Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown (12671 Views)

Oscar Pistorius Charged With Murder Of Reeva Steenkamp / Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her / Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by fyneboi79(m): 10:02pm On Sep 10, 2014
Neinah:

Mr fyneboi, U dont have to throw insults around, no one is dragging anything with you. I stated my opinion, u can state yours without being insultive.
what's d insult there? pls tell me.
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by Neinah(f): 10:02pm On Sep 10, 2014
fyneboi79: she doesn't yet know beyond sweets and biscuits and warming johnnys bed

LOOL....very funny post
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by fyneboi79(m): 10:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
ddippset: lol. funny guy you. you're really a tough guy, iam not contesting that but seriously, insulting someone on the internet is the easiest thing in the world to do. so so easy.
But seriously,I was only trying to differentiate.Sorry if I missed d mark undecided
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by jahlove4jah: 10:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
Neinah:

Not quite... I missed that part. The prosecution was really good tho... Still I dont think he killed Reeva on purpose.
. There is every indication it was premeditated. However, unlike God, we cant read the heart and people can go to any length to cover lies.
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by Neinah(f): 10:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
fyneboi79: I am not suprised this [b]nonsensical statement [/b]is coming from a girl who is obviously oblivious of facts of d case.
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by fyneboi79(m): 10:06pm On Sep 10, 2014
Neinah:

LOOL....very funny post
Is this an insult too undecided
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by Neinah(f): 10:08pm On Sep 10, 2014
fyneboi79: Is this an insult too undecided

U really dont know that what you said was insulting?
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by kobonaire(m): 10:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
fyneboi79: ....Lame excuse. He should rot in jail!!!undecided O.J Simpson escaped,but ‎u will pay Oscar! You will pay with ur filthy life.
OJ escaped the first time but he's in jail now for another crime

Neinah: ... Aside that, Pistorious should be cut some slacks, the poor guy has no legs,...
that he has no legs does not mean he should be given a free pass to kill because he has an anger management problem. I hope justice prevails tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by Forwetinnah: 10:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
Is this trial still on...so taaaay DSTV give am channel. Dem dey compete with OJ Simpson be that undecided

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by Chinwem(f): 10:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
Either way he killed somebody
At best manslaughter ie an accident
At worst 1st degree murder ie premeditated

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by Neinah(f): 10:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
jahlove4jah: . There is every indication it was premeditated. However, unlike God, we cant read the heart and people can go to any length to cover lies.

True...Looking forward to the final jugdement

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by fyneboi79(m): 10:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
Neinah:

U really dont know that what you said was insulting?
No. Really I tot of it as a compliment grin

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
freecocoa: If by tomorrow Oscar isn't put behind bars, then I'll give up on justice.

Dude's as guilty as sin.
you will see tongue
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by Neinah(f): 10:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
kobonaire: that he has no legs does not mean he should be given a free pass to kill because he has an anger management problem. I hope justice prevails tomorrow.

That he has no legs means he must have lived in fear all his life and obviously has a psychological problem.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by Neinah(f): 10:17pm On Sep 10, 2014
fyneboi79: No. Really I tot of it as a compliment grin

Loool...I see
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by Decryptor(m): 10:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
Don't you people think that if this guy wanted to really kill his girlfriend, he would have carefully executed it in such a manner that it would not be linked to him (like sending assassins to do the job)...the poor guy is innocent but unfortunately, because of the role feminism is playing in our world today, he might be found guilty.
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by freecocoa(f): 10:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
Nobleval: you will see tongue
I won't be surprised if he's let off the hook though, it's a terrible world we live in.undecided
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by freecocoa(f): 10:22pm On Sep 10, 2014
Decryptor: Don't you people think that if this guy wanted to really kill his girlfriend, he would have carefully executed it in such a manner that it would not be linked to him (like sending assassins to do the job)...the poor guy is innocent but unfortunately, because of the role feminism is playing in our world today, he might be found guilty.
You talk as if you don't know what can be done in a fit of rage, he may not have thought out a plan, he was mad and reached for his gun, simples.
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by fyneboi79(m): 10:23pm On Sep 10, 2014
Decryptor: Don't you people think that if this guy wanted to really kill his girlfriend, he would have carefully executed it in such a manner that it would not be linked to him (like sending assassins to do the job)...the poor guy is innocent but unfortunately, because of the role feminism is playing in our world today, he might be found guilty.
At ‎​dat point when ‎u loose ur temper,‎u damn all consequences and do d worst which most people except d mentally insane regret later. So dude....he has anger management problem.
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by kobonaire(m): 10:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
Neinah: That he has no legs means he must have lived in fear all his life and obviously has a psychological problem.
Lived in fear?? Is the average South African always having to run away from trouble? Let's be factual, he was a celebrity in South Africa (and the world actually) after his Olympics glory. I would never say he was "suffering". He had money/endorsements, admiration from the South African people, a gorgeous girl friend .... he was really living the life sans legs (but had prosthetics). The only psychological problem he had was his anger management issues and his propensity to use his firearms indiscriminately (like at traffic stops etc).
I feel very little pity for him. I hope justice is served tomorrow for the sake of his victim(s).
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by Neinah(f): 10:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
kobonaire: Lived in fear?? Is the average South African always having to run away from trouble? Let's be factual, he was a celebrity in South Africa (and the world actually) after his Olympics glory. I would never say he was "suffering". He had money/endorsements, admiration from the South African people, a gorgeous girl friend .... he was really living the life sans legs (but had prosthetics). The only psychological problem he had was his anger management issues and his propensity to use his firearms indiscriminately (like at traffic stops etc).
I feel very little pity for him. I hope justice is served tomorrow for the sake of his victim(s).

Nice point...but you seem to forget that having money, endorsements, admiration, a gorgeous girlfriend and every other benefit that comes with being a celebrity does not make a person secure. He is still human, one with a disability at that. We don't know what happens behind the camera. It could be unresolved childhood experiences that still lurks at the back of his mind and ultimately influences his decisions, we cant tell. Remember Robin Williams? As influential and cheerful as he was on camera, dude took his own life. One can only but wonder.
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by kobonaire(m): 11:13pm On Sep 10, 2014
Neinah:

Nice point...but you seem to forget that having money, endorsements, admiration, a gorgeous girlfriend and every other benefit that comes with being a celebrity does not make a person secure. He is still human, one with a disability at that. We don't know what happens behind the camera. It could be unresolved childhood experiences that still lurks at the back of his mind and ultimately influences his decisions, we cant tell. Remember Robin Williams? As influential and cheerful as he was on camera, dude took his own life. One can only but wonder.
Fair enough, good points. If he did have psychological problems, hopefully his legal defense presented the facts in his trial, we shall find out tomorrow. I know in the "court of public opinion" he looks guilty grin

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by maestroferddi: 11:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
Neinah:

Mr fyneboi, U dont have to throw insults around, no one is dragging anything with you. I stated my opinion, u can state yours without being insultive.
"Insultive" used by many people is actually wrong English.

The correct word should be "insulting".

I hope you don't mind being corrected...
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
Neinah: He's not guilty. The South African government is guilty for allowing civilians to own guns. Aside that, Pistorious should be cut some slacks, the poor guy has no legs, its only natural for him to react when he feels his life is under threat. Its a pity Reeva had to die tho, she was a victim of circumstance.

Abeg none of that 'he has no leg' talk.. undecided undecided
We won't be bullied by self pity and sentiments into passing a 'not guilty' verdict!! That guy is guilty and will spend the next 25 yrs struggling to hold on to his tablet of soap!! undecided undecided angry angry
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by Legendoscar2: 11:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
pickabeau1:

Balance

No balance is: "Click here if you think The defense and the Prosecution is Guilty" cheesy
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by GRAND30(m): 11:30pm On Sep 10, 2014
There are a thousand and one holes in Pistorius' defense so far. I find it hard to believe a guy would shoot at a loved one four solid times and would not discern her screaming voice. He now claims he thought she was an intruder. But neighbours invited to witness against him told the court they heard some heated argument before the shots were fired. The variations in his accounts so far don't seem to absolve him in this matter. Quite sad that a bright young girl got bitterly tucked in an irretrievable waste bin by an innocent-looking culpable gun outlaw. With a jury he might have had some sympathy as a sports celebrity. But as it stands, his fate hangs solely on the verdict of the judge.
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by chlowi(f): 11:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
Patiently waiting for the Judge!!! Tomoro is here already
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by Legendoscar2: 11:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
kobonaire:
Fair enough, good points. If he did have psychological problems, hopefully his legal defense presented the facts in his trial, we shall find out tomorrow. I know in the "court of public opinion" he looks guilty grin

It may sound harsh but I hope that Black Judge does not do what most Black South Africans in High positions do....suck up to their white masters.

I expect her to be tough, fair, non sentimental and at least use "common sense" when both prosecution and defense make their closing arguments.
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by stagger: 11:36pm On Sep 10, 2014
Everyone has taken sides. But the fact is that there are some things that only God knows. We cannot tell if he shot in panic, or it was premeditated.

I see the judge sentencing him for negligent killing. So he will not get 25 years, but will get to spend some time in jail. Either way, Oscar's life is ruined, Reeva Steenkamp's parents are also ruined (their daughter is never coming back) and the judge would have played it safe to stay out of controversy.

Don't forget the likelihood of appeal. At the end of the day, the question is: what kind of society gets so violent that murder, robberies, rapes and all forms of violent crimes takes hold for paraplegics to have to keep several firearms (including one under his pillow)?

At the end of the day, Naija is still a good place to live in. I will never substitute living in Naija for SA. NEVER!

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by Neinah(f): 11:39pm On Sep 10, 2014
maestroferddi: "Insultive" used by many people is actually wrong English.

The correct word should be "insulting".

I hope you don't mind being corrected...

At all. Thank u smiley
Re: Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown by stagger: 11:39pm On Sep 10, 2014
kobonaire: Lived in fear?? Is the average South African always having to run away from trouble? Let's be factual, he was a celebrity in South Africa (and the world actually) after his Olympics glory. I would never say he was "suffering". He had money/endorsements, admiration from the South African people, a gorgeous girl friend .... he was really living the life sans legs (but had prosthetics). The only psychological problem he had was his anger management issues and his propensity to use his firearms indiscriminately (like at traffic stops etc).

I think you need to ask Lucky Dube and many unfortunate ones like him the bolded. Try living in Jo'burg as a Nigerian...I am sure you will understand better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Ukraine Conflict Could Affect African Nations / North Korea Nuclear Test Will Be Part Of Fight Against U.S. / Israel Doesn't Want Peace By Gideon Levy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.