Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,710 members, 7,805,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

How Can I Share Starcomms Fixed Wireless Modem Phone Internet Connection - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can I Share Starcomms Fixed Wireless Modem Phone Internet Connection (1541 Views)

Pls Where Can I Get Huawei E5830 Or Wireless Modem In Lagos / How Can I Share Internet Connection Using A Usb Modem? / Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Share Starcomms Fixed Wireless Modem Phone Internet Connection by bisifunke: 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2008
I have starcomms fixed wireless modem (Table phone, Hiwea). How can i share the internet access with a switch for 2 desktop ??
help
Re: How Can I Share Starcomms Fixed Wireless Modem Phone Internet Connection by goldincome(m): 4:59pm On Oct 30, 2008
You don't need a switch.
All you need to is connect the phone modem to your 1st PC and connect the Second PC to the 1st PC using a RJ45 cable
Share the Internet access from Ist PC, so that Second Pc can access it. That all, the two system will browse.

Note: you need the knowledge of Networking for you to connect the two PCs together.

Cheers
Re: How Can I Share Starcomms Fixed Wireless Modem Phone Internet Connection by bisifunke: 9:59am On Oct 31, 2008
You did nt profer any solution. I need a switch bc i will like to share with up to 4 desktop pc.
pls guru in the house help
Re: How Can I Share Starcomms Fixed Wireless Modem Phone Internet Connection by wurdz: 12:10pm On Oct 31, 2008
just like goldlinkz said,share d conn. on ur pc(want to blv u can do dt,if u cnt let me kmw)then u connect d switch via RJ 45(straight)and u set the ip on d receivn systems to automatic IP addressin.then connect them to d switch using RJ 45's.op u gt it right.
N.B sharin ur connectn on 2 many systems will slow down ur internet speed.
Re: How Can I Share Starcomms Fixed Wireless Modem Phone Internet Connection by ade9ja(m): 8:23pm On Oct 31, 2008
common wat is the speed of the modem connection, 115kbps and is on a share bandwith, so how can u share with even 2 system when it is slow with a single system.
consider using the starcomms EVDO mobile data card, even with ur desktop with that u can share with a maximum of three system.

(1) (Reply)

Help! Can't Open My Yahoomail Box / A Pic Of 5MB Hard Drive Being Shipped Away In 1956. / Why MTN Simple Server Has Not Been Working!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.