Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Boko-haram = Islamic State (IS) = Sokoto Jihad: Islamization Of Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Boko-haram = Islamic State (IS) = Sokoto Jihad: Islamization Of Nigeria (739 Views)

Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life / Boko Haram Islamic Group Is A Sect N Not Extremist / “don’t Call Boko Haram ‘islamic Militants” –sultan Pleads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko-haram = Islamic State (IS) = Sokoto Jihad: Islamization Of Nigeria by AmunRaOlodumare: 2:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
Same difference

Arab and European abrahamic religions are a spiritual cancer for Africa (and some could say the world). Their ridiculous belief that only their specific religion or denomination is right, the right message of God, while others are pagans or heathens or infidels, is the root cause.

1 Like

Re: Boko-haram = Islamic State (IS) = Sokoto Jihad: Islamization Of Nigeria by AmunRaOlodumare: 2:36pm On Sep 10, 2014
In tracing the historical origins of Boko Haram, some academics have pointed to the Sokoto Caliphate, an 19th century Islamic state established by Usman Dan Fodio.
Re: Boko-haram = Islamic State (IS) = Sokoto Jihad: Islamization Of Nigeria by tartar9(m): 3:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
how does the venerable mujadid Sheik Uthman dan Fudiye(ra) relate to those kharijites bokoharam.
Re: Boko-haram = Islamic State (IS) = Sokoto Jihad: Islamization Of Nigeria by AmunRaOlodumare: 3:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
tartar9: how does the venerable mujadid Sheik Uthman dan Fudiye(ra) relate to those kharijites bokoharam.
Through the Jihad and forced islamisation of innocent Nigerian people.

Sheik Uthman dan Fudiye = Boko Haram = Same Difference.

Both have the same spiritual cancer having its root in the belief that only their own specific religion or denomination is the right religion, the right message of God. From there, it can only lead to conflicts with people who don't follow the "right" religion or denomination.
Re: Boko-haram = Islamic State (IS) = Sokoto Jihad: Islamization Of Nigeria by tartar9(m): 5:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
AmunRaOlodumare:
Through the Jihad and forced islamisation of innocent Nigerian people.

Sheik Uthman dan Fudiye = Boko Haram = Same Difference.

Both have the same spiritual cancer having its root in the belief that only their own specific religion or denomination is the right religion, the right message of God. From there, it can only lead to conflicts with people who don't follow the "right" religion or denomination.
so u think he forcefully islamized northern Nigeria.which has been Muslim centuries before he was even born.
Re: Boko-haram = Islamic State (IS) = Sokoto Jihad: Islamization Of Nigeria by AmunRaOlodumare: 5:45pm On Sep 10, 2014
tartar9: so u think he forcefully islamized northern Nigeria.which has been Muslim centuries before he was even born.
It's not what I think, it's what history tells us.

You don't go into Jihad if there's nobody to forcefully convert or kill.
Re: Boko-haram = Islamic State (IS) = Sokoto Jihad: Islamization Of Nigeria by tartar9(m): 8:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
AmunRaOlodumare:
It's not what I think, it's what history tells us.

You don't go into Jihad if there's nobody to forcefully convert or kill.
u dont even know what jihad is
Re: Boko-haram = Islamic State (IS) = Sokoto Jihad: Islamization Of Nigeria by AmunRaOlodumare: 10:41pm On Sep 10, 2014
Let's say I know enough to hope the Jihad mentalities disappear from the surface of earth along with the root cause of it (the thinking that ONLY your religion is the right religion and denomination, the right message of God, while others are pagans heathens infidels...).
Re: Boko-haram = Islamic State (IS) = Sokoto Jihad: Islamization Of Nigeria by lastmessenger: 11:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
AmunRaOlodumare: Let's say I know enough to hope the Jihad mentalities disappear from the surface of earth along with the root cause of it (the thinking that ONLY your religion is the right religion and denomination, the right message of God, while others are pagans heathens infidels...).
I personally don't have a problem with people believing what they choose to but where I have I problem is when what you believe in becomes a problem to those who refused to believe what you believe.religion is not by force.they cannot and will not Islamist Nigeria no matter how lovely the idea is to them
Re: Boko-haram = Islamic State (IS) = Sokoto Jihad: Islamization Of Nigeria by AmunRaOlodumare: 11:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
lastmessenger:
I personally don't have a problem with people believing what they choose to but where I have I problem is when what you believe in becomes a problem to those who refused to believe what you believe.religion is not by force.they cannot and will not Islamist Nigeria no matter how lovely the idea is to them
I respect other people's religious and spiritual belief. But respect is something that must go both ways. It must be reciprocal. If I respect them but they consider me pagans, heathens and infidels and say bad thing about me in their religion, I don't think that's what mutual respect is. There's as many religions as they are people in Africa and the World, so you must have respect for other's people beliefs and ancestral traditions.

(1) (Reply)

Ben Affleck Defends Islam / Four Killed In Jerusalem Synagogue Attack / Questionable Prophecies For 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.