Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,857 members, 7,806,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

"Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment (15533 Views)

The Banana Experiment / Posting Will Be Disabled For A Few Hours / Why Was Posting Disabled For Some Time Today 27/8/2006? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Lamborghini(m): 1:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
san316: Na wa o. Seun don turn us to guinea pig. And what kind of experiment would you want to do with the 'like' button on nl. Na waawa oooO
don't mind him. Even without our permission sef he's using nairalanders to do experiment, may God deliver you from yourself ooo, Seun.

1 Like

Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by chemmerfrank(m): 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
please i need dislike button...alota niqqas n chiqs gotta knw dat 80% of d tym dey type total rubbish!
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Tval(m): 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seun: Did you get notified of this?

Yes.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by hydeka: 2:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seun: Fellow Nairaland Members,

You may have noticed that you can no longer "like" posts. This is because we temporarily disabled the feature as part of an experiment.

We plan to bring it back as soon as the experiment is complete, though that outcome also depends on the result of the experiment.

Please bear with us; we do not mean to inconvenience you.

PS: Please use the share button to share posts that are worth sharing, so that great posts will flow through the follower network.
Seun, a dislike button could be a potential tool for bullying. You know nigerians. If anyone doesn't like a post, let him just ignore it or better still call the person to order by quoting and replying as we have now. I agree that it can reduce the number of senseless posts but also consider from the angle I just pointed out. What do you think?
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by gsainttrinity(m): 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2014
anthoniosp: signs of end time.... for the likeness and love ness amongst thee and thy brethren shall be taken away..and ye all shall like no more...zebrudiah 56 vs 345.......

#frontpage...seun hope u don't mind me being the boss hia

E pain me say the 'like' buttons no longer exist i would have dashed u 1000,000 likes.
Very funny comment.

One a more serious note 'likes' is like money in the bank to every nairalander.

Personally thè first thing i checked each time i login to nairaland is my number of 'likes'

the first time i had 50 'likes' on a single comment i celebrated it with 3 bottles of heineken. So you have an idea how sentimental i am with my 'likes'
#bringBackOurLikes
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by kilokeys(m): 2:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
seun haba not now o jare... not after accruing 110 likes for my last 8 posts today alone..

its like crack. feels good.. dont make me consider the real powder o.. if i do.. u go ban me tire
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by machidoh: 2:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
ok good one though
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by udemzyudex(m): 2:05pm On Sep 10, 2014
good i like that.. Imagine egift,berem etc posting something that doesn't make sense only for you to see 30 likes..

Sometimes i dey wonder if na robot they like such post or the mod dey behind am.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by olaeffect(m): 2:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
johnstar: wetn dey do u, y u come dey reason wit ur anus

No vex na. Life na turn by turn, you will get there someday. Insulting those ahead of you wont help matter sha.

I learnt that early but yours is almost getting late. You have very few lifeline don't waste it insulting others grin
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Dreyl(m): 2:14pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seun: Did you get notified of this?
#seunjustbringbackourlikebutton
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by gsainttrinity(m): 2:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seun:
Good idea.

Bad idea
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Isiterere(m): 2:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
Sylverly: guy..hv u watchd the movie "3 idiots"?
ofcus.

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Atmmachine(m): 2:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
Dear Seun..
How do we know who liked our posts & comments ??
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by chidooh1: 2:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
As if you know that today's posts don't Worth it
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by sammybrainy(m): 2:22pm On Sep 10, 2014
Mr. Seun, how about showing the number of thread followers
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by hydeka: 2:22pm On Sep 10, 2014
chidooh1: As if you know that today's posts don't Worth it
seriously, today is a good day to have a 'likes' holiday. Just dry.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by cirmuell(m): 2:23pm On Sep 10, 2014
kilokeys: seun haba not now o jare... not after accruing 110 likes for my last 8 posts today alone..

its like crack. feels good.. dont make me consider the real powder o.. if i do.. u go ban me tire
lmao grin
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by fiftynaira(m): 2:24pm On Sep 10, 2014
Oga seun pls #bringbackourlike
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Idrismusty97(m): 2:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
It would be nice if all those features scattered at the top of the screen is moved to a menu created specially for it. Seun. It would nice if you create a link like a "menu" that would lead us to our shares,likes,mentions,followed board notifications etc. I can see a new notification feature is added above(MS), That's great, even if you bring back the likes that feature should remain there. As you keep creating new notification features that area would be pile up.

1 Like

Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by okooloyun1(m): 2:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
Pending the time Oga go release like button make we just dey share dey go.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
What's the 'share' button for?
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by yehmi01(m): 2:41pm On Sep 10, 2014
So what does the share button do cos i really dont know what it does when you click it.

tut it would work like the share in FB.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by tobyemmanuel(m): 2:48pm On Sep 10, 2014
All because of EBOLA. Okay oooo
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by johnstar(m): 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2014
olaeffect:

No vex na. Life na turn by turn, you will get there someday. Insulting those ahead of you wont help matter sha.

I learnt that early but yours is almost getting late. You have very few lifeline don't waste it insulting others grin
nw I see STUPIDITY is takn over ur life
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by koolg: 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
kunlesehan: Really?
hmmmm...I thought I was banned again for the umpteenth time.
lol
or is this a subtle way of promoting the "share" and "quote" functions?

I wanted to like this buh its not possible
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by koolg: 2:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
Sunkyphil: i would av suggested d likes should bring out the names of people dat way it would be interesting

seun has rather decided to do the opposite thinking that that will help him propagate his site buh name lie
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by adanduka: 2:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seun, please add the like and dislike buttons after the experiment.
Hope you get to update us on your findings during the experiment.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by koolg: 2:58pm On Sep 10, 2014
olaeffect: Was thinking that my iPhone6 had fault ni. grin

Thank God!!!

shotop there with your techno p3
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by Guykhena(m): 3:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
Boss Seun,,take this post to heart(if the experiment is to bring in the "Dislike" feature)
hydeka: Seun, a dislike button could be a potential tool for bullying. You know nigerians. If anyone doesn't like a post, let him just ignore it or better still call the person to order by quoting and replying as we have now. I agree that it can reduce the number of senseless posts but also consider from the angle I just pointed out. What do you think?
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by IseOluwa777(m): 3:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
I wonder what this experiment is about.
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by justi4jesu(f): 3:06pm On Sep 10, 2014
olaeffect: Was thinking that my iPhone6 had fault ni. grin

Thank God!!!

Hmmm
Re: "Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment by ibizgirl(f): 3:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
When you want to #bringbackourlikebutton, #bringdislikebuttontoo

Seun: Fellow Nairaland Members,

You may have noticed that you can no longer "like" posts. This is because we temporarily disabled the feature as part of an experiment.

We plan to bring it back as soon as the experiment is complete, though that outcome also depends on the result of the experiment.

Please bear with us; we do not mean to inconvenience you.

PS: Please use the share button to share posts that are worth sharing, so that great posts will flow through the follower network.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

PHCN Strike: Do You Have Light In Your Area? / Homeless Man Feeding On Sacrificial Food In Lagos / Pic Of Nairaland Celeb In Niger Delta Swamp.(oildorado)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.