Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Why Do Men (Women Too) Get Erections In The Morning AKA Morning Glory - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Men (Women Too) Get Erections In The Morning AKA Morning Glory (7222 Views)

Science Explains Why Men Get Erections In The Morning / Why Men Get Erections In The Morning! / Reasons Men Get Erections In The Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men (Women Too) Get Erections In The Morning AKA Morning Glory by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 16, 2014
Ah u don't mean it! wink I never knew dat
Re: Why Do Men (Women Too) Get Erections In The Morning AKA Morning Glory by texanomaly(f): 7:10pm On Sep 16, 2014
dre11: I always hate biology class

So if I was serious and did attend the class regularly and was a dutiful student.....

Maybe I could have provide u with the necessary response to this thread ....

But, why do the females shake their head and sometimes hiss anytime they see a guy who just woke up from sleep early in the morning and seeing his erection from his boxer or short.......
Can the ladies in the house pls provide answer to this

I have six brothers. It's nothing new to me. Four of them were very discrete. The other two didn't care who saw them. Even if I had a female friend over, or maybe because I did.
undecided
Re: Why Do Men (Women Too) Get Erections In The Morning AKA Morning Glory by Ishilove: 7:23pm On Sep 16, 2014
MizMyColi:

If it’s any consolation, men aren’t completely alone—women also get clitoral erections and vaginal engorgement during sleep, and various nonhuman mammals also get NPT. NPT actually starts in utero, or in the womb (seriously), and continues throughout life.

It seems the most likely explanation is that all of that nighttime mischief is really helping to keep your crown jewels healthy. Be pleased he’s looking out for you.
wink

Source

Haaaaa, Miz Koli, I have never had a morning glory before o! shocked shocked embarassed

So babies have woodies too? shocked

Rotfl!! cheesy
Re: Why Do Men (Women Too) Get Erections In The Morning AKA Morning Glory by Ishilove: 7:26pm On Sep 16, 2014
MizMyColi:

Nope.

I was born this way, a non-conformistwink.
That's all fine and dandy dear, but its painful to the eye, especially for those of us who use medicated glasses.
Re: Why Do Men (Women Too) Get Erections In The Morning AKA Morning Glory by Elder55: 7:46pm On Sep 16, 2014
Early morning erection in the males and females is a natural endowment by God.It is a sign of virility and life.
Re: Why Do Men (Women Too) Get Erections In The Morning AKA Morning Glory by Bunchersstab(m): 8:42pm On Sep 16, 2014
Na for you at OP.
I don expect dis kind topic tire.
E dey happen more to pipu like me wey get very high libido.
Re: Why Do Men (Women Too) Get Erections In The Morning AKA Morning Glory by texanomaly(f): 8:44pm On Sep 16, 2014
Ishilove:
Haaaaa, Miz Koli, I have never had a morning glory before o! shocked shocked embarassed

So babies have woodies too? shocked

Rotfl!! cheesy

Lol...yes O

Have you never changed a little boy's diaper?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men (Women Too) Get Erections In The Morning AKA Morning Glory by cyborg1(m): 5:21am On Sep 23, 2014
MizMyColi:

Another interesting theory is that pitching a tent prevents men from wetting the bed. There are two main types of erections: psychogenic and reflex. The former starts with stimulating thoughts or images which trigger an erection via nerve signals. The latter is an involuntary process that occurs without sexy thoughts and it's believed that a full bladder can trigger them. The nerves controlling these reflex erections are located in the sacral nerves of the spinal cord which are also stimulated by a full bladder. Since it’s difficult to pee with a stiffy, it’s thought that NPT may prevent accidental nocturnal enuresis (bed wetting). While this may sound plausible, it seems unlikely because the body has lots of other methods to prevent you from wetting the bed. Furthermore, it doesn't really make sense given that nocturnal enuresis also affects women..[/b]
wink

Source

Oooooooooh, this explains why my abstinence formulas remains the most effective so far.
And people I advice to always pee(urinate) when they feel so aroused, to ease the urge to avoid contemplating or yielding to sexual persuation or self-servicing, testify that it always works.

I couldn't explain how that excessis works, till I see this.

Big thanks.

Were do you gen this from please?
Re: Why Do Men (Women Too) Get Erections In The Morning AKA Morning Glory by MizMyColi(f): 3:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
cyborg1:

Oooooooooh, this explains why my abstinence formulas remains the most effective so far.
And people I advice to always pee(urinate) when they feel so aroused, to ease the urge to avoid contemplating or yielding to sexual persuation or self-servicing, testify that it always works.

I couldn't explain how that excessis works, till I see this.

Big thanks.

Were do you gen this from please?

just click on source.
You'll see it.

If I may ask.
What's your reason for Abstinence?
Are you currently in a relationship?
Re: Why Do Men (Women Too) Get Erections In The Morning AKA Morning Glory by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
MizMyColi:
All blokes without erectile dysfunction are graced with them and they normally occur around three to five times during sleep.

If it’s any consolation, men aren’t completely alone—women also get clitoral erections and vaginal engorgement during sleep, and various nonhuman mammals also get NPT. NPT actually starts in utero, or in the womb (seriously), and continues throughout life.

That's why I always sleep on my belly when there's any female guest, cousin, sister etc around. Many females don't know these things and may wrongly appropriate it to having nasty dreams, and it can be quite embarrassing should "it" have such type of audience. Ooh, look, I'm writing like MizMyColi tongue

MizMyColi:
Another interesting theory is that pitching a tent prevents men from wetting the bed. There are two main types of erections: psychogenic and reflex. The former starts with stimulating thoughts or images which trigger an erection via nerve signals. The latter is an involuntary process that occurs without sexy thoughts and it's believed that a full bladder can trigger them. The nerves controlling these reflex erections are located in the sacral nerves of the spinal cord which are also stimulated by a full bladder. Since it’s difficult to pee with a stiffy, it’s thought that NPT may prevent accidental nocturnal enuresis (bed wetting). While this may sound plausible, it seems unlikely because the body has lots of other methods to prevent you from wetting the bed. Furthermore, it doesn't really make sense given that nocturnal enuresis also affects women.

It seems the most likely explanation is that all of that nighttime mischief is really helping to keep your crown jewels healthy. Be pleased he’s looking out for you.
wink
But it happens to females(and I'm jus finding out from this post) and babies ( even foetuses )

texanomaly:

Lol...yes O

Have you never changed a little boy's diaper?
Yes Tex, that I've also witnessed.

But babies/foetuses have no need for gen!tal¡a acrobatics to keep the jewels healthy, as they're a long shot from puberty. So that makes that theory quite questionable too.

Like already implied the female clitor¡$ has no function in urination neither do foetuses urinate yet they too partake in the phenomenon... so that rules out urine control.

I'm thinking, could evolution provide us with a clue? (it's okay if you don't believe in evolution, nobody should attack me I don't have the strength right now). Could the reason we have morning glory be vestigial? Like why we have the appendix or the pineal glad? Human embryology shows us that at the developmental stage, before sex can even be determined, there's simply one "construct" that has the potential of developing into a peni$ or cl¡tori!s. My twopence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men (Women Too) Get Erections In The Morning AKA Morning Glory by cyborg1(m): 6:55pm On Sep 23, 2014
MizMyColi:

just click on source.
You'll see it.

If I may ask.
What's your reason for Abstinence?
Are you currently in a relationship?

Amused, ur questions are one.
U don't expect me to tell the world my personal reasons, do u. But u and I know that it is moraly, economicaly and even health wise right to wait for the right time?
It's sheer wickedness to be punishing urself and denying ur partner a conjugal right.
Re: Why Do Men (Women Too) Get Erections In The Morning AKA Morning Glory by texanomaly(f): 8:26pm On Sep 23, 2014
Xcapist:

But babies/foetuses have no need for gen!tal¡a acrobatics to keep the jewels healthy, as they're a long shot from puberty. So that makes that theory quite questionable too.

Like already implied the female clitor¡$ has no function in urination neither do foetuses urinate yet they too partake in the phenomenon... so that rules out urine control.

I'm thinking, could evolution provide us with a clue? (it's okay if you don't believe in evolution, nobody should attack me I don't have the strength right now). Could the reason we have morning glory be vestigial? Like why we have the appendix or the pineal glad? Human embryology shows us that at the developmental stage, before sex can even be determined, there's simply one "construct" that has the potential of developing into a peni$ or cl¡tori!s. My twopence.

Does this question really matter all that much? I know I'll get this wrong, here goes. " what's that got to with the price of garri?" Sorry for slaughtering that. Lol

Seriously though, this is a fun topic, but do we really need to get this In-depth with it? Will knowing the reason for "the growth of the morning glory" help us in our day to day struggles? It's fun and somewhat interesting, but I won't be dragged into a "serious" discussion of it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men (Women Too) Get Erections In The Morning AKA Morning Glory by cyborg1(m): 9:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
Xcapist:

But it happens to females(and I'm jus finding out from this post) and babies ( even foetuses )

This is why children quickly get into wild dids that their parents least expect they would. This is pure scientific research bro. So, no point arguing it.
I ve seen a day old he-goats having nasty fun with the others, without it seeing any of their adults doing it. Do u think it(tender he-goat) would understand what the adults are doing, even if it sees them doing it? And virtually all sexually reproductive mammals behaves like that in their noticeable or unnoticeable manners.

I wonder how you reason. Don't you remember that one of the characteristics of a living thing includes Excretion? Even ur body cells feed and pass out waste. And so did our gametes, not to talk of FOETUS kwa.
That is why science and religion maintains that ''ABORTION is a confirm MURDER.''
Stop careless ruling outs and pay some attention to ur biology please.

I'm thinking, could evolution provide us with a clue? (it's okay if you don't believe in evolution, nobody should attack me I don't have the strength right now).

Modern christianity will tell you every truth you need to know - no matter how painful or what it may cost - and so doesn't rule out evolution any longer, ok.
I personally found out that the steps of creation in Genesis co-incides with the stages of evolution. The only difference is time frame and observation of God's hand all through.

Human embryology shows us that at the developmental stage, before sex can even be determined, there's simply one "construct" that has the potential of developing into a peni$ or cl¡tori!s.

You simply know ur pen as a man because you witness it's behaviour as the owner, but you seem not believing women when they say their clits acts like urs. How are you going to belive that the said ''one construct that has developmental potential'' has the same characteristicts like the identifiable known genitals then?
Re: Why Do Men (Women Too) Get Erections In The Morning AKA Morning Glory by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 23, 2014
cyborg1:

This is why children quickly get into wild dids that their parents least expect they would. This is pure scientific research bro. So, no point arguing it.
I ve seen a day old he-goats having nasty fun with the others, without it seeing any of their adults doing it. Do u think it(tender he-goat) would understand what the adults are doing, even if it sees them doing it? And virtually and all sexually reproductive mammals behaves like that in their noticeable or unnoticeable manners.

I wonder how you reason. Don't you remember that one of the characteristics of a living thing includes Excretion? Even ur body cells feed and pass out waste. And so did our gametes, not to talk of FOETUS kwa.
That is why science and religion maintains that ''ABORTION is a confirm MURDER.''
Stop careless ruling outs and pay some attention to ur biology please.

Modern christianity will tell you every truth you need to know - no matter how painful or what it may cost - and so doesn't rule out evolution any longer, ok.
I personally found out that the steps of creation in Genesis co-incides with the stages of evolution. The only difference is time frame and observation of God's hand all through.

You simply know ur pen as a man because you witness it's behaviour as the owner, but you seem not believing women when they say their clits acts like urs. How are you going to belive that the said ''one construct that has developmental potential'' has the same characteristicts like the identifiable known genitals then?
I didn't argue about clits bro. I don't have one, how would I know? If the lady says she has experienced it who am I to argue? cheesy Lol.

"modern christianity"? What's that? Enlighten moi please.

Sir, I agree even unicellular organism excrete but I was talking about urination through the urinary orifice, which foetuses don't, I though I was clear enough.

And about the he-goat part, I found that funny. Lol. And I agree with you. What I'm not sure is if a day old human infant is capable of such feat.

Finally I request we don't further drag this, I didn't mean to come off as an obnoxious smartypants in the first place, apparently I failed. *hand shake?*

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Women Wear Rapex Condoms Here In Nigeria? / How Can I Get A Cottonwool That Got Stuck Inside My Leftear Out? / Ebola Patient Final Pictures Before Dying (viewer's Discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.