Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,663 members, 7,801,916 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Black People Bleaching? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Black People Bleaching? (9396 Views)

See What This Lady Said About Bleaching. / Nigerian Skin-Bleaching Expert Shares Pictures Of His Transformation / Whats' The Difference Between Bleaching And Skin Toning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black People Bleaching? by ayettymama(f): 4:23pm On Feb 21, 2010
nobody ever complains abt black people tanning

it seriously gets on my nerves! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Black People Bleaching? by OGmudbone: 7:52am On Feb 25, 2010
Why do white people tan (to be dark like black people)? And get surgery to have thicker lips (like Black people have)?, ask yourselves that question first.

Re: Black People Bleaching? by Chantalle: 11:44am On Jun 05, 2011
The bleachers are just victimes. Stop attacking them and get to the root of the real problem. That is the problem with people, they too afraid to attack the ones lying behind the problem so they attack the blacks or dark bleachers.
In all societies, in denial even, lighter skinned people and white skinned people are always treated better. So bleaching only makes the colonial confused of who really is fair naturally and who is not thats why they hate skin bleaching. Of course some skin bleaching is dangerous and some is not. Most are though. But everywhere you go even in black society, white skinned people are more respected. Dark people will have it harder everywhere and some prefer not to live thei daily lives in struggle and thats why they bleach. If you strong enough to prefer being treated differently every day in every aspected and constantly reminded of your skin colour thats fine. But dont attack the bleachers, they just trying to have a more simple life.
Look at Obama, we are in 2011 but lets not forget he is mixed race and I doubt a dark black man would become president.EVen in this era dark skinned women are less favoured its a fact.
Even the way you are treated in schools, job, housing, etc,
Re: Black People Bleaching? by ragdollz: 7:21pm On Jun 05, 2011
Yeh yeh black is beautiful and yeh I've seen some fine dark-skinned girls who'll make u wanna rub mud on urself to get that shade - but the fact is people have been altering their skin tone for centuries. In countries like China, India etc it's kinda like the norm to maintain a light skin tone (with creams) bc in THEIR culture, fairer is more appealing. However in Nigeria we've tended to abuse this trend. Black knuckles, green cheekbones and orange skin, are caused by a poor bleaching regime. If it is done right, then you come out looking your preferred tone. I myself would never want to change so much that pple who knew me years ago will be like, dayyyyuuum!! However I see nothing wrong in "bleaching" if it's not taken to the extreme ie becomes a health risk.

Even those Westerners are guilty of overdoing things eg with tanning. Some get so obsessed with "sun beds" they start to look dark orange and risk skin cancer due to over-exposure to the rays. They are derided by others for their love of the permanent tan which makes them look like painted, varnished wood grin

So you see, we all have our obsessions, but it's your life and YOU get to choose.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Foriegn Contestants Of Miss Polo International Visit Brazil Embassy, Abuja / Affordable Shoes Galore! / JEWELRY/WATCHES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.