Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,209 members, 7,807,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

My Animation Portfolio So Far. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Animation Portfolio So Far. (1692 Views)

Kazuna Cobal'ts 3D Portfolio / Suptol Designs Portfolio / Nairaland Portfolio For Logo Designers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Animation Portfolio So Far. by reidkrugger(m): 3:23pm On Sep 10, 2014
Yep, Hello Peeps. Been a while since i posted anything on here still, its good to know that the forum iz buzzing with a lot of 3D stuffs. As you know and maybe if you dont, i love animating. But recently, i've decided to expand my frontiers to other aspects but still keeping everything as simple as i can talking low-poly. Anyways, here are the links to my past animations all in the quest to learning and honing my skills. And though i took a break for some time and now, i am back and hoping to churn out something stunning. Meanwhile enjoy.

Starting with this Dance anime
http://youtu.be/opFjvErscKw

To this Stick figures
http://youtu.be/sBAKHD4ZKC0

To this gospel anime
http://youtu.be/E3ZZ9eBJpgo

And finally this soccer animation
http://youtu.be/Z-vY3sZ5hlM

There are two Animation shorts of mine not listed here. The truth is the journey has been tough but it has been worth it so far. I try to encourage newbies as much as i can just as i have been encouraged myself and by newbies, i mean aspiring animators. And the truth of the matter is, there are certain things you can learn from youtube or the net in general talking about watching videos and i seriously doubt if animation is one of them. Walk cycles and any other cycle are the least that is expected from an animator. there are a lot more.

Below are some of my new works i hope to put out or work on. Enjoy.[img][/img].

Yeah, And i can be reached either here, on my blog or on fredocheli@yahoo.com.

And if you are a newbie wanting to know how much time it will take to get you up to speed animating, then i'll encourage you to go through my blog posts here http://reidchannel..com as you might find something beneficial to you. Animation is wide and not straight forward at first, but once you get used to lines and forms including the principles, then things start becoming easier for you. Avoid Mo-cap as a newbie.

Re: My Animation Portfolio So Far. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 10, 2014
Re: My Animation Portfolio So Far. by prof800(m): 2:07am On Sep 12, 2014
well done may your mouse keep clicking right!
Re: My Animation Portfolio So Far. by reidkrugger(m): 1:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
prof800: well done may your mouse keep clicking right!
Thanks Prof.

This thread in a way is intended to encourage newbies in the field. Starting up for me, i had a lot of questions that really didnt get answered and i can see the reason why now. Anyways, another tip into learning Animation from my point of view is that, it needs a lot of devotion and you should completely forget about making money while still in the infantry stages. Instead, you should be ready to spend. Yeah, spend money on a lot of things that would help make you a better animator. So, if you are one of those that think fifty thousand will get you there in two years, bro you are grossly mistaken. That probably would just get you internet connections and video tuts. and you aint even scratched the surface yet. So, the question now is, how do you go about this in terms of finance? Well, a shortcut to it is doing it yourself that is reading and making a lot of research. A better method however would be to get your self into an Animation School. Or getting a personal tutor or mentor.

You start learning these softwares by first learning how to model, texture blablabla. That would probably take you say a year minimum to be really good at this going on your own. But when it comes to Animating, it's a different ball game all together. It doesnt want to know whether you know how to draw or not. or wether you know photoshop or any paint programme. There's a lot going on in there if you talking 3D. While you'll have to contend with Perspective, Solidity and volume control all the time in 2D, you'll be faced with things like the graph editor, motion paths and some other stupid stuffs in 3D. Also in 3D, because of its nature of realism solidity isnt much of a problem but applying the principles are, if you dont know how and when to. Thus, you see characters turning around like robots ignoring weight shifts, pelvis rotations, foot rolls etc.

Well, that's that for the newbie. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. i'll be around for say a week.
Re: My Animation Portfolio So Far. by Princealex1(m): 8:42pm On Oct 19, 2014
reidkrugger:
Thanks Prof.

This thread in a way is intended to encourage newbies in the field. Starting up for me, i had a lot of questions that really didnt get answered and i can see the reason why now. Anyways, another tip into learning Animation from my point of view is that, it needs a lot of devotion and you should completely forget about making money while still in the infantry stages. Instead, you should be ready to spend. Yeah, spend money on a lot of things that would help make you a better animator. So, if you are one of those that think fifty thousand will get you there in two years, bro you are grossly mistaken. That probably would just get you internet connections and video tuts. and you aint even scratched the surface yet. So, the question now is, how do you go about this in terms of finance? Well, a shortcut to it is doing it yourself that is reading and making a lot of research. A better method however would be to get your self into an Animation School. Or getting a personal tutor or mentor.

You start learning these softwares by first learning how to model, texture blablabla. That would probably take you say a year minimum to be really good at this going on your own. But when it comes to Animating, it's a different ball game all together. It doesnt want to know whether you know how to draw or not. or wether you know photoshop or any paint programme. There's a lot going on in there if you talking 3D. While you'll have to contend with Perspective, Solidity and volume control all the time in 2D, you'll be faced with things like the graph editor, motion paths and some other stupid stuffs in 3D. Also in 3D, because of its nature of realism solidity isnt much of a problem but applying the principles are, if you dont know how and when to. Thus, you see characters turning around like robots ignoring weight shifts, pelvis rotations, foot rolls etc.

Well, that's that for the newbie. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. i'll be around for say a week.
mr i wuld lyk to know more abt ur craft bcus i myself am criously interested in animation and feel it is a sector yet to be exploited here in nigeria if u dont mind i wuld lyk to hv ur contact maybe bbm pin or watsapp
Re: My Animation Portfolio So Far. by fortran12: 1:22pm On Oct 20, 2014
You can create short animation films and make people aware of your talent or even sell to interested buyers, there is now an online platform where to sell digital images and movies
Sell Stock Photos,short movies and make money online, Register with www.africa-stock.com
Send an email to info@africa-stock.com for any inquiry.
Re: My Animation Portfolio So Far. by reidkrugger(m): 1:40pm On Oct 20, 2014
Princealex1: mr i wuld lyk to know more abt ur craft bcus i myself am criously interested in animation and feel it is a sector yet to be exploited here in nigeria if u dont mind i wuld lyk to hv ur contact maybe bbm pin or watsapp

My digits are 08038243725. Calls only for now and if you mail me here chimatic@gmail.com and i'll be sure to respond. Keep the spirit alive.
Re: My Animation Portfolio So Far. by Dolemite(f): 5:04pm On Oct 20, 2014
Great stuff, you're awesome bro. smiley smiley
Re: My Animation Portfolio So Far. by reidkrugger(m): 6:14pm On Oct 20, 2014
Dolemite:
Great stuff, you're awesome bro. smiley smiley

Whoooaaaa! shocked I'm flattered. Tell me it's bad if it's bad wink. I aint gon bite. But thanks tho.

(1) (Reply)

The Five Great Myths Of Film School. / Deleted thread / In Need Of Adobe Illustrator And Adobe Photoshop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.