Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,398 members, 7,800,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles (50620 Views)

Find Out A Madrid Star Who Wants To Play For Nigeria / Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again / Stars Who Missed Out On World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by BetaThings: 6:00pm On Sep 11, 2014
etebefia: Emmanuel Adebayor is not a nigerian.
He was
He was actually born in Nigeria
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by pomporiking: 6:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
I disagree,Nigeria did a terrible job of persuading some of them to play for the national team thats why.alaba wanted to play for us but he wasn't given a chance
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by DAVE5(m): 6:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
but most were either born outside our country's shores or only have a father/mother as nigerians(and have never accepted nigerian nationality), so why were they called in the first place, wat abt those who were born and bred here (and would give anything to represent naija at international levels), weren't they qualified enuff?...

In naija, everything nah politics sha...
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by etebefia: 6:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
abolem369:
one of his parent is from Ejigbo! Ejigbo is in osun state! Nigeria
probably the mother and not the father. And that doesn't make him a nigerian.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
Alaba can kill free kicks..... He z Τ̲̅ђǝ talent we missed the most. So versatile and hard working.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by etebefia: 6:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
BetaThings:
He was
He was actually born in Nigeria
is his father a nigerian?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by hardbody: 6:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
I want to comment

....but i do not know what to say....
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by hollypagan: 6:18pm On Sep 11, 2014
who cares
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Lawalemi(m): 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
How are they better than our regular players? They could have flopped
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by chucky234(m): 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
etebefia: Emmanuel Adebayor is not a nigerian (i wonder why people see him as a nigerian, probably because of his name) for the list i don't see any of them that nigeria is missing EXCEPT David Alaba..... Ooohhhh, ohh Alaba.
Adebayo is a full blooded Nigeria, his younger brother wants to play for Nigeria.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Kcinho(m): 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
Another player we haven't approached is Tiago ilori. The Liverpool kid on loan to Bordeaux
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2014

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Amadaz(m): 6:40pm On Sep 11, 2014
Well, u have to understand that everybody cant play for nigeria. we have enough good player within and beyond the shores of naija who are capable of taking d team to greater heights. however these players might not even get a call up even if they indicate their interest to play for naija.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Rhemmymatician(m): 6:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
didadavid: Do you know Emmanuel Adebayo was a cripple as a child, and got healed in a church? Read the emotional story of his life Here. You should be in tears after reading.
Effanga is his father's name. That's ibibio/efik not igbo
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
Rhemmymatician:
Effanga is his father's name. That's ibibio/efik not igbo

Thanks for the correction.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
etebefia: Emmanuel Adebayor is not a nigerian (i wonder why people see him as a nigerian, probably because of his name) for the list i don't see any of them that nigeria is missing EXCEPT David Alaba..... Ooohhhh, ohh Alaba Market.
Adebayo came to Nigeria for under 17 screening but was not picked
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Toshibasexy(m): 7:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
etebefia: Emmanuel Adebayor is not a nigerian (i wonder why people see him as a nigerian, probably because of his name) for the list i don't see any of them that nigeria is missing EXCEPT David Alaba..... Ooohhhh, ohh Alaba Market.
who tell u say adebayor no be Yoruba? shey u no watch when he won d Africa footballer of the year when he said " e se oooo"
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Eseose9(f): 7:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
etebefia: probably the mother and not the father. And that doesn't make him a nigerian.

And so?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by lovelyronke20(f): 7:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
You can't blame them if they don't want to play for Nigeria. Most of them are not fully Nigerian. Half Nigeria Half something else.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by THUNDER4real(m): 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
amakufrancis: y
Z
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by RebelLeader15(m): 7:40pm On Sep 11, 2014
BankuTilapia2:

So that makes him a mumugerian, hahaaaaaaaaa I am a foooooooooooool
Idiotic son of a Gaynian
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by olowo200: 7:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
When somebody dey bear full yoruba name you are still saying is not a Nigerian oluwasheyi adebayo na togolese abi na efik
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by kris(m): 7:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
Toshibasexy: who tell u say adebayor no be Yoruba? shey u no watch when he won d Africa footballer of the year when he said " e se oooo"

I'm not saying he's not Yoruba, but do you know they speak Yoruba in Togo?

You can read more about him here http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Adebayor

And how Togo came to be here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Togo
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by creamylicious(f): 7:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
Titiluvly: Clap for them
not all men with vision appear on a husband television. Some of the are cut short, some just have and don't act on it.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by edi287: 8:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
Mee234:
Adebayo came to Nigeria for under 17 screening but was not picked
Under 20s too.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by longerthroat(m): 8:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
ROSS BARKLEY OF EVERTON...

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by chaberry(m): 8:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
Antell95:

You are beautiful!
shey u knw say nah 4 anoda man's bed she lye down
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by favouryemmy: 9:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
@op Olisadebe nko?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by DeeMain(m): 9:08pm On Sep 11, 2014
longerthroat: ROSS BARKLEY OF EVERTON...

Thank you. Was about to mention him. Ross Barkley is the most talented of the lot! His father is Nigerian while the mum is British.

If only our house was in order... cry
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Antell95(m): 9:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
chaberry: shey u knw say nah 4 anoda man's bed she lye down

what if na my bed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ado Hadi Collapses, Dies During Match In Spain / Okocha, Van Persie & Emmanuel Emenike Hang Out In Turkey(photos) / Olanrewaju Kayode And His Wife, Ezinne Dora Kayode & Kids (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.