Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,005 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Multiple Job Offers: Which Should He Go For? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Multiple Job Offers: Which Should He Go For? (1301 Views)

I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! / Multiple Job Opportunities Available At A VAS Company / Multiple Job Openings At HARPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multiple Job Offers: Which Should He Go For? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 10, 2014
good day people. A friend of mine is at a crossroad on choosing from the job offers that he has @ the moment.

he's been called to resume as a teacher in two different schools both of which would be paying a salary of 35k.

He also got a position to resume as commercial assistant with star times..and they are offering 40k...now he is confused as he feels if he takes anyone of the teaching jobs; he cld also get private lessons that can fetch him extra cash of at least 15-20k(bearing in mind that teaching job is just between the hours of 7:30 - 2pm).....at thesame time,he is enticed with the prospect of working in an organised organisation like star times with a decent office..which would do a world of good to his work experience on his CV.

he is also in a rectuitment process that involves hi, travelling for the stages of the recruitment and feels teaching job wld afford him the oppurtunity to travel once in a while........pls what do you guys think...we need honest opinions please.
Re: Multiple Job Offers: Which Should He Go For? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 10, 2014
Which school closes by 2pm? Most schools close btw 4pm and 6pm... private schools will afford you time to travel? ? For where? ? Except on holidays. .. for me, I will prefer a professional environment to a school... There are just alot to learn... Goodluck with your decisions

1 Like

Re: Multiple Job Offers: Which Should He Go For? by victorVIC1(m): 2:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
Having served for one year as a teacher, I av come to understand dat teaching has little or no benefit in one's profiling as HR officers barely consider it as a worthwhile experience unless u want to build a career in education... Trust me, working in a professional environment would do ur friend more good dan if he goes for either of the teaching jobs.
Re: Multiple Job Offers: Which Should He Go For? by MissIndependent(f): 2:51pm On Sep 10, 2014
MarvellousGod: Which school closes by 2pm? Most schools close btw 4pm and 6pm... private schools will afford you time to travel? ? For where? ? Except on holidays. .. for me, I will prefer a professional environment to a school... There are just alot to learn... Goodluck with your decisions
Exactly. But if he has a degree in Education, I suggest he goes for the teaching job since it is his career line but if he is not a B.Ed holder, he should go for the startimes job.
Re: Multiple Job Offers: Which Should He Go For? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 10, 2014
MissIndependent: Exactly. But if he has a degree in Education, I suggest he goes for the teaching job since it is his career line but if he is not a B.Ed holder, he should go for the startimes job.

He is a Bsc(ed) holder....i knw my frnd too well...he doesnt intend to pursue a career in education...studied science education purely because that was wat jamb gave him...
Re: Multiple Job Offers: Which Should He Go For? by MissIndependent(f): 3:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
moneybag4411:

He is a Bsc(ed) holder....i knw my frnd too well...he doesnt intend to pursue a career in education...studied science education purely because that was wat jamb gave him...
Lol he should go for the startimes job then.
Re: Multiple Job Offers: Which Should He Go For? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 10, 2014
MissIndependent: Exactly. But if he has a degree in Education, I suggest he goes for the teaching job since it is his career line but if he is not a B.Ed holder, he should go for the startimes job.
yeahh
moneybag4411:
if he truly wants to divert, then this is his chance
Re: Multiple Job Offers: Which Should He Go For? by bravolad(m): 6:13pm On Sep 10, 2014
This is a positive dilemma for your friend. Accept my congratulations on his behalf. Having said that, Commercial Assistant relates to marketing I want to presume. In that case, he could have more opportunities to meet people and have a real-time office environment experience albeit learning office etiquette. In the long run, he could get a better offer or move up the ladder in this role.

On the other front, the teaching job may offer him more time to engage in other things especially during vacation. But then, he would not have requisite work experience to pursue a career in other areas except in teaching. Teaching will also limit him from pushing for any other career.

Apart from his academic background, his aptitude and choice are key to any decision he would make. Follow your dreams for the hold endless possibilities for you.
Re: Multiple Job Offers: Which Should He Go For? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 10, 2014
^^
Thanks so much..i really appreciate your comment..
Re: Multiple Job Offers: Which Should He Go For? by dabiaf83(m): 10:45pm On Sep 10, 2014
Congrats .. God will direct you.

(1) (Reply)

Contact Centre Agents Needed!!! / Table Water Machine Operator Needed Urgently in port Harcourt / Vacancies For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.