Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,272 members, 7,780,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:33 PM

Why Do We Use The Question Mark When We Start A Sentence With "Guess"? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do We Use The Question Mark When We Start A Sentence With "Guess"? (702 Views)

The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same / When To Use "Will" Or "Would" In A Sentence. / Here Is The Question A Student Asked His Teacher - See Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Use The Question Mark When We Start A Sentence With "Guess"? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
i've read alot and i've seen so many sentence starting with "Guess" that ends with the question mark, why is that? Guess isn't an interogative sentence, e.g words that are suppose to end with a question mark should be "what, why, when, which, who, "is that" and other interogatives.. Can someone explain?[color=]i've read alot and i've seen so many sentence starting with "Guess" that ends with the question mark, why is that? Guess isn't an interogative sentence, e.g words that are suppose to end with a question mark should be "what, why, when, which, who, "is that" and other interogatives.. Can someone explain?[/color]i've read alot and i've seen so many sentence starting with "Guess" that ends with the question mark, why is that? Guess isn't an interogative sentence, e.g words that are suppose to end with a question mark should be "what, why, when, which, who, "is that" and other interogatives.. Can someone explain?
Re: Why Do We Use The Question Mark When We Start A Sentence With "Guess"? by spiralwedge(m): 10:26pm On Oct 31, 2014
Those sentences actually start with the phrase CAN YOU.....

i.e. CAN YOU GUESS WHAT.....? = GUESS WHAT?

similar to I HOPE YOU ARE ALRIGHT = HOPE YOU ARE ALRIGHT

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

#ebola: Teachers Must Not Report In Schools On Sept 22nd - NUT / Polyibadan Cutoff 2015 / 2016 Is Out Buh Still Loading / UNN 2014/2015 Supplementary List Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.