Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,203 members, 7,780,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:03 PM

Why Are We Learning Programming Languages - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Are We Learning Programming Languages (1044 Views)

What Are The Worst Ways Of Learning Programming? / Should A Beginner Learn 2 Programming Languages At Once? / Is It Late To Start Learning Programming @ 28 Years? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are We Learning Programming Languages by aramics: 3:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
Hello to all my guruz developers and programers .
No knowledge is a waste.
As me and you know that learning computer
languages is not that easy i cant stop my self looking at lapi screen for several hour learning coding
while drinking garri for one side.
Developing software? how the hell is whatsapp
owners gaining or 2go and so many others?
we al know that is merely impossible to get good
software company to work for in this country...so
my question is why do we keep learning all this
languages..what Is the gain financially?
please understand who programmer or developer
is please ...am not talking to fake ones please
Thanks
Re: Why Are We Learning Programming Languages by asalimpo(m): 7:56pm On Sep 10, 2014
The creator of whatsap first worked at yahoo bf branching off to found whatsap.
But he had technical skills bf working @ yahoo. When he was acquiring d technical skillz ,he didnt know it wud lead to somthg great lik whatsap.
He was just learng to get a job.
The whatsap story has anoda downplayed element, he made a friend @ yahoo who encouraged him to keep workg on what wud bcome whatsap. Many times he wanted to quit.
Also when he left yahoo he had about $400k in his bank account.
Somthg to keep body and soul on till he found his next job.
Without a well paying job , whatsap wudnt have been possible.
Bottom line: it took /takes more than just a 'puter and a sharp mind to strt a startup.
2. Most rich/popular programmers ddnt know how things wud turn out. They acquired the skill bf opportunity met them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are We Learning Programming Languages by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
cheesy Answer: We learn programming languages so that we would be able to speak dem fluently. grin

Hahaaha, just kidding.

Goto WWW.GIYF.COM :-)

2 Likes

Re: Why Are We Learning Programming Languages by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
On a serious mood. cool, this may be useful.

Goto: http://m.wikihow.com/Become-a-Programmer

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Learning Programming Languages by KazukiIto(m): 10:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
@OP I've been asking myself that. But I think it's because of the love or that feeling of achievement when you make the machine do your bidding (from my point of view). It's more like a "love at first byte"; once you fall in, you can't give it up. But my stance to programming is, If you don't love it, then don't do it.

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Learning Programming Languages by aramics: 10:58pm On Sep 10, 2014
Just trying to know before dwelling in programming ...cos I no fit learn all those bleeping code without gain....doe be the real fact...

Anyway thanks for your contributions.

Anyone to help in java?

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Learning Programming Languages by mubarak70: 12:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
Like seriously, motivation is what I need right now to keep me going.

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Learning Programming Languages by Laryokeke: 1:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
KazukiIto: @OP I've been asking myself that. But I think it's because of the love or that feeling of achievement when you make the machine do your bidding (from my point of view). It's more like a "love at first byte"; once you fall in, you can't give it up. But my stance to programming is, If you don't love it, then don't do it.

you sound too much like me....can I have your number ?

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Learning Programming Languages by aramics: 9:54pm On Sep 11, 2014
KazukiIto: @OP I've been asking myself that. But I think it's because of the love or that feeling of achievement when you make the machine do your bidding (from my point of view). It's more like a "love at first byte"; once you fall in, you can't give it up. But my stance to programming is, If you don't love it, then don't do it.

Infact not only love but addictive ...I find it difficult to stand up and go toilet not until when I can't hold the urine anymore

Another stance is that I hardly feel hunry when coding ...but dies all this worth it with the nature of our country even globally....how many software have you ever pay for in your life (na cracked version every one they find)

O God o God , motivation needed o

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Learning Programming Languages by romme2u: 1:44am On Sep 12, 2014
though the market for programmers is a bit saturated, there is still high demand for developers of varying skill in all the sectors of the economy. that is wherever computer is used. with proliferation of computers and computing devices, the demand for programmers/developers is increasing for the development and maintenance of custom (in-house) softwares running on corporate intranets, extranets, the internet and even desktop and mobile environments. salary of average programmers cheesy are at par with doctors in some quarters (u can prove me wrong) as well as the fact that you can create products and services that brings you instant fame wink as well as the money.

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Learning Programming Languages by aramics: 5:55pm On Sep 12, 2014
Tell me a successful programmer you know of and where he/she work
Re: Why Are We Learning Programming Languages by KazukiIto(m): 11:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
Laryokeke:

you sound too much like me....can I have your number ?

Sure @Larry; +2348067490432/+2348126685651
Re: Why Are We Learning Programming Languages by omeizaowuda(m): 8:42am On Sep 13, 2014
You have got to be kidding me, if you learn programming only because you wanna gain...then you most definitely won't gain. My Name is omeiza and I am ux/ui designer. I do front-end web stuff. I programme because its fun and not because I wanna be rich doing so. Money comes along later but knowledge is the most important. Also, you need to specialize, if you wanna do front end web stuff, face it...if its back end web stuff, face it...but if its software dev...face it squarely too.
Re: Why Are We Learning Programming Languages by aramics: 9:24am On Sep 13, 2014
Thanks to you all

(1) (Reply)

Register For Facebook Cyberxchange Hackathon / Online Business / How To Make Your Windows 10 Run Smooth And Faster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.