: 10:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
idee91:
Y=a+bx where
A= Gods grace
B= ur effort( 3rd class, 2:2, 2:1, 1st class)
Y= Employment
Therefore, the bigger a+bx is, the better ur chances of employment.
simple case of regression analysis well appplied.. Smart one there.... It show dat u went to school to school

2 Likes

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
Great Thread, Good Job OP... Thanks for saying the Needful.
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by boxiposhags: 11:44pm On Sep 10, 2014
Olutola88: I'm really exhilarated for this young man. He is very lucky and privileged to get this information at this critical time of his career. He is just about to get into the University.

2. Set a goal for yourself as you are entering the school( preferably a First Class)

3. Make sure you complete Registration and other necessary things as early as possible.

4. Try as much as you can to secure accommodation on campus( at least for year one). For those of you that cannot cope living with up to 3 or 7 other people in a room, get a decent apartment somewhere not too far from the campus

6. Visit your department and look for the best students in 200L, 300L and 400L or even 500L. Tell them you are a fresher and that it's conspicuous you know nothing and you'll want them to be your mentor. You can have up to 4 mentors( e no dey too many)

If you are a lady, it's possible some of them( guys) will want you to date them. Just make sure you are diplomatic in telling them NO but if you think you are mature enough to handle a relationship you can say YES to the one you like. Nevertheless, I wouldn't advise you to start having a boyfriend in your first year. Remember the daughter of whom you are *lol*.

7. Make sure you see at least one of them daily and show him or her your lecture notes. Let him check and tell you whether syllabus has changed or it's same. The best student in 200L might be very useful to you as there will be little or no difference between what he was taught and what you'll be doing.

8. You can tell him or her to tell you when he or she reads. You can also tell him that you'll like to go to class with him to read at night and during the weekend. With this, you will be getting personal tutorials from him, getting past questions from him and you'll be on top of the world

10. When exams are approaching, make sure he explains every little thing you don't understand to you about 4 weeks to exams. And when it's about 2 weeks to exam, practice 3 to 4 years past questions.

By the time you do all these, you'll definitely finish with nothing less than a 4.7 out of 5.0. CONGRATULATIONS young scholar! That's a 1st class and that's a good foundation. You are now in 200L. You now understand the school and how everything operates very well. You are mature enough to stand on your own but I'll advise you still work with that your mentor.

Now, you can turn your 4.7 GP into hundreds of thousands even before leaving the university! Did I hear you say how?( Your ears don open wen u hear money) Lol!
The secret is Scholarships. We have a number of good companies that give merit undergraduate scholarships to high-performing students. You can rake in as much as 400 thousand naira per annum till you graduate. Close your mouth! 400K is small money.

All you need do is to subscribe to one of these websites that give updates on undergraduate scholarships in Nigeria. Apply when the application is out, go for their aptitude tests, pass it and start collecting your cool cash even as a student.
Companies like MTN will give you two hundred thousand naira ( N200,000 ) per annum, Shell will give you around 100K, Chevron around 90K, Exxonmobil around 100K amongst others.

Unfortunately, I didn't get this kind of information when I was like you but thanks to my dad he told me that he saw one scholarship advert in the newspaper and that I should apply( Then, I was already in 300L). The requirement was a minimum of 2.1, I applied and was short listed for the test. I took the test and passed. I was on a scholarship of 100K per annum till the end of my course.

I know you will want to ask me how one can make up to 400K per year. It's simple, apply for as many as possible scholarships. After I got my scholarship, I met about 5 guys that were benefiting from 3 different scholarships each.

I'm already tired of typing, so I have to go. But before I go, I'll like to let you know that as much as you are reading like your life depends on it, also make sure you try and engage yourself in other activities like sports, social activities, politics if possible, make a lot of friends, attend departmental and faculty dinners, develop your leadership skills, develop your communication skills( both speaking and writing) as all these will be required life after school. Don't make yourself someone that knows book alone, that thing sucks I tell you.

I took part in almost all reasonable activities when I was in school; I was academically sound( tho, I didn't finish with a 1st class cos I wasn't hard working), I took part in sports, politics, I was a Master of Ceremonies, A Radio Presenter, A writer etc and all these didn't say I shouldn't face my studies. I was referred to as the “COMPLETE STUDENT”. It's about knowing God, knowing what you want and managing your time well. I have to go now. Bye!
very true. i am in my final semester and i intend to finish with a 4.32 although i wasnt serious in school because of his aforementioned. even for admission at Cambridge your grade matters (http://www.graduate.study.cam.ac.uk/international-students/international-qualifications)
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by rattlesnake(m): 11:55pm On Sep 10, 2014
Olutola88: This piece is for those undergraduates that will like to seek for jobs after school but do not have solid connection. A 1st class or 2.1 will help you AVOID or ALLEVIATE the labour market frustration. Nevertheless, the ones that have influential parents, uncles and aunts can also take a cue from it because it is easier to help someone with a good result.

I am a recent graduate from a Nigerian Federal University. I finished with a strong 2.1 but I wish I made a 1st class. I would have made that First class if I were very hard working. I know many people are like me, they would have had better grades if they were more serious. What I'm saying in essence is that most of us are powerful beyond measures but we do not realize how powerful we could be.

Finishing with a 2.1 is just about having 3.5 out of total 5.0 CGPA. One can achieve this by mixing Bs with Cs in your courses. I had many friends that didn't have solid academic background, weren't very quick at learning but struggled to finish with 3.5, 3.6 after a lot of hard work. Not to talk of many of you that are sharp, it's just that you are too lazy. I was also a lazy brat but that's bygone because I've learnt my lessons.

As a result of the very high rate of unemployment in Nigeria, employers use all possible strategies to pre screen as many as possible applicants and the most popular is the class of degree.

9 out of every 10 Graduate Trainee adverts ask for a minimum of 2.1. The other thing they use in pre screening is age and many also require to have a minimum of 5 credits including maths and english @ one sitting for O'level.

Now let's analyze it: By the time KPMG, Ernst & Young, PWC, Akintola Deloitte, Shell, Chevron, Exxon Mobil, Total, Schlumberger, Diamond Bank, GTB, Zenith, First Bank, Nigerian Stock Exchange, P&G, Unilever, Honey well, Nestle, Cadbury, Guiness, Nigerian Breweries, Consolidated Breweries, PZ Cussons, etc all advertise graduate trainee positions and they all ask for a minimum of 2.1. How do you think someone that finished with a 2.2 will feel?

I'm currently observing NYSC and I've been applying for jobs. Many of my fellow corps members always ask me to share latest job openings with them but many of them have not been able to apply for any because they finished with below 2.1. I hope we all have an idea how frustrating this could be, for you not to have the privilege to prove yourself even when you might be better and more employable than some of us that finished with 2.1 and 1st class.

As I'm writing this piece, I have two friends that just got job offers from a reputable multinational company in Nigeria. Guess what? They are both still serving and will resume immediately after NYSC in October. You know what? One of them finished with a 1st class and the other with a strong 2.1.

I know some of you will ask about me, I'm also at the last stage of interview and I have reached some recruitment stages in other good companies. All I need is Almighty God's favour and your prayers can also help land a job offer in some days time *lol*.

Many of us have been misled. We've been made to believe that even if you finish with good grades, you still won't get a good job in Nigeria if you don't have connection. For those that will listen, I can confidently tell you that we still have Firms that act with INTEGRITY in Nigeria, Organizations that will hire you based on your abilities, Companies that will not compromise standards, Employers that will give you an offer without knowing even a gate man. Many Multinationals in Nigeria fall in that category. At least, I know of Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler (KPMG) and Procter & Gamble(P&G). We have many others but those are the two I've had comprehensive experience with.

Finishing with a 2.1 is very easy only if one can put in the required effort and above all pray to God. For the atheists, just keep working hard, working smart and always have a destination. I know you will believe in God someday*lmao*

In Conclusion, one of the commonest things in life is seeing talented people that are unsuccessful. Many of us are gifted but we are just too lazy to make the best use of our potential. If Talent sleeps, Hard work will outshine Talent.
this article sounds somehow jare
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Olutola88(m): 12:27am On Sep 11, 2014
rattlesnake: this article sounds somehow jare
lol! How does it sound?
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by mack111(m): 1:54am On Sep 11, 2014
Simplefaithy: @OP nice writeup. to get work in naija go beyond first klass or 2.1 oooo. countless first klas holder dey with professional qualification Gan Neva see gud job. its by d grace of God and padipadi for d present naija wey we dey ooooo.
that's a big lie mr. First class students are mostly retained. Which jobless first class do u know of?

2 Likes

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by mrdrizzy(m): 2:03am On Sep 11, 2014
Lols course dependent rarely will u ever see a 1st class in "industrial maths"...which i label to be one of the hardest course... 2.1 is a blessing sef.all na hardwork prayer and yes RUNz!

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by mrdrizzy(m): 2:05am On Sep 11, 2014
rattlesnake: this article sounds somehow jare
boss next time jst put @0p or threadowner rather dan quoting a whole long stuff jst to type "this article sounds somehw jawe"...who u wan dey stress

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by mack111(m): 2:13am On Sep 11, 2014
I felt relieved when i came across this thread. Then in school, nothing annoys me more than hearing people saying its not by ur 2,1 or first class that determines success in life. The latter is influenced after checking their results pasted on d board with a big F. These people re unserious. During exams, i rem one asking me what course we gon write d next day nd these re d kind of people blabbing nonsense as if assuming d university gives them a 2,1 they won't smile... Opportunities re grabbed by d prepared, having a sound Bsc has given u an edge over others who dnt nd when d connection comes just as @op said, it becomes very easy to help u. nd it is nt boldly stated anywhere that a 3rd class will be richer than a first class or vice versa. Just help yourself first by getting a sound result nd don't dwell/swim in d fallacy "nobi by result".... Currently on service, though ve not started applying for jobs yet cos m going for my Msc after service. But at al at al nai bad pass, plz @op will love to see how u drafted ur cv, wonna compare with d samples i have. tnx.

7 Likes

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by guiddoti: 3:32am On Sep 11, 2014
Olutola88: If you read my post well, you will see that I said this piece is mainly for those that do not have solid network. At the same time, a 2.1 or 1st class can guarantee you a job offer in a good company even without knowing anyone there. I also gave examples of my friends that got job offers even before the end of NYSC strictly on merit. One of them got the offer 3 weeks ago and the other got it 5 days ago
It seems guys are using biased mind writing, not saliently reading your comment. Everything you said is what the newest students on campus should note. It is better to prevent than to cure. It is only in this our world that age and class are preeminence tools to getting a job. On a neutral platform, 2.2 should be given a chance to thrive in the pursuit of job hunting.

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Simplefaithy(m): 4:54am On Sep 11, 2014
mack111: that's a big lie mr. First class students are mostly retained. Which jobless first class do u know of?
. I know that's wat u will say now retained my foot. the rule is they sud offer all first class lecturing job. that was what we were meant to believe my dear. I finished from unilorin some years back and I know of a first klass product from one my faculty (bss) after he was fed up he went to faculty and told them was he not meant to be offer lecturing job buh he was told yeap buh it has to come from above. hope u understands DAT ABOVE. my forget dia re many of dem like dat if I don't know of oda schs ayam well informed abt unilorin own. fakati

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by EldaTimba(m): 7:40am On Sep 11, 2014
Olutola88: I'm really exhilarated for this young man. He is very lucky and privileged to get this information at this critical time of his career. He is just about to get into the University.

God bless you bro. I'm going to probably have a hard copy of this guideline. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by idee91: 7:41am On Sep 11, 2014
ekeneidiagbor: simple case of regression analysis well appplied.. Smart one there.... It show dat u went to school to school
Abi, enough english has bin spoken... I had to change it to statz
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Olutola88(m): 8:45am On Sep 11, 2014
EldaTimba:
God bless you bro. I'm going to probably have a hard copy of this guideline. Thanks.
you are welcome bro. wishing you the best in all your avocation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Olutola88(m): 9:18am On Sep 11, 2014
mack111: I felt relieved when i came across this thread. Then in school, nothing annoys me more than hearing people saying its not by ur 2,1 or first class that determines success in life. The latter is influenced after checking their results pasted on d board with a big F. These people re unserious. During exams, i rem one asking me what course we gon write d next day nd these re d kind of people blabbing nonsense as if assuming d university gives them a 2,1 they won't smile... Opportunities re grabbed by d prepared, having a sound Bsc has given u an edge over others who dnt nd when d connection comes just as @op said, it becomes very easy to help u. nd it is nt boldly stated anywhere that a 3rd class will be richer than a first class or vice versa. Just help yourself first by getting a sound result nd don't dwell/swim in d fallacy "nobi by result".... Currently on service, though ve not started applying for jobs yet cos m going for my Msc after service. But at al at al nai bad pass, plz @op will love to see how u drafted ur cv, wonna compare with d samples i have. tnx.
well said bro. As to my CV, it's a very simple one without grammatical and spelling errors,with my full name boldly written ontop, a permanent home address, with an email address that carries my first and last name, with two telephone numbers, a short and catchy personal statement, about two work experience and my achievements in those positions(I change this to suit the job I'm applying for), a column for education with dates, I have a column for my skills and competencies, another column for my core strengths, a column for awards(just one though and it's a merit scholarship award I benefited for three years), a column for hobbies(this is on my CV to suggest to my potential employer that I'm someone that'll have a work-life balance, and references are available on request.

kindly send me a pm if you want us to relate better

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by rozayx5(m): 11:47am On Sep 11, 2014
op should change title to - why you must graduate with a 2.1 if your not connected wink

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by benELOHIM7(m): 11:48am On Sep 11, 2014
its not by whom that willeth nor he dat doeth but by God that showeth mercy........am a 2.2 student yet i got a good job even b4 graduating.
Olutola88: This piece is for those undergraduates that will like to seek for jobs after school but do not have solid connection. A 1st class or 2.1 will help you AVOID or ALLEVIATE the labour market frustration. Nevertheless, the ones that have influential parents, uncles and aunts can also take a cue from it because it is easier to help someone with a good result.

I am a recent graduate from a Nigerian Federal University. I finished with a strong 2.1 but I wish I made a 1st class. I would have made that First class if I were very hard working. I know many people are like me, they would have had better grades if they were more serious. What I'm saying in essence is that most of us are powerful beyond measures but we do not realize how powerful we could be.

Finishing with a 2.1 is just about having 3.5 out of total 5.0 CGPA. One can achieve this by mixing Bs with Cs in your courses. I had many friends that didn't have solid academic background, weren't very quick at learning but struggled to finish with 3.5, 3.6 after a lot of hard work. Not to talk of many of you that are sharp, it's just that you are too lazy. I was also a lazy brat but that's bygone because I've learnt my lessons.

As a result of the very high rate of unemployment in Nigeria, employers use all possible strategies to pre screen as many as possible applicants and the most popular is the class of degree.

9 out of every 10 Graduate Trainee adverts ask for a minimum of 2.1. The other thing they use in pre screening is age and many also require to have a minimum of 5 credits including maths and english @ one sitting for O'level.

Now let's analyze it: By the time KPMG, Ernst & Young, PWC, Akintola Deloitte, Shell, Chevron, Exxon Mobil, Total, Schlumberger, Diamond Bank, GTB, Zenith, First Bank, Nigerian Stock Exchange, P&G, Unilever, Honey well, Nestle, Cadbury, Guiness, Nigerian Breweries, Consolidated Breweries, PZ Cussons, etc all advertise graduate trainee positions and they all ask for a minimum of 2.1. How do you think someone that finished with a 2.2 will feel?

I'm currently observing NYSC and I've been applying for jobs. Many of my fellow corps members always ask me to share latest job openings with them but many of them have not been able to apply for any because they finished with below 2.1. I hope we all have an idea how frustrating this could be, for you not to have the privilege to prove yourself even when you might be better and more employable than some of us that finished with 2.1 and 1st class.

As I'm writing this piece, I have two friends that just got job offers from a reputable multinational company in Nigeria. Guess what? They are both still serving and will resume immediately after NYSC in October. You know what? One of them finished with a 1st class and the other with a strong 2.1.

I know some of you will ask about me, I'm also at the last stage of interview and I have reached some recruitment stages in other good companies. All I need is Almighty God's favour and your prayers can also help land a job offer in some days time *lol*.

Many of us have been misled. We've been made to believe that even if you finish with good grades, you still won't get a good job in Nigeria if you don't have connection. For those that will listen, I can confidently tell you that we still have Firms that act with INTEGRITY in Nigeria, Organizations that will hire you based on your abilities, Companies that will not compromise standards, Employers that will give you an offer without knowing even a gate man. Many Multinationals in Nigeria fall in that category. At least, I know of Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler (KPMG) and Procter & Gamble(P&G). We have many others but those are the two I've had comprehensive experience with.

Finishing with a 2.1 is very easy only if one can put in the required effort and above all pray to God. For the atheists, just keep working hard, working smart and always have a destination. I know you will believe in God someday*lmao*

In Conclusion, one of the commonest things in life is seeing talented people that are unsuccessful. Many of us are gifted but we are just too lazy to make the best use of our potential. If Talent sleeps, Hard work will outshine Talent.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by justi4jesu(f): 11:48am On Sep 11, 2014
All these are storiessssss for the godsss..

Just Know your way in Life and keep your head down and you will make it.

In Dubai nobody differentiates 1st class from Third class, all they want to know "Are you a graduate" If yes then case closed

Defend at the interview that you are a graduate and submit your attested certificates and Viola u don start work the next day grin.

8 Likes

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Suxes(m): 11:51am On Sep 11, 2014
;Dno p
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by daben1(m): 11:54am On Sep 11, 2014
It's good to graduate with a good grade though, but I believe strongly in God, someone without mere B.sc is counting million n billions today...

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Suxes(m): 11:54am On Sep 11, 2014
wich one b strong 2-1 wey op just dey mention sef? abeg 2-1 na 2-1

12 Likes

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 11, 2014
from the college i graduated from sir,i had 2.2 in d school board conducted final exam.but for our WAHEB(west africa health exam. Board)...during our OND only one of us had 2.1 and during our HND....no one did,in 2012 set only 26 passed out of abt 75 students.
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by daben1(m): 11:58am On Sep 11, 2014
Olutola88: well said bro. As to my CV, it's a very simple one without grammatical and spelling errors,with my full name boldly written ontop, a permanent home address, with an email address that carries my first and last name, with two telephone numbers, a short and catchy personal statement, about two work experience and my achievements in those positions(I change this to suit the job I'm applying for), a column for education with dates, I have a column for my skills and competencies, another column for my core strengths, a column for awards(just one though and it's a merit scholarship award I benefited for three years), a column for hobbies(this is on my CV to suggest to my potential employer that I'm someone that'll have a work-life balance, and references are available on request.

kindly send me a pm if you want us to relate better
hey bro! I'll like us to rub minds together!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Man Beaten For Molesting OAU-Ife Student / Photo: See How A Principal Decided To Solve Exam Malpractice In His School / Breaking News:weac Release This Year Ssce Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.